Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398336 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
I'm not rushing.. I just..i just want.. sad sad. Ok, deep breath taken. Thanks mama

Akorkor:

Mama!!! Take a deep breath!!! Why the rush if I may ask... All our children will achieve their milestone with patience if you ask me. Try sitting her down from four months. For baby cereal i will advise you to start from 6 month because at less than 4 month their immune system is still getting stronger #Myownviewplease. For hair, try and make her hair from 5 month up but not too tight. All the best dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ok. I may just wait till 5months then and start introducing lil by lil. Thanks

hunniesuzie:
Lol. Anything that is not formula or BM is solids. Leave all those till 6 months. You can try a little apple puree at 5 months if your body is hot like mine was grin (wash, peel, dice the apple, boil for 3 mins and blend)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hallo's
Abeg is original molfix soft or hard? The one I bought recently is hard, I'm surprised.
Secondly does cacatin help with hair growth for baby? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 5:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
hunniesuzie:
How old is she again? If she's less than 3 months they usually poo a lot. How often does she poo normally? Any fever? What does the poo look like, normal or very runny? Is she eating well?

She's 5weeks.. she poops 2/3 times normally.., no fever. she eats well and the poo is kinda runny
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sansa143:
Chai,i need help oh!Motherhood no easy at all!Jay has bluntly refuse to sit,he is five mnths old n will b 6mnths in 2wks time!Anytime I put him to sit,he just rolls over n will start dragging himself to reach where he wants to!Of recent,i noticed he has started practising d real crawling position!My question is,if he eventually crawl,how would it b like since he doesn't want to sit?Pls I need suggestion!
Jazzyjazz
AlphaHandMadien
Akorkor
enque
Odaa sabi mamas,patiently waiting for your contributions!Thanks in anticipation!

He will sit when he's ready. Don't worry
Please keep sharp objects or whatever may hurt him away because you won't know when he will take complete steps and start crawling. Once they start to move, there's no stopping them o

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tnks dear
jazzyjazz:

He will sit when he's ready. Don't worry
Please keep sharp objects or whatever may hurt him away because you won't know when he will take complete steps and start crawling. Once they start to move, there's no stopping them o

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
For the sitting I heard baby girl can start sitting as early as 3month but if ur mom ask u to wait till 4month bikko wait time no too far she will eventually sit down one day so don't rush it. I bought and administer the vaccine my self my doctor was the one that advice me to divide the dosage into 2 i.e I should give him half now and the other half 2wks interval
I had to buy the vaccine myself bcus the clinic I used keep posting me and I don't think they will have till my baby passes the usage stage I had to give him wen he was 4month which is not meant to be so ( he shd have taken it earlier) but I was waiting for the clinic.
If u want to buy and administer ursef it's no big deal the Vaccine is sweet I tasted it and it's easy to administer #myopinion#
I read the vaccine will be due wen ur baby is 5-6mths that is u can't give ur baby rota once he or she is 6mths bcus it will nt be effective
spiceeamiee:
I officially stopped at 6weeks but my mom still makes me drink it whenever she is around. She says I have to drink it till 6months grin grin. I'm 12weeks pp.

Meanwhile please when can I start getting my baby to sit? She will be three months in a few days. I tried it a few times last week but my mom kept screaming that i want to "tigi ya n'obi". She says to wait till four months which I think is too far. I sit behind her and also place a wrapper in between her legs for support. Is it really too early? Also when can I start tying her hair small small with fancy ribbons. We no get hair but we will try with the little we have grin grin. Can I start now or to wait a little while?

Also, apart from baby cereals, what else can i feed my baby once she clocks four months? Can she take pureed fruits? Egg yolks? What other foods? I want to be prepared for when i go back to work so I want to start putting things in place now.

Finally, when is the max time a baby can take rotavirus? My hospital keeps saying they don't have it available for now (HMO tinzz). She is already 12weeks old. @queensnow and @kathycouture when you bought the vaccine, did you administer it yourselves or took it to a hospital to have it administered? Mama also @queensnow please release the secret to having twins Na. I don't mind only one more missionary journey.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
Don't just put him to sit alone, put him in sitting position while you sit at his back. It helps! My dd sits alone now, she is even trying to reach things. That was how I taught her from 4months.
Sansa143:
Chai,i need help oh!Motherhood no easy at all!Jay has bluntly refuse to sit,he is five mnths old n will b 6mnths in 2wks time!Anytime I put him to sit,he just rolls over n will start dragging himself to reach where he wants to!Of recent,i noticed he has started practising d real crawling position!My question is,if he eventually crawl,how would it b like since he doesn't want to sit?Pls I need suggestion!
Jazzyjazz
AlphaHandMadien
Akorkor
enque
Odaa sabi mamas,patiently waiting for your contributions!Thanks in anticipation!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
U can give ur baby puree fruits like banana strawberry apple pear e.t.c but avoid citrus fruits. When she Is 4months
Reasons: I realised that the likes of heinz, cow and gate, and so on are fruit puree and they wrote 4+months on them.quote author=spiceeamiee post=61065982]Questions still plenty set grin cheesy grin. Does pureed fruits count as solids? Egg yolk nko? Does that mean it's just cereals, BM and formular till 6months?

