Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412415 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2017
poshestmina:

Our efforts will not be in vain. Hope she's better now?

Thanks for all the answers... I appreciate you all.
Shes fine, back to her normal playful self. thanks for asking

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
What pcm did you use? Panda? That did nothing for my baby when she had her 6weeks immunisation. She had strong fever for over 48hours and I was so scared until a nurse told me to buy Calpol. It's a stronger med specifically for post immunisation fever. It's quite pricey (about 3k)But it's well worth. You may not be able to get it in most pharmacy but check Health/Med plus. Hope your LO feel better soon

bookholla:
Good morning mothers,please help. My ds took 6weeks immunisation yesterday and his body has bn hot snc dn...I have gvn pcm and even used wet cloth to clean his body but the hotness is still there..please wat else can I do.
All sabi mothers help o.

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:35am On Oct 06, 2017
spiceeamiee:
What pcm did you use? Panda? That did nothing for my baby when she had her 6weeks immunisation. She had strong fever for over 48hours and I was so scared until a nurse told me to buy Calpol. It's a stronger med specifically for post immunisation fever. It's quite pricey (about 3k)But it's well worth. You may not be able to get it in most pharmacy but check Health/Med plus. Hope your LO feel better soon

I second the use of Calpol infant suspension for post immunisation fever. It very very effective even for teething pains.
The difference in the relief it provides is very clear when compared with panda.
let me add that Calpol is just like the pcm I knew while growing up.
We bought ours for #2500 but I saw it for #1870 in another pharmacy. you may wish to compare prices before buying.

cc.bookholla

1 Like 11 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:40am On Oct 06, 2017
Giddyperson:
Shes fine, back to her normal playful self. thanks for asking

It's so good to know giddybaby is now doing fine. E ku itoju as yoruba's will say.
Hope you've have found time to rest as well?
Kind regards to all.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:48am On Oct 06, 2017
voucher:
Thanks Enque,Hunniesuzie and feddy... but pls I'm not sure I know what ewedu is and can i add salt to his food?

The picture shows what ewedu looks like. The English name is (jute leaves) in case you are outside the shores of Nigeria. It is slimy like okro when blended and cooked.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Chanbaby:
Pls what is wrong with me feeding my baby cereal with plate and spoon. My mum wouldn't let me breath cos I don't feed my baby with feeding bottle. When I give him with spoon he eats up to 150ml of either pap or cereal in less than15mins but with bottle he barely eats 80ml in 30mins+. She sounds like am doing something very bad.

You are not doing anything bad. Bottle feeding is what they are used to.
This is exactly what I have been facing in the last few days. My mum keeps saying which kain ceremony be all dis with spoon feeding. she believes it's too early even at almost 6 months and it's not practical especially when one is going out.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by voucher(f): 4:24am On Oct 06, 2017
JGracious:

The picture shows what ewedu looks like. The English name is (jute leaves) in case you are outside the shores of Nigeria. It is slimy like okro when blended and cooked.

Okay,thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 7:27am On Oct 06, 2017
enque:

I'm getting somewhere wt my question Na..
Maybe it's called something else where she lives

Oops! Im sorry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:09am On Oct 06, 2017
perfectcrown:

Oops! Im sorry

haba....no qualms

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 8:59am On Oct 06, 2017
voucher:

I stay in PH now but i grew up in Anambra..so I'm igbo

My PH sister, come take a hug smiley

Leave ewedu if you ain't used to it, make okro soup with scumbia fish (that shiny one without scales).

To get innovative meals for your baby, check out mummysyum.com. if you are on instagram, follow her too and also augustsecrets; scroll to her old posts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by timigreene(m): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2017
Good Morning Sabi Mothers in the house.

How long should I wait before trying to get pregnant again after a c-section?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by crystalzoe: 10:03am On Oct 06, 2017
Pls any Ph mama interested in kidco books pls Holla

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:09am On Oct 06, 2017
My friend's 20 month daughter was given bottle, now she refuses plate and spoon. Imagine a grown toddler already talking small small oh!, coming to collect her bottle of cereal from her mummy, she will now go to one corner shaking her small bumbum as she's going, finish it, get up and return empty bottle (she will even announce "ah finis" grin grin grin)

That is agbaya behaviour please, she's the one that motivated me to never give my baby cereal in his bottle

Chanbaby:
Pls what is wrong with me feeding my baby cereal with plate and spoon. My mum wouldn't let me breath cos I don't feed my baby with feeding bottle. When I give him with spoon he eats up to 150ml of either pap or cereal in less than15mins but with bottle he barely eats 80ml in 30mins+. She sounds like am doing something very bad.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 10:11am On Oct 06, 2017
kidco:

From age 0-12

Okay. i'm interested. i'm in benin though. how do i get it; and is it possible to see pictures of it? sorry for my many questions

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 06, 2017
voucher:

Okay,thanks ma
If you are Igbo, ewedu is Akwùkwõ Ahiihaa.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2017
timigreene:

It depends... Considering when you had your last baby. For me,i decided to take in the same month my first son clocked 1year but still had c-s.

