Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better (4668 Views)

Nissan Murano And Chrysler / Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 / Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
Pls, nissan murano and toyota matrix which one is better and reasons.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by Nobody: 3:45am On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy: Pls, nissan murano and toyota matrix which one is better and reasons.
bro u failed to state the year of manufacture of each car. By the way, why would u wanna compare two different class of cars (matrix is a hatch and murano a crossover) what's your basis of comparism? Do u want them judged based on their utility/use, resale value, level of luxury, sport appeal, fuel MPG, ease of maintenance, build quality, class etc or what?

2 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 4:05am On Aug 10, 2013
grin
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 4:12am On Aug 10, 2013
sad
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 4:14am On Aug 10, 2013
This is the stupidest comparison I've ever seen. Both cars are in no comparable in terms of class, power, handling, maintenance, gas mileage and price. This is just like comparing Honda crosstour with Toyota avanza. Or comparing cristiano Ronaldo with iker casillas

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chelseabmw(m): 7:38am On Aug 10, 2013
By the mention of the name Toyota every Nissan shall bow and all other cars(excluding Benz n Bmw) must confess that TOYOTA is reliable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 7:56am On Aug 10, 2013
lomomike: bro u failed to state the year of manufacture of each car. By the way, why would u wanna compare two different class of cars (matrix is a hatch and murano a crossover) what's your basis of comparism? Do u want them judged based on their utility/use, resale value, level of luxury, sport appeal, fuel MPG, ease of maintenance, build quality, class etc or what?

I want them judged in all ramifications. Both are cars and which one is a better car in terms of all the factors you have listed.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by Ikenna351(m): 8:45am On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

I want them judged in all ramifications. Both are cars and which one is a better car in terms of all the factors you have listed.

You are still making the same mistake.

To judge both or compare (which one is better) doesnt add up. You can compare Toyota Matrix with Peugeot 307, but not with Peugeot 607 & Honda Accord. Is like comparing Kia Picanto with Benz S 600, simply because they are both cars. Haba!

Your question should be like "Tell me the cons and pros of Nissan Murano model xx & Toyota Matrix model xx". Shikena.

Ikenna

3 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

To judge both or compare (which one is better) doesnt add up. You can compare Toyota Matrix with Peugeot 307, but not with Peugeot 607 & Honda Accord. Is like comparing Kia Picanto with Benz S 600, simply because they are both cars. Haba!

Your question should be like "Tell me the cons and pros of Nissan Murano model xx & Toyota Matrix model xx". Shikena.

Ikenna

So this is what you will answer in exam when you are asked to compare 2 things that are used for the same purpose but with different features. Even if it is Nokia 3310 and Samsung galaxy, there is a similarity. They are phones. One has camera while the other has not. One is costlier than the other. One lasts longer than the other. And so on. The replys I am getting here are ridiculous and shows the poor level of understanding of simple use of English and logic.

5 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2013
If I ask Obama and Jonathan who is better? Someone may say Obama while some may say Jonathan. Then, the next thing is why is Obama better than Jonathan or vice versa? They are all head of states of different countries and continents. But they are still comparable. No two things in this world are incomparable. Someone even replied me some time ago when I asked this same question and said there was no car called Toyota Matrix and called me a joker. I need an expert answer not from some one who knows little or noting about modern cars.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by tdie: 11:07am On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy: If I ask Obama and Jonathan who is better? Someone may say Obama while some may say Jonathan. Then, the next thing is why is Obama better than Jonathan or vice versa? They are all head of states of different countries and continents. But they are still comparable. No two things in this world are incomparable. Someone even replied me some time ago when I asked this same question and said there was no car called Toyota Matrix and called me a joker. I need an expert answer not from some one who knows little or noting about modern cars.

Instead of starting an unnecessary argument, why don't you just list the areas in which you want both cars compared. Even in trying to compare Obama to Jonathan, you have to state whether you are comparing them as males, mature men, presidents, husbands, fathers etc.
You could maybe ask on which of the both cars is better with regards to maintenance costs, durability, fuel efficiency etc.