[/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Giddyperson good to know giddybaby is doing good
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
Good evening mamas, my dd is having fever and her paed prescribed lonart syrup, please has anyone used this drug for their lo before and how was it?
cc all mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ah..ok..still awaiting the secret to having twins yo grin

queensnow:
For the sitting I heard baby girl can start sitting as early as 3month but if ur mom ask u to wait till 4month bikko wait time no too far she will eventually sit down one day so don't rush it. I bought and administer the vaccine my self my doctor was the one that advice me to divide the dosage into 2 i.e I should give him half now and the other half 2wks interval
I had to buy the vaccine myself bcus the clinic I used keep posting me and I don't think they will have till my baby passes the usage stage I had to give him wen he was 4month which is not meant to be so ( he shd have taken it earlier) but I was waiting for the clinic.
If u want to buy and administer ursef it's no big deal the Vaccine is sweet I tasted it and it's easy to administer #myopinion#
I read the vaccine will be due wen ur baby is 5-6mths that is u can't give ur baby rota once he or she is 6mths bcus it will nt be effective
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
OmoLayo29:
Good evening mamas, my dd is having fever and her paed prescribed lonart syrup, please has anyone used this drug for their lo before and how was it?
cc all mamas
I used for mine and she got better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
]
olamitie:
Hallo's
Abeg is original molfix soft or hard? The one I bought recently is hard, I'm surprised.
Secondly does cacatin help with hair growth for baby? Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sansa143:
Jazzyjazz
AlphaHandMadien
Akorkor
enque
same with my baby oooooooi.he z 5months n 1day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
olamitie:
I used for mine and she got better.
OK. thanks ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
Ok,tnks 4 d suggestion!
Naomi14:
Don't just put him to sit alone, put him in sitting position while you sit at his back. It helps! My dd sits alone now, she is even trying to reach things. That was how I taught her from 4months.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
How is u?Bin awhile!How is Zino?
ahnie:
same with my baby oooooooi.he z 5months n 1day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 9:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Okay sis will mail u
spiceeamiee:
Ah..ok..still awaiting the secret to having twins yo grin

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sansa143:
How is u?Bin awhile!How is Zino?
me z Fyn.and how z you z yew too?

My boy z just awesome,if he sits like 5miniz,trust Bobo to slip on his stomach and off he goes.my husband z on my neck.pls how are you handling yours?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2017
I just make findings for u the only way is refrigerator it can only stay 4days out of fridge.
Benignasweety:
Won't it get rotten? please what are the means for preservation?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by edithodg(f): 10:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
sabi mamas,my dd thigh is still hard and red 5 days after 10weeks immunisation,Should I be worried.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sansa143

Just calm down.. He will sit when he is ready.
Trust me when he sits now, u will worry about standing, crawling and then walking etc.

Just enjoy these moments when he is still under control cos trust me when he becomes mobile, Na u go tire to dey chase am about.

This is 11pm and DH is trying to force my dd to sleep.... She is just all over the place practicing her newly discovered skill..standing grin grin
Me I'm exhausted from guarding her so she doesn't fall while exploring her standing skills... I still hv t wake at 4am to prep for work n creche smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
olamitie:
[color=#006600]]

I'm still on the pack of molfix is bought 3 months ago so I don't know.
But others will come and talk

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
My dear,na God!To wear cloth now na war,u hold am 4 hand,he will b struggle to free himsellf!He don alrdy nack forehead 4 ground!His hyperactivity is on a whole new level like one on steroids!He now bites wit gums oh but dat sh*t is painful!Once he sees his dad's tab or anytin bright,off he gos too!I tot of putting him on OLX n dis is just d beginning!It is well wit us!All I do is extra watch!
ahnie:
me z Fyn.and how z you z yew too?

My boy z just awesome,if he sits like 5miniz,trust Bobo to slip on his stomach and off he goes.my husband z on my neck.pls how are you handling yours?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy help him now n why is she still awake wen her mates are sleeping?Tnks alot
enque:
Sansa143

Just calm down.. He will sit when he is ready.
Trust me when he sits now, u will worry about standing, crawling and then walking etc.

Just enjoy these moments when he is still under control cos trust me when he becomes mobile, Na u go tire to dey chase am about.

This is 11pm and DH is trying to force my dd to sleep.... She is just all over the place practicing her newly discovered skill..standing grin grin
Me I'm exhausted from guarding her so she doesn't fall while exploring her standing skills... I still hv t wake at 4am to prep for work n creche smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by edithodg(f): 11:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
please help sabi mamas,my dd thigh is still hard and red 5 days after 10weeks immunisation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babe17: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mama c as u fall my hand u no no date (natural sweetener)agan shocked shocked for lo ogi or cereal or Tom brown any food that needs to be sweet replacement of sugar and honey very nutritious and good for children and infant good for adult too grin botanical name is dabino wink

Be careful how you use dates, Although it's highly nutritional, it is used for weight loss.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babe17: 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
queensnow:
Mama c as u fall my hand u no no date (natural sweetener)agan shocked shocked for lo ogi or cereal or Tom brown any food that needs to be sweet replacement of sugar and honey very nutritious and good for children and infant good for adult too grin botanical name is dabino wink

Be careful how you use dates, Although it's highly nutritional, it is used for weight loss.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:53pm On Oct 03, 2017
Okay thank u
Babe17:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 12:06am On Oct 04, 2017
Sansa143:
My dear,na God!To wear cloth now na war,u hold am 4 hand,he will b struggle to free himsellf!He don alrdy nack forehead 4 ground!His hyperactivity is on a whole new level like one on steroids!He now bites wit gums oh but dat sh*t is painful!Once he sees his dad's tab or anytin bright,off he gos too!I tot of putting him on OLX n dis is just d beginning!It is well wit us!All I do is extra watch!
Motherhood cry cry.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ahnie: 12:07am On Oct 04, 2017
queensnow:
Okay thank u

Iya agbo vendor grin...how z yew n baby?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1177) (1178) (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.