Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? (12098 Views)

The Fallen Angels From The Andromeda Galaxy ( Nephilim ) / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's / The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 3:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
buzugee: DENIAL IS A RIVER IN EGYPT grin

Abeg go use bible concordance or bible dictionary joor, u don start again, lolz grin
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by firebrand: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
[Goshen360]

What does "HABITATION" mean to you in that context? Is it their dwelling place or their angelic form?

It a place where God confined them, both dwelling and angelic body. God did gave them power to manifest in various forms but not to dwell like man on earth.

1 Like

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by MrAnony1(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Goshen, please check your box. I just you an email. Thanks
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

The highlight up there is a good observation.

However, my 2 cent is that human beings were so demonically possessed and influenced by the fallen angels to experiment on genetic engineering so as to pollute the nature of man, just as these anti-christ inspired folks are now promoting back door Eugenics (through organisations such as planned parenthood), designer babies, the attempt at producing cloned humans and even the breeding of humans and animals are all inspired and influenced by demons from the pit of hell. shocked

You of all people , lol. grin grin grin grin

So we humans can now interbreed with spirits , right
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2012
frosbel:

Frosbel, abeg make we cool dowm small please. There is something our other brothers are pointing to us and we need to consider that. They showed us many instances where angels manifested in "physical" form. Let's consider this and see if we learn from this to interpret Gen.6:2, Okay. Just follow the thread carefully. I think, "firebrand" is kind of making some Holy Ghost sense a bit.

Abeg cool dowm small, ehh my brother abeg cool down small you hear. grin

1 Like

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by firebrand: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Abeg which one be Holy Ghost sense!
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360:

Frosbel, abeg make we cool dowm small please. There is something our other brothers are pointing to us and we need to consider that. They showed us many instances where angels manifested in "physical" form. Let's consider this and see if we learn from this to interpret Gen.6:2, Okay. Just follow the thread carefully. I think, "firebrand" is kind of making some Holy Ghost sense a bit.

Abeg cool dowm small, ehh my brother abeg cool down small you hear. grin

Angels appearing in physical form was in reference to the angels of GOD - Fact !!!

Man has a nature and that nature is human - point 1
Angels have a nature and that nature is spirit - point 2
Sons of God was never used to address fallen angels but the angels of GOD - point 3
Everyelse in the bible , the phrase sons of God depicts the saints - point 4

For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.

Hosea 1:10 "Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, 'You are not my people,' they will be called 'sons of the living God.'

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.

John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Romans 8:16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Romans 8:19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.

In summary, it is not biologically possible for animals to interbreed with humans - Fact . And we are talking about flesh and flesh. To suggest that beings of different natures can intermarry and produce offspring is downright heresy.

The sons of God where actual children of God who had backsliden into corruption and intermarried with children of the wicked one, that is the offspring of Cain.

In the US and many other countries we have 6 - 7 footers, why don't we call them Nephilim

Thanks Brother grin grin

Examples of Nephilim, grin grin grin grin grin

[img]http://3.bp..com/_NTM1VbEEDBI/S_08w8sEB4I/AAAAAAAAAEE/rcaclgxzQmU/s1600/1.jpg[/img]
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360:

You are right my brother. I heard a similar news and these prompted my dig into the word of God. Jesus said, "as it was in the days of noah" meaning something like these demonic stuffs corrupting the nature of the believers and many stuffs like that - the sons of God mixing with the daughters of men. This is the main puzzle we want to solve here. WHO ARE THESE SONS OF GOD IN THAT CONTEXT OF GEN.6:4. Some say they are angels, some say they are children of God. we are still proving,lolz

Corrupting the nature of man doesn't have to be that the fallen angels copulated with the daughters of men but that they gave them ideas on how to polute the human genome.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
frosbel:

Not exactly, but that humans can be influenced by these demonic spirits to play God.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 4:59pm On Jun 21, 2012
I dey enjoy ALL of una o my dearest bible teachers.

