Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

What Does Nigeria Really Lack? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does Nigeria Really Lack? (4137 Views)

Why Does Nigeria Lack Creative Entrepreneurs / Is Nigeria Really The Richest Country In West Africa? / How Much Does Nigeria Make Daily From Petroleum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Afam4eva(m): 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2012
life_style:

What do you expect when the head is rotten ?

If the leadership is corrupt free, I am sure the followership will also emulate the same thing... though some bad eggs will always be but it will be at a minimal level.
Are the rulers we have from the moon? Are they not Nigerians like you and i? If you have a good followership then our politicians will not take us for granted. But the opposite happens when majority of Nigeria adopt the siddon look approach.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Lantycool: 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
leadership.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by adisarasaq(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Only thing we lack is LOVE we think only about ourself we dont care for one another that is why our president and family are spending 3million a day while average family are managing 500naira a day. So sad
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Arosa(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
I would like to propose an analogy to the situation of Nigeria.

Let's say we have two families. Family A and Family B.

Family A's children are wayward, daft and antisocial. Their parents largely leave them to their own devices and do very little active parenting. They frequently get into conflicts with other kids and underachieve at school. Their father is an alcoholic and a womanizer who doesn't spend much time at home. When he does come home, he insults his kids and tells them that they will never amount to anything.

Family B's children, on the other hand, are obedient, intelligent and hard-working. They excel at school and take part in multiple extra-curricular activities. Their parents made sure that their kids could read by the age of four (before they started primary school). Furthermore, the parents take an active, nurturing role in their children's upbringing, supervising them with their homework and making sure that they can come to them with their problems. If they do misbehave, their parents make sure that their kids are reprimanded and punished; conversely, they make sure their children are rewarded for good behaviour. Therefore, these children are both intellectually and psychologically sound.

Family A's father often laments that his children aren't more like those of Family B, stating that he is unlucky to have such useless kids because God didn't bless him with model children such as those of Family B.

Family A can be likened to Nigeria, while Family B can be likened to most countries of the Western world.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Praisezel: 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
We lack love and patrotisim.if i love u as much as i love myself i wont want to hurt u.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Cleverley(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2012
We have no dreams as a country!
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Revolva(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
Nigeria will always lack unity as a nation because now I know nothing is the clear defination of what bonds us together as a nation that is why everybody do things in a nepotic way instead of giving it to the best hands they will always back it up with where you are from TRIBALISM hatred within us its a shame and we will suffer for our deeds in the future and we are rippin it now. We allow stupid people who lack vision to be captain us I pity dis nation
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 18, 2012
Brain like mines

Spirit like mines

Loyalty and honesty like mines

Will like mines

Patience like mines

tolerance like mines

and so many others. . . . Nigeria is simply missing someone like me.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by Timson40: 5:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
NIGERIA lacks everything except natural resources. To start with, nigeria lacks the FEAR OF GOD and a nation that lacks such can do and undo.we lack CONCIENSE and any body that lacks such can do anything evil as well such as the bomb blast issue . Again we lack LOVE AND CARE for our fellow human being. And anybody that lacks such will be full of greed, this are what our leaders practice. We also lack HONESTY anybody that lacks honesty will practice corruption anywhere he finds his or self, and that is the highest population of people we have in nigeria. Governments officials are full of corruption. Now the non governments officials too practice it. infact if I should enfasise much on corruption time will not permit me. Let just keep on praying that God intervene quickly because only God can change this nation. Cos we all have limited time to use in this world. Its better things change now before our generation fades out.

