Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,958 members, 7,866,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:23 PM

Italian Student Visa-help! - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Italian Student Visa-help! (491635 Views)

I Need South Africa Visa Help / Cable Visa Help / FRENCH TOURIST VISA : Help Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (235) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 7:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Faithdamsel:

explain to us how it went oh
Sure. Firstly, your booking slip is collected and confirmed. You are told to go to one of the offices to register your name. Then, you are directed to Andre (the italian staff in charge of student visas). Andre asks for your invitation letter which in this case is the letter sent to you by the university you applied to, stating you have been admitted. Andre looks through his admission list to confirm this. If valid, he hands you a GTBank deposit slip from the Consulate (its a customised slip which you can't get in GTBank). The sum on the slip is N11,600. You go to any GTBank closes to you, which is at Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island. Walk to Bonny camp, there you will get a keke (for N50) going to GTBank, Adeola Odeku branch. Pay the sum and return to the embassy with the two deposit slips given to you (the pink and the blue slips). You are not to drop anyone in the bank. Take these slips to the italian embassy. Andre collects them and hands you the "pink" slip. He asks for all your documents and passport. I made two photocopies of all my documents. After going through them, he puts them in a file and writes on your booking slip, the file number and date you are to come and collect your visa. Finire! If you have anyother questions, please feel free to ask. Best of luck!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 7:18am On Aug 04, 2016
Faithdamsel:
those that have gone for visa application, please give us info how it went oh. Should the visa form be filled by hand or typed? And were you able to submit without DOV?

Mine was not typed but handwritten and it wasn't rejected.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 04, 2016
Best of luck bro, did u apply with your DOV
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by chibsyellow112: 8:06am On Aug 04, 2016
@shaggyosas,,, plz did u submit with your original documents and DOV?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 04, 2016
Do you use a travel agent to make flight n hotel reservations?

Did u buy a travel health insurance plan?

shaggyosas:

Mine was not typed but handwritten and it wasn't rejected.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fine4dave: 1:05pm On Aug 04, 2016
opaniyi12:

Two weks
It's not two weeks. Check it well.
It's 3weeks.
24th of August!!
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fine4dave: 1:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
shaggyosas:
Hello house, for those that went to the embassy today, in what days' time did they give for u to come collect your passport?
24th August.
3 weeks time..
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 04, 2016
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fine4dave: 1:12pm On Aug 04, 2016
shaggyosas:
Hello house, for those that went to the embassy today, in what days' time did they give for u to come collect your passport?

When were you asked to come?
What date were you given?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fine4dave: 1:13pm On Aug 04, 2016
ANYBODY HERE GOING TO A SCHOOL IN TURIN??
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2016
OILJ:

Hi Newaca, am signifying according to this post. can you assist with further info
How far? Have you applied for your visa ?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
chibsyellow112:
He went through my documents himself cos I had everything in a folder, both needed and not needed but he didn't ask for DOV. The originals are only needed when legalising.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 1:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
fine4dave:

When were you asked to come? What date were you given?
3 weeks time
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
sourcecode001:
Do you use a travel agent to make flight n hotel reservations?

Did u buy a travel health insurance plan?

As I am told, student visa doesn't require health insurance because the school will help you process that. For the flight and hotel, you can book that yourself online.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 1:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
shaggyosas:

Sure. Firstly, your booking slip is collected and confirmed. You are told to go to one of the offices to register your name. Then, you are directed to Andre (the italian staff in charge of student visas). Andre asks for your invitation letter which in this case is the letter sent to you by the university you applied to, stating you have been admitted. Andre looks through his admission list to confirm this. If valid, he hands you a GTBank deposit slip from the Consulate (its a customised slip which you can't get in GTBank). The sum on the slip is N11,600. You go to any GTBank closes to you, which is at Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island. Walk to Bonny camp, there you will get a keke (for N50) going to GTBank, Adeola Odeku branch. Pay the sum and return to the embassy with the two deposit slips given to you (the pink and the blue slips). You are not to drop anyone in the bank. Take these slips to the italian embassy. Andre collects them and hands you the "pink" slip. He asks for all your documents and passport. I made two photocopies of all my documents. After going through them, he puts them in a file and writes on your booking slip, the file number and date you are to come and collect your visa. Finire! If you have anyother questions, please feel free to ask. Best of luck!