Have you spoken to your doctor/gynea

I learnt that if someone dont wanna have another cs after the first,you are to wait for about 2years(im not sure).

Other sabi mamas go soon come chook mouth but i'll suggest you ask your doc.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:19am On Oct 06, 2017
My doctor told me 2 years is ideal if you want to try for vbac [s]not sure I'm interested in vbac sha because who pushing epp[/s]

timigreene:

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rooty: 11:20am On Oct 06, 2017
Hi,,mother,,,,I'm a first timer,,,Pls help me out,,,, my baby is just 2weeks,,,,,i observed she had cattarh 6days ago due to cold weather,so i applied silver bird with baby oil on her head to inorder to make her warm,,,,in 3days subsequent, rashes having pores appeared on her head to her faces....she is presently feeling the pains,,and having sleepless night nd day.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2017
Fyngal1:

Okay. i'm interested. i'm in benin though. how do i get it; and is it possible to see pictures of it? sorry for my many questions

Let's whatsaap 09032730510
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:44am On Oct 06, 2017
Silverbird is tooooooooo strong for baby's skin. You said pains so I would recommend you take her to the doctor

Next time, you put silverbird on her bib or a cloth and place the cloth near your baby so she can inhale. Don't put on her skin biko

Rooty:
Hi,,mother,,,,I'm a first timer,,,Pls help me out,,,, my baby is just 2weeks,,,,,i observed she had cattarh 6days ago due to cold weather,so i applied silver bird with baby oil on her head to inorder to make her warm,,,,in 3days subsequent, rashes having pores appeared on her head to her faces....she is presently feeling the pains,,and having sleepless night nd day.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2017
Fyngal1:

Iyare motors deliver to Benin
God is Good to port Harcourt
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2017
New stocks

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by timigreene(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
perfectcrown:

It depends... Considering when you had your last baby. For me,i decided to take in the same month my first son clocked 1year but still had c-s.

Have you spoken to your doctor/gynea

I learnt that if someone dont wanna have another cs after the first,you are to wait for about 2years(im not sure).

Other sabi mamas go soon come chook mouth but i'll suggest you ask your doc.

Thanks for this piece kiss..... wating for other sabi grin mothers to contribute.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
My 15month old is having this cough that goes and come. We have been to a ped twice,taken ampiclox and erythromycin. And the cough is back. She's not coughing up anything. I am now using honey and diluted lemon juice,warm water ,palm kernel oil etc. Tomorrow i will take her back to the doctor but i don't want another antibiotic. What else works for cough?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hi All,

For those who missed this the last time.

Mima Bear Cloth Nappies will be launching Soon!

To register your interest, kindly subscribe to our mailing list using the link below:

http://eepurl.com/c3glDf

Thanks

Wishing everyone a fab weekend!

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2017
Rooty:

Hi Rooty,

Please take your baby to the hospital so she can be checked. The rashes is likely a reaction to the use of silverbird eucalyptus oil on her head.
Essential oils are very potent so you must be careful with how you use them.
She will be fine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
Benignasweety:
If you are Igbo, ewedu is Akwùkwõ Ahiihaa.

Kerenkere or ahihara
Cc: voucher
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tinnymerit(m): 3:47pm On Oct 06, 2017
pls mummies, what can I use to cure this? They z it's alefo

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 4:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Amhappy:
My 15month old is having this cough that goes and come. We have been to a ped twice,taken ampiclox and erythromycin. And the cough is back. She's not coughing up anything. I am now using honey and diluted lemon juice,warm water ,palm kernel oil etc. Tomorrow i will take her back to the doctor but i don't want another antibiotic. What else works for cough?

You can try Zaynie's cough recipe

Palm oil n Sugar
1 cube st luios sugar
And sizeable palm oil.
Crush the sugar in d palm oil in a small cup.
Give him a spoon(tsp) every 2 hours or as soon as the cough is coming.

iomoge2 also recommends in of her posts
Ori n a pinch of salt.
Melt ori n d pinch of salt in a metal spoon.
That is put d spoon over fire.
Then pour the melted oil n salt into a plastic spoon and blow till cool. U can use ur finger to checkbor ur tongue.... then give ur baby.
Let him swallow it.
Its relieve is instant. Give as often as needed.
Then find d root cause of the cough...
It could even be perfume...or powder.
Just watch closely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Abiagirl777(f): 4:58pm On Oct 06, 2017
How are we including this bodypart cheesy

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
hospital

tinnymerit:
pls mummies, what can I use to cure this? They z it's alefo

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 5:23pm On Oct 06, 2017
Abiagirl777:
How are we including this bodypart cheesy

No be only sleep training... grin

I just got off the phn with Dh,to tell him d hours ds sucks(he sucked for almost 3hrs dis aftnu). I felt like crying. You will think hes asleep when hes sucking,but you just try to withdraw d bwess,his eyes will just start shining...!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1182) (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.