Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,269 members, 7,815,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399094 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimsusy(f): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2017
feddy27:
Princess Fedora is 1 today!!!!!!!!!!

Happy birthday to my dearest Ada ada kiss kiss kiss

Like my son will say, she's cute. Happy birthday darling, may u always be an embodiment of God's glory.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by pheesayor(m): 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
I was thinking about my daughter and then I remembered she clocked ine and I didn't announce it here, apologies.
My baby Ebunoluwa that had jaundice at birth and I got advices here was a year old on 16th September (about 18 days ago), how time flies
The past one year has been a very interesting one, few weeks to her birthday she started having temperature we used teething solutions back and forth no show. We suspected malaria so we gave her anti malaria which she took but serious cough and cold won't let her be so we saw a nurse who prescribed antibiotics and ibuprofen, after this her health improved tremendously and we had a sickness-free birthday.

I said here months ago she refused baby food, till this day the only milk she takes is breast milk, anything that looks like liquid she won't take, only water and juice. Last night I tried tea before deciding to buy her own milk, she refused. Last week I tried hollandia yoghurt she refused and you dare not force anything down her throat (not even drugs), she will spill it out or coughs till she vomits it. I don't know who else has experienced this with babies.

She gradually stopped crawling towards her first birthday and now walks but staggers a lot. She likes noodles a lot but is getting to like bread as well, I don't know if this is okay for her system at her age, she eats every other thing she sees me eating.

Kudos to all the mothers here doing great jobs, I'm the father but I feel the heat a lot as well cheesy

Ebunoluwa says hi to you all, especially helovesme

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
Happy birthday cutie! kiss God bless you
feddy27:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
Happy birthday princess! God bless you
pheesayor:
I was thinking about my daughter and then I remembered she clocked one and I didn't announce it here, apologies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
pheesayor:
I was thinking about my daughter and then I remembered she clocked ine and I didn't announce it here, apologies.
My baby Ebunoluwa that had jaundice at birth and I got advices here was a year old on 16th September (about 18 days ago), how time flies
The past one year has been a very interesting one, few weeks to her birthday she started having temperature we used teething solutions back and forth no show. We suspected malaria so we gave her anti malaria which she took but serious cough and cold won't let her be so we saw a nurse who prescribed antibiotics and ibuprofen, after this her health improved tremendously and we had a sickness-free birthday.

I said here months ago she refused baby food, till this day the only milk she takes is breast milk, anything that looks like liquid she won't take, only water and juice. Last night I tried tea before deciding to buy her own milk, she refused. Last week I tried hollandia yoghurt she refused and you dare not force anything down her throat (not even drugs), she will spill it out or coughs till she vomits it. I don't know who else has experienced this with babies.

She gradually stopped crawling towards her first birthday and now walks but staggers a lot. She likes noodles a lot but is getting to like bread as well, I don't know if this is okay for her system at her age, she eats every other thing she sees me eating.

Kudos to all the mothers here doing great jobs, I'm the father but I feel the heat a lot as well cheesy

Ebunoluwa says hi to you all, especially helovesme
happy birthday Cherie bunch. May God bless and keep u. Grow and shine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2017
feddy27:

happy birthday cutie. May God bless and keep you. Grow and shine.amongst your equal you shall be selected as the best in Jesus name I pray. Best wishes from my DD and ds Hailee and Jason

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
feddy27:

Happy birthday dearest Ada ada. Continue to shine

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2017
queensnow:
So cute Awwww finally after searching million miles my prince have finally found his princes charming
My beautiful rose am in the store getting u a special bday gift cheesy frm ur handsome prince grin

Na wao see prosposal and toasting. Happy birthday Fedora baby girl.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
@ Pheesayor,

Well done pops

Happy birthday Ebunoluwa. God God bless and keep you.

Wait oh?
For the eating, is it just baby food (like liquids) she doesnt take or any food in general?

Have you tried finger foods. Sometimes babies just want to do things them selves and will refuse if you feed them.

It is a messy process so be prepared for the clean-up

Try given her stuff that she can suck the life out of! grin

At this age i will suggest soft fruits such as ripe mango and avocado or baby snacks like the puffs which are usually flavoured with things like carrots, cheese tomato and sweetcorn.

Also ensure she is supervised while feeding herself.

Regards to the wife!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Hyphee(f): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2017
feddy27:

Happy birthday sweetest, love long and prosper. kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
Sansa143:
Cappo@Giddyperson,how is giddybaby feeling now?Quick recovery to her!
There's been no fever today so far and no vomiting. Minimal pooping too so I can't complain. I've been learning how to back baby but hubby said that backing is not meant for people like me cuz I'm too tall and it makes it look awkward cheesy . But I'm still backing biko because to carry baby in your arms all day and stand is not an easy something. Thanks for asking @Hunniesuzzie

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lotannad1: 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2017
pls help!! my 2mths old has been coughing seriously! I took her to d hospital and was given antibiotic. is as if d tin aggravated d cough alongside vomiting. what can I do?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
Tnk God,it is wellbLol at d backing tin!So na onlyyy short pple backing baby go fit abi!U pple wee nt kill me!Abeg shift let me faint!
Giddyperson:
There's been no fever today so far and no vomiting. Minimal pooping too so I can't complain. I've been learning how to back baby but hubby said that backing is not meant for people like me cuz I'm too tall and it makes it look awkward cheesy . But I'm still backing biko because to carry baby in your arms all day and stand is not an easy something. Thanks for asking @Hunniesuzzie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
hunniesuzie:
I think you should watch her, so far she's feeding well. Observe today then take it from there

Thanks dear... she hasn't poo since today..

