Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? (12094 Views)

The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's / The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by aletheia(m): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

You mean the Calvin bible , right ? grin

And which Bible is that?
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
aletheia:

And which Bible is that?

the one that says 'once saved always saved' , and that supports the absurd theory of angels ( spirits ) mating with women ( mortal souls ).!!
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 2:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

Indeed , but when we ask God for wisdom and are led by the Spirit , he will lead us into all truth.

Reading the bible and trying to understand it with our human wisdom is like reading a physics book for the first time without a physics teacher.

However we must approach the truth with an unbiased mind and[b] also no preconceived ideas of our own or that of man[/b].

Finally and I repeat , no angel went into any woman, this is not biologically possible , besides God will never allow such an abomination. To suggest that he does, is to almost present God as losing control of his creation, let us be careful.

There have been some suggestions that genetical engineering was involved, I am not sure how people can be driven to this point of desperation.

The Sons of GOD were Men of GOD - Period.

This is also not an issue of salvation !!

Evidently you are the one sticking on to preconceived notions and finding it difficult to accept what is clearly stated in the bible. That aside to assert that it is not biologically possible for angels to mate with women you must have done a DNA analysis on angels and determined that it is not compatible with that of humans contrary to biblical evidence that we were created in the image and likeness of the elohim. Thirdly what do you mean that God would not allow such an abomination? When did God stop allowing sin? God as always allowed all sorts of sin to happen, it's only that when one sins there is a repercussion. Even angels in heaven sinned and that's biblical. It's also as a result of the sin of these fallen angels of mating with women that they are bound up in chains awaiting eternal damnation so i really don't get your point or know the basis of your assumption that God would not allow a particular type of sin.

2 Likes

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Evidently you are the one sticking on to preconceived notions and finding it difficult to accept what is clearly stated in the bible. That aside to assert that it is not biologically possible for angels to mate with women you must have done a DNA analysis on angels and determined that it is not compatible with that of humans contrary to biblical evidence that we were created in the image and likeness of the elohim. Thirdly what do you mean that God would not allow such an abomination? When did God stop allowing sin? God as always allowed all sorts of sin to happen, it's only that when one sins there is a repercussion. Even angels in heaven sinned and that's biblical. It's also as a result of the sin of these fallen angels of mating with women that they are bound up in chains awaiting eternal damnation so i really don't get your point or know the basis of your assumption that God would not allow a particular type of sin.

You seem to be so caught up with angels mating with humans, this is a rather unhealthy trend !!
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

You seem to be so caught up with angels mating with humans, this is a rather unhealthy trend !!

You mean i seem to be so cut up in believing what the bible says, i don't see what is unhealthy about that believing the scriptures.

1 Like

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

You mean i seem to be so cut up in believing what the bible says, i don't see what is unhealthy about that believing the scriptures.

You say , the bible does not say.

Angels are spirits, men and flesh.

Spirit and flesh cannot mate, it is not rocket science, and it is not in the bible, you are misreading Genesis chapter 6.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

Spirit and flesh cannot mate, it is not rocket science, and it is not in the bible, you are misreading Genesis chapter 6.

Where the two angels God sent to sodom and gommorrah in spirit form that the men of sodom wanted to sleeep with them. Also The angel Jacob wrestled, was it in spirit form? It is clear from scriptures that angel have a physical manifestation whether you choose to believe it or not. The same way the tithe teachers you detest so much twist the bible to justify tithes is the same way you are trying to ignore biblical facts to defend your pre conceived notions. Until you supply us with biblical proof that angels can't appear in physical form, you have no substance to justify your assumptions.

1 Like

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 3:44pm On Jun 27, 2012
Okay, Okay.....angels are spirit(s) right!

Will brother Frosbel be willing to teach us how the Spirit, though holy in this case conceived Virgin Mary?

I think this might as well buttress some points due to the fact that we are talking about "spirit and flesh" here.

Brother Frosbel, over to you.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
Goshen360: Okay, Okay.....angels are spirit(s) right!

Will brother Frosbel be willing to teach us how the Spirit, though holy in this case conceived Virgin Mary?

I think this might as well buttress some points due to the fact that we are talking about "spirit and flesh" here.

Brother Frosbel, over to you.

