Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406484 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Cc jazzyjazz mama bikko how did u handle the soybeans for Tom brown
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Amhappy(f): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
JGracious:

You can try Zaynie's cough recipe

Palm oil n Sugar
1 cube st luios sugar
And sizeable palm oil.
Crush the sugar in d palm oil in a small cup.
Give him a spoon(tsp) every 2 hours or as soon as the cough is coming.

iomoge2 also recommends in of her posts
Ori n a pinch of salt.
Melt ori n d pinch of salt in a metal spoon.
That is put d spoon over fire.
Then pour the melted oil n salt into a plastic spoon and blow till cool. U can use ur finger to checkbor ur tongue.... then give ur baby.
Let him swallow it.
Its relieve is instant. Give as often as needed.
Then find d root cause of the cough...
It could even be perfume...or powder.
Just watch closely.

Thanks mama. God bless you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
jazzyjazz has ur bae started crawling? Uptill now mine has not o nd he 10month o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2017
roseval:
jazzyjazz has ur bae started crawling? Uptill now mine has not o nd he 10month o

Yes o. Expert crawler now o
He even holds furniture to walk now

Maybe your son wants to walk instead. That's why they said crawling is not a milestone for babies because not all babies crawl

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2017
Hello mamas, please i have come again oo. Sometime ago i mentioned that my son spits out alot and some mamas here told me to burp him between feeds and hold him upright afterwards for some mins before putting him down.
Well i have tried it but he still keeps spitting out. Thing is he can go a week without spitting out so much and the next week he is back at it.
He doesnt eat much at a time, could spend about 5/10 minutes and he is okay, so i dont think he is being overfed.
He is gaining weight, weighed 3.4kg and 6kg at 10 weeks.
The spit out often comes with a burp and sometimes i just see it trickle down from his mouth.
It gets much sometimes that it can get to the floor while he is on my shoulder.
It is not forceful and he doesnt cry afterwards.
I have spoken to my doctor about it but she thinks it is normal and he will stop wih time.
I have even tried formula to rule out my breastmilk being the issue but he still spat out some of it
Please mamas is this normal? I have to change bibs like 3 times a day which is not a problem when i am at home but it can be a lil embarassing when we go out.
What can i do again please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 6:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Yes o. Expert crawler now o
He even holds furniture to walk now

Maybe your son wants to walk instead. That's why they said crawling is not a milestone for babies because not all babies crawl
am so disturb hope is not only me dat waka come o
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
roseval:

Does he scoot?
Using his bombom to move around
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
spiceeamiee:
What pcm did you use? Panda? That did nothing for my baby when she had her 6weeks immunisation. She had strong fever for over 48hours and I was so scared until a nurse told me to buy Calpol. It's a stronger med specifically for post immunisation fever. It's quite pricey (about 3k)But it's well worth. You may not be able to get it in most pharmacy but check Health/Med plus. Hope your LO feel better soon

Tanx to all mamas that advice on wat to do.it's panda I used. He is better now..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:54pm On Oct 06, 2017
queensnow:
Cc jazzyjazz mama bikko how did u handle the soybeans for Tom brown

I didn't
My MIL made the Tom Brown for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:56pm On Oct 06, 2017
roseval:
am so disturb hope is not only me dat waka come o

No dear

But does he use bum bum to move on the floor? Or whenever you keep him, do you usually come back and notice that he's not at the exact spot again?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 7:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

No dear

But does he use bum bum to move on the floor? Or whenever you keep him, do you usually come back and notice that he's not at the exact spot again?
Yes, he use his bum bum to move around, if he is sleeping nd he wake he will sit up by himself
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
roseval:
Yes, he use his bum bum to move around, if he is sleeping nd he wake he will sit up by himself

Then I don't think there's anything wrong with him.
Like I mentioned earlier, crawling is not a milestone for babies. Because not all babies crawl. Some babies go from sitting to walking.
So fret not. Since he's scooting then he's fine. Also, put toys at a little distance from him to encourage him to move.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
eksbabe:
Hello mamas, please i have come again oo. Sometime ago i mentioned that my son spits out alot and some mamas here told me to burp him between feeds and hold him upright afterwards for some mins before putting him down.
Well i have tried it but he still keeps spitting out. Thing is he can go a week without spitting out so much and the next week he is back at it.
He doesnt eat much at a time, could spend about 5/10 minutes and he is okay, so i dont think he is being overfed.
The spit out often comes with a burp and sometimes i just see it trickle down from his mouth.
I have spoken to my doctor about it but she thinks it is normal and he will stop wih time.
I have even tried formula to rule out my breastmilk being the issue but he still spat out some of it
Please mamas is this normal? I have to change bibs like 3 times a day which is not a problem when i am at home but it can be a lil embarassing when we go out.
He would outgrow it. My baby's own was out of this world. Her reflux game was on fleek from birth. The paed refused to discharge us the day she was born cuz she was spitting up after every meal and it continued this way until around week 20. Sometimes when she spits up, you have to bring mop cuz it would be all over the floor like someone threw up. The burbing and everything didn't help much. For the past two weeks it just seems to have stopped, haven't seen her spit up or maybe it's because her diet has changed to food that's a bit thicker. Either way she's stopped. As long as it's not bothering her, Take bigger, thicker face towels when going out and spread it on your shoulder to avoid getting baptised. It will pass.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by roseval(f): 7:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Then I don't think there's anything wrong with him.
Like I mentioned earlier, crawling is not a milestone for babies. Because not all babies crawl. Some babies go from sitting to walking.
So fret not. Since he's scooting then he's fine. Also, put toys at a little distance from him to encourage him to move.
My dear sis i have try dat o, what he does he will just laid flat on d floor nd begins to roll till he get to where he is going

