Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398863 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2017
ambient:
Thanks everyone am still at same hospital they brought in a doctor that have been following the case and he requested for a lumber puncture for his spinal fluid....he had a total if seven seizures.... Still praying.

He'll be fine dear, God will surely heal him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 9:49am On Oct 02, 2017
FexCathy:
Pls mama's am going out of my mind right now. My 2 and half year old has refused to be just be potty trained fully. Wen he dosent want to pee or poo, he will say he does and den I take him but on getting dere, he makes noise like he is doing it but dosent. Den he just laughs over it and den comes out. Av stopped wearing him diapers during d day but he just ends up messing himself. Pls mamas help a sister Co's am tired esp since I work Mon to Sat, I don't know wat else to do. Thank u in advance

In addition to what feddy27 said....have you tried taking him directly to the toilet? he just might prefer that....you only would have to hold him till he is done

My son never accepted potty...no matter how hard I tried.....he usually kicks it around....I then tried toilet straight...he didn't accept for 2 days but, after he did....and that's what he has been using till date.

ambient.....perfect recovery to your son ma'am...keep praying...we are also praying with you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 10:46am On Oct 02, 2017
ambient:

The first was cause of high temp the others his temperature was just 37°

So sorry mama. It is well with yr LO in Jesus Name!
My DS had high temp tues night to wed morning @39.8*. I almost ran mad. The nurse said if i jad not brought him,he would have convulsed! Kai,e no funny o. But hes perfectly fine now o.

Dont worry,yr lo will be fine. Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by astroame: 10:46am On Oct 02, 2017
HOW TO MAKE BABY DIAPER CREAM

Diaper rashes grow in warm, moist places. They are particularly at home in your baby’s diaper. These rashes can look like red splotches on your baby’s bottom, or red scales in the...

https://www.nairaland.com/4091799/how-make-baby-diaper-cream
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2017
Saw this and thought to share

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2017
Graciouscharis:

In addition to other suggestions, you can try oats, rice and pounded plantain

I've never tried pounded plantain o...
Nice idea.

Will try it next

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2017
Convulsions/ seizures due to fevers are called febrile siezures / convulsions.

You can read up more here:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/febrile-convulsions/pages/introduction.aspx

Cc perfectcrown

Ambient, any improvement or updates? You are in our prayers.

E-hugs to you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 11:06am On Oct 02, 2017
ambient:
Thanks everyone am still at same hospital they brought in a doctor that have been following the case and he requested for a lumber puncture for his spinal fluid....he had a total if seven seizures.... Still praying.
sorry mama, God will heal your lo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:41am On Oct 02, 2017
enque:

what's with babies not liking Dt veggie beans sef?

And my baby loves it oh!!! I usually mix it with sweet potato or ripe plantain then add crayfish or fish
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 11:52am On Oct 02, 2017
AlphaHandMaiden:
Convulsions/ seizures due to fevers are called febrile siezures / convulsions.

You can read up more here:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/febrile-convulsions/pages/introduction.aspx

Cc perfectcrown

Ambient, any improvement or updates? You are in our prayers.

E-hugs to you.

Thanks mama.
@Ambient,praying for you. God is Mightily with you!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 11:54am On Oct 02, 2017
@Ambient, Gods hand is upon your child in jesus name. We will not cry over any one of them.#Balm in Gilead will heal him
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzezkay: 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
@Ambient.....mama ur lo is healed ijn.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2017
@Ambient......it is well with your LO. Be @ rest cos God is in charge!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
U can preserve it without fridge but u shd consume it within 2-3wks my opinon.
Benignasweety:
How can one preserve it aside refrigerating?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by womanofsteel: 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2017
Trendytessy:

MIL has convinced hubby not to allow us give her formula.. said her brain is still tender. DH is now saying if I'm already tired of breastfeeding his baby.
That aside how do I stop MIL from using Vaseline to "shape/press down" my DD's vagina. She is saying it's will make her not to follow boys (abeg is this not circumcision in disguise). I asked her to apply the Shea butter mix only she said we'll still be applying the Johnson's lotion in the morning so her skin will be soft.. Hmmm
I think I'll be the one dressing her after her bath o cos I don't understand again. Any tactics will be welcomed

Trendytressy its not circumcision at all. When my mum was pressing down my dd clitoris, I actually saw the reason why she did that and I continued from where she stopped when she left till about 3 months. Learn how to do it when she's still around. Its just a gentle press

In newborn girls, the clitoris points out in a way that the labia doesn't cover it hence the pressing which makes it go inside while the labia cover it up

If you don't press it down, the labia may not closeup together there will be space between which is not nice. I can't explain it without pics but your mil is on the right and its not disguised circumcision in any way. Remember in circumcision, there is absence of clitoris.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ambient: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
Total seizure is 9 my worries is this should I pull him out of hospital and go for traditional medicine (herbal) because 80 percent of the people I asked said hospitals hardly manage seizures....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
womanofsteel:

Trendytressy its not circumcision at all. When my mum was pressing down my dd clitoris, I actually saw the reason why she did that and I continued from where she stopped when she left till about 3 months. Learn how to do it when she's still around. Its just a gentle press

In newborn girls, the clitoris points out in a way that the labia doesn't cover it hence the pressing which makes it go inside while the labia cover it up

If you don't press it down, the labia may not closeup together there will be space between which is not nice. I can't explain it without pics but your mil is on the right and its not disguised circumcision in any way. Remember in circumcision, there is absence of clitoris.

