Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents (10150 Views)

Maiduguri Residents Line Up To Identify Corpses After Boko Haram Attack (Photo) / Boko Haram: Civilian JTF To Provide Security In Borno Schools / Maiduguri Residents Deny Attack On Mini-skirt Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2012
more blood they say...SMH!
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Willzkid(m): 11:01am On Jun 21, 2012
I think this headline is way too sensational and detracts from the message's real intent.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2012
more blood they say...SMH! embarassed
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Taiwo20(m): 11:14am On Jun 21, 2012
lacasa:

Ɣ dnt Ʊ get a life, do Ʊ think politicians will divide nigeria no matter Ђδω much blood is split.

The benefits n money for them under thiis system will never allow anything of the sort.

After all are they nt safe wt dier Families

Stop wasting Your time ranting dis

Wen it comes. τ̅o sharing the kudi 4 tђere no one dey tink say who be southerner or who be northerner or whether na xtian or muslim

Na D̶̲̥̅̊ hungry dey shout, dem belle full tey tey
OAM4J: More suicide bombings coming, task force warns

Maiduguri residents were told yesterday to prepare for more suicide bombings.

The Joint Task Force (JTF) - Operation Restore Order (ORO) - in a statement by its spokesman Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, warned of plans by terrorists to carry Impoverished Explosive Devices (IEDs) in stolen vehicles. It warned the public to report to the appropriate bodies immediately a vehicle is stolen.

The statement reads: “Information recently available to the JTF ORO in Maiduguri indicated that there have been desperate moves by Boko Haram terrorists to steal/snatch vehicles to be used for terrorists’ activities by implanting Improvised Explosive Devices in vehicles and or through suicide bombing.

“The Task Force wishes to alert members of the public, particularly those whose vehicles have been stolen, to immediately report such incident to the nearest police station or to the JTF as such vehicles if used for terrorism acts would lead to owners of such vehicles being treated as collaborators and accomplices.”

The JTF spokesman said the task force’s troops and Department of State Services personnel have arrested six suspected Boko Haram members involved in the attack on EYN Church in Biu, Borno State, on June 17. Some worshippers were killed.

Those arrested are in JTF custody and are being interrogated.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/51047-more-suicide-bombings-coming-task-force-warns.html

And I have observed a service here before while on national service(2010/Batch A). Biu used to be the pride of Bornu. Peaceful,nice weather beautiful town, interestn languageand people. What a shame!
How can one help?
achi4u: if this bombing will bring about disintegration of the country...then let the bombing continue,those that remain will feel the gap of those that were killed and cleaimed their properties too.

which i will be one of the survivorsgrin
OAM4J: More suicide bombings coming, task force warns

Maiduguri residents were told yesterday to prepare for more suicide bombings.

The Joint Task Force (JTF) - Operation Restore Order (ORO) - in a statement by its spokesman Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, warned of plans by terrorists to carry Impoverished Explosive Devices (IEDs) in stolen vehicles. It warned the public to report to the appropriate bodies immediately a vehicle is stolen.

The statement reads: “Information recently available to the JTF ORO in Maiduguri indicated that there have been desperate moves by Boko Haram terrorists to steal/snatch vehicles to be used for terrorists’ activities by implanting Improvised Explosive Devices in vehicles and or through suicide bombing.

“The Task Force wishes to alert members of the public, particularly those whose vehicles have been stolen, to immediately report such incident to the nearest police station or to the JTF as such vehicles if used for terrorism acts would lead to owners of such vehicles being treated as collaborators and accomplices.”

The JTF spokesman said the task force’s troops and Department of State Services personnel have arrested six suspected Boko Haram members involved in the attack on EYN Church in Biu, Borno State, on June 17. Some worshippers were killed.

Those arrested are in JTF custody and are being interrogated.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/51047-more-suicide-bombings-coming-task-force-warns.html

I once worshipped at the church while on national service(2010/Batch A). Biu used to be the pride of Bornu. Peaceful,nice weather, beautiful town, interestn language and people. What a shame!
How can one help?
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2012
achi4u: if this bombing will bring about disintegration of the country...then let the bombing continue,those that remain will feel the gap of those that were killed and cleaimed their properties too.

