Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew (12184 Views)

El Rufai For President 2019! Kaduna Is Already Changing / Xenophobia: Nigeria Gives South Africa 24hours Ultimatum. Threatens Action / Aliyu Congratulates Buhari, Declares Curfew In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by petokey: 12:28am On Jun 19, 2012
Following the night attack in various areas in kaduna, the relaxed curfew has been reverted back to 24hrs. This is latest happenings. Killings everywhere like Iraq and Iran.

The Kaduna state government has re-imposed the 24 hour curfew it relaxed yesterday.

This follows fresh reports of violence in several areas this morning.

A statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media Reuben Buhari said the curfew affects all the 23 local government areas of the state.

"In view of certain new security challenges that came up today, and based on the need for the state government to continue with its responsibility of safeguarding
the lives and properties of it citizens, the state government is hereby re- imposing a 24 hours curfew in all parts of the state.

"As unpalatable as this decision is the state government is doing it in the best interest of the state. Consequently, everybody is strongly advise to go back home
now, while security agencies continue with the task of ensuring total peace in the state," he said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=165422:breaking-news-kaduna-re-imposes-24-hours-curfew-as-fresh-violence-breaks-out&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by petokey: 12:32am On Jun 19, 2012
A friend of mine staying in Nasarawa area of Kaduna told me he has run for his life. It was like an American war film in reality. Gun battle.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by petokey: 12:38am On Jun 19, 2012
It has escalated to other flash point. Even this soldiers can not stop them.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by inspirenet: 11:15am On Jun 19, 2012
petokey: A friend of mine staying in Nasarawa area of Kaduna told me he has run for his life. It was like an American war film in reality. Gun battle.

undecided hmm
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by DeeJ1(m): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2012
But I heard people are going about their normal activity.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by abioz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
@ petokey pls no dey add sugar...what we need is peace & normalcy. God help us all
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by sadyeek(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
[size=16pt]yeah, people where just runing up and down.
This guys are just mssin up anyhow, just causing trouble and making us stay locked up in the house and be less productive. So fustrating!
[/size]
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by mykejones(m): 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
Dee-J:
U heard wrongly.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by Matilde1: 1:34pm On Jun 19, 2012
what's happen, we need true update.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by Omexonomy: 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2012
petokey: A friend of mine staying in Nasarawa area of Kaduna told me he has run for his life. It was like an American war film in reality. Gun battle.
All in the name of they dont want gej to rule
All in the name of they are born to rule nigeria by power by fire till enternity.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by sheriffman(m): 1:35pm On Jun 19, 2012
Its true Kaduna was goin on fire before the security agents nicked it in the bud.A former muslim colleague of mine though he is Yoruba who stays in tudun wada called me and pleaded to stay @ home int the name of God.Muslims frm different areas of kaduna who are aggreived and still reeling from the Sunday Xtian attacks on their people must have planned their attacks well considering the fact that the curfew had been reduced to 6:00am-6:00pm (12hrs) albeit too early cos the way Kad is structured has it that u ve to go to the town Central to carry out most commercial and business activities and this central happens to be Muslims/Hausa Dominated areas.it's even closer to their base and the Xtian dominated areas are far away from the town.So it happened that in a part of town called Gate to be precise there is a mini market/garage around the zone and just when commercial activities were picking up there,the gates of the place was locked as planned the front and back gates were shutdown and a whistle was blown by the hausas that was when the mayhem began for the Xtians/Non hausas who were caught in between it was hell.As at that time Two people were dead and one of the survivor I saw said even a cripple begging for alms also had a stick/rod that he also used in attacking him.And another survivor who was injured and broke his hand said one of the people that attacked him was someone he knew well and does business with.As at now Most people who have a safe passage to their abode are back home and chilling.The town is still tensed up but I can tell you that the last has not been heard.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by Omexonomy: 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by hovic(m): 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
And they said islam is of peace.
#Islam my hass.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by lacasa: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2012
While the nation is in crisis, while some ignorant idiots are out tђere killing themselves on the streets, our President is in Brazil τ̅o attend the "World Earth Summit" ...(Amazing!!!).

.. Nigerians, xtians anϑ muslims, can Ɣou see your lives??

They've turned us τ̅o monkeys †ђªt dnt know their left from right

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by hovic(m): 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
Thinkin and living in nigeria make me sick...
#Mtchw Islam my hass.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by Ekans: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
Its getting really crazy in this country.Where is the man we elected president?
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by hovic(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2012
Dear God plz i wanna fight, just like Joshua did.
I just cant leave my christian brothers to die, i just cant lord, help us or will gonna help ourself.
#Blood in my eyes.
#Islam my hass.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by buJu234: 1:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
@ sheriffman;

cant the non-hausa form their businesses around their environs; must they go to the Hausa/Muslim area 4 business?

"And another survivor who was injured and broke his hand said one of the people that attacked him was someone he knew well and does business with".

time like this u dont do mr & mrs Peace maker; u either do business in ur safe heaven or stay at home
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by slimming: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
God will surely restore our peace in this land.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by sheriffman(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
buJu-234:
@ sheriffman;

cant the non-hausa form their businesses around their environs; must they go to the Hausa/Muslim area 4 business?