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they [were] fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. Gen. 6:2 Kjv

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare [children] to them, the same [became] mighty men which [were] of old, men of renown. Gen 6:4 Kjv

the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. (vs.2 Niv)

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. (vs 4. Niv)

Nephilim the hebrew word means "fallen ones". They were viewed by the people of old as "heroes of old, men of renown" but in the eyes of God, they were sinners (fallen ones). This verse doesn't say it was the "giants" as translated by KJV or the Nephilims as translated by NIV and some other translations THAT TOOK THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN AS WIVES BUT IT WAS THE SONS OF GOD. So it will mean that as these "sons of God" married the "daughters of men", the outcome were these nelphilims who are heroes of old, men of renown.

I don't know if am right about this? If am right, then these "sons of God" here will NOT mean angels, it will mean people that knows God that took wives from "daughters of men" because Nephilim and sons of God are "separate" entity in these context.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 5:09pm On Jun 21, 2012
frosbel:

In summary, it is not biologically possible for animals to interbreed with humans - Fact . And we are talking about flesh and flesh. To suggest that beings of different natures can intermarry and produce offspring is downright heresy.

On the contrary the bible makes it clear that men and and the physical manifestation of the elohim are of the same substance[specie] so technically speaking it is possible they interbreed.

Genesis 1:26

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
frosbel:

The sons of God where actual children of God who had backsliden into corruption and intermarried with children of the wicked one, that is the offspring of Cain.

I am sorry the above assumption has no biblical or even historical basis.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by ijawkid(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
so what is d point here...

Who really are d sons of God that came down to have relations with d daughters of men.....

I mean why wuld d bible say the ""daughters of men" if it was not to emphasize d fact that those men/sons were supernatural beings??

And who were those angels during noahs time that were thrown into tartarus??

Let's think!!
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
So far, we have gathered the following,

One
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For [size=15pt]in the resurrection[/size] they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. Matt. 22:29-30

I want us to consider that the context of angels "not marrying" here as referred to by Jesus is "in heaven and in the resurrection". What about in earth and outside resurrection? do we have any text pointing to angels marry in the scriptures?

Two
frosbel:

Angels appearing in physical form was in reference to the angels of GOD - Fact !!!

Man has a nature and that nature is human - point 1
Angels have a nature and that nature is spirit - point 2
Sons of God was never used to address fallen angels but the angels of GOD - point 3
Everyelse in the bible , the phrase sons of God depicts the saints - point 4

Three
If "sons of God" means angels in Gen.6:4 and their mating produced "giants" but "giants" as translated by Kjv means "Nephilim" as translated by Niv and some other translation and it means "fallen ones"...probably fallen from Grace which is being translated as "Apostasy"
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2012
ijawkid: so what is d point here...

Who really are d sons of God that came down to have relations with d daughters of men.....

I mean why wuld d bible say the ""daughters of men" if it was not to emphasize d fact that those men/sons were supernatural beings??

And who were those angels during noahs time that were thrown into tartarus??

Let's think!!

This puzzle no be small thing o. shocked ~scratching my head bro~
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360:

This puzzle no be small thing o. shocked ~scratching my head bro~

No puzzle at all, i think you are just finding it difficult to accept what the bible says on this subject.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by nyameke: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
Ok so let me spice it a little I see Some of you are associating the Term or name Nephilim to mean " giants" based on their descriptions in Numbers 13:33.
But is that what Nephilim really means? Nephilim comes from the Hebrew word Nephal or napal which basically means to fall or the fallen ones..

Let this simmer and then we would move on..I have realized due to lack of understanding of the scriptures it is better to go step by step with people than writing an epistle Cus then people lose the meaning of what you are trying to convey..
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
nyameke: Ok so let me spice it a little I see Some of you are associating the Term or name Nephilim to mean " giants" based on their descriptions in Numbers 13:33.
But is that what Nephilim really means? Nephilim comes from the Hebrew word Nephal or napal which basically means to[b] fall or the fallen ones.[/b].

Let this simmer and then we would move on..I have realized due to lack of understanding of the scriptures it is better to go step by step with people than writing an epistle Cus then people lose the meaning of what you are trying to convey..

Any man who sins has [b]fallen [/b]from grace or from the favour of GOD.

The sons of God in the bible sinned against God and were therefore rightly called fallen.

Again humans cannot intermarry with angels, it's total madness !!

Do angels have sexual organs ? If we have male angels who mated with women , what about female angels that mated with men. Do these female angels have sexual organs.

