Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

World Sickle Cell Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Sickle Cell Day (6275 Views)

19th June - World Sickle Cell Anaemia Day. My Story As A Warrior / World Sickle Cell Day / Marriage And The Sickle Cell Genotype Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Sickle Cell Day by mukina2: 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2012
Today June 19th is world sickle cell day,

Sickle Cell is a malfunction of blood cells in our friends...support them to have a better life...don't cast them away

Support people suffering from sickle cell ,love them and care for them do not discriminate.

Endeavour to say a prayer today for the families that have lost loved ones to this disease and for the survivors

smiley

5 Likes

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Konnektions146(m): 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2012
heard dis mornin dat de 1st bone marrrow transplant in nigeria was done in Uni of Benin Teachin Hhospital and it went successfull,
though de challenge is de cost of suchh a procedure but nonetheless, dere is cure.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by diehard1: 12:54pm On Jun 19, 2012
There should be more awareness on prevention too. Most parents that have sicklers, do so due to ignorance and this leads to sadness on both the parents and the children. Couples that have the probability of giving birth to sicklers should endeavour to stop the relationship no matter the love between them cause they may end up leaving a sad life if their kids end up being sicklers. The other alternative is adoption or to do selection before birth which many my not like.

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
Happy sickle cell day to all the sicklers in the world!
May u all get better and stronger.

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
These days I'm so healthy it takes my avascular necrosis to remind me my genotype is SS. Thank God for my mother who never gave up and a father who was never there but was very concerned too. I thank God for cellod-s. If not for it, maybe it would be approaching my 15th remembrance by now.

To 'sufferers' out there, hold on. God will not permit a temptation you can not handle. I know some are already saying 'how can?' but there is nothing God can not do. I used to have all the symptoms which are all gone until I developed avascular necrosis 2 years back, most of you won't even know what it is because your case is not that severe, I guess a stroke is the only symptom I haven't had. But I am out of it all, from being a dwarf to growing to over 6ft, yeah my avascular necrosis is gone just stretching my glute to regain full joint motion.

The only advantage of being SS seems to be our intelligence, I haven't met even an average SCD sufferer. We are all brilliant beyond average, despite being a fine artist people think I belong to the sciences.

Wishing you all the best, in your deepest pains please do not give up hope. God is with us all.

Have a nice day

9 Likes

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by mukina2: 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
blink182: These days I'm so healthy it takes my avascular necrosis to remind me my genotype is SS. Thank God for my mother who never gave up and a father who was never there but was very concerned too. I thank God for cellod-s. If not for it, maybe it would be approaching my 15th remembrance by now.

To 'sufferers' out there, hold on. God will not permit a temptation you can not handle. I know some are already saying 'how can?' but there is nothing God can not do. I used to have all the symptoms which are all gone until I developed avascular necrosis 2 years back, most of you won't even know what it is because your case is not that severe, I guess a stroke is the only symptom I haven't had. But I am out of it all, from being a dwarf to growing to over 6ft, yeah my avascular necrosis is gone just stretching my glute to regain full joint motion.

The only advantage of being SS seems to be our intelligence, I haven't met even an average SCD sufferer. We are all brilliant beyond average, despite being a fine artist people think I belong to the sciences.

Wishing you all the best, in your deepest pains please do not give up hope. God is with us all.

Have a nice day
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by diehard1: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2012
God is your strength and he will see you through. Many happy years bro.

blink182: These days I'm so healthy it takes my avascular necrosis to remind me my genotype is SS. Thank God for my mother who never gave up and a father who was never there but was very concerned too. I thank God for cellod-s. If not for it, maybe it would be approaching my 15th remembrance by now.