And remember that you are asking for information, so no need to be rude about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by Ikenna351(m): 11:10am On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

So this is what you will answer in exam when you are asked to compare 2 things that are used for the same purpose but with different features. Even if it is Nokia 3310 and Samsung galaxy, there is a similarity. They are phones. One has camera while the other has not. One is costlier than the other. One lasts longer than the other. And so on. The replys I am getting here are ridiculous and shows the poor level of understanding of simple use of English and logic.

You really have a lot to learn about cars. You have a long way to go on that.

Someone would buy a Kia Picanto. Use it for one month, ditch it and buys Benz S 600 the next month. The 3rd month, he ditch the S 600 and run back to Picanto and start the campaign that benz are gas guzzlers and their part prices are outragious. This is a fellow that jumped from Picanto to S 600 with the same maintenance budget and financial strenght. He didnt see A-class buy, but chose s 600 with 12 cylinder engine, yet expecting the same fuel consumption of the s 600 to be the same with the Picanto. He forgets that s600 is targeted to some class, the same with Picanto.

Now, how on Earth can we know your financial strenght to know which of the 2 vehicles is better for you? Do you know bad the road where you stay is to determine if Murrano is better for you or if Picanto would be? Do we know if you can afford to fuel Murano or the Picanto, the economy car? Do we know the purpose or what you need the car for? Abi we be winch to know all that and tell you one that suits you better?

Every car is manufactured for a particular purpose and targeted to a particular class, gender, etc. A buyer buys a car to serve a purpose. A benz S-class owner could as well have a Kia Picanto. The Kia Picanto could be there to serve daily driving, while the S-class is there for weekend. He knows that the S-class will be a gas guzler and the parts will cost higher than tur Picanto, but he still he wants to own it, for fun or other purposes. So no car can be termed better than the other, it depends on what you want out of a car and you go for the one that serve that purpose, which you can afford to buy and maintain.

And as fot your phone comparism, you are wrong. You cant compare 3310 with Samsung Galaxy 3, but you can compare Galaxy 3 with Lumia 920. 3310 owner will only need to recharge his phone to make and receive calls, including text messages, but a Galaxy 3 owner will have to spend extra thousands every month to fully use the phone, aside the normal airtime refill. He needs to be doing daily, weekly or monthly internet subscription to be able to use the phone for what it was designed for. The phones are designed to last long, so its wrong to say one last longer. Difference is, they serve difference purposes.

3310 and Galaxy 3 are not in the same league, just like Toyota Matrix and Nissan Murano are not in the same league for comparism.

Like i said, you still have a lot to learn about cars.

Ikenna.

9 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

you want them paired together eh? That's ne'er a pro'lem bro. I'd certaily judge em fo'ya!

1. Economy: hell yea! Toyota takes it home. Its gơ̴͡t a 2.0l i4 engine in its hood. 3S-FE which is found in ancient relics such as '89 camry, 90-92 carina ii Gli, 97 carina e, 97 avensis. Murano gơ̴͡t a 3.5V6 VQ35DE found in top of the line products such as 01-03 QX4, 02-03 pathfinder,03 G35. But considering the size of the murano, its weight, pluse its build I hereby say the murano is efficient quite efficient. Cost of replacement parts we know nissan's parts are quite expensive, but cost of toyota parts are over inflated.
2. Reliability: hell damn it! Toyota grabs this. Toyota top build quality has it.Nissan's CVT gives nightmare when they go haywire. But to a great extent, I believe if you takce care of your murano and give it the needed attention, you have almost no palava.
3. Handling: dem be mate where that bland toyota stops na there nissan start. Even with its Awd Matrix still can quite match the AWD of nissan undecided toyota matrix still cry foul while nissan makes its driver get a feeling that they are in a world flowing with honey and milk cream grin tongue nissan is miles away, Its infact the Japanese BMW. I get this feeling of dearth of power when drivin a toyota, but when I drive a Nissan, there's always a smile of satisfaction cos of the ton of power and torque.
4. Comfort/luxury: who ever say toyota is luxurious is day dreaming very bland un-inspiring interior. Even in 2003, highlander still lags way behind when it comes to luxury.
5. Daily practically: Nissan takes this home. In Nigeria, we drivers have a nightmare = potholes. Nissan murano has a higher ground clearance to tackle this. Plus Its big and comfortable Meaning Mr. and Mrs. Ngozi can come with their kids Nkechi, Bola, Ayuba plus bingo their dog, their skateboards and more cargo than the Matrix can accomodate. When going to a beach or camping grin.
[size=15pt]In conclusion NEVER COMPARE A MATRIX WITH A MURANO they aren't in same class.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