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
eksbabe:

It's normal with some babies o, my son had same issue but it stopped around 6-7 months, the only thing I did different was "not tightening his diaper and reducing pressure around his belly".
It's quite embarrassing sha but try to get a lot of bibs and handkerchief for cleaning the milk. I am really hoping my baby girl doesn't experience same.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Eminya(f): 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2017
Amhappy:
My 15month old is having this cough that goes and come. We have been to a ped twice,taken ampiclox and erythromycin. And the cough is back. She's not coughing up anything. I am now using honey and diluted lemon juice,warm water ,palm kernel oil etc. Tomorrow i will take her back to the doctor but i don't want another antibiotic. What else works for cough?
Try to rule out allergy, for my son once he eats groundnut he coughs a lot and it doesn't go even after taking oral/i.v antibiotics. It had to be treated with allergy meds when he was properly examined.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
Thanks alot Eminya and Giddyperson. Was so relieved to read that you two also experienced it with ur babies so i'm not alone.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2017
roseval:
My dear sis i have try dat o, what he does he will just laid flat on d floor nd begins to roll till he get to where he is going

There's nothing wrong with him dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
tinnymerit:
pls mummies, what can I use to cure this? They z it's alefo
Doesnt look good at all. What do the doctors say it is.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Twogreatnations: 1:32am On Oct 07, 2017
tinnymerit:
pls mummies, what can I use to cure this? They z it's alefo

Please take her to the hospital I plead and see a lead/ dermatologist. Its not looking good.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 3:06am On Oct 07, 2017
Hello mamas in the house, biko how do u get rid of baby's stubborn milk stain in there tongue (my baby ia almost 2 months). I use wash cloth and dip in water to clean d tongue gently but it is still there. Pls help a first time mum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 5:17am On Oct 07, 2017
suremum:
Hello mamas in the house, biko how do u get rid of baby's stubborn milk stain in there tongue (my baby ia almost 2 months). I use wash cloth and dip in water to clean d tongue gently but it is still there. Pls help a first time mum.

You cant do more than that.. Pls stop cleaning...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:25am On Oct 07, 2017
I planned to sleep in this morning. Doesn't this boy know that we don't wake up at 5 on Saturday's?

angry angry angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by J0hnTrevolt(m): 6:53am On Oct 07, 2017
Hello great mamas.
This forum has really assisted me a lot in my times of need. I hardly comment here cos its mostly women affairs stuff. Lol. Know it that we truly appreciate u mothers of our little ones.

Back to my issue.
After the birth of my baby a year now, my wife keep complaining that one of her breast is far bigger than the other and this is quite true.
She's really worried.
I'v told her to calm down that it cud be as a result of breastfeeding tho I dnt know.
Plz mamas, is this normal?
Will this normalize?
She blames d baby so much for this.
This our first baby.
Tnx as I await ur response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 07, 2017
Abiagirl777:
How are we including this bodypart cheesy
Chai, dix is sooooo Zizi.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:23am On Oct 07, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Hello great mamas.
This forum has really assisted me a lot in my times of need. I hardly comment here cos its mostly women affairs stuff. Lol. Know it that we truly appreciate u mothers of our little ones.

Back to my issue.
After the birth of my baby a year now, my wife keep complaining that one of her breast is far bigger than the other and this is quite true.
She's really worried.
I'v told her to calm down that it cud be as a result of breastfeeding tho I dnt know.
Will this normalize?
This our first baby.

She shouldn't blame baby now. Haba!!!! One breast is always bigger than the other and even my left is bigger than my right breast. So no issue on that. Tell her if she's really worried she should go see a doctor to calm her down. Your wife should not play a blame game on innocent child oo Biko.

Good morning everyone, how's the weekend going

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2017
suremum:

I didn't wash my baby till 3 month and it clear itself. So no worries
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2017
So my cousin just called molfix diaper "Mozilla Firefox " cheesy cheesy cheesy

She said they deserve the name because the diaper de fire ilan bumbum cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Enque
Naomi11
Hunniesuzie

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:40am On Oct 07, 2017
hunniesuzie:
I planned to sleep in this morning. Doesn't this boy know that we don't wake up at 5 on Saturday's?

angry angry angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
My son woke up at 5am too, then he stood up holding the head of the bed, then he pooped. When he finished, he started beating me cry When he was done with me, he sat on his father's face with his smelly diaper

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:43am On Oct 07, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Hello great mamas.

Back to my issue.
She's really worried.
Will this normalize?
This our first baby.

My left breast is alot bigger than the right breast. Mine is due to breastfeeding as breast fed more on the left than the right (the right was badly bruised and bled after I gave birth)

In fact, there are times that I dress up to go out and the difference between both breasts is very obvious but I don't care, It doesn't bother me and I even use it to joke with my husband all the time. I even use it to joke when my son.
Your wife should not blame the baby please. It's normal.
It may normalize in her next pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 9:22am On Oct 07, 2017
Akorkor:

I didn't wash my baby till 3 month and it clear itself. So no worries
Thanks ma, i will just leave it till it ciears.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 9:25am On Oct 07, 2017
perfectcrown:

Thanks ma.

You cant do more than that.. Pls stop cleaning...

(1) (2) (3) ... (1183) (1184) (1185) (1186) (1187) (1188) (1189) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.