Were angels created to reproduce ? Did not God say be fruitfull and multiply to the angels, was it not to man , apart from the other animals.

Are we now saying that Angels can thwart the purposes of GOD and reproduce with humans. If they did what did they use

So an angel's sperm united with a female ovary and produced a Zygote which then developed into a fetus and then a baby and then a boy/girl and then a Giant , muhaaaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I go die ooooooooooooo

So what did the angels call their children , tell me please . Angelica or Angelia or maybe Angelison. grin grin grin grin
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by nyameke: 5:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
“You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures, or the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven” (Matthew 22:29-30).
I see Frosbel and others quoting this bible passage..

People are told that here our Lord jesus said that angels are sexless, but is this really true? Jesus compared men in heaven to angels in heaven. Neither men nor angels are said to be sexless in heaven but we are told that in heaven there will be no marriage.. I don't see where no marriage should mean sexless..

And also your rants about been impossible for spirit beings to mate with humans, I have one question for you.. Can you in your wisdom tell me how the conception of Jesus came about? I'm waiting. You need to open your mind and reason man and stop spewing all the nonsense you have been fed by your pastors .

1 Like

Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by PastorKun(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
[quote author=nyameke
And also your wants about been impossible for spirit beings to mate with humans, I have one question for you.. Can you in your wisdom tell me how the conception of Jesus came about? I'm waiting
[/quote]

grin grin grin
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
A friend and I were talking the other night about the Bible in Genesis where it talks about the giants in the earth. Well the question came up if the earth was flooded and killed all the people except Noah and his family where did the men like Goliath and Gad and the giants that were seen by the Israelites in the promised land come from?

Genesis 2:7 says, "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Genesis 2:21, 22 says, "And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man." All of the possible variation in mankind (eye colors, hair colors, nose sizes and shapes, ear sizes and shapes, jaw sizes and shapes, skin complections and colors, and size and heights, etc.) were all found in the first man and woman, Adam and Eve. All of what we now see came from just one man and one woman. God programmed all of this variety into just one man and one woman.

When God brought the flood upon the earth, there were just 8 people who survived: Naoh, his wife, and their three sons and three daughter's-in-law. Genesis 7:13 says, "In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark." God, who could bring all of this present variety out of just 1 man and 1 woman to start it all, could certainly continue that variety now through 4 men and 4 women after the flood.

When those with certain dominant characteristics marry, those traits are sometimes magnified more and more. Have you ever seen a tall man married to a tall woman? What is usually the case? Tall children. What if those tall children then marry other tall mates? The height could gradually increase more and more over the generations. Height seems to be on the increase today, even when the parents are not overly tall. Neither of my parents are 6 foot tall, but they have a son who is about 6' 3' tall. How tall will his children be when they are at full maturity?

Some people wrongly assume that giants in the Bible could only be produced by some supernatural event, not by natural conception, but that is not true. Below is a previous question and answer in that regard.

Genesis 6:1-8 says, "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD."

The emphasis in the above passage seems to be upon man and his wickedness — not upon the wickedness of angels. "When MEN began to multiply on the face of the earth, and DAUGHTERS WERE BORN UNTO THEM..." The phrase which people wonder about being angels is the phrase "the sons of God." But when you consider the whole Book of Genesis, the words "angel" and "angels" appear many times. The word "angel" appears in the Book of Genesis 11 times, and the word "angels" appears 4 times.

There is a saying about Bible interpretation which goes something like this, "If the literal sense makes common sense, then seek no other sense." In other words, do not try and read more into a passage than is there. Case in point, I do not know of anyone who has ever read Genesis 6, and interpreted it as angels committing immorality with women, and thus producing a race of giants. People only wonder about that after someone suggests the thought. But upon the first reading of that chapter, I do not think that anyone has ever come up with that idea. That alone gives you a clue that it is not a natural interpretation of that passage.

Yes, the Bible does refer to certain angels committing especially offensive sins during the days when the ark was being built. I Peter 3:18-20 says, "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Jude 6, 7 says, "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

Angels did something vile in those days, but the Bible does not give us details. Ephesians 5:11,12 says, "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret."

The Bible is clear that angels do not have children.

Matthew 22:23-30 says, "The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. And last of all the woman died also. Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven."