Have a nice day
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by toyeoye(m): 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2012
@blink 182..im happy fr u my guy!may u live long.how did u get over d whole p?pls xplain betr.im ss aswel bt sooo addictd to painkillas.try put guys thru na.any medicatns?and whats d necrosis thng.summer approachn nd ive tryd all protein shakes d world has to offer just to b buff bt na long tin mehn.im thinkin abt steroids!
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
toyeoye: @blink 182..im happy fr u my guy!may u live long.how did u get over d whole p?pls xplain betr.im ss aswel bt sooo addictd to painkillas.try put guys thru na.any medicatns?and whats d necrosis thng.summer approachn nd ive tryd all protein shakes d world has to offer just to b buff bt na long tin mehn.im thinkin abt steroids!
I mentioned it in my post. Please stay off pain killers, I don't know how severe your case is, there was a time I was constantly on anastethic, it took only three days for it to stop killing the pain. I would sleep for 15 minutes or so then scream the rest of the day until I was too exhausted to even shout. You seem not to be in nigeria.

Avascular necrosis is bone death due to Ischimea-which is a drop in blood supply to cells. Its usually of the hip, the femoral head bone cells start to die and the weight of your body eventually starts to make it collapse. Then the pains come in. Man, you don't want to experience it. The joint starts to stiffen and eventually dislocate, then you have to go for anthroplasty to correct it.

The supplement I use is called cellod-s, here is a link to their website www dot ormedsupremeoption dot com/cellod talk to them. Its not a wonder drug o, it takes time. It gradually removes the symptoms, I don't know how it works but it works.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by amaraj(f): 2:29pm On Jun 19, 2012
i wish every one out there suffering from this disease quick recovery.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 19, 2012
amaraj: i wish every one out there suffering from this disease quick recovery.
You do not recover from it, you manage it.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by chinig(m): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2012
Cld sum1 tell me where I cn get nicosan
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by lanetrips: 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2012
chinig: Cld sum1 tell me where I cn get nicosan

Nicosan is out of d market,use cellod-s it works wonders and pray fervently.there is nutin GOD can't do.I av seen someone whose genotype changed frm ss to aa afta d pastor prophesied.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by davidzfarm(m): 4:01pm On Jun 19, 2012
THE POWER OF FAITH,FIRST, WISHING EVERYONE SUFFERING FROM THIS PAIN IMMEDIATE DIVINE INTERVENTION: PLS JESUS CAN HEAL YOU, HE CREATED THE WORLD IN SIX DAYS, HE CREATED EVERY ORGAN IN UR BODY AND THE PARTS ARE AVAILABLE WITH HIM. TRUST GOD THE MORE AND YOU'LL BE FREE FOREVER. DOCTORS ARE ONLY BODY MECHANICS; GOD IS THE HEALER

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2012
lanetrips:
Nicosan is out of d market,use cellod-s it works wonders and pray fervently.there is nutin GOD can't do.I av seen someone whose genotype changed frm ss to aa afta d pastor prophesied.
Wow, its nice to see another user of cellod-s. I didn't reply that post intentionally before people say I am advertising for them. Professor Akinyaju, the so called no 1 helper of SCD sufferers in Nigeria is making sure cellod-s is not known as he makes a lot of money from his foundation that takes pleasure in managing crises instead of showing them a drug that could eliminate crises almost totally, as for me its total-I can't remember my last crises.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
[/color]
blink182: I mentioned it in my post. Please stay off pain killers, I don't know how severe your case is, there was a time I was constantly on anastethic, it took only three days for it to stop killing the pain. I would sleep for 15 minutes or so then scream the rest of the day until I was too exhausted to even shout. You seem not to be in nigeria.

Avascular necrosis is bone death due to Ischimea-which is a drop in blood supply to cells. Its usually of the hip, the femoral head bone cells start to die and the weight of your body eventually starts to make it collapse. Then the pains come in. Man, you don't want to experience it. The joint starts to stiffen and eventually dislocate, then you have to go for anthroplasty to correct it.

The supplement I use is called [color=#990000]cellod-s, here is a link to their website www dot ormedsupremeoption dot com/cellod talk to them. Its not a wonder drug o, it takes time. It gradually removes the symptoms, I don't know how it works but it works.

