Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? (17231 Views)

Class Action Suit Against Gtbank For Misleading 199/$ Card Charges / Naira Gains 30%, Sells For N250/dollar / Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Abyjah: 8:01am On Jul 13, 2012
Browsing via calabash & cowries in the shrine of 'awon irumole'. To win this case, visit my shrine with 10% of the 250M. I swear you'll win. grin
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 13, 2012
mekaboy: [b]LOL, THIS REMINDS ME OF WHEN A FRIEND OF MINE FOUND SOMETHING INSIDE A BOTTLE OF COKE WHICH HE BOUGHT FROM A SHOP AND WAS YET TO OPEN IT. HE SAID HE HAD BECOME RICH, TOOK THE BOTTLE TO THE PHOTO STUDIO, SNAPED AND PRINTED THE PICS, CONTACTED A FRIEND WHO WAS STUDYING LAW IN THE UNIVERSITY TO DRAFT A LETTER REQUESTING THAT COCA COLA COMPENSATE MY FRIEND WITH 10 MILLION NAIRA OR HE TAKES THE CASE TO COURT.

THE GUY PROTECTED THIS BOTTLE LIKE IT WAS DIAMOND BECAUSE HE SAID IT WAS HIS ONLY HOPE. HE TOOK PICTURES AND DID VIDEO RECORDINGS JUST INCASE THEY TOOK THE BOTTLE FROM HIM AND BROKE IT. SO WE WERE NOW DISCUSSING WHAT HE WOULD DO WITH 10MIL , WHAT IF COCA COLA BEGGED HIM TO TAKE 5MIL, HE SAID HE WONT SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN 8MIL.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, ON THE FAITHFUL DAY, HE WENT TO COCA COLA FACTORY WITH THE SUPPOSED TO BE LAWYER FRIIEND, PRESENTED THE LETTER, WHEN THE LADY MANAGER WHO WAS IN CHARGE READ THE LETTER, SHE INVITED THEM TO HER OFFICE. AT THIS POINT HE BELIEVED SHE WAS SCARED AND WANTED TO NEGOTIATE.

SHE TOOK THEM TO THE FACTORY AND SHOWED THEM HOW THE DRINKS ARE MADE AND HOW THE MACHINE WASHES THE BOTTLES WITH CHEMICALS. SHE TOLD THEM FROM WHAT THEY HAVE SEEN, IT CAN NOT BE FROM THEIR FACTORY, ITS EITHER FROM THE STORAGE CONDITION OR THE PERSON SELLING WAS REFILING .

GUESS WHAT THE COMPENSATIONS WAS.

N1,500 OR A CREATE OF COCA COLA grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin NOT EVEN BOTH, HE EITHER TAKE THE MONEY FOR TRANSPORT OR CARRY A CRATE .

MY GUY PLEASE , WHEN THEY PAY YOU THE 250 THOUSAND HUNDRED MILLION, WHAT WILL YOU USE TO CARRY IT grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/b]

Laff don make my bladder ache me...
I heard there is Consumer Protection Council not to negotiate wid d company.
@OP, i'lld rather u talk 2 a LAWYER not a LIER π get legal advice 1st..@dat point u know if 2 continue or not.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by shilling(f): 8:07am On Jul 13, 2012
Exactly!! I'm 21 and have worked in customer service while in uni. We're trained to tell customers all sorts of BS in situations like these so they don't sue!!

Op, consult a good lawyer. If he says u have a case, u won't need to pay a dime until he wins the case. Obviously!!

clubone05:

Will you shut up there!!!!

What stupid inquiries should he have made....is it today that bastard bank staff have been miss leading its customers.

If he came back the next day how is that impatience...fool.

Guy sue 1st and see the outcome.don't let any stupid formal staff tell u rubbish.

My sis works for a bank's legal dept...and I know for a fact that banks are coughing out millions to settle out issues like this.