Did u cry wen they gave birth to u??u sound like an animal.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Ayor93(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: so na wetin soldier fit tell us be dat,abi no be their work to fish out bokoharam and stop dis bombings?.
Hw can a suicide bomb attack be stoped?Withut him(suicde bomber)achieving his aim
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by israelbenzion: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2012
Billyonaire: Who cares, as far as they keep it up north

C'mon man. That is heartless of u to say. Where is ur humanity?
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Kobojunkie: 11:36am On Jun 21, 2012
Ayor93:
Hw can a suicide bomb attack be stoped?Withut him(suicde bomber)achieving his aim

Shoot him in the head before he detonates the bomb? Or evacuate the people to a safe distance before he detonates the bomb? Look for ways to codon off the area so as to reduce the effects of the blast? Equip the police force with world class training in fighting terrorism? Equip the forces with bomb detecting skills and equipment to help them spot and track potential bombers, and also warn people ahead of time of potential targets. . ... .

I mean why did you ask the question?
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by waja(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2012
JTF, pls beg them for us.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by buJu234: 11:38am On Jun 21, 2012
with all these news; what re southerners still doing in the Core North?
if its their brodas & sisters they want to kill let them go ahead; after all their governors & their
leaders re indirectly in support of them.

Please Middle bert; SW; SE; SS pack ur things and leave the NE; NW; core north.

then lets see if they will come to Enugu & throw their bombs; na der we go knw say dey really ready 4 war.

They want to declare Islamic rep. in their land; cant we jst understand with them & stop all these blood?

why is it only Middle bert; SW; SE & SS re called 4 peace...?
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Kobojunkie: 11:40am On Jun 21, 2012
buJu-234:
with all these news; what re southerners still doing in the Core North?
if its their brodas & sisters they want to kill let them go ahead; after all their governors & their
leaders re indirectly in support of them.

Please Middle bert; SW; SE; SS pack ur things and leave the NE; NW; core north.

then lets see if they will come to Enugu & throw their bombs; na der we go knw say dey really ready 4 war.

They want to declare Islamic rep. in their land; cant we jst understand with them & stop all these blood?

why is it only Middle bert; SW; SE & SS re called 4 peace...?

Submit your house in the South as refuge for the Southerners who will move back to the South. Provide for them money they will feed on for the duration of the time they will live in your house since they will likely be unemployed once they leave their homes up in the North. . .
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by achi4u(m): 11:42am On Jun 21, 2012
Loveangel: Did u cry wen they gave birth to u??u sound like an animal.
look at this transgendered,i thought u were dead?,hw do u manage to recarnate and post this sh!t.
obganje
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by tribalism(m): 11:46am On Jun 21, 2012
biyi willy:

i wonder ooooo
continue wondering. haven help those who help themselves. JTF can do nothing without the support of LOCALS, and they don't have it. SHAME to the entire north. even my friend USMAN KONTAGORA.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by israelbenzion: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2012
Sad embarassed[b][/b]
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Zi: 11:50am On Jun 21, 2012
I have 2 hard-eared aunties up north.
The 1st aunty is in Maidugari shocked
Her family has finally moved down to the east to 'start afresh'. She said she's due to retire in December, so she will manage to stay till then to collect her full benefits! I can't imagine the way she thinks! What is telling her she will be alive till then? What is telling her the govt she is working for will pay her a dime?! She cannot even collect house rent from her tennants there. They already know she will not do anything about it, so they are not even blinking a brow. Lord have mercy!!!

Hmmmmmmmm
The second has a large poultry farm in Jos. She also has landed props there. She always says its God that protects and the best she is doing now is trying to relocate her farm to Akwanga (Nasarawa). Still North! Her hussy is a Prof @ UNIJOS. Maybe its not that easy, afterall.

My mum is tired of crying/talking to them.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Kobojunkie: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2012
tribalism:
continue wondering. haven help those who help themselves. JTF can do nothing without the support of LOCALS, and they don't have it. SHAME to the entire north. even my friend USMAN KONTAGORA.

Stop making ignorant statements. JTF can do so much without locals. Stop making excuses for nonsense.

JTF is not heaven, it is a unit that is supposed to run as a well oiled machine, capable of doing it's job, even in situations when there is resistance experienced from the locals.

Also, enough of this assumption that the locals are not helping. That is a silly lie people who are biased tell themselves here so they can submit yet another inane argument. People up in the North are terrified and concerned for their lives and the lives of their children. Before commenting, try to imagine your own family in such a situation.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by tribalism(m): 11:55am On Jun 21, 2012
israel ben-zion:

C'mon man. That is heartless of u to say. Where is ur humanity?
HUMANITY? JUST LAUGHING.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Kobojunkie: 11:55am On Jun 21, 2012
Zi: I have 2 hard-eared aunties up north.
The 1st aunty is in Maidugari shocked
Her family has finally moved down to the east to 'start afresh'. She said she's due to retire in December, so she will manage to stay till then to collect her full benefits! I can't imagine the way she thinks! What is telling her she will be alive till then? What is telling her the govt she is working for will pay her a dime?! She cannot even collect house rent from her tennants there. They already know she will not do anything about it, so they are not even blinking a brow. Lord have mercy!!!

