Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? (982 Views)

The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by ektbear: 5:14am On Jun 21, 2012
I've always found the New Testament God to be much kinder and nicer.

The Old Testament one asks you to slaughter your only son like a ram.

Or commit genocide.

Or to follow all those laws in Leviticus.

Why does the tone change so much from the old testament to new?
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by buzugee(m): 6:07am On Jun 21, 2012
ekt_bear: I've always found the New Testament God to be much kinder and nicer.

Or commit genocide.

same God, different convenant. the old testament is basically about the indigenous people of the earth. the indigenous people of the world and their laws statutes and commandments. those were pioneering times and to whom much is given, much is expected. they were given the laws ( psalms 147 vs 19 and 20 ) and ownership of the earth. they lived in a lap of luxury basically. however inspite of the luxury they went to worshipping baal and milcolm and molech. started sacrificing their babies. started sacrificing each other and started lynching and mutilating all the lords prophets who came to get them to change their ways. these people were BADAZZEZZZZZZZ. so the lord went HARD and HARSH on them. he removed his protection and allowed them to be taken into all manners of slavery and suffering and torture.

with the new testament, their was already the emergence of so many other races who were not israelites so God had to look for a way to get the laws to them too, seeing as the people who naturally should civilize them with the lords laws were themselves in a seriouslly fallen state. so the lord sent Jesus to die for the israelites so they can ressurect from their spiritual death, and then write the laws ( lord only deals with israelites to write his laws ) that will rope in the gentiles and israelites as one. however these gentiles are not jews ( israelites ) so it will be unfair to expect them to follow jewish laws of circumcision and ceremonial laws and traditional laws etc etc. so the new convenant that united both jews and gentiles got rid of all those jewish traditional and ceremonial laws. only the moral laws stand now. that in essence is why the new testament looks softer than the old testament
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by jagunlabi(m): 7:10am On Jun 21, 2012
Rubbish, buzee. The god of OT belonged to the jewish people, not the whole world. He only operated within a specific region of the planet and that was the middle eastern desert regions. Why are you spreading untruths?
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by jagunlabi(m): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2012
All this one way you dey yarn na long tory. Your lord's attitude towards humans, according to the OT part of the bible, definitely changed for the better in the NT part of the same book. Either that, or the deity in the NT was different and of different, more benign and benevolent.

Telling us why your OT lord did what he did to humans in the OT bible is neither here nor there in this thread. The fact is, if the bible was talking about the same god - which i very much doubt - then "he", your lord, underwent a serious repentance and deliverance from his evil ways of old.
buzugee: same God, different convenant. the old testament is basically about the indigenous people of the earth. the indigenous people of the world and their laws statutes and commandments. those were pioneering times and to whom much is given, much is expected. they were given the laws ( psalms 147 vs 19 and 20 ) and ownership of the earth. they lived in a lap of luxury basically. however inspite of the luxury they went to worshipping baal and milcolm and molech. started sacrificing their babies. started sacrificing each other and started lynching and mutilating all the lords prophets who came to get them to change their ways. these people were BADAZZEZZZZZZZ. so the lord went HARD and HARSH on them. he removed his protection and allowed them to be taken into all manners of slavery and suffering and torture.

with the new testament, their was already the emergence of so many other races who were not israelites so God had to look for a way to get the laws to them too, seeing as the people who naturally should civilize them with the lords laws were themselves in a seriouslly fallen state. so the lord sent Jesus to die for the israelites so they can ressurect from their spiritual death, and then write the laws ( lord only deals with israelites to write his laws ) that will rope in the gentiles and israelites as one. however these gentiles are not jews ( israelites ) so it will be unfair to expect them to follow jewish laws of circumcision and ceremonial laws and traditional laws etc etc. so the new convenant that united both jews and gentiles got rid of all those jewish traditional and ceremonial laws. only the moral laws stand now. that in essence is why the new testament looks softer than the old testament
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by ijawkid(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2012
buzugee: same God, different convenant. the old testament is basically about the indigenous people of the earth. the indigenous people of the world and their laws statutes and commandments. those were pioneering times and to whom much is given, much is expected. they were given the laws ( psalms 147 vs 19 and 20 ) and ownership of the earth. they lived in a lap of luxury basically. however inspite of the luxury they went to worshipping baal and milcolm and molech. started sacrificing their babies. started sacrificing each other and started lynching and mutilating all the lords prophets who came to get them to change their ways. these people were BADAZZEZZZZZZZ. so the lord went HARD and HARSH on them. he removed his protection and allowed them to be taken into all manners of slavery and suffering and torture.