1 Like

Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Jettage: 8:13am On Jul 13, 2012
wake up from your sleep. Change of card is normal, your card must have expired for the ATM machine to seize it. You can go ahead. but you will loose and why fool yourself the Festus Keyamo is a g...... Lawyer. Some Lawyers can only be good in a fraudulent system that allow compromise. Check all the inconsistencies of a Lawyers and his dwindling Reputation before coming to conclusions
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by rman: 8:14am On Jul 13, 2012
Burrito: Instead of suing, try a simpler approach - walk into the bank where it happened. Ask for a floor manager and explain your predicament. If they refuse to refund your money, then ask to see the branch manager. You never know, they might be nice and willing enough to compensate you. Or maybe i'm being naive, dunno undecided

This is what a logical person will do. An opportunist will see a chance of becoming a millionare.
If it that easy, the banks will be out of business
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by cyril83(m): 8:18am On Jul 13, 2012
shilling: Exactly!! I'm 21 and have worked in customer service while in uni. We're trained to tell customers all sorts of BS in situations like these so they don't sue!!

Op, consult a good lawyer. If he says u have a case, u won't need to pay a dime until he wins the case. Obviously!!

did you mean 21 yrs of age? Wow dats impressive, pls lemme change your shilling to pounds my queen
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Rinameh: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2012
wow this should be a good case for any lawyer i think.

---------------------------------------
join us at www.wedeytalk.com.ng for that unique online Nigerian community experience: for naija by naija
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by boladez(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2012
clubone05:

What stupid inquiries should he have made....is it today that bastard bank staff have been miss leading its customers.

Guy sue 1st and see the outcome.don't let any stupid formal staff tell u rubbish.

My sis works for a bank's legal dept...and I know for a fact that banks are coughing out millions to settle out issues like this.

Please and please do not abuse Kaysy, though I agree 100% with your underlying opinions but I think he has a right to his own opinions and let's keep this civil.

What I can see from KAYSY's post is one of the major issues with the banking industry where mediocrity is LARGELY celebrated. What I see is a product of capitalism where banks just do not care about training and developing its staff to provide quality services. KAYSY did not read the post carefully to understand that the poster was misled into applying for a new card by a suit wearing and handsome or pretty empty head at the front desk, he arrogantly thinks it is ok for network to fail and it is the customer that is dumb to have followed the instructions of the incompetent bank officer.

It amazes me when people claim a brand and it’s all about packaging without content. GTbank has a good training program for its new entrants but the strong culture of intelligence and quality was diluted when they opened the doors to employ middle level managers from the outside.

Kaysy, in case you are still in the service industry it is not right to blame your customer who has been misled the same service provider. It is the customer not the service provider that is always right

He can sue the bank and he can win provided he can show that he made steps to remedy and also show that he suffered some inconvenience or loss as a result of the charge and if he does not win the case he can get the bank to sit up by training it's staff and ensuring they know what to do at their desks rather than just smiling and speaking fake accents.

God bless
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 13, 2012
GTB, that bank. They have several unhealthy policies, one of them is, you cant transfer money from their savings account to another bank. And I try to raise draft to pay into another bank, they say, you cant raise draft on a savings account. (Meanwhile other banks I use do it ). And when I move the funds to checking account and apply for draft, they charged me 85,000 for a 8m draft. Imagine First Bank charged me 46,000 for 27m draft. I tire for GTB. I no get power to fight these corporate thieves.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Bolarge1(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2012
My potential millionaire, pls look for a lawyer close by you and let him/her advise u on what to do. do not be discouraged by people with negative minds such people no they get rich.if we do not start taking legal actions against all these nonsense Nigeria cannot grow. Ride on my brother the world is yours.

i dey solidly behind you with my AK 47.

Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Bolarge1(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Billyonaire: GTB, that bank. They have several unhealthy policies, one of them is, you cant transfer money from their savings account to another bank. And I try to raise draft to pay into another bank, they say, you cant raise draft on a savings account. (Meanwhile other banks I use do it ). And when I move the funds to checking account and apply for draft, they charged me 85,000 for a 8m draft. Imagine First Bank charged me 46,000 for 27m draft. I tire for GTB. I no get power to fight these corporate thieves.