If she looses her pension, will you pay for her upkeep for the rest of her life? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Odunnu: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Shoot him in the head before he detonates the bomb? Or evacuate the people to a safe distance before he detonates the bomb? Look for ways to codon off the area so as to reduce the effects of the blast? Equip the police force with world class training in fighting terrorism?[b] Equip the forces with bomb detecting skills and equipment to help them spot and track potential bombers, and also warn people ahead of time of potential targets. . ... .

[/b]I mean why did you ask the question?
exactly why this is a headline.
Thats the best they can do now.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by bohboh275(m): 11:58am On Jun 21, 2012

You be mumu make GOD no make you person wey no go reach tomorrow wey dey think of 20 years... Even if Boko Haram doesn't bomb you there is one million ways to die.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Spykid77(m): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2012
Odunnu: Who should announce it, me?
Hahahahahaha! Mah sista d tin tire me oh!
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by tribalism(m): 12:21pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Kobojunkie
i didn't expect less from you. i left niger state early this year after a successful 12 years. i know much. it is the rat from home that informed the one in the bush that there is fish at home and where it is. keep waiting for GEJ. he is not coming and i won't either.

1 Like

Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Kobojunkie: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2012
tribalism: @Kobojunkie
i didn't expect less from you. i left niger state early this year after a successful 12 years. i know much. it is the rat from home that informed the one in the bush that there is fish at home and where it is. keep waiting for GEJ. he is not coming and i won't either.

Even if you lived 30 years in Niger State, you still cannot make the ignorant statements you made earlier and expect to get away with it.

People are terrified . . . they do not trust their government, the ones charged with protecting them. Matter of fact, many suspect that Boko Haramists are probably getting information from the very one's responsible for protecting the people. They can only do so much, that is why the JTF does not need to be another Police Force, but a unit that is beyond the mere police, that depends to a great portion on the community bringing them information.

JTF(Joint Task force) can and should do better than your regular police unit. If all JTF is is a carbon copy of the Nigerian police, isn't that in itself a doomed situation from the start, a mega problem?
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by achi4u(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2012
bohboh275:

You be mumu make GOD no make you person wey no go reach tomorrow wey dey think of 20 years... Even if Boko Haram doesn't bomb you there is one million ways to die.

i will not die because am nt in anyway near north,it is u who are already dead,only ur unrest spirit is commenting.

i pray___may u not rest in peace.

straight to hell and neva come back

Amin Amin Amiiiin
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2012
Why should they prepare for more bombings?
Wasn't it Gej dat promised to put an end to the Boko Haram menace this June??
BTW, where is d 921 billion naira allocated to security in the 2012 budget If the #921b is properly allocated to all states in d Federation, that will mean over #20billion apiece. This, if properly utilized for security purpose in Nigeria, will go a long way 2 curtail d reprisal attacks and violence in the country.
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
there are many boko harams in peaceful northern towns and villages than in the hot northern cities! securities should employ preventive undercover operations
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by buJu234: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2012
@Kobojunkie:-

its better to eating 1 meal in day in the south than to being 5 meals a day in North; where there is no assurance that u will see d next day...
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by BlueMurder(m): 2:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
buJu-234:

its better to eating 1 meal in day in the south than to being 5 meals a day in North; where there is no assurance that u will see d next day...

So there is an assurance that you will see the next day when you move south? shocked
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by Kobojunkie: 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2012
buJu-234:

According to whom?

So you are suggesting it is better for this woman to eat one day in the south, and maybe starve the rest of her days, than live as long as she can up north, enjoying every minute of what is probably the last couple of months that may be left to you? Africans and the rest of the world really do think differently. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prepare For More Bombings - JTF To Maiduguri Residents by buJu234: 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
@kokojunkie & Blue murder

u see everyone knwa that no where is save in Nigeria; but some places re more manageable compare to others; so based on that
i will say that u have more than 50% chances of seeing the next day in the South but less than 50% in the BH war North

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano: Ganduje Is A Product Of "Rigged Election" - PDP Candidate, Abba Yusuf / Kidnapped Edo DPO, Ibrahim Ishaq Regains Freedom After Seven Days In Captivity / Fayemi Slams N3bn Libel Suit On Fayose’s Aides Lare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.