Sorry this is a load of crap. All that unnecessary rubbing desensitises the clitoris which is naturally meant to be extra sensitive. You better leave the vagina to be perfect as God made it if not what you are doing is moulding a girl who in future would pleasure her husband without getting pleasure in return. If the labia doesn't close up properly (which I doubt) so what. You probably want it to look nice for her future husband. The earlier people stop 'moulding' little girls as tools for men, the better for all of us.

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2017
Doctor Womanofsteel, Leave it the way God made it abeg. So all those women that their clit wasn't pressed down, that means it's ugly?
womanofsteel:

If you don't press it down, the labia may not closeup together there will be space between which is not nice.
I can't explain it without pics but your mil is on the right and its not disguised circumcision in any way. Remember in circumcision, there is absence of clitoris.

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
My baby has not let me put her down since yesterday and her temperature is out of this world. She's heavy, my back aches. They ran tests at the hospital and said malaria and sepsis. They sha gave us medicine to take home. Now she has added loss of appetite and throwing up to her other symptoms. Seems it's back to the hospital again. A mum is tired
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 3:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
womanofsteel:

Ok ma but I still think it's unhealthy. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by crystalzoe: 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Giddyperson:
My baby has not let me put her down since yesterday and her temperature is out of this world. She's heavy, my back aches. They ran tests at the hospital and said malaria and sepsis. They sha gave us medicine to take home. Now she has added loss of appetite and throwing up to her other symptoms. Seems it's back to the hospital again. A mum is tired

Pele! I can imagine the tiredness. She's healed in Jesus name. Pls go back to the hospital cos of the loss of appetite and throwing up. It's well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
afternoon everyone hp d weda no too hot for ya side. naso I jejely Sidon dey watch GOT season 6 na im MIL came wit d following drugs(liquid) vitaminc, vamivite, nospamin, paracetamol say make I dey give am thrice a day to make her chop so she can b chubby. she also sed EBF babies don't usually grow big(fat).
Note... I'm a ftm 2months postpartum EBF too. shey make I dey give my DD or not I'm confused ooo, cos dey sed nt even water for 6months. I collect put am on top fridge sha. ..... I don't knw wat to do
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Giddyperson:

This was me all thru last week
Her temperature got to 39.8...was moping her body with tap water and the water was getting warm. Got to the hospital and they ran tests and said it was malaria and her white blood cells count was high (Dr said her body is fighting an infection).
We were given antimalaria and antibiotics. She refused eating anything with milk and and only wanted to be backed. My mum had to ask me to bring her over so she cld take care of her personally.

She is fine now...we are trying to regain her lost weight and her appetite is gradually returning.
It was really stressful but thank God.

Hang in there... Give her her drugs as prescribed and she ll b fine. Ask for help in taking care of her if necessary.

Take care
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
enque:

This was me all thru last week
Her temperature got to 39.8...was moping her body with tap water and the water was getting warm. Got to the hospital and they ran tests and said it was malaria and her white blood cells count was high (Dr said her body is fighting an infection).
We were given antimalaria and antibiotics. She refused eating anything with milk and and only wanted to be backed. My mum had to ask me to bring her over so she cld take care of her personally.

She is fine now...we are trying to regain her lost weight and her appetite is gradually returning.
It was really stressful but thank God.

Hang in there... Give her her drugs as prescribed and she ll b fine. Ask for help in taking care of her if necessary.

Take care
She doesn't even want to suck at all. She took little pap before which she's just thrown up. Can I boil an egg and give her the yolk cuz I'm running out of ideas here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Burntcoal:
afternoon everyone hp d weda no too hot for ya side. naso I jejely Sidon dey watch GOT season 6 na im MIL came wit d following drugs(liquid) vitaminc, vamivite, nospamin, paracetamol say make I dey give am thrice a day to make her chop so she can b chubby. she also sed EBF babies don't usually grow big(fat).
Note... I'm a ftm 2months postpartum EBF too. shey make I dey give my DD or not I'm confused ooo, cos dey sed nt even water for 6months. I collect put am on top fridge sha. ..... I don't knw wat to do
ebf babies grow fat o. My baby was EBF and today the doctor said she has the weight of a one year old and asked us to go weigh her again just to be sure cheesy. She gained weight very rapidly when I started EBF. Just keep the drugs in one corner as you may or may not be needing it. Just continue with EBF as log as your baby is feeding well if that's what you want to do.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2017
Giddyperson:

This was me 3 months ago. It was exhausting
Sorry dear I know exactly how you feel.