FIRST BANK IS THE BEST.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2012
yeye4live: Please can any one tell me how I can sue GTBANK for d sum of #250,000,000 ( two hundred and fifty million Naira ).

Earlier this month I went to GtBank to withdraw money through their ATM and their network went off only for my card to get stuck inside,I could'nt wait for their useles network to come back ,

After waiting for more than 30min, I left only to come back the next day for my card,mind u I reported that issue dat same day before I left,on d next day I was told I have a RETRACTED card which means I have to apply for another card,I did thinking its free ooh since its not my fault,the card came out after 2 weeks and the useles bank debited my account to the sum of #1050.
My annoyance here is not that I can't afford to dash them that money but why wil dey have debited my account without telling me, knowing fully well, that the fault is not mine.

I need a strong charitable lawyer like FESTUS KAYAMO do any of u know how I can reach him please.

Just so you know..

I took the Liberty of going on GTBanks website and got you a copy of the Terms and Conditions attached to your MASTERCARD..

TERMS & CONDITIONS – GTBANK NAIRA MASTERCARD

1.0 Introduction

The following Terms and Conditions apply to the Naira MasterCard card issued by Guaranty Trust Bank plc.

In this Agreement, "we", "us" or "our" refers to Guaranty Trust Bank plc and its successors, agents and assigns, while "you", "your" refers to the cardholder.

By signing this Agreement, you agree that you have received, read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms contained herein and subsequent amendments as well as the laws, rules, and regulations now existing or which may hereafter be enacted, issued or enforced. You also agree that you shall use the Naira MasterCard card in accordance with this Agreement. If you do not agree with the terms contained herein, DO NOT ACCEPT or USE THE CARD.

Terms Used in this Agreement:

1.1 "Account" means the bank account held or to be held with Guaranty Trust Bank plc specified in the name of the Cardholder solely, the number of which is or shall be specified in the application form for the card and communicated to the Cardholder as appropriate.

1.2 "Account Currency" means the currency in which the Account is denominated.

1.3 "Bank" means Guaranty Trust Bank plc, a banking institution incorporated in Nigeria and having its registered office at Plot 1669, Oyin Jolayemi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

1.4 "Card" means the Naira MasterCard payment card issued by the Bank, including any renewal or replacement card or cards.

1.5 "Cardholder" means the person having power alone to operate the Account in accordance with the Bank’s mandate in respect thereof.

1.6 "PIN" means the Personal Identification Number issued to the Cardholder together with the card.

1.7 "Transaction" means any cash withdrawal or payment made using the card, or any refund arising in connection with the use of the card in any authorized manner for debit or credit to the Account.

1.8"MasterCard" means MasterCard Worldwide and its authorized Agents.

1.9"International Transaction" means A.T.M withdrawals made outside Nigeria and P.O.S payment made outside and/or inside Nigeria with companies that are not registered in Nigeria

2.0 "CBN" means Central Bank of Nigeria.

Cardholder’s Responsibilities:

2.1 You will be issued a card by the Bank to use either to withdraw cash from Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and/or to make payments for goods and/or services. The following are your responsibilities should you elect to use the card:

2.1.1 The card must not be used for any unlawful transaction including but not limited to the purchase of goods prohibited:

by Nigerian law; or
by the law of the Country where the goods are purchased;
or goods which though not prohibited in the country of purchase but prohibited in Nigeria. Provided that you will not be in breach of Clause 2.1.2 c where the purchase goods are not imported to Nigeria or to any other Country which law prohibits the purchase of such goods.

You must do the following:

Immediately sign the signature space at the back of the card when you receive the Card;
On receiving the PIN tamper proof advice slip, carefully examine the PIN tamper proof slip to ensure that it is properly sealed. Where the Slip is not properly sealed or you observe that the seal is broken reject the slip immediately.
If you are satisfied that the PIN tamper proof slip is properly sealed accept same and sign for accepting the slip, memorise the PIN and then immediately destroy the slip;
Never write down or record the PIN in anyway which could be understood by third party and do not disclose your PIN to third party including the police and/or bank officials;
Do not interfere with the magnetic stripe or integrated circuit (chip) in the card;
Do not reveal the card number except for the purpose of making a transaction or to report the loss or theft of the card or otherwise without our written permission;
Comply with any other reasonable instruction we issue regarding keeping the card, card number or any PIN safe;
Take all reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorised use of the card.