chuqudy: ... Someone even replied me some time ago when I asked this same question and said there was no car called Toyota Matrix and called me a joker. I need an expert answer not from some one who knows little or noting about modern cars...
boy where did u learn how to be so rude, and judgemental? We might be chatting on NL doesn't mean you should judge can't tell who the other fellow is. I'm not chiding anyone here, but the fact that Mr. Ikenna drives a Peugeot 505 doesn't make him incapable of having a say in new cars, or even own a new car. I observed him and wanted to judge him long ago about the issue of his old car but I discovered frm my personal research on one of his threads that he uses that car as a result of his love for that car and fathers experience with older model peugeot with RWD and 505 was the last sedan with RWD. Mind you, its not all about being the ultimate bling master its all about satisfcation, joy and fulfillment. You just painted your self in a bad light bro.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 11:39am On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy: If I ask Obama and Jonathan who is better? Someone may say Obama while some may say Jonathan. Then, the next thing is why is Obama better than Jonathan or vice versa? They are all head of states of different countries and continents. But they are still comparable. No two things in this world are incomparable. Someone even replied me some time ago when I asked this same question and said there was no car called Toyota Matrix and called me a joker. I need an expert answer not from some one who knows little or noting about modern cars.

I think u are the one who knows nothing about modern cars. Check ur topic.... NISSAN MURANO AND TOYOTA MSTRIX, WHICH IS BETTER. You can only ask that question with cars of the same class. Just like when u asked Obama and Jonathan which is better. That is a fairer question because they are both presidents of a nation. Why don't u compare molue and BMW x6 because they are both automobiles.

one more thing... U really have shown ur level of intelligence by comparing Nokia 3310 with Samsung galaxy. Mind u there are different variants of Samsung galaxy, ranging from Samsung galaxy s, galaxy s2, galaxy s3, galaxy s4, galaxy note, galaxy note 2, galaxy mega, galaxy grand duos, galaxy s4 zoom, galaxy s4 active etc. They all serve different purposes and are targeted for different people. But u won't know this anyway because to u phone na phone and car na car. No wonder u are comparing Nissan murano with Toyota matrix. Abeg on to the next one.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

3310 owner will only need to recharge his phone to make and receive calls, including text messages, but a Galaxy 3 owner will have to spend extra thousands every month to fully use the phone, aside the normal airtime refill. He needs to be doing daily, weekly or monthly internet subscription to be able to use the phone for what it was designed for.

But you have just compared nokia 3310 with samsung galaxy in contrary to what you initially said-- that they are incomparable. Comparing two things include both the similarities and differences between the two things been compared. I think the problem is more of poor understanding of the Use of English Language and Logic.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2013
elektra80:

I think u are the one who knows nothing about modern cars. Check ur topic.... NISSAN MURANO AND TOYOTA MSTRIX, WHICH IS BETTER. You can only ask that question with cars of the same class. Just like when u asked Obama and Jonathan which is better. That is a fairer question because they are both presidents of a nation. Why don't u compare molue and BMW x6 because they are both automobiles

So, to compare two things of different features is now a crime in nairaland. Comparisms can even be made between cars and aeroplanes not to talk of between two cars of almost the same size.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 12:00pm On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

But you have just compared nokia 3310 with samsung galaxy in contrary to what you initially said-- that they are incomparable. Comparing two things include both the similarities and differences between the two things been compared. I think the problem is more of poor understanding of the Use of English Language and Logic.