@ blink182, I think d link u put has bein deleted, pls resend. Thanks
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by femibig(m): 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Blink182, i thank God for your life, @ davidzfarm, you are right my brother. I used to be a Sickler, said "used to" because i'm now free from all crisis and pains, you guys won't understand, it was hell. I thank God the provider of perfect health, thought i have not checked my genotype and i've not been ill or had any crisis in like 7years now, i believe i'm totally free and delivered from being an ss gene carrier. Wish you all the best.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by afechosen(m): 7:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
A Chicago woman cured of SCD...the 1st using stem cell transplant & without chemotherapy!Thank God this is happening in my life time! :DA Chicago woman cured of SCD...the 1st using stem cell transplant & without chemotherapy!Thank God this is happening in my life time!
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2012
ogunsanya: [color=#000099][/color]

@ blink182, I think d link u put has bein deleted, pls resend. Thanks
www.ormedsupremeoption.com The company produces 2 drugs but cellod-s is what you need to check. I think they have the most processed drug in the country. Cellod-s is 100% herbal, you can even chew the contents- its far from bitter.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Stronger99: 12:49am On Jun 20, 2012
i also suffer from SCA. However, i'm kind of lucky in some ways. I don't have pain, maybe once a yr and a strong painkiller is just all i pop and it goes. I also don't have transfusion. Can't remember when last i ever got transfused. My main problem is constant malaria, almost every 2weeks and then jaundice.I dnt take drugs just multivitamins only.
@blink, i never heard of dis cellod-s and i'm wondering if it can help eliminate jaundice and dis constant malaria thingy? I thank God for helping me throughout. I seem to have maybe the minor form of SS compared to what i read of other people and how they suffer so much from this ailment.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Essencysun(m): 1:20am On Jun 20, 2012
No matter how long the night seems to be, it can never stop d morning

1 Like

Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 20, 2012
Stronger99: i also suffer from SCA. However, i'm kind of lucky in some ways. I don't have pain, maybe once a yr and a strong painkiller is just all i pop and it goes. I also don't have transfusion. Can't remember when last i ever got transfused. My main problem is constant malaria, almost every 2weeks and then jaundice.I dnt take drugs just multivitamins only.
@blink, i never heard of dis cellod-s and i'm wondering if it can help eliminate jaundice and dis constant malaria thingy? I thank God for helping me throughout. I seem to have maybe the minor form of SS compared to what i read of other people and how they suffer so much from this ailment.
You can give it a try. Call the company and tell them your case, they will advise you on buying or not.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by nagoma(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2012
Could someone tell me what the Sicle Cell Foundation of Nigeria is doing for SS condition in real terms in Nigeria? The foundation seems to have been active only in fund raising over the last 20 years or so. They aggressively raise funds from coporate organizations, commercial outlets, government institutions and from individuals. Airline passengers in flight are daily bombarded with elequent appeals and provided with envelopes to place money and cheques. They are given account numbers to place money for the benefit of sickle cell suffering population. But we have not seen the benefits. Can somebody tell us what these people are doing and where? It is called the sickle cell foundation of Nigeria but has presence in a building in lagos where construction is always going on. Does the foundation render it's annual audit report and balance sheet to people? What exactly are these few individuals doing with the huge amounts of money they collect every year? Sicklers and their relatives want to know. All Nigerians want to know what is going on.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 20, 2012
nagoma: Could someone tell me what the Sicle Cell Foundation of Nigeria is doing for SS condition in real terms in Nigeria? The foundation seems to have been active only in fund raising over the last 20 years or so. They aggressively raise funds from cooperate organizations, commercial outlets, government institutions and from individuals. Airline passengers in flight are daily bombarded with elequent appeals and provided with envelopes to place money and cheques. They are given account numbers to place money for the benefit of sickle cell suffering population. But we have not seen the benefits. Can somebody tell us what these people are doing and where? It is called the sickle cell foundation of Nigeria but has presence in a building in lagos where construction is always going on. Does the foundation render it's annual audit report and balance sheet to people? What exactly are these few individuals doing with the huge amounts of money they collect every year? Sicklers and their relatives want to know. All Nigerians want to know what is going on.
Its not a few individuals, it is one individual, Professor Akinyaju, all he does is show fake sympathy and managing sickle cell with useless treatments- folic acid and those normal rubbish doctors offer. Ormedsupremeoption tried to collaborate with him and treat his patients with reasonable improvements but he refused, the CEO of the company said it all in his interview with vanguard.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by NonsoChris(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2012
If you need the drug (Cellod-s) just tell me your location,and i will give you the nearest link to get it. From the testimonies of users,it's like every sickler needs that drug.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2012
Nonso Chris: If you need the drug (Cellod-s) just tell me your location,and i will give you the nearest link to get it. From the testimonies of users,it's like every sickler needs that drug.
Every one of us needs it. It's a pity Nigeria is the country it is. The drug should be bought and distributed by government as it is quite expensive or better still subsidize.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by NonsoChris(m): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2012
blink182: Every one of us needs it. It's a pity Nigeria is the country it is. The drug should be bought and distributed by government as it is quite expensive or better still subsidize.
yes it's quite expensive,i just called the management of the company,he said it's 4,500 for 150 capsules,and no pharm should sell above that price. He also said that why government can not subsidise it is because the government refused to recognise the drug,that he has been trying to see that the drug pass through clinical trials. Moreover,he said that what he is trying to do is to see if he can get some NGO's to help out for the drug to get to some people who can't afford it. Lastly he was trying to explain to me why he think the drug was not expensive at that price when my airtime ran out.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by nagoma(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2012
blink182: Its not a few individuals, it is one individual, Professor Akinyaju, all he does is show fake sympathy and managing sickle cell with useless treatments- folic acid and those normal rubbish doctors offer. Ormedsupremeoption tried to collaborate with him and treat his patients with reasonable improvements but he refused, the CEO of the company said it all in his interview with vanguard.