You may be held liable for any loss incurred by us arising from your failure to comply with any of the precautions stated above or any other reasonable precautions for the prevention of the fraudulent use of your card.

2.1.4 The ownership of the card at all material times is vested in the Bank and if demanded, you must return the card to the Bank immediately. We, or anyone acting on our instruction, may keep the card at any time;

2.1.5 If you enter the incorrect PIN three times in a row on the same day, the card may be retained by the ATM and subsequently destroyed.

2.2 We may refuse to authorize use of the card if:

2.2.1 The transaction exceeds the available funds in your account; or

2.2.2 The transaction does not comply with any applicable terms from time to time.

2.3 All transactions will be shown on your monthly account statements.

2.4.1 Your Naira MasterCard Card will give you access to a maximum of $40,000 (forty thousand United States Dollars Only) during each calendar year. However, the above limit shall be reduced or marked-down by the value of Personal Travel Allowance or Business Travel Allowance purchased through us during the same calendar year.

2.4.2 MasterCard Worldwide will convert all overseas transactions into US Dollar currency using the prevailing exchange rate as determined by MasterCard Worldwide. A percentage commission as determined by the Bank from time to time may be charged on the amount of the transaction.

2.4.3 Use of the card for international transaction is limited to current account only.

2.4.4 Any establishment may ask us for authorization before accepting payment by your card. We may decide not to give our authorization if:

Your card has been reported as lost or stolen, or we have reason to suspect it is lost or stolen
You are in breach of any clause of this agreement

2.4.7 You must take all reasonable precautions to prevent the car and PIN from being used fraudulently or you might be liable for any loss incurred by us. These reasonable precautions include but are not limited to:

Signing the signature space at the back of the card upon receipt;
Not allowing anyone else to use the card;
Not interfering with the magnetic stripe or integrated circuit (chip) in the Card;
Unauthorise disclosure of the card number.
Destruction of your tamper proof PIN notification slip
Not writing down or recording in any format your PIN or disclosing it to anyone else including the police and/or bank officials;
Complying with any other instruction we issue regarding keeping the card, card number and/or your PIN safe

3.0 Using the Card

3.1 You must not use the card before or after the validity period and/or after you receive notice that we have canceled or withdraw the card;

3.2 All transactions will be shown on your monthly account statements.

4.0 Limiting the right to use the Card

4.1 We reserve the right to exercise our discretion to limit your right to use the card by:

4.1.1 Refusing to approve a transaction;

4.1.2 Canceling or suspending your right to use the card for all or some purposes;

4.1.3 Refusing to replace any card without prior notice to you;

4.1.4 Any other manner as may be necessary.

4.2 We may refuse to authorise use of the card if:

4.2.1 The transaction does not comply with any applicable terms from time to time;

4.2.2 Your card has been reported lost or stolen, or we have reason to suspect it is lost or stolen;

You have defaulted on any part of this Agreement.

This Agreement shall be deemed to continue to subsist irrespective of the happening of any of the events stated under clause 4 herein.

5.0 Fees and Charges

5.1 Cardholders shall be charged fees by the Bank, in accordance with the Bank schedule of fees and charges regarding your Naira MasterCard card. For each cash withdrawal made at ATMs, the Bank will charge to your account the applicable transaction fee. A card issuance fee may be charged to your account. The cost for replacing lost, stolen or renewed cards would be charged to your account as applicable. Once you report a lost or stolen card, we will ensure that your card is temporarily blocked and "hot-listed" in order to prevent unauthorized usage. We will apply a service charge for this. You will also be charged a stipulated annual maintenance fee. The charges are subject to review at any time and at our discretion.

5.2 You are encouraged to call the Bank if you have any queries, complaints or issues regarding your card. Cost of calls made by cardholders will be charged to the cardholder’s account.