Thanks
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by greenhouse2012: 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2012
There is an old Nigeria- the country where corruption, mediocrity and selfishness have been institutionalized. Wrong is right in this dispensation and so you are said to be slack if you insist on what is right(wrong in the old times). Lets have young people who refuse to think like those before them. Lets have young people who play their roles with new thinking and innovation. People who respect the dignity of the Human life. Lets have Governors whose works rather than billboards speak for them. People reasonable enough to embark on projects that will outlive their tenure in office.
The people need water to flow in homes.They need schools-real schools, they need electricity, they need health care; they need to live older than 48years.The old thinking is that we are poor, we cant afford those basic things.The new thinking, however, is "how can we go about it?". Why are our towns and cities unplanned? why are our roads untarred? are these things not important?
I am the Governor, I grew up in the village, I was without shoes when I was young. Several years after, in the same village where I grew up, my brothers, uncles, sisters, cousins, nephews and nieces have remained without schools, hospitals and clean water. Why have we refused to identify with these ones. Why do we leave them to suffer. We build beautiful houses and fence them in for the fear that somone might attack us;someone we refused to provide for in this year's budget. Everyone wants a part of the cake and some will take it by force if it doesn't come to them freely.
Let us shun hypocrisy. God is light and in him there is no darkness. If we say we love God and do not love the man whom we see, we lie. There are beggars everywhere. Asking from those who can barely help. Old men and women, some who have served the nation with all their strenght. Why have we refused to be loyal to these ones.
Nigeria is not an inanimate object. Nigeria is made of people, so we cannot serve Nigeria without serving the people. We cannot love without the people.
Young man think fresh. Say no to all forms corruption. What you sow you shall reap. Corruption destroys the corrupt.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by greenhouse2012: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2012
There is an old Nigeria- the country where corruption, mediocrity and selfishness have been institutionalized. Wrong is right in this dispensation and so you are said to be slack if you insist on what is right(wrong in the old times). Lets have young people who refuse to think like those before them. Lets have young people who play their roles with new thinking and innovation. People who respect the dignity of the Human life. Lets have Governors whose works rather than billboards speak for them. People reasonable enough to embark on projects that will outlive their tenure in office.
The people need water to flow in homes.They need schools-real schools, they need electricity, they need health care; they need to live older than 48years.The old thinking is that we are poor, we cant afford those basic things.The new thinking, however, is "how can we go about it?". Why are our towns and cities unplanned? why are our roads untarred? are these things not important?
I am the Governor, I grew up in the village, I was without shoes when I was young. Several years after, in the same village where I grew up, my brothers, uncles, sisters, cousins, nephews and nieces have remained without schools, hospitals and clean water. Why have we refused to identify with these ones. Why do we leave them to suffer. We build beautiful houses and fence them in for the fear that somone might attack us;someone we refused to provide for in this year's budget. Everyone wants a part of the cake and some will take it by force if it doesn't come to them freely.
Let us shun hypocrisy. God is light and in him there is no darkness. If we say we love God and do not love the man whom we see, we lie. There are beggars everywhere. Asking from those who can barely help. Old men and women, some who have served the nation with all their strenght. Why have we refused to be loyal to these ones.
Nigeria is not an inanimate object. Nigeria is made of people, so we cannot serve Nigeria without serving the people. We cannot love without the people.
Young man think fresh. Say no to all forms corruption. What you sow you shall reap. Corruption destroys the corrupt.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by babeface3: 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2012
The rate of ignorance is still very high in the country. People do not know their left from their right. Even in this forum, you still find out there is no sound public opinion; better education is lacking.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by DanielNwulu: 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2012
Love and good leadership structure........(Government)
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by thoth: 6:47am On Jun 19, 2012
Nigeria lacks a good intelligence outfit.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by ticon4life(m): 9:18am On Jun 19, 2012
We lack Good Leadership with utmost, selfless sincerety,(2) we do't have vision as a nation' (3) we lack fear of God.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by vanstanzy(m): 10:00am On Jun 19, 2012
leaks: With Corruption, Bombings, kidnappings, armed robbery, raping of young and old, cultist, ritualists, etc

I think we lack good Security, Protection Of our Lives, Properties and a functioning government.

what do you think we lack as a nation?

All we lack is a GOOD CONSTITUTION that will produce GOOD LEADERS or VICE VERSA. Which ever way we want it, though. Everyother thing will follow suit.
Re: What Does Nigeria Really Lack? by vanstanzy(m): 10:06am On Jun 19, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Brain like mines

Spirit like mines

Loyalty and honesty like mines

Will like mines

Patience like mines

tolerance like mines

and so many others. . . . Nigeria is simply missing someone like me.

Guy, what are u doing? Mine doesn't come the u used them in ur sentences. I could have sworn u were counting gold-mines.
Moderator, i forgot something EDUCATION IS LACKING in Naija.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola, Tinubu In Battle Royale / What Does SAI Means - From SAI Buhari / An Open Letter To The Igbo Nation And Other Pro-Biafran Activists : By Chiwude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.