Perhaps you should take her back to the hospital
When my son had sepsis/malaria/pneumonia, he was placed on admission for 4 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
Giddyperson:

She doesn't even want to suck at all. She took little pap before which she's just thrown up. Can I boil an egg and give her the yolk cuz I'm running out of ideas here.

Yeah u can
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
2 days ago it was anus. Today is vagina. Someone will not have hypertension on top the stuff she sees in this place

Ambient I can't say I understand how you feel, the doctors haven't said anything at all? I won't recommend trado care sha but like I said earlier, I have no clue how to advise in this case. Praying for divine healing for your baby

Enque and Giddyperson hope your girls get well soon. It is well

Burntcoal give her the multivitamin and disregard the rest just to pacify MIL. keep the paracetamol for immunization days. That's when you'll need it. If MIL isn't there don't bother giving her any meds so far she's feeding well with no health issues

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
hunniesuzie:
2 days ago it was anus. Today is vagina. Someone will not have hypertension on top the stuff she sees in this place

Ambient I can't say I understand how you feel, the doctors haven't said anything at all? I won't recommend trado care sha but like I said earlier, I have no clue how to advise in this case. Praying for divine healing for your baby

Enque and Giddyperson hope your girls get well soon. It is well

Burntcoal give her the multivitamin and disregard the rest just to pacify MIL. keep the paracetamol for immunization days. That's when you'll need it. If MIL isn't there don't bother giving her any meds so far she's feeding well with no health issues

tanks so much. pls d paracetamol is it b4 or after d injection n at wat quantity.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Burntcoal(f): 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2017
Giddyperson:
ebf babies grow fat o. My baby was EBF and today the doctor said she has the weight of a one year old and asked us to go weigh her again just to be sure cheesy. She gained weight very rapidly when I started EBF. Just keep the drugs in one corner as you may or may not be needing it. Just continue with EBF as log as your baby is feeding well if that's what you want to do.

tanks a lot. God bless u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 4:58pm On Oct 02, 2017
hunniesuzie:

my dear, i have just been shaking my head on all the things i have been reading.

if I say what's on my mind, they will say I have come again.

Giddyperson
please take your baby to the hospital ASAP. sepsis is a life threatening condition that needs to be taken seriously and treated urgently.
I am surprised the hospital sent you home. they should have kept you at the hospital for at least 24 hours to monitor your baby.

enque
please next time, give your child 'baby ibruofen;. (neurofen)
it brings the fever down in record time compared to paracetamol and it avoids situations such as convulsion/seizures.
as soon as the fever reduces, then take the child to the hospital.

cc. all mums
always have a bottle of baby ibruofen (neurofen) in your first aid kit.

fever in children should never be taken lightly and can be due to so many reasons such as immunisation and infection.

once the fever is hovering 37-38degrees and paracetamol isn't working, please use neurofen.
neurofen will bring down the temperature hence preventing a seizure/convulsion (I am speaking from personal experience and also advice I received from experienced health professionals)

it is an over the counter medication that can be used for babies from 3 months.

it can actually be used interchangeably with paracetamol (every 4 hours) for kids older than 12 months.

for kids below 12months with any symptoms of illness, take them to the hospital that same day - worst case scenario, first thing in the morning.

older than 12 months - monitor for 12 hours (max 24 hours) and then take them to the hospital.

with children, the earlier they are treated, the better as things can go from bad to worse very quickly.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
helovesme:

my dear, i have just been shaking my head on all the things i have been reading.

if I say what's on my mind, they will say I have come again.

Giddyperson
please take your baby to the hospital ASAP. sepsis is a life threatening condition that needs to be taken seriously and treated urgently.
I am surprised the hospital sent you home. they should have kept you at the hospital for at least 24 hours to monitor your baby.

enque
please next time, give your child 'baby ibruofen;. (neurofen)
it brings the fever down in record time compared to paracetamol and it avoids situations such as convulsion/seizures.
as soon as the fever reduces, then take the child to the hospital.

cc. all mums
always have a bottle of baby ibruofen (neurofen) in your first aid kit.

fever in children should never be taken lightly and can be due to so many reasons such as immunisation and infection.

once the fever is hovering 37-38degrees and paracetamol isn't working, please use neurofen.
neurofen will bring down the temperature hence preventing a seizure/convulsion (I am speaking from personal experience and also advice I received from experienced health professionals)

it is an over the counter medication that can be used for babies from 3 months.

it can actually be used interchangeably with paracetamol (every 4 hours) for kids older than 12 months.

for kids below 12months with any symptoms of illness, take them to the hospital that same day - worst case scenario, first thing in the morning.

older than 12 months - monitor for 12 hours (max 24 hours) and then take them to the hospital.

with children, the earlier they are treated, the better as things can go from bad to worse very quickly.

Wow...
Didn't know babies cld take ibuprofen.
Had to keep giving paracetamol every 3 hours but then deep down in my heart I felt it wasn't working.

Will buy it ASAP.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.