6.0 What you should notify us of

6.1 You should notify us:

6.1.1 Immediately your card is lost or stolen or you suspected that the card may be compromised in any manner whatsoever or misused.

6.1.2 If your statement includes an item which you think is wrong.

6.1.3 Immediately you change your name or address.

6.1.4 Any other information which should reasonably be notified to us.

7.0 Loss or Misuse of Your Card

7.1 Your Liabilities

7.1.1 If your card is lost, stolen or misused by someone who obtained it due to your negligence; you will be liable for all amounts transacted on your account and losses incurred.

7.1.2 If it is misused with your permission you will be liable for all losses.

7.1.3 If the card has been fraudulently used before you report the loss, or in a manner that suggests some form of compromise, you will be liable for the losses and may be prosecuted.

7.1.4 The Bank shall not be liable for losses resulting from disclosure of your card number and PIN to third party.

7.1.5 The Cardholder will not hold the Bank liable, accountable or responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss, injury or damage howsoever arising out of the use of the MasterCard access points.

7.2 If the card is lost or stolen or is misused or you suspected that your PIN has been compromised, you must notify us immediately by calling Cardholder Services at our Contact Center – GTConnect: +234 700 482666328, +234-1-448 0000, +234-803 900 3900 & +234-802 900 2900. We may ask you to confirm it in writing to E-Business & Card Services, Guaranty Trust Bank plc - Plot 1400 Tiamiyu Savage Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

7.3 On receipt of your report we will take steps to stop the use of the card on your account. You must, if we ask you to, cut the card in half and return it to us.

7.4 In the event of the card being lost or stolen,you must co-operate with the police and us in our efforts to recover the card . If you recover it you must not use it but should cut the card in half and return the card to us. You must report any loss or theft of the card to the police, and if we request for it, obtain and provide us the police report of the loss of the card.

8.0 Limits of Liability

8.1 We will not be liable to you if we cannot carry out our responsibilities under this agreement as a result of anything that we cannot reasonably control. This includes:

8.2 ATM breakdowns; Network downtime and/or failures

8.3Industrial disputes, natural disasters, force majeure or acts of God, etc.

8.4 The liability of the parties to this Agreement shall be subject to Central Bank of Nigeria Rules, Regulations and Guidelines on the use of electronic cards now in force and as may be issued from time to time.

9.0 Refunds and claims

9.1Disputed transactions must be reported within 30 days after the transaction date to enable the Bank investigate your claim and initiate a "Charge-Back" process where your claim is justified.

9.2 For disputed transactions in your account, which you have reported to the bank within 30 days after the transaction date, the Bank will initiate an independent investigation and if satisfied that your claims are verifiable, will credit your account with a refund. You cannot use a claim you may have against third party to make a claim against us, or refuse to pay us, unless you have a legal right to do so. You cannot transfer or assign any rights you may have under this Agreement to against us to a third party.

10.0 Changing the terms of this agreement

10.1 We may change the terms of this Agreement, including our charges and we shall endeavour to notify you of the changes accordingly. Changes may arise from changes which include but not limited to market conditions, cost of providing the service to you, statutory or other regulatory requirements affecting us or for any other purpose.

10.3 We may notify you about any changes by:

10.3.1 Advertising in the press or our website; or

10.3.2 Putting messages in your statements; or

10.3.3 Sending you a separate written notice; or

10.3.4 Any other means of communication that can reasonably be used

11.0 Termination

11.1 This Agreement will come to an end if either party gives a written notice to the other to that effect.

11.2 The cardholder wishing to end the agreement must give a 50-day written notice to the Bank.

11.3 Upon termination the Cardholder shall surrender the possession of the card to the Bank

12.0 General Terms

12.1 We do not warrant that services and benefits that we provide outside the terms of this Agreement will always be available. We may reserve the right to withdraw or vary these services or benefits at any time without giving you notice.

12.2 We will charge you for any loss or cost we may incur from a breach of this Agreement by you.

12.3 We will charge you for replacement cards requested by you on notification in cases of lost or stolen cards.

12.4 This agreement is governed by the Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria including laws pertaining to money laundering, Central Bank of Nigeria rules, regulations and guidelines and other applicable statutory bodies in Nigeria.

