Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412420 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 8:53am On Jan 01, 2013
helixmanager:

Thanks for the site you suggested,however,your 28yrs experience is required here.

Make your submission and also let the house know in clear terms why you think I am an impostor,just to convince all you are not typing from Yaba Left.

In one of my posts I stated that this forum doesnt replace the hospital but a place where where mothers can get first hand information.So take your advice home as large percentage of mothers here are educated.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bkodi: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2013
@helixmanager,many thanx my sister.I normally add the 123 milk to her golden morn cereal and guinea corn.
Yes she has started taking "adult food" too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bkodi: 10:28am On Jan 02, 2013
@hannydarl & helixmanager......halleluyah the war is over!
haba sisters, we value ur opinions oo, so pls may this peace remain oo...somebody say Amen oo!

Seriously though I appreciate. I will try the Nido and see how it goes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
bkodi: @hannydarl & helixmanager......halleluyah the war is over!
haba sisters, we value ur opinions oo, so pls may this peace remain oo...somebody say Amen oo!

Seriously though I appreciate. I will try the Nido and see how it goes.

I finnaly found that Nido one plus hellixmanager was talking about. It is foriegn and quite scarce here. A can goes for 1600 or 1800 bucks. I asked a doctor friend of mine and he said since kid of 1yr old has started supplementing his milk with other foods its okay to give that other Nido. He said to suppliment with multi vitamin drops or syrups daily. I don tire for all these factory produced stuff. Wish I had a cow I would give my 1yr old well dilluted fresh cow milk. And cooked with it too.

Enjoy baby and happy 2013.

Abeg, any other parent in the house who can tell if its okay to give cod liver oil to my 18 mos old?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hello mums

Baby girl is a month old now. How time flies. She is growing well and has gained weight every one comments on her cheeks but she got that from her dad's side.

She Is having gas and sometimes feels uncomfortable passing gas. I burp her well before laying her down on her back. She is still only breast milk. Last night she was really fussy due to the gas. Abeg, is there any of our naija food that I should avoid?

I have also tried gripe water and gas drops. They give relief for a little time only.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2013
hannydarl:

I finnaly found that Nido one plus hellixmanager was talking about. It is foriegn and quite scarce here. A can goes for 1600 or 1800 bucks. I asked a doctor friend of mine and he said since kid of 1yr old has started supplementing his milk with other foods its okay to give that other Nido. He said to suppliment with multi vitamin drops or syrups daily. I don tire for all these factory produced stuff. Wish I had a cow I would give my 1yr old well dilluted fresh cow milk. And cooked with it too.

Enjoy baby and happy 2013.

Abeg, any other parent in the house who can tell if its okay to give cod liver oil to my 18 mos old?

if its the bottle one from seven seas i guess then yes u can give.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
Julesbloom:

if its the bottle one from seven seas i guess then yes u can give.

Ok. Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
[quote author=ciscamustexcel][/quote][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#770077][/color].pls I need help my little angel is 5wks old and from birth she refused to be bosom fed. Though once in a while she sucks without crying bt she prefers the formula I give to her I actually stArted giving her NaN 1 and after thw first cup @ D second she stArted stooling each time she takes it. So I changed it to SMA 1st infant and she now poos only once in a day and sometimes she struggles to do it. Though she I do express the brea
st milk into feeder for her and she enjoys it but I feel its not enough for her cos I get up to 50-60ml of breast milk for her dAily and for the rest of the day she takes sma Gold do u think she will be fine. And she eats up to 10 times in 24hrs cos the milk no longer satisfy her.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 03, 2013
ciscamustexcel: [/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#770077][/color].pls I need help my little angel is 5wks old and from birth she refused to be bosom fed. Though once in a while she sucks without crying bt she prefers the formula I give to her I actually stArted giving her NaN 1 and after thw first cup @ D second she stArted stooling each time she takes it. So I changed it to SMA 1st infant and she now poos only once in a day and sometimes she struggles to do it. Though she I do express the brea
st milk into feeder for her and she enjoys it but I feel its not enough for her cos I get up to 50-60ml of breast milk for her dAily and for the rest of the day she takes sma Gold do u think she will be fine. And she eats up to 10 times in 24hrs cos the milk no longer satisfy her.