Mark 12:24,25 says, "And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven."

Luke 20:34-36 says, "And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection."

[size=14pt]I think that the Bible is very clear that the giants of Genesis 6 are the result of marriage, and are not "half men-half angels."[/size]

[b]Genesis 6:1-8 say[/b]s, "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. THERE WERE GIANTS IN THE EARTH IN THOSE DAYS; AND ALSO AFTER THAT, WHEN THE SONS OF GOD CAME IN UNTO THE DAUGHTERS OF MEN, AND THEY BARE CHILDREN TO THEM, THE SAME BECAME MIGHTY MEN WHICH WERE OF OLD, MEN OF RENOWN. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD."

If you will notice that passage carefully, you will notice that there were already giants in the earth, and AFTER THAT, the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare mighty men.

It is not necessary to have angels involved to produce giants. What about Goliath and his family? Were they half angel? Who has ever thought that Goliath must be part angel? Then why must angels be involved in Genesis to come up with giants in the land?

What about Robert Wadlow? He was born in Alton, Illinois, in 1918. At 8 years old, he was 6’0". At 11 years old, he was 6’7". At 14 years old, he was 7’5". At 17 years old, he was 8’1/2". At 22 years old he was over 8’11" — almost 9’ tall. He died in Manistee, Michigan. His shoes were size 37AA. Was he the result of an angel? No. He was just a big man. (Guinness Book Of World Records, 1976). grin grin

Adam was called the "son of God," and he was not an angel.

Luke 3:36-38 says, "Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech, Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan, Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of ADAM, WHICH WAS THE SON OF GOD."

http://www.libertygospeltracts.com/question/prequest/giantsfl.htm
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:

No puzzle at all, i think you are just finding it difficult to accept what the bible says on this subject.

My brother, you know me too well. I will not back at what the bible says, as long as we can prove it. It's that I don't want to accept what the bible say but the fact that how "sons of God" means angels that later produced "giants" and giants as translated by Kjv is translated Nephilim is Niv and some others, and Nephilim means "fallen ones" as you can see me and nyameke agree on the meaning of Nephilim. This is what am saying. I hope you get my point.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360:

My brother, you know me too well. I will not back at what the bible says, as long as we can prove it. It's that I don't want to accept what the bible say but the fact that how "sons of God" means angels that later produced "giants" and giants as translated by Kjv is translated Nephilim is Niv and some others, and Nephilim means "fallen ones" as you can see me and nyameke agree on the meaning of Nephilim. This is what am saying. I hope you get my point.

Fallen ones is not a difficult concept to grasp.

It simply means fallen from grace to a state of apostasy or rebellion.

The sons of God , who were human, fell from holiness into perpetual sin and wickedness.

It is happening today , where many Christians ( Sons of GOD ) have fallen into sin and are marrying unbelievers and producing wicked children.

"[u]Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man.[/u]People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all." - Luke 17:26 - 27

Does this mean that in these last days , angels will interbreed with women just like it was in the days of Noah.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 6:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
I "think" am taking side with "frosbel" on this matter because, the "sons of God" in other places might mean "angels" BUt NOT necessarily "angels" in Gen. 6:4. I "think" frosbel's teaching is going in line so far and I had to consult my study materials, none says the "sons of God" in Gen.6:4 means angels BUT ALL agrees that "sons of God" means angels in the case of Job.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by nyameke: 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2012
Dude sons of God in that passage meant angels.. and yes in the scheme of things we are all sons of God so Adam being called the sons of God is not the point here..

You have still not answered my question. Can you tell me how the conception of jesus came about..

Are also telling me based on pictures that you posted when a fallen human mates with daughters of men they would produce giant like humans because they are fallen? Wow the mind of certain people
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360: I "think" am taking side with "frosbel" on this matter because, the "sons of God" in other places might mean "angels" BUt NOT necessarily "angels" in Gen. 6:4. I "think" frosbel's teaching is going in line so far and I had to consult my study materials, none says the "sons of God" in Gen.6:4 means angels BUT ALL agrees that "sons of God" means angels in the case of Job.

But even when we look at the verse of scripture in context , here is what it says :

"There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown." - Genesis 6:4

Vs 6a says there were Giants in those days - let us assume that these were angels.