2.5 We do not accept liability if we cannot provide any part of our service for a reason beyond our control (for example, industrial action, failure of power supplies or equipment). If we cannot produce or send statements for any reason beyond our control, or you do not receive any statement, your responsibilities under the agreement will continue.

12.6 We must be informed in writing of any change in your contact information including but not limited to change of name, address, email, and/or telephone number.

12.7 Non-enforcement of any clause and /or a breach of this Agreement, or a delay in enforcing the clause and /or breach, will not prevent the Bank from enforcing the clause and/or breach against you at a later date.

12.8 For your security, we may record phone calls between you and us. We may do this to make sure we are providing a high quality of service and following your instruction correctly.

12.9 Your application will be subject to Guaranty Trust Bank processes and Reviews, which may require you to provide further confirmation on documents. We reserve the right to accept or reject your application.

12.10 You authorize us to exercise a right of set-off at any time we deem fit in respect of any account you may maintain with us in whatever currency to settle any outstanding payment on your card.

12.11 Unauthorized overdrawn accounts will be subject to charges, as may be decided by the Bank.

12.12 This Agreement shall be governed by The Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria

All correspondence should be sent to:

E- Business & Card Services

Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
Plot 1400 Tiamiyu Savage Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos, Nigeria.

E-mail: cardservices@gtbank.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

GT Connect (Contact Centre): +234 700 482666328, +234-1- 448 0000, +234 803-900-3900, +234-802-900-2900

I found some rather interesting clauses in this T&C and hope we can find a lawyer to explain it better...

I have highlighted some of them...

In my opinion though, you have no case..

Goodluck!
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Aniah4u: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2012
babaearly: But your eye dey shook for money oh, potential millionaire.
Pam-Pam-Pam, dem go come pay am N250m from 1050. Nice investment Mr Multi Millionaire. Any way, these Nija Banks deserve even a harder stroke.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by gator666: 9:07am On Jul 13, 2012
Back in 2006:

1. UBA was advertising they can produce your debit card within 2 to 3 weeks. It took them well over 3 months to deliver mine.

2. I had to make a single transaction, while abroad, of about @2100. Knowing enough about daily limits and stuff, I asked my account officer at UBA if that will be possible with their card, and if it is not, I can still carry cash. He confidently said "Yes, it is very possible". It is not my duty to know what limits they put on their cards, but his. Still, he had no clue that the daily limit for my card is $500.

3. When I was abroad, and just a couple of days before returning to Nigeria, I have tried to purchase items for mentioned $2100. Transaction failed. And again, and again. Customer support in Lagos had no idea what I am talking about when I called them.

4. All in all, I was forced to withdraw the $500 from the ATM for the next 5 days, which is not too expensive but still costs money. Since it was my last day of stay, I had to leave the cash with my relatives to purchase the item(s) and send them through the DHL, which was everything but cheap.

5. Knowing it is a debit card (common sense says you can spend the amount up to what you have on your account) I expected th have available for purchases all the money on the account (minus minimum balance, but that is ok). To my surprise, 25% of the money was always reserved as the collateral. Collateral for what when I can't spend more than I have anyway?!?!?!?!

All in all, my experience with UBA costed me some $450 of my own money, and to this day some money is still on my account (now dormant). Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by yeye4live(m): 9:15am On Jul 13, 2012
MOST PPLE KEEP ON SAYING DID I SEE D BANK TEMRS N CONDITION, PLSS CAN ANY ONE OF U PHOTO SHOOT THIS TERM N CONDITION N PASTE HERE,CUSE I HAVE BEEN USIN GTBANK SINCE D VERY DAY DEY STARTED OPERATIN IN NAIJA N I DID NT SEE ANY-TING OF SUCH IN THERE TERMS.

QUOTE ME WRONG JUST PUT THE TERMS N CONDITION HERE
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Flyboy Zee: I also have the mind of suing the stupid bank. Here is my story.