Good answer my bro....

Same Yahweh different covenant...

Shake my hands joor.....
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by ijawkid(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2012
jagunlabi: Rubbish, buzee. The god of OT belonged to the jewish people, not the whole world. He only operated within a specific region of the planet and that was the middle eastern desert regions. Why are you spreading untruths?

He belonged to every person....

He was only keeping d promise he made with abraham,isaac because of there obedience and integrity.........

That from them he'll bless d world...

And here we are nigga......
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by buzugee(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2012
jagunlabi: Rubbish, buzee. The god of OT belonged to the jewish people, not the whole world. He only operated within a specific region of the planet and that was the middle eastern desert regions. Why are you spreading untruths?
pass me some of that good weed you are smoking. you sound high grin
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by buzugee(m): 11:41am On Jun 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Good answer my bro....

Shake my hands joor.....

I learnt from the best. You guys. iron sharpens iron grin grin
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
Different covenant, different attitude, different god. grin
ijawkid:

Good answer my bro....

Shake my hands joor.....

Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2012
jagunlabi: All this one way you dey yarn na long tory. Your lord's attitude towards humans, according to the OT part of the bible, definitely changed for the better in the NT part of the same book. Either that, or the deity in the NT was different and of different, more benign and benevolent.

Telling us why your OT lord did what he did to humans in the OT bible is neither here nor there in this thread. The fact is, if the bible was talking about the same god - which i very much doubt - then "he", your lord, underwent a serious repentance and deliverance from his evil ways of old.
it's so clear dat d god of d OT changed considerably in d NT.i mean,what more can one consider as change?He was so harsh,vengeful nd angry in d OT but was quite warm,frwndly,4giving nd fatherly in d NT...WHAT MORE IS "CHANGE" IF NOT THIS?
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by cowgurl: 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
ijawkid:
Good answer my bro....

Shake my hands joor.....

Seconded! He's same, don't get Him twisted Ekt bear! Hi Buzugee, Ijawkid and Atheists in the house.
Re: Is The Old Testament God The Same As The New Testament One? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
ekt_bear: I've always found the New Testament God to be much kinder and nicer.

Or commit genocide.

The God of the Old Testament asked animal sacrifices , and also virgins and children. He allowed adultery and sex.ual debauchery. He enjoyed punishing his people, and even spreading plagues and floods. He generated life then killed.

He God of the New Testament, begins his role sacrificing his son hanging on a cross, and publicly humiliated. But then, shows an entirely different character. S.ex and adulte.ry become sin!. Murdering others and sacrifice is also a sin ... We could make an endless list of differences.

Conclusion.
THE TWO GODS ARE DIFFERENT

1. According to Christians:
He Old Testament God, who created Satan and killed all life on earth with the flood, was dethroned by a new god. A god who prefers to govern more kindly, but without forgetting that the punishment should be the best example.

2. According to the Jews.
A new god wanted to dethrone the God of the Old Testament, but failed. The new god appealed to all forms of cheating tricks and even murdered his son for the throne, but that god was defeated by the original god. That God continues to call for sacrifices as before, he is vindictive, and does not hesitate to massacre those who are not friendly with him.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Ever Deny Jesus? / I Am Going To Church Today / Rccg Open Heavens Devotional Tuesday 12 February 2013 Divine Call By Pastor E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.