What God did through the Holy Spirit was a direct creation of the human body for our Lord Jesus Christ. Humans can have demonic spirit husbands or spirit wives and even have demonic spirit children but these children are not visible in the physical realm.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Where the two angels God sent to sodom and gommorrah in spirit form that the men of sodom wanted to sleeep with them. Also The angel Jacob wrestled, was it in spirit form? It is clear from scriptures that angel have a physical manifestation whether you choose to believe it or not. The same way the tithe teachers you detest so much twist the bible to justify tithes is the same way you are trying to ignore biblical facts to defend your pre conceived notions. Until you supply us with biblical proof that angels can't appear in physical form, you have no substance to justify your assumptions.

You are totally out of order !!

1. The angels were angels of GOD.
2. They appeared as men
3. After their assignment they went back to heaven
4. They were in substance spirits
5. They did not mate with women , otherwise we would have been told so

Stop twisting scripture.

Angels and humans cannot , do not , will not mate.

Relax God is on control , so you are not likely to see any monsters soon. grin
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

What God did through the Holy Spirit was a direct creation of the human body for our Lord Jesus Christ. Humans can have demonic spirit husbands or spirit wives and even have demonic spirit children but these children are not visible in the physical realm.

Wow !!!!

What Nigerian Christians believe
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 4:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

We are gonna have some hard time here now.....our consideration to this question is the fact that both evil and holy are SPIRIT(S). How come one was able to conceive human (Mary) and the others can't conceive human and they are both spirit.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 4:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

2. They appeared as men

Stop twisting scripture.

So the Angels that did so were created by devil and NOT created by God? Though they rebelled but still created by God.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2012
Goshen360:

So the Angels that did so were created by devil and NOT created by God? Though they rebelled but still created by God.

Angels were created by GOD - Fact 1

God only send his loyal Angels on assignment - Fact 2

But I will have to wonder, why you hold on to this notion of humans and angels, despite the scientific and biblical evidence to the contrary.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Fr0sbel: 4:37pm On Jun 27, 2012
Read this https://www.nairaland.com/976045/sons-nephilim-hoax#11249145 is this topic means a lot to you
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

Angels were created by GOD - Fact 1

God only send his loyal Angels on assignment - Fact 2

But I will have to wonder, why you hold on to this notion of humans and angels, despite the scientific and biblical evidence to the contrary.

What scientific prove are you talking about when that world was completely destroyed and such angels held bound for judgment? Where is the evidence for scientific prove? Do we even know the "kinds" of angels that did it or not? So if angels that you agreed are spirits and we are told they "rebelled and left where they were supposed to be and sinned" why don't you question yourself when you study what their sin was? And you don't believe they can do anything possible at their sin, rebellious? Am not holding on to this but just proving all things, you can see I first supported you when this thread began but my further study "kind of" proved otherwise. If they bible says it happened then in the world that then was, what is my business not to believe it as you said, it is not a salvation issue. As a matter of fact, there are three interpretations to this myth. Maybe God will enlighten us when we get to heaven or the word is sufficient enough for us to search it out. grin
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Fr0sbel: 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2012
Goshen360:

What scientific prove are you talking about when that world was completely destroyed and such angels held bound for judgment? Where is the evidence for scientific prove? Do we even know the "kinds" of angels that did it or not? So if angels that you agreed are spirits and we are told they "rebelled and left where they were supposed to be and sinned" why don't you question yourself when you study what their sin was? And you don't believe they can do anything possible at their sin, rebellious? Am not holding on to this but just proving all things, you can see I first supported you when this thread began but my further study "kind of" proved otherwise. If they bible says it happened then in the world that then was, what is my business not to believe it as you said, it is not a salvation issue. As a matter of fact, there are three interpretations to this myth. Maybe God will enlighten us when we get to heaven or the word is sufficient enough for us to search it out. grin

Read my article, it totally destroys this silly theory of angels mating with humans.

No wonder Atheists laugh at us.

SMH
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

Wow !!!!

What Nigerian Christians believe

Yes, and the violent takes it by force.

Watch this Nija movie for an idea. It's called Captives of the mighty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuzS45hcN0Y
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fr0sbel:

Read my article, it totally destroys this silly theory of angels mating with humans.

No wonder Atheists laugh at us.

