Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo (13662 Views)

Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops / Crocodile Discovered At Niger State Presidential Lodge - Thetrent / Bomb Discovered At INEC Office In Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by ambrosini593(m): 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2012
Papable confusion and apprehension gripped inhabitants of Obollo, Isiala Mbano local council area of Imo State, following the startling discovery of a huge bomb near the Umudo village hall.

Vanguard gathered that some of the villagers, who initially blamed the incident on the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, quickly scampered into safe communities outside the area.

It was also gathered that the un-exploded bomb was found less than 24 hours to a scheduled concelebrated sung mass billed for the village by the Parish Priest of Saint Theresa Catholic Church, Obollo, Rev. Fr. Charles Ohuabunwa.

Confirming the near ugly development to newsmen, the Village Head, Chief Patrick Osuji and another villager, Mr. Uzoma Okorigwe said the bomb was discovered at about 3pm when an old man was trying to clean up the hall and its surroundings ahead of the Eucharistic celebration.

The duo equally affirmed that information about the shocking discovery was quickly passed on to the Divisional Police Headquarters, Umuelemai.

The Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Mr. I. M. Anaforom, who was at the scene of the incident, told newsmen that his men swung into action as soon as he received the report.

“We rushed to the scene, assessed the situation, cordoned off the area and alerted the appropriate authorities. That was how the bomb disposal unit of the State Police Command was called in to detonate the bomb”, Anaforom said.

Answering another question, the DPO said the bomb was a conventional foreign-made explosive and not an improvised explosive device.

He passionately appealed to the citizenry to be more vigilant and promptly report any suspicious object to the police for necessary action.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/bomb-discovered-in-imo-village/
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by kheart(m): 5:41pm On Jun 20, 2012
Boko haram indeed, i say that is massob at work.
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Messielakes(f): 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
Oh God help us, still on the issue of kidnapping now bomb..nawaooo
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by fnk: 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2012
Any idea who placed the bomb there?
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by adegbitown: 5:44pm On Jun 20, 2012
God save Nigeria
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by chievo: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
.....hmnn egwu dikwa
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 20, 2012
absolutely no comment!
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2012
kheart: Boko haram indeed, i say that is massob at work.

Same here. Prolly capitalizing on boko haram, making it seem as if they're under attack.

If BH should attack the south, I'd think SW would be their first option.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by manuch(m): 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
The Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Mr. I. M. Anaforom, who was at the scene of the incident, told newsmen that his men swung into action as soon as he received the report.

Na today!!!

1 Like

Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Slizbeat(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
Na wa o0
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by philip0906(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
. . .some dimwits will tell us that bombings/bombs is a northern affair. Nigeria is gradually falling apart,kudos 2 Samba dancer Mr Fresh Air aka I had no shoes

1 Like

Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Piyke: 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
I dont know o, but my bet would be massob. This is why you don't negotiate with terrorists. Agitating groups are now discovering that FG is weak when it comes to urban warfare and that if you make so much noise they come to you and negotiate. It will be sad if this becomes the new trend in the country. First was mend, now FG has been begging BH to come and negotiate.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by ismhab(m): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
This one na Eastern Boko Haram, no be Northern Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2012
Doz aboki's dat walk about sewing shoes..
Don't trust any of them..
The bomb may have not been planted by BH..
But then, its better to play safe!

1 Like

Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Slizbeat(m): 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2012
Piyke: I dont know o, but my bet would be massob. This is why you don't negotiate with terrorists. Agitating groups are now discovering that FG is weak when it comes to urban warfare and that if you make so much noise they come to you and negotiate. It will be sad if this becomes the new trend in the country. First was mend, now FG has been begging BH to come and negotiate.

well massob aint violent and are visible so i dnt tink they r responsible.
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by ebamma(m): 5:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
nowadays any thing people see for inside bag na bomb
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by kaeto(m): 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
Normal to see naive n careless rants all over the thread. We have hausas/fulanies in every street in d s.east . And also any hater of peace could as perpetrate this callous act knowing too well what it will lead to. If bombs are planted in the s.east by massob if they(bombs) are found in d s.west who will be accused? Opc? I'll leave that to the likes illeke di, to ponder on cos as she affirmed, bombs will in no time be rocking the s.west. Think n post. Out!
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2012
[size=14pt]Vanguard gathered that some of the villagers, who initially blamed the incident on the dreaded Islamic sect, Boko Haram, quickly scampered into safe communities outside the area.[/size]

ROTFLMAO!!! Are these the brave warriors we hear about on NL? What happens when war comes? cheesy

Fear of boko haram is the beginning of cowardice.
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Slizbeat(m): 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2012
carlos86:

Which obviously means that it was an unexploded civil war bomb.
since 67?? grin grin
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by ZUBY77(m): 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thank God i stopped going to Church long time ago
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Deedee49(f): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
fnk: Any idea who placed the bomb there?
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Deedee49(f): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
fnk: Any idea who placed the bomb there?

Na me put am there! See question!
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Spykid77(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2012
manuch: The Divisional Police Officer, DPO, Mr. I. M. Anaforom, who was at the scene of the incident, told newsmen that his men swung into action as soon as he received the report.

Na today!!!
Hmmmmmmmmm! Mah broda, e don tey wen nyash dey 4 bak oh!
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by carlos86: 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
Slizbeat:
since 67?? grin grin

They are still discovering unexploded second world bombs around the world.

www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/international/20-Jun-2012/wwii-bomb-found-in-hong-kong
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by mrkels(m): 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2012
I SERVED IN IMO STATE, THERE IS NO VILLA CALLED UMUDO, YOU MEAN TO say UMUDI@op
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2012
Thank God say e no explode, infact all the malams in the SE should be thanking God cause by now heads would have started rolling cause i personally wont take it. You can fight me in your North but not in my own SE never....
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2012
gboss4sure: Thank God say e no explode, infact all the malams in the SE should be thanking God cause by now heads would have started rolling cause i personally wont take it. You can fight me in your North but not in my own SE never....

The same villagers who ran for their safety?
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by dayokanu(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2012
This one na Biko haram
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by Chyz2: 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2012
Bomb a village? i think not!
Re: Bomb Discovered At Umudo Village In Imo by namfav(m): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2012
what makes this story believable

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Buhari Intend To Do With Presidential Power? / Policeman Kills Customs Officer In Lagos / Southern Senators Begin Confab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.