It happened after GTB changed ATM cards from "stripe" to "chip & pin" technology. I wrote the bank informing them that I don't want an ATM card, yet they debited my account to the sum of N1,050.00 and SMSd me that my ATM card is ready for collection. Was I mad when I got to the Bank and met a CSO who informed me that it is the Bank's policy to issue ATM cards to all account holders, irrespective of whether you want the card or not and to also debit the cost of the card from the account holder's account. I called GTConnect several times and laid my complain, for which I was told the same thing the CSO told me at the branch.

Since I have been forcefully issued a card and charged appropriately, I was like WTF, let me just get my card and start using it as there is no way I can seek redress.

On trying to activate the card, it refused to work. I went back to the branch's CSO who also tried and tried for weeks to no avail. I called GTConnect and got some stupid instructions on how to activate the stubborn card (things myself & the CSO had already done like over a hundred times). The CSO then asked me to return the defective card for a possible replacement at no extra cost. Alas, barely a week later, I was charged the sum of N1,050.00 from my account again for the new ATM card. I fumed to the branch amd met a CSO who was even more perplexed than myself as to the deductions and apologized profusely with a promise to 'see what he can do about the matter'. This time the card activated properly. But, I still need redress as to:

1. Forcefully issuing me an ATM card against my wish (I have a received copy of the letter indicating my wish).
2. Debit my account without due authorization from me.
3. Charging me for a defective ATM card they produced (making me pay for their error).
4. Making me incurr extra costs against my wish by charges incurred from costs of transportation and Phonecalls.
5. I lost valuable production time by transiting to and fro the bank the period the saga lasted.
6. Breach of trust by carrying out unauthorised deductions from my account.
7. General inconveniences.

What do you guys think? Can I sue their hasses for anything?

this appears a more solid case to take to court. Go ahead.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by scorpa: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2012
@OP

You are the fool here bro. Your card got stuck in an atm and it was retracted. You were meant to pick up your card at the branch after it was retracted and not apply for a new card. I think you have a serious difficulty understanding english.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by tozinla: 9:28am On Jul 13, 2012
My friend if u still feel disgruntled there is a dept in CBN that handles such indiscriminate bank charge. Go a file ur complains.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by jeffiejay(m): 9:29am On Jul 13, 2012
250m. You gan you be thief. Your own pass GTB own.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:33am On Jul 13, 2012
I doubt you can be issued a card against your will... Read the Terms & Conditions I posted..
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by kennyjvip: 9:35am On Jul 13, 2012
According to banking standard and mastercard standard!any card dat got retracted shld b destroy hotlist immediately.meaning customer will automatic request for another one.Pls is not the matter of knowing ur right but pls don't waste ur time face ur book and get a better job don't rely on sueing pple b4 u make it on life .wats gud for u might not b 4 me.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by yeye4live(m): 9:42am On Jul 13, 2012
scorpa: @OP

You are the fool here bro. Your card got stuck in an atm and it was retracted. You were meant to pick up your card at the branch after it was retracted and not apply for a new card. I think you have a serious difficulty understanding english.

MY BRODA URE D REAL FOOL HERE,CANT U READ WEL MY WRITE UP SUCKER, GTBANK SAID ONCE UR CARD IS STUCK IN THEIR MACHINE DAT MEANS ITS RETRACTED N DEY CANT GIVE DAT TO U AGAIN,U CAN CAL DEM N HEAR THIS OUT LOSER
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2012
yeye4live:

MY BRODA URE D REAL FOOL HERE,CANT U READ WEL MY WRITE UP SUCKER, GTBANK SAID ONCE UR CARD IS STUCK IN THEIR MACHINE DAT MEANS ITS RETRACTED N DEY CANT GIVE DAT TO U AGAIN,U CAN CAL DEM N HEAR THIS OUT LOSER

Have you read the T&C I posted?!