SMH

Okay....I hear you. I understand what you are saying "in/by" the Spirit of God. But you should have sent me an email naw grin
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

2. They appeared as men

Stop twisting scripture.

So what are you still arguing about if you have admitted they appeared as men? And they were physical in nature enough for the Sodomites to want to 'mate' with them. Also what of the angel Jacob had physical wrestling with? Was he just an apparition as well Bros abeg na you dey twist scripture, the bible provides evidence angels can manifest as human beings, it also provides evidence that humans were made in the likeness and image of the elohim(angels inclusive) meaning similar structure and dna tongue we have also read about men also attempting to mate with these angels in another part of genesis. so what exactly is your point? why are you so vehimently in denial even though it is glaring the bible does not support your assumptions?
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Fr0sbel: 5:22pm On Jun 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

So what are you still arguing about if you have admitted they appeared as men? And they were physical in nature enough for the Sodomites to want to 'mate' with them. Also what of the angel Jacob had physical wrestling with? Was he just an apparition as well Bros abeg na you dey twist scripture, the bible provides evidence angels can manifest as human beings, it also provides evidence that humans were made in the likeness and image of the elohim(angels inclusive) meaning similar structure and dna tongue we have also read about men also attempting to mate with these angels in another part of genesis. so what exactly is your point? why are you so vehimently in denial even though it is glaring the bible does not support your assumptions?

When you are not reading stories on monsters and giants grin , read the article I posted called ' Sons of Nephilim a Hoax ' , it totally destroys this theory of yours !!
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
Is the Bible really the Word of God Almighty (Architect, Allah, Creator, Designer, Fashion Aficionado and eminent Arsenal Fan).ooh gosh it is! then it must be true and because it is the Bible, it is true etcetera
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 5:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
Fr0sbel:

When you are not reading stories on monsters and giants grin , read the article I posted called ' Sons of Nephilim a Hoax ' , it totally destroys this theory of yours !!

Brother Frosbel,

Kindly email me, there is something urgent I need to seek advice from you about (Not related to this topic though, it's personal). Okay. goshen360@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2012
Goshen360:

Brother Frosbel,

Kindly email me, there is something urgent I need to seek advice from you about (Not related to this topic though, it's personal). Okay. goshen360@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks.

email sent !
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2012
frosbel:

email sent !

Thanks. Mine sent also. God bless you.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by ATMC(f): 9:48pm On Jun 27, 2012
just a thought, it will be fun having sex with those them angels...they sure will know how to give a toe curling, knee weakening, thigh softening kiss aside their hot looks dt will make one want to devour them. Dt reminds me! Sex with animal is bestiality, with family is incest nd with spouse is lovemaking...then with an angel will be ...whosoever gets d right answer gets a special gift from me. Lest i forget, i'll really like my special gift to go to goshen, frosbel or(p. Kun, don't think d special gift will interest u) any other. Smile;-)
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Skills10: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2012
This is a serious argumentm. No offense but why should we use the book of Enoch to explain some certain things. Enoch prophesied about these things(Jude: 14-15). How come his book wasn't included in the bible. Can you give us the origin of the book? In Gen 4 : 19-24, Adah gave birth to Jabal; he was the father of. Those who live in tents and raise livestock. His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of ALL who play the harp and flute. Zillah also had a son, Tubal-Cain, who forged all kinds of tools out of bronze and iron. From initial comments (Correct me if I'm wrong) these special skills according to the book of Enoch were attributed to angels who came down to earth to teach men civilization. But the Bible clearly attributed the origin to the lineage of Cain. Also, take a look @ this: who was the wife of Cain? Since Cain murdered Abel. Well, Adam had Seth @ the age of 130(Gen 5 : 3). So from 130 yrs to 930 yrs, Adam had other sons and daughters. So Cain married either his sister or Cousin. My concern about this school of thought( that angels mate with human to give birth to Nephilim) is that this is the origin of so many conspiracy theories of reptilian lineage, shape shifting, alien amongst us and what have you. Deut 29:29 says the secret things belong to the LORD our GOD, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law. Does it occur to you all that nobody knew the actual date that Christ was born? Researchers keep guessing but the bible did not reveal it. Then why do we celebrate Christmas which was used to replace the worship of Sun god? If God wanted us to know when Christ was born, it would have been stated in the bible. He was not born on Dec 25th, yet we all with our ignorant men of God. Sinfully celebrate Christmas and pass same error to our children that Christ was born on Dec 25th. So let us abide by the bible and stop using other books to interpret it just to make our own line of reasoning the right one.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by flibbertigibbet: 6:36am On Jul 09, 2012
Fr0sbel: I recently came across a quote from a bestselling children’s author who based her bestseller on her understanding of a passage in Genesis. Author Lauren Kate wrote the book Fallen about an angel who is romantically attracted to and pursues a relationship with a human teenager. In the January 11, 2010 issue of Publisher’s Weekly (PW) on p. 13, Kate claims, “The idea for the book came from a line I read in Genesis about a group of angels who were effectively kicked out of heaven because they lusted after mortal women. I became curious about what the experience might be of a teenage mortal who suddenly became the object of an angel’s affection.”