Ikenna is right here. True nothing is incomparable but its only fair to compare things that are in the same class. Plus u are contradicting ur topic. Check ur topic again... U asked which is better, that is not a fair comparison at all. Abeg who is better, thiago Silva or neymar?
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
lomomike: you want them paired together eh? That's ne'er a pro'lem bro. I'd certaily judge em fo'ya!

1. Economy: hell yea! Toyota takes it home. Its gơ̴͡t a 2.0l i4 engine in its hood. 3S-FE which is found in ancient relics such as '89 camry, 90-92 carina ii Gli, 97 carina e, 97 avensis. Murano gơ̴͡t a 3.5V6 VQ35DE found in top of the line products such as 01-03 QX4, 02-03 pathfinder,03 G35. But considering the size of the murano, its weight, pluse its build I hereby say the murano is efficient quite efficient. Cost of replacement parts we know nissan's parts are quite expensive, but cost of toyota parts are over inflated.
2. Reliability: hell damn it! Toyota grabs this. Toyota top build quality has it.Nissan's CVT gives nightmare when they go haywire. But to a great extent, I believe if you takce care of your murano and give it the needed attention, you have almost no palava.
3. Handling: dem be mate where that bland toyota stops na there nissan start. Even with its Awd Matrix still can quite match the AWD of nissan undecided toyota matrix still cry foul while nissan makes its driver get a feeling that they are in a world flowing with honey and milk cream grin tongue nissan is miles away, Its infact the Japanese BMW. I get this feeling of dearth of power when drivin a toyota, but when I drive a Nissan, there's always a smile of satisfaction cos of the ton of power and torque.
4. Comfort/luxury: who ever say toyota is luxurious is day dreaming very bland un-inspiring interior. Even in 2003, highlander still lags way behind when it comes to luxury.
5. Daily practically: Nissan takes this home. In Nigeria, we drivers have a nightmare = potholes. Nissan murano has a higher ground clearance to tackle this. Plus Its big and comfortable Meaning Mr. and Mrs. Ngozi can come with their kids Nkechi, Bola, Ayuba plus bingo their dog, their skateboards and more cargo than the Matrix can accomodate. When going to a beach or camping grin.
[size=15pt]In conclusion NEVER COMPARE A MATRIX WITH A MURANO they aren't in same class.[/size]

This is more reasonable answer. I give you 80% for this. It would have been 100% if not for your last sentence. No two things are incomparable. Thanks.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
elektra80:

Ikenna is right here. True nothing is incomparable but its only fair to compare things that are in the same class. Plus u are contradicting ur topic. Check ur topic again... U asked which is better, that is not a fair comparison at all. Abeg who is better, thiago Silva or neymar?

I asked "Pls, nissan murano and toyota matrix which one is better and reasons".When you are asked to say what is better between two things with reasons, you start by comparing the two by listing their differences, strengths, weaknesses etc. The one that has the better quality wins. Cheers.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

This is more reasonable answer. I give you 80% for this. It would have been 100% if not for your last sentence. No two things are incomparable. Thanks.

Again, ur topic blows everything off. Maybe u should modify ur topic. When comparing 2 things, it doesn't matter the one with the highest points, what matters is the point that carries the highest weight. Lets take for example, comparing me A and B which one is better.

Mr A is rich and Mr B is a pauper
Mr A is 6ft tall and Mr B is 4ft
Mr A is handsome and Mr B is ugly
Mr A has children and Mr B is impotent .

Mr A has a mansion, Mr B lives in face me I face u.

Mr A is DEAD and Mr B is ALIVE.

So tell me who is better? Mr A with 5 points or Mr B with just 1 point.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by Ikenna351(m): 12:27pm On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

You were unfair to 3310 by compairing it with the Galaxis. 3310 in its era, was where the Galaxis are now. How many people could afford 3310 back then when it first came out? I couldnt, not even close.

Is just like comapring Peugeot 504 with the brand new 508? Thats totally been unfair to 504. How many Nigerians could afford brand new 504 in the '70's and early '80s? Only the top civil servants and the rich business men could. 504 was where the new 508 is now, back then. My father bought his 504 GL (foreign assembly) in 1977 at the price of N6,000+. Do you know what 6k means then?
There is nothing wrong in comparing old with new, but not the way you put it.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by Ikenna351(m): 12:38pm On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

The one that has the better quality wins. Cheers.