Thank you. Do you please have any reference - like the date of publication of that vanguard? I am really interested.
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2012
Nonso Chris: yes it's quite expensive,i just called the management of the company,he said it's 4,500 for 150 capsules,and no pharm should sell above that price. He also said that why government can not subsidise it is because the government refused to recognise the drug,that he has been trying to see that the drug pass through clinical trials. Moreover,he said that what he is trying to do is to see if he can get some NGO's to help out for the drug to get to some people who can't afford it. Lastly he was trying to explain to me why he think the drug was not expensive at that price when my airtime ran out.
Yes oh, i guess you are not sickle celled, if you are, you will know the drug is damn cheap for what it provides sufferers. Think of the transfusion, pain killers and time wasted in hospital bed. Only someone who has carried the financial burden of treating an SCD patient will truly appreciate the price of that medicine. There are some pharmacists that sell for N15 0000 even.

nagoma:

Thank you. Do you please have any reference - like the date of publication of that vanguard? I am really interested.
Go to their website, look for publications...cellod-s,...the interview should be there, they scanned pages of the newspaper. Ok its The Guardian that did the interview http://www.ormedsupremeoption.com/page18.htm
Re: World Sickle Cell Day by kingPINN(m): 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
I read these lines and I cry out from the depth of my heart..Sickle Cell Anaemia, what a killer disease!! I lost 3 loved ones almost in a year to this MONSTER, first it was my first cousin. He died Dec 1999, as if that wasn't enough..I lost my elder brother who was a Law Student in July 2000, a very brillant chap, one of the finest law students in his school and as if that was nt enough, you came and took my younger brother in Sept 2000. I look back and wondered the pains they gone thru on their sojourn on tis earth. If tis drug is made handy, a whole lots of lives would b saved. I wish you all God's divine healing, pls create awareness for this drug as a whole lot of lives can be saved..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thirsty King Cobra Is Given Water From A Bottle In India Village (photos) / What Medical Tests Should Intending Couples Undergo? / A Quick Remedy For Typhoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.