Are you the smart guy on Afro hair wearing moccasin shoe? I guess I saw you. A similar name was called. I was the guy who wore white stripe shirts, wearing a pair of blue jeans pant and Trekkers grin, carrying black messenger bag. smiley

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2016
fine4dave:
ANYBODY HERE GOING TO A SCHOOL IN TURIN??
Yes, what school is yours?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
But the flight and hotel reservation will be cancelled 24 hours after booking if one doesn't pay in full or make part payment.

Kindly tell me the site you used.

Thank you.

shaggyosas:

As I am told, student visa doesn't require health insurance because the school will help you process that. For the flight and hotel, you can book that yourself online.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
newacca:

Are you the smart guy on Afro hair wearing moccasin shoe? I guess I saw you. A similar name was called. I was the guy who wore white stripe shirts, wearing a pair of blue jeans pant and Trekkers grin, carrying black messenger bag. smiley
No, I wasn't on Afro. Smart? Yes. I had a low cut.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 1:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
sourcecode001:
But the flight and hotel reservation will be cancelled 24 hours after booking if one doesn't pay in full or make part payment.

Kindly tell me the site you used.

Thank you.

Go to the official site of your preferred airline. While for the hotel booking, it was booking.com
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2016
shaggyosas:

Oh! Sorry. I wanted to quote Opaniyi12
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2016
I have booked on bookings.com, expedia.com and the Airline's website (Ethiopian Airlines n Turkish Airlines) like you advised, they all give ultimatum of 3 or 7 days to pay else the flight/booking will be cancelled.

Fear is, if accommodation and flight gets cancelled,and they want to confirm if you truly reserved? then what happens?

shaggyosas:

Go to the official site of your preferred airline. While for the hotel booking, it was booking.com
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
sourcecode001:
I have booked on bookings.com, expedia.com and the Airline's website (Ethiopian Airlines n Turkish Airlines) like you advised, they all give ultimatum of 3 or 7 days to pay else the flight/booking will be cancelled.

Fear is, if accommodation and flight gets cancelled,and they want to confirm if you truly reserved? then what happens?

I did pay for booking. But not the whole price.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thank you for the clarifications.

Helped alot!

shaggyosas:

I did pay for booking. But not the whole price.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by shaggyosas(m): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2016
sourcecode001:
Thank you for the clarifications.
Helped alot!
You are welcome
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 04, 2016
chibsyellow112:
bro i lost my phone oo.. thats y ive not been on whatsapp.. hows everything going?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by lubarika: 11:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
@shaggyosas which documents did Andre collect from you?

1 Like

Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Faithdamsel(f): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2016
shaggyosas:
please send me your contact details
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by fine4dave: 8:55am On Aug 05, 2016
shaggyosas:

Yes, what school is yours?
Politecnico Di Torino.
Yours?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by newacca: 9:50am On Aug 05, 2016
fine4dave:

Politecnico Di Torino.
Yours?
Have you applied for the visa?
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by frankidoyo(f): 10:23am On Aug 05, 2016
Visa Issue

Please I need answer to this question,
I am a Nigerian and I am a homemaker living in Nigeria, now our family friend in us is inviting me to visit them in USA. I want to know if it is possible for my brother in law here in Nigeria to sponsor my traveling to us.
Re: Italian Student Visa-help! by Macca8: 11:55am On Aug 05, 2016
frankidoyo:
Visa Issue

Please I need answer to this question,
I am a Nigerian and I am a homemaker living in Nigeria, now our family friend in us is inviting me to visit them in USA. I want to know if it is possible for my brother in law here in Nigeria to sponsor my traveling to us.

@Frankidoyo
Of course. I think ANYONE can sponsor ur trip provided he/she is up to 18 years old. It doesn't matter who.
What matters is the money. The person should be financially capable of sponsoring the trip. And has to show a documentation - a proof - of that by Bank Statement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (235) (Reply)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.