The passage Lauren Kate refers to is Genesis 6:1-6, but from her quote to PW it is obvious she did not read the passage for herself and probably just heard about it from someone. The scripture never talks about anyone being kicked out of heaven for their lust. Here’s what the passage says:

1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. [Genesis 6]

It has often been claimed that the “sons of God” in this passage refers to fallen angels and that the giants (often called Nephilim) who walked the Earth in ancient times were the offspring of the angels and the women. Those who hold to the belief that angels mated with humans use the argument that the phrase “sons of God” only refers to angels in the Old Testament (OT), using the book of Job as their proof–

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. [Job 1:6]

Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. [Job 2:1]

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. …Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? [Job 38:4, 6-7]

They are correct that the phrase “sons of God” is talking about angels in Job, but a closer examination of the scriptures shows that Genesis 6 is NOT talking about angels. It is referring to humans and this truth can be deducted from the principles and context of what the Bible teaches. I will highlight a few points from the Bible as proof.

Point 1: Sons of God are humans who follow God. This is shown in both the OT and the New Testament (NT). In the OT, God gives the message to Pharaoh through Moses that Israel is his son–

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn: And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn. [Exodus 4:22-23]

We also know from the OT that God said Solomon was his son–

I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: [2 Samuel 7:14]

When we look at the NT, we are plainly told that believers are the sons of God–

But as many as received him [Jesus Christ], to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: [John 1:12]

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. [Romans 8:14]

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God… [1 John 3:1]

Now if we go back to Genesis 4, it establishes the context for chapters 5 and 6. At the end of Genesis 4, we are shown that two families of men are emerging in the Earth–Cain’s descendants and Seth’s descendants. It was Seth’s descendants who “call upon the name of the LORD,” [Genesis 4:26]. In other words, Seth’s descendants were those who worshiped God and their lineage is highlighted in Genesis 5. Since they worshiped God, they were considered sons of God and were the sons of God in Genesis 6. It was Cain’s descendants and other unbelievers who were the “daughters of men.”

Point 2: Fallen angels are never called sons of God. Satan, who is the fallen angel Lucifer (see Isaiah 14:12-15, Ezekiel 28:12-17), first appears in the garden of Eden in Genesis 3. We must also take into account that Satan, according to Revelation 12:4, convinced 1/3 of the angels in heaven to follow him in his rebellion against God as he started a war in heaven. Revelation 12 also tells us that Satan lost the war and was kicked out of heaven with his angels. It was at this point that

…God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment, [2 Peter 2:4] AND

…the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. [Jude 6]

Since these angels “kept not their first estate,” they lost all the privileges and benefits they had in heaven, including the right to be called the “sons of God.” Because Satan is present in Genesis 3, we know he has already been kicked out of heaven with his angels. So by the time Genesis 6 comes around, neither Satan nor his angels would have been referred to as the “sons of God.”

Point 3: God did not create angels with the ability to procreate with each other or with humans. God, who knew from the beginning that he would be betrayed, established at the creation of the angels that angels in heaven would neither marry nor be given in marriage (see Mark 12:25). He created them without this capability so that even when the fallen angels rebelled, nothing they could do would ever change this fact. This is why the fallen angels who were not yet placed in the chains of darkness in hell, and who roam the Earth freely, can only go so far as to possess unbelievers. If the immortal fallen angels could procreate, they would not waste their time possessing people since procreation would be a more direct route of affecting and infecting humanity for their evil purposes. Even when they possess unbelievers, their possession cannot affect the reproductive cells of the man or woman they possess so that they can spawn children. This is also why unbelievers in the Bible who are called “children of the devil” are only considered his children in the spiritual sense and not in the physical sense.

