Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,395 members, 7,836,587 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431541 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 01, 2017
Trendytessy:

That's wat Igbos call it.. She said it's preventing her from adding weight and makes her eat too often.It also makes her cry frequently and sleep less. A spot close to her forehead is pressed down too. She said we will take her to these native people for them to treat it.
You can use Shea butter mixed with coconut oil, that was what we used before for about 2months before switching to smoothie cream

If the symptoms you wrote is what she has and she isn't adding weight coupled with a kind of tough skin, then she has nnta and its trado medicine and giving her water alot is what can correct it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2017
Giddyperson:

A sunken fontanelle (the spot close to her forehead) could be a sign of malnutrition or dehydration. Please feed her as often as she would like to be fed, she might just be a foodie. If you can't keep up with the breastmilk then use formula. If you think she's not ok please take her to a hospital, no native doctor things
But seriously their is something like nnta, oyibo calls it dehydration but that tin fit cause harm if not properly looked into.

My first had it and we were busy doing oyibo oyibo its his nature, till it got to a point I almost losed him. Ajii nkita (dog hair) like they call it was coming off his body when you bring him out to the sunlight immediately we started trado treatment and within a month, he became very robust.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 01, 2017
ambient:
My baby has have three convulsions in 24 hours we are at the hospital but the doctors are not acting worried. So scared.
Don't be scared ma, u need to be strong now. pls carry her to another hospital. Gods healing on your lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 12:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
ciscamustexcel:
stress causes pain at the incision spot. It is advised not to lift anything heavier than your baby for at least the first few weeks. And also the way you stand up from your bed can contribute to the pain. Make sure you turn to your side b4 u stand up from your bed.
. make sure you are not putting belt head or a tight waist band on the incision point cos I almost fainted some few days back for doing that.
. if u are not guilty of any or all these and you are still feeling pains consult your doctor.
My dear I'm guilty of the standing up from bed anyhow o. The thing is I feel OK already so I'm trying to do everything normal but I've taken corrections. Hope I can stop taking hot water?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2017
Abeg make dat one no fall ooo grin
Giddyperson:
no be only fall your hand. Your breast nko grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Please tell my village people you dinnor meet me here
grin

queensnow:
Cappo don't mind her am behind her already with triplet dust tongue @hunniesuzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Benignasweety:
But seriously their is something like nnta, oyibo calls it dehydration but that tin fit cause harm if not properly looked into.

My first had it and we were busy doing oyibo oyibo its his nature, till it got to a point I almost losed him. Ajii nkita (dog hair) like they call it was coming off his body when you bring him out to the sunlight immediately we started trado treatment and within a month, he became very robust.
Yeah dehydration in infants is to be taken very seriously else it could be fatal. Most of our Igbo sicknesses have English names too nah. I just have more trust in modern medicine than in traditional medicine because the former has been rigorously tested and proven safe.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 12:37pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=Benignasweety post=60998569] You can use Shea butter mixed with coconut oil, that was what we used before for about 2months before switching to smoothie cream

If the symptoms you wrote is what she has and she isn't adding weight coupled with a kind of tough skin, then she has nnta and its trado medicine and giving her water alot is what can correct it.[/quote

Thanks but she has confirmed it isn't nnta
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2017
That's what I've been doing lately cos there's always a child with runny nose in his creche
Giddyperson:
Bikonu can I give vitamin C to my baby every blessed day for two months. I've given her the whole of one bottle and I'm wondering if it would be too much to buy another bottle. There are two kids around that seem to have chronic cough and catarrh, and the vitamin C is our only hope of not catching it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
At 6 months

Ambient sending prayers your way. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with PH, hopefully ph mamas will log in soon. Pls also ask on the preggy thread since that one is more active. Someone there may know

TashaStPatrik:

My daughter is also on Nan1 and it's really good. Meanwhile, when can we upgraded to Nan2 Biko. She will be 2 months on Tuesday the 3rd
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 12:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
Naomi14:
Ma'am, please how long does 1tin and 1cartoon last?