Do you think you still have a case to make?!
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by jaymyk(m): 10:08am On Jul 13, 2012
We need 2 put a stop 2 dis insensitivity of banks 2 customers. Som1 has 2 take d lead. It`s his turn 2day, it cud b anybody`s turn 2morow. Somtin similar has happnd 2 me b4. UBA deducted my ac wit #600 jst bcoz i tried 2 access my bank`s atm(1st bank).
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by adoniza(m): 10:10am On Jul 13, 2012
Guy I'm with you men, we must learn to protect our rights in this country
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by boladez(m): 10:12am On Jul 13, 2012
clubone05:

Please and please do not abuse Kaysy, though I agree 100% with your underlying opinions but I think he has a right to his own opinions and let's keep this civil.

What I can see from KAYSY's post is one of the major issues with the banking industry where mediocrity is LARGELY celebrated. What I see is a product of capitalism where banks just do not care about training and developing its staff to provide quality services. KAYSY did not read the post carefully to understand that the poster was misled into applying for a new card by a suit wearing and handsome or pretty empty head at the front desk, he arrogantly thinks it is ok for network to fail and it is the customer that is dumb to have followed the instructions of the incompetent bank officer.

It amazes me when people claim a brand and it’s all about packaging without content. GTbank has a good training program for its new entrants but the strong culture of intelligence and quality was diluted when they opened the doors to employ middle level managers from the outside.

Kaysy, in case you are still in the service industry it is not right to blame your customer who has been misled the same service provider. It is the customer not the service provider that is always right

He can sue the bank and he can win provided he can show that he made steps to remedy and also show that he suffered some inconvenience or loss as a result of the charge and if he does not win the case he can get the bank to sit up by training it's staff and ensuring they know what to do at their desks rather than just smiling and speaking fake accents.

God bless
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by gidiMonsta(m): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2012
Billyonaire: GTB, that bank. They have several unhealthy policies, one of them is, you cant transfer money from their savings account to another bank. And I try to raise draft to pay into another bank, they say, you cant raise draft on a savings account. (Meanwhile other banks I use do it ). And when I move the funds to checking account and apply for draft, they charged me 85,000 for a 8m draft. Imagine First Bank charged me 46,000 for 27m draft. I tire for GTB. I no get power to fight these corporate thieves.

What the hell are you talking about? Why the Bleep do you think its called a Savings account?
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by clubone05: 10:43am On Jul 13, 2012
boladez:

God bless

Whoever you are....you have made yourself a friend.

Your reasoning is so sound that a tear of hope left my eye...hoping that one day you'll find yourself in a position to make a change..I know u'll do the right thing.

God bless you.
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by vanstanzy(m): 10:46am On Jul 13, 2012
Don't really bother suing them, cos they (the bank), lawyers and court will frustrate u, the case they'll postpone till eternity. All u need do is get an experienced internet hacker to hack into their database and bring GTB down on its knees. Guy seriously, this is the most effective, but the law will be on ur tail if u're careless. Don't dare this advice, thats my evil-side speaking. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Go for a lawyer u can trust, and have all ur facts ready. Or else "LET SLEEPING DOGS' LIE" meaning forget it. GOOD LUCK!
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by albacete(m): 10:47am On Jul 13, 2012
kennyjvip: ... is not the matter of knowing ur right but pls don't waste ur time face ur book and get a better job don't rely on sueing pple b4 u make it in life .wats gud for u might not b 4 me.

Thank you Sir! @ d bolded: do some people really think that way.
Poster, i would advise you discard these thoughts from your mind. It sounds ridiculous.
#1,050 pay #250m?
Do you think any establishment would be in business if we sue them (and actually get them to pay damages) @ the slightest provocation?
Remember in life, sometimes you lose. It is not a win-win situation.
Have a nice day!
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by shilling(f): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2012
Haha...funny. It's not that impressive this side of the world I guess. I've been working since I was 17 though.

cyril83: did you mean 21 yrs of age? Wow dats impressive, pls lemme change your shilling to pounds my queen
Re: How I Can Sue Gtbank For N250,000,000? by mkoabiola: 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2012
Ds is rubbish,it shud b thrown to d bin.hw does ds makes d frontpage.sue indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Business Ideas For Returning Nigerian Diaspora. / Dangote To Invest $12 Billion In Nigerian Economy / First Bank Wins Best Mobile Banking App And Fastest Growing Retail Bank Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.