Point 4: God only complained about mankind in Genesis 6. The Lord makes several statements in Genesis 6 that prove he is upset with humans, not angelic beings. Here is what he says–

3And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. …

5And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. [Genesis 6]

God was clearly angry by what he saw. If fallen angels were actively participating in these events, why would he just focus on punishing men and not the angels who were involved? Throughout scripture we see how God places boundaries on what fallen angels can do and how he rebukes devils when they go too far (e.g. the serpent’s judgment at Eden, the story of Job, Michael’s dispute with Satan over Moses’ body, Jesus casting out devils, Gabriel and Michael’s fight with the Prince of Persia to get to Daniel), so if they were involved here, why is it that there is no mention of him saying he would punish them? He didn’t mention them because it was only humans involved in this situation.

Conclusion: Based on these four points, I’ve concluded that the big deal made over sons of God marrying and having children by the daughters of men speaks to the ongoing theme throughout scripture that God dislikes spiritually mixed marriages. In other words, God gets upset when his followers marry unbelievers. He did not like it in Genesis 6, or when he established the nation of Israel as his chosen people, or when he called believers in Jesus Christ to be separated from the world. The Lord has never liked such relationships because it is always the spiritual state of the believer that gets the short end of the stick. It is always the worshiper of God who ends up severely compromising their relationship with Yahweh when they get hitched to unbelievers.

Angels have never mated with humans and have never produced offspring by humans. This is one thing God has never allowed and will never allow.

–posted by Harry A. Gaylord–

Excellent points, but I'm not convinced that the "sons of God" were descendants from Abel's line, and the "daughters of men" were descendants from Cain's line. God proved to be extremely unhappy with everyone on the earth--not just daughters of men, but the sons of God as well, even going so far as including the animals. Noah and his line were the only ones spared. It seems to me that he would not be calling them sons of God if he was angered enough to kill the lot of them. And why not just plainly say they were the descendants from those lines? Chapter 6:4 seems to confuse the issue further... Anyway, you make good arguments, but I would have to disagree.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
frosbel:

Which was why God said his spirit will NOT always strive with man (Gen. 6:3), making our days shorter!
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Thok(m): 9:21am On Oct 09, 2012
I'm open minded.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorOluT(m): 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
nyameke: No the Nephilliums are not fallen angels but the offspring of fallen angels and females humans. They are superhumans and provide most of the mythological tales of the gods having offspring from human. Your Hercules and etc. Half fallen angels or devils and half human gives you a corrupted mixture of superhuman beings . Not how God intended it.

Angels cannot reproduce among themselves but they can reproduce with female humans. They weren’t supposed to but they did so to mix the blood of humans with the seed of angels.
The question is why would they do that ?

The reason is that Lucifer the head of the fallen angels aim was to corrupt the human metaphysical configuration so as to prevent the messiah from being able to be born of a pure human gene. Now again why would lucifer want to do that?

Well the promise of a coming savior was given to Adam and Eve when God spoke to them and said that He will put enmity between Satan and the woman, and between his seed and her seed. Satan’s seed shall crush the woman’s seed but her seed shall crush his head The seed of the woman is a designation for the true humanity of the Messiah.

Lucifers first attempt to prevent the coming of the messiah was to possess the woman's heir Cain and then killing the next in line Abel, but the Devil realised the fulfillment of the coming messiah will not ne in Eve's immediate seed but sometime in the future..

His next plan then was to corrupt the genes of the seed of the woman through the angelic infiltration since the messiah was to be born from pure humanity genes.. But God is not to be mocked and you know what God did.
When the pollution of the human race be are much God destroyed them with The flood and another uncorrupted human race was started which did eventually usher in the Messiah..

On point bro, I never knew a thread like existed before my write up. I wonder why some find it difficult for spirits to have intimate relation with man while we have example in the bible, the Holy Spirit came upon Mary n she had Jesus, who can explain how it became possible, yet u seek an explanation how possible this is?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? / Osun River Worshippers With Austrian Woman As Priestess (pictures) / 6 Awesome Bible Applications for Android Phones and Tablet Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.