I still dont understand why you still dont get it?

Both vehicles are designed to serve different purposes. The better quality thing shouldnt come in here. I told you earlier, if you want to compare Matrix with another, do that with another hatchback of the same body size, engine type (fuel type, turbo or N/A, number of cylinders), irrespective of car brand.

It makes more sense to compare Murano with other crossovers: Toyota Venza, Honda Crosstour, Peugeot 3008 & 4008, etc.

Please, am hungry. I never chop since morning. Need to enter kitchen now.

Ikenna
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by cardoctor(m): 1:09pm On Aug 10, 2013
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

Very funny Ikenna and straight to the point. I wonder why people post threads like this.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by cardoctor(m): 1:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

My friend, use your brain. The heading of the topic on this thread does not show any semblece of intellect. You might as well have made it a comparism between an ostrich and a pidgeon.

Be more specific in what areas of interests that concern your query and avoid marking people's responses.
This is not a lecture room and nobody is here to sit your english exams. Enough said so please Don't turn this into an argument forum.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by expert101(m): 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
[size=8pt]I WILL GO FOR TOYOTA BECAUSE OF ITS RELIABILITY, RESALE VALUE AND FAIR MAINTENANCE COST.

1 Like

Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 3:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
expert101: [size=8pt]I WILL GO FOR TOYOTA BECAUSE OF ITS RELIABILITY, RESALE VALUE AND FAIR MAINTENANCE COST.

will u still go for Toyota matrix if what u seek is power, comfort, better handling, size and high ground clearance? The poster just don't get it... This comparison is not fair and u never going to get a straight answer. If u ask anybody that knows about cars this kind of question, their answer is always going to start with .. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ... BLA BLA BLA. No straight answer like murano is better or matrix is better. So its only fair to compare cars that are of the same class, same or similar engine size, etc. One brand new tyre for murano go almost buy the 4 sets on the matrix. Haha which kind comparison be this?
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2013
car-doctor:

My friend, use your brain. The heading of the topic on this thread does not show any semblece of intellect. You might as well have made it a comparism between an ostrich and a pidgeon.

Be more specific in what areas of interests that concern your query and avoid marking people's responses.
This is not a lecture room and nobody is here to sit your english exams. Enough said so please Don't turn this into an argument forum.

My friend, I think you should use your brain more. For your information, Nairaland is a lecture room. People are here to learn. I have learnt from lomomike. From his description, Matrix is beter than Murano in Nigerian roads and Murano does not have a second hand value. QED
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 4:03pm On Aug 10, 2013
expert101: [size=8pt]I WILL GO FOR TOYOTA BECAUSE OF ITS RELIABILITY, RESALE VALUE AND FAIR MAINTENANCE COST.

You are a true expert. Thanks.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by chuqudy(m): 4:09pm On Aug 10, 2013
elektra80:

will u still go for Toyota matrix if what u seek is power, comfort, better handling, size and high ground clearance? The poster just don't get it... This comparison is not fair and u never going to get a straight answer. If u ask anybody that knows about cars this kind of question, their answer is always going to start with .. IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR ... BLA BLA BLA. No straight answer like murano is better or matrix is better. So its only fair to compare cars that are of the same class, same or similar engine size, etc. One brand new tyre for murano go almost buy the 4 sets on the matrix. Haha which kind comparison be this?

You are contradicting your self. The two cars are incomparable and yet you are comparing them.
Re: Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better by elektra80: 4:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
chuqudy:

You are contradicting your self. The two care are incomparable and yet you are comparing them.

abeg poster answer this simple question and we call it a day.

between djokovic and Lionel messi who is better?

(1) (2) (Reply)

D Light Blinks Continuosly On My Honda Odyssey 2003 / Shortage Of Engine Oil In EOD. / How Much Is Camry Engine And Gear Box 1999 Or 2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.