"And another survivor who was injured and broke his hand said one of the people that attacked him was someone he knew well and does business with".

time like this u dont do mr & mrs Peace maker; u either do business in ur safe heaven or stay at home
Gud point raised there but that is akin to relocating the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria to Abj frm Lagos,or doing same to oil frm SS to elsewhere.Very difficult.Now with the way things are going xtians,non indigenes and non hausas may ve to unite and do this thing once and 4 all.They should be a concerted effort though systematically recreate or create serious commercial activities frm the troublesome parts to safer havens but they may need the indirect support of the Govt. which Yakowa will never grant even though he is a Xtian.He is still an elite like them and will only protect their interests.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by ExInferis(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
sheriffman: Its true Kaduna was goin on fire before the security agents nicked it in the bud.A former muslim colleague of mine though he is Yoruba who stays in tudun wada called me and pleaded to stay @ home int the name of God.Muslims frm different areas of kaduna who are aggreived and still reeling from the Sunday Xtian attacks on their people must have planned their attacks well considering the fact that the curfew had been reduced to 6:00am-6:00pm (12hrs) albeit too early cos the way Kad is structured has it that u ve to go to the town Central to carry out most commercial and business activities and this central happens to be Muslims/Hausa Dominated areas.it's even closer to their base and the Xtian dominated areas are far away from the town.So it happened that in a part of town called Gate to be precise there is a mini market/garage around the zone and just when commercial activities were picking up there,the gates of the place was locked as planned the front and back gates were shutdown and a whistle was blown by the hausas that was when the mayhem began for the Xtians/Non hausas who were caught in between it was hell.As at that time Two people were dead and one of the survivor I saw said even a cripple begging for alms also had a stick/rod that he also used in attacking him.And another survivor who was injured and broke his hand said one of the people that attacked him was someone he knew well and does business with.As at now Most people who have a safe passage to their abode are back home and chilling.The town is still tensed up but I can tell you that the last has not been heard.

chei! you're a big liar! i was in town when it happened nd its not even close to what your tiny mind just conjured up out of your ar5e. there had been tension since yesterday when bodies of muslims killed on sunday were brought by soldiers for burial. even then youths were murmuring about revenge. today's wahala began with tire burning from tudun wada and mass panicking. some thugs took advantage and started attacking shops and one xtian settlement near badarawa. soldiers immediately quelled the mob and curfew was declared. meanwhile people like you embellished the skirmishes to a full on uprising simply because mobile phones enable your fantsaies. shikenna! you overdramatic panic-pedlling crud. STOP SPREADING LIES!

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by oluMyderz(m): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2012
Dee-J:
bt d story has changed.u no blv?
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by sheriffman(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
buJu-234:
@ sheriffman;

Gud point raised there but that is akin to relocating the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria to Abj frm Lagos,or doing same to oil frm SS to elsewhere.Very difficult.Now with the way things are going xtians,non indigenes and non hausas may ve to unite and do this thing once and 4 all.They should be a concerted effort though systematically recreate or create serious commercial activities frm the troublesome parts to safer havens but they may need the indirect support of the Govt. which Yakowa will never grant even though he is a Xtian.He is still an elite like them and will only protect their interests.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by tessyade: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
Why will the kaduna state government relax the curfew so early in the first place?
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by jaybee(f): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2012
sadyeek: [size=16pt]yeah, people where just runing up and down.
This guys are just mssin up anyhow, just causing trouble and making us stay locked up in the house and be less productive. So fustrating!
[/size]

@ sadyeek Pls if you have nothing to say just shut up. who are the guys that are 'just mssin up anyhow'? who is making you to 'stay locked up in the house and be less productive'?

who stops from going out and be productive?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by ExInferis(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
tessyade: Why will the kaduna state government relax the curfew so early in the first place?

search me o! and they claim to have advisers. while soldiers are hauling in bodies you're bisy relaxing curfew. meanwhile GEJ has gone for samba and brazilian beer.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by olaniyio1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
a christian man and His family driving along kawo road in a red sienna was attacked .His car damaged and him and his all his family slauttered.this happened 20mins ago just opposite kawo market.may their soul rest in peace.Amen.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by oluMyderz(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
hovic: And they said islam is of peace.
#Islam my hass.
dont kno hw insane r u....for open dat ur woeful n dirty mouth. F00L!

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by Pakavy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
mykejones:
U heard wrongly.
i dont think zaria is affected cos i attended my lectures in shikka 4rm 7am to 11am,took a friends car 2 wudil kano,as i typed i am in a commercial car 4rm wudil 2 gyedigyedi 4rm were i wuld board a vehicle 2 zaria..just cald a pal at basawa and he said is 6am to 6pm stil.wetin dey happen nah?
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by ExInferis(m): 2:09pm On Jun 19, 2012
olaniyi .o:
a christian man and His family driving along kawo road in a red sienna was attacked .His car damaged and him and his all his family slauttered.this happened 20mins ago just opposite kawo market.may their soul rest in peace.Amen.

another lie o! there has been 24hr curfew since the last hour and a half. shoot on sight order given. where you described is close to 1DIV HQ. please stop spreading rumors, you're only making a bad situation worse.
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by kemidebbie(f): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2012
I was in kawo some 2hours ago plp running helter scatter. I saw a car broken into windshield broken blood stain. It is well Jesus we are in your hands
Re: Kaduna Is Back To 24hours Curfew by emmyitodo: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
@petokey....tnx for d info and update. though i heard about d adjusted curfew time n read it on d internet, real time and situations report is most invaluable at d moment. as at this very moment i feel stranded(in enugu) because of the unfortunate crisis. i stay and live in both kakuri and barnawa and will thus appreciate more updates

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flood Victims Camp At Oleh In Delta (Pictures) / How Policymakers Can Put Africa Back On Upward Trajectory- Ngozi Okonjo Iweala / EFCC Re-arraigns Shamsudeen Bala Mohammed For N1.2bn Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.