@giddyperson quick recovery to your baby( so u can go back to work)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
lotannad1:
pls help!! my 2mths old has been coughing seriously! I took her to d hospital and was given antibiotic. is as if d tin aggravated d cough alongside vomiting. what can I do?
It would get better. The cough was prolly caused by a chest infection and the antibiotics is to treat the infection, once the chest clears the cough would go too. Have patience and administer the drug a drop at a time so she doesn't vex and throw it all up. Also give her the drugs like 40 mins after a feed cuz she is more likely to throw up on a full stomach

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
Please forget fainting grin Come tell me how you made those pancakes to have the perfect round shape. Mine always have cut edges. I use a non-stick pan.
Sansa143:
Tnk God,it is wellbLol at d backing tin!So na onlyyy short pple backing baby go fit abi!U pple wee nt kill me!Abeg shift let me faint!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
cheesy cheesy,u go fear perfect round shape!Ntin special,na d pan d shape am 4 me oh!I sha use d normal frying pan n very low heat to avoid burning it!
Naomi14:
Please forget fainting grin Come tell me how you made those pancakes to have the perfect round shape. Mine always have cut edges. I use a non-stick pan.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hello all, new books available
Free teddy bears for every purchase
That is five teddy bears for each five mamas
Call 09032730510

uote author=AlphaHandMaiden post=60651074]Mr. Kidco, your attention please![/quote]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
embarassed
kidco:
Hello all, new books available
Free teddy bears for every purchase
That is five teddy bears for each five mamas
Call 09032730510

Applicable for purchases done within this month
Happy Independence

uote author=AlphaHandMaiden post=60651074]Mr. Kidco, your attention please!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
Helllllllllllllo mamas, long time no saw!

Divine healing for all the sick Lo s ijn.

Please my daughter started bringing out this milky pulse looking thing from her eyes , should I be worried ?

Secondly, can I introduce her to any food now, we are 4 months and 4 days today .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 10:23pm On Oct 04, 2017
bimsusy:

Like my son will say, she's cute. Happy birthday darling, may u always be an embodiment of God's glory.

Happy Birthday
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
Trendytessy:

Thanks dear... she hasn't poo since today..

@giddyperson quick recovery to your baby( so u can go back to work)
Lol who said I was missing work kwanu? But thanks, she's a lot better, I'd resume tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Babe17: 10:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
No idea dear. I'm a ftm.i used dates for weight loss while pregnant.
Benignasweety:
What other natural sweetener can one use?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
poshestmina:
Helllllllllllllo mamas, long time no saw!

Divine healing for all the sick Lo s ijn.

Please my daughter started bringing out this milky pulse looking thing from her eyes , should I be worried ?

Secondly, can I introduce her to any food now, we are 4 months and 4 days today .
Don't know about the pus-like thing, I see it every once in a while in my baby's eye but it doesn't bother me cuz I assume it's just the eye cleaning out itself. if it doesn't happen very often you should just ignore it. If it looks bad tho I've read here how dropping breastmilk in the eye helps clear it plus you can see a doctor.

As for food, you can breastfeed for one more month but if you still want to start now, I started with Heinz cereal for 4+ months, my baby loved it but it made her poo green so we stopped but some other mamas here have used it with no issues. Just make sure any brand you buy is for 4 months plus. You can also try pap mixed with formula, tho my baby preferred the pap bland so I breastfeed a little then give her pap. When she's closer to 6 months you can introduce the fruit purees and stuff.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by poshestmina(f): 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
Giddyperson:

Don't know about the pus-like thing, I see it every once in a while in my baby's eye but it doesn't bother me cuz I assume it's just the eye cleaning out itself. if it doesn't happen very often you should just ignore it. If it looks bad tho I've read here how dropping breastmilk in the eye helps clear it plus you can see a doctor.

As for food, you can breastfeed for one more month but if you still want to start now, I started with Heinz cereal for 4+ months, my baby loved it but it made her poo green so we stopped but some other mamas here have used it with no issues. Just make sure any brand you buy is for 4 months plus. You can also try pap mixed with formula, tho my baby preferred the pap bland so I breastfeed a little then give her pap. When she's closer to 6 months you can introduce the fruit purees and stuff.

Thanks.how's giddybaby now? God is our strength!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 11:11pm On Oct 04, 2017
poshestmina:

Thanks.how's giddybaby now? God is our strength!
Shes fine thanks. She's sleeping now but sleep has eluded me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhinestones: 11:23pm On Oct 04, 2017
lotannad1:

You should go back to d hospital.what u just described sounds like pertusis(whooping cough). It's treated with antibiotics too but it has to be with the right one. Also because of the late presentation the cough might not stop any time soon if it's pertussis.

Did she have fever or runny nose some weeks before the cough? If she did then u need to ask d doctor about pertussis just in case he/she wasn't thinking about it before.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 12:49am On Oct 05, 2017
queensnow:
All the yellow babies in the house which cream are using

So no mama born yellow pikin for here bah? undecided
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kodylicky(f): 6:01am On Oct 05, 2017
Good morning mamas,

Pls is it ok for me to take green tea while still breastfeeding
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 05, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Banana Apple
Thanks ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 6:41am On Oct 05, 2017
Good morning mothers,please help. My ds took 6weeks immunisation yesterday and his body has bn hot snc dn...I have gvn pcm and even used wet cloth to clean his body but the hotness is still there..please wat else can I do.
All sabi mothers help o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1179) (1180) (1181) (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.