This should depend on how often and what quantity ur baby eats
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
From what you describe it seems the BM alone wasn't filling her up. Instead of plenty water give her formula to support your BM. Don't stop the water sha but give water to support milk, not as a meal on its own. Nan is good, that's what my baby takes, other mamas have said the price

Trendytessy:

I think it's dehydration cos since we started d water yesterday she's been sleeping well and no cries. MIL invited a relative to check her today and the woman said it hasn't reached the "nnta" level that's it isi nkuwa(I'm not sure if that's wat she called it). she said we should give my DD enough water and the sunken fontanelle will cover up. In all, no need for any native therapy. Thank God for that.
I want to start her on NAN1 formula I hope it's ok.. the price range will be appreciated.

About the pains I'll go easy on my self. Hopefully it will subside before my 6weeks checkup.
Thanks everyone
cc. enque
jazzyjazz
hunniesuzie
completly
all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=Trendytessy post=61001263][/quote] Thank God then... kisses to lo.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
Okay then thanks ma'am! I am warming up, 6th month go soon reach
enque:

This should depend on how often and what quantity ur baby eats
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
hunniesuzie:
From what you describe it seems the BM alone wasn't filling her up. Instead of plenty water give her formula to support your BM. Don't stop the water sha but give water to support milk, not as a meal on its own. Nan is good, that's what my baby takes, other mamas have said the price

MIL has convinced hubby not to allow us give her formula.. said her brain is still tender. DH is now saying if I'm already tired of breastfeeding his baby.
That aside how do I stop MIL from using Vaseline to "shape/press down" my DD's vagina. She is saying it's will make her not to follow boys (abeg is this not circumcision in disguise). I asked her to apply the Shea butter mix only she said we'll still be applying the Johnson's lotion in the morning so her skin will be soft.. Hmmm
I think I'll be the one dressing her after her bath o cos I don't understand again. Any tactics will be welcomed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
What! No bi only follow boys. All those ladies wey dem circumcised wey spoil pass anything. Did it help? Abeg don't let her use vaseline to press down the vagina. That is disguised circumcision. Tell her you will like to be dressing baby so you can get used to it before she leaves.
Trendytessy:

MIL has convinced hubby not to allow us give her formula.. said her brain is still tender. DH is now saying if I'm already tired of breastfeeding his baby.
That aside how do I stop MIL from using Vaseline to "shape/press down" my DD's vagina. She is saying it's will make her not to follow boys (abeg is this not circumcision in disguise). I asked her to apply the Shea butter mix only she said we'll still be applying the Johnson's lotion in the morning so her skin will be soft.. Hmmm
I think I'll be the one dressing her after her bath o cos I don't understand again. Any tactics will be welcomed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
How to make date syrup
Step 1: Wash dates thoroughly with warm water
After u are sure it's clean enuff divide into 2 to remove the seed
Step 2: pour the seedless dates in a clean pot pour water depend on the quantity of dates and cook till the dates has no taste (sweet) then sieve, taste the date if it's still sweet u can cook again and sieve
Step 3: gather the water u got from the date and cook, stir continuously till u get the desire thickness u want
Step 4: let it cool off. It's ready

Method 2:
Step 2: soak the seedless date till. It's soft
Step 3: pour the soft date in your blender and blend till its smooth
After this u will get d 1st picture I posted
Step 4: sieve the blend date till its tasteless to remove the shaft (like u would do pap)
Then do the step 3 above
Note I used this method
Final result
Naomi14:
How did you make it? grin

Cc. Fyngal1

6 Likes 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2017
enque:

hey mama
we missed baby fedora's birthday

Birthday is Oct 4th�
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 2:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=ambient post=60995326][/quote]

Sorry dear, just seeing your post.