Vs 6b comes later , and uses the qualification underlined 'also after that ' , which means that these giants, using the logic proposed in this article, had nothing to do with the mating between the sons of God and daughters of Men.

Anyway this is just for arguement sake.

But the real meaning is sons of God.

The word in original hebrew is [size=14pt]ןבֵּ[/size]

According to strong s this means :

1) son, grandson, child, member of a group
a) son, male child
b) grandson
c) children (pl. - male and female)
d) youth, young men (pl.)
e) young (of animals)
f) sons (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
g) people (of a nation) (pl.)
h) of lifeless things, i.e. sparks, stars, arrows (fig.)
i) a member of a guild, order, class
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2012
nyameke: Dude sons of God in that passage meant angels.. and yes in the scheme of things we are all sons of God so Adam being called the sons of God is not the point here..

You have still not answered my question. Can you tell me how the conception of jesus came about..

Are also telling me based on pictures that you posted when a fallen human mates with daughters of men they would produce giant like humans because they are fallen? Wow the mind of certain people

My brother, "giants" in KJV and "Nephilim" in Niv means same thing. It is NOT referring to "human size" BUT "fallen ones" as in nature. Will you consider this also?

The conception of Mary is not by angels who are also spirits BUT by the member of the Godhead. They are two different things.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by nyameke: 7:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
Goshen360:

My brother, "giants" in KJV and "Nephilim" in Niv means same thing. It is NOT referring to "human size" BUT "fallen ones" as in nature. Will you consider this also?

The conception of Mary is not by angels who are also spirits BUT by the member of the Godhead. They are two different things.
bullshit the fallen ones described as giants does not mean " fallen ones" = giants lol.

The bible gave the clues as to what the sons of God meant in that same passage by giving two different words sons of God and " daughters of men" but people refuse to open their eyes .

And I'm not even going to bother about your feeble explanation to jesus conception lol
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Goshen360(m): 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
^^^
Don't worry about that, go ahead and give your explanation as clear as you can about Gen.6:1-4. Okay.
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by Patsey: 12:44am On Jun 22, 2012
[b]One thing about religion, particularly Christianity, is that every D1ck, Tom and Harry (wittingly or unwittingly and as clearly demonstrated here) claims to have not an answer, but the answer to every question. Such people also fail to reason with others' opinions and acknowledge the merit in others' line of argument. I can categorically say that if this passage were to feature in a degree examination in a university's theology department, any responses/answers which, in the final exegetical analysis, fail to acknowledge that the sons of God were fallen angels DEFINITELY get a fail grade. Period! This reminds me of how the SU brothers and sisters in our class in Form 5 those days out-rightly failed GCE Bible Knowledge in spite being able to quote almost the entire Bible. In spite their excellent preaching skills, these SU brothers and sisters failed to display acute critical thinking and critically engage with biblical texts, implying that preaching dexterity and biblical scholarship aren't necessarily bed-fellows -- with the later capable of transposing believers into Agnostics[/b]
Re: Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels? by buzugee(m): 1:16am On Jun 22, 2012
Patsey: [b]One thing about religion, particularly Christianity, is that every D1ck, Tom and Harry (wittingly or unwittingly and as clearly demonstrated here) claims to have not an answer, but the answer to every question. Such people also fail to reason with others' opinions and acknowledge the merit in others' line of argument. I can categorically say that if this passage were to feature in a degree examination in a university's theology department, any responses/answers which, in the final exegetical analysis, fail to acknowledge that the sons of God were fallen angels DEFINITELY get a fail grade. Period! This reminds me of how the SU brothers and sisters in our class in Form 5 those days out-rightly failed GCE Bible Knowledge in spite being able to quote almost the entire Bible. In spite their excellent preaching skills, these SU brothers and sisters failed to display acute critical thinking and critically engage with biblical texts, implying that preaching dexterity and biblical scholarship aren't necessarily bed-fellows -- with the later capable of transposing believers into Agnostics[/b]
For someone who uses a lot of unnecessary big words you always end up making absolutely no point. what exactly are you trying to say woman ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Experience With A Babalawo From Nairaland / Which Miracle In The Bible Caught Your Attention? / Questions For Frosbel On Tithing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.