You can try Moni Medical, Opobo crescent behind aladumo, GRA jxn ... Ask to see the owner,. Dr Nwinee

Or: Tehilah Children's hospital at Odili road. After the AP roundabout, the first Street on your right...you will see the sign post. Ask to see Dr West

There is also Omega clinic off Ada George before location jnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lol. My baby took formula from day 2. He's 7 months old now and is growing better than expected. I have to be honest with you, if your baby is dehydrated as described, it's not water alone she needs it's more food. Some mothers can't produce enough BM for the baby, that doesn't mean they are tired or lazy, it's just what it is, and what's important is that your baby is satisfied, whether BM or formula. You need to either talk to your husband as you are both primarily responsible for your child or look into increasing your supply with plenty pap, tea etc

I don't have the grace to address the "moulding" of vagina this afternoon biko, I haven't eaten and my blood is already boiling, Naomi14 has given good diplomatic advice

Trendytessy:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 2:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Trendytessy:

I'm angry at you for allowing things like tht, I don't allow even my mother do things I don't want to my baby... find a way to make her stop doing anything to ur daughters privates... it is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Mama abeg any method on peeling soy beans my fingers are aching this is tough ooooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Lol. My baby took formula from day 2. He's 7 months old now and is growing better than expected. I have to be honest with you, if your baby is dehydrated as described, it's not water alone she needs it's more food. Some mothers can't produce enough BM for the baby, that doesn't mean they are tired or lazy, it's just what it is, and what's important is that your baby is satisfied, whether BM or formula. You need to either talk to your husband as you are both primarily responsible for your child or look into increasing your supply with plenty pap, tea etc

I don't have the grace to address the "moulding" of vagina this afternoon biko, I haven't eaten and my blood is already boiling, Naomi14 has given good diplomatic advice

My breast produces a lot that I get to change my clothes some nights that's why I'm confused here sha. Abt the shaping I'll definitely stop it. Even if she'll be d one to dress her I won't allow her again. I was trying to avoid being harsh before she'll start saying tinz..
@Noami14 tnx for ur input
@katchycouture she came two days ago so I'm just going easy on her. It's well indeed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
TashaStPatrik:

My daughter is also on Nan1 and it's really good. Meanwhile, when can we upgraded to Nan2 Biko. She will be 2 months on Tuesday the 3rd

You can switch when she's 6 months old
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
Naomi14:
Ma'am, please how long does 1tin and 1cartoon last?

Well a tin used to last for a week in my house. Now it lasts for 4 days
It's 12 tins in a carton. And I think how long it lasts depends on how many tins is consumed per week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Thank you mamas @queensnow
jazzyjazz:

Well a tin used to last for a week in my house. Now it lasts for 4 days
It's 12 tins in a carton. And I think how long it lasts depends on how many tins is consumed per week
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
Am so happy right now so after all the fear fear that my son won't eat so I decided to make him pap combo of yellow corn, jero, soyabeans and red guinea corn so I made the pap with my date syrup as sweetener without milk
Guess what he took is so well infact he was grabbing the spoon grin making tombrown tomoa hope he will take that well too
Thanks for ur time mamas grin

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
I misss this place! !!!
Well done mamas!

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
enque:
So we tried the baby Okro soup today and she took it quite well.
I cooked Okro with ground crayfish, Titus fish and tiny palm oil. I 'blended' grin the soup with a blender after cooking so it's easy for her to swallow as she never get teeth.

In other news, Removing bones from Titus fish no b small work o.... Dat ish took me like 35mins to do.

Is there a special way for making Eba for babies. Also can I make that nuttymeal like semo and serve with soup
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
shocked shocked Eba for babies bikko giddy mama not now Eba is not now foe giddy baby ooo my own opinion thou
No matter how clean garri looks u go still find rat poo and sansan for d garri
Giddyperson:
Is there a special way for making Eba for babies. Also can I make that nuttymeal like semo and serve with soup
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
queensnow:
shocked shocked Eba for babies bikko giddy mama not now Eba is not now foe giddy baby ooo my own opinion thou
No matter how clean garri looks u go still find rat poo and sansan for d garri
so what do babies eat with the okro soup, do they just lick it like that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 7:30pm On Oct 01, 2017
grin
Naomi14:
Thank you mamas @queensnow

(1) (2) (3) ... (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.