50-60ml of ur bossom milk is too little, which means ur milk supply is small. i wil jux suggest u eat good meal and try to bossom feed her directly frm the source cox dat alone wil enhance ur milk production.
r u stressed or depressed? cos its also one of the reasons for low or little supply of ur bossom milk. sma contain high lactose n dats y ur baby struggle to pooop it also make babies gas alot. nan 1 is a good milk but why not try cow & gate milk n see if it wil go down well wit ur baby. feeding 10x in a day both bossom milk n formular is okay, how many mls do u give in a single feeding and how many hours do u wait to feed her again.
if u ans all dese questions den we can tek it frm there to knw the solution.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lullabi: 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2013
hi everyone, sorry no reply from me since, been so busy trying to get ready for work, i have just one week to return to work-no nanny(dont like d idea of daycare), baby refused to take SMA, been on BF since birth just confused, Baby is also 11weeks and weighs 5.7kg, hope its okay cos i saw a baby that weighed 7kg at 10 wks and at birth both weighed 3.3kg
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 5:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Julesbloom:

50-60ml of ur bossom milk is too little, which means ur milk supply is small. i wil jux suggest u eat good meal and try to bossom feed her directly frm the source cox dat alone wil enhance ur milk production.
r u stressed or depressed? cos its also one of the reasons for low or little supply of ur bossom milk. sma contain high lactose n dats y ur baby struggle to pooop it also make babies gas alot. nan 1 is a good milk but why not try cow & gate milk n see if it wil go down well wit ur baby. feeding 10x in a day both bossom milk n formular is okay, how many mls do u give in a single feeding and how many hours do u wait to feed her again.
if u ans all dese questions den we can tek it frm there to knw the solution.
tks for d reply. I feed her on demand. I give 4spoons to 125ml per meal. I try not to bottle feed her yesterday till mid day if she will agree to be bossom fed but still she bluntly refused and I had to extract it and give to her in bottle and she took it. The problem is not my nipple cos d DR said its okey. By today @ the hospital she sucked directly from the breast for a lonG while and some hours later I tried to bossom feed her again she refused bluntly.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
ciscamustexcel: tks for d reply. I feed her on demand. I give 4spoons to 125ml per meal. I try not to bottle feed her yesterday till mid day if she will agree to be bossom fed but still she bluntly refused and I had to extract it and give to her in bottle and she took it. The problem is not my nipple cos d DR said its okey. By today @ the hospital she sucked directly from the breast for a lonG while and some hours later I tried to bossom feed her again she refused bluntly.

when u said 4 spoons of milk to 125ml water, r u talking of the spoon inside the formular container?
Sumtyms patience is all we need wit our lo's. So pls be patient whyl u apply all methods of feeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hannydarl(f): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
Helloo moms, lil one has been running high temp for a few days now. Took her to the doctor and she is beed treated for malaria . Her temp wouldn't come down and she was refusing to eat but only drink. So here is a trick my sister used: she bought sprite(7 up will work too) put some in a cup and added like 1/4 teaspoon to it and gave her(make sure it tastes like coconut water let the sugar surpass the salt a little). It worked like a charm. She felt GOOD. It worked faster than the regular ORT out there. But I don't know if a baby at 6 or 8 mos can take a little of it. But I think a 9mo to 1yr can take it but not a full bottle at once o give a little and give water and regular ORT if baby would accept from time to time through out the day.

Had to come back. Doctors in the house is there any danger from doing this?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sugar001(f): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2013
Meal time is getting annoying and frustrating as my LO seems to be a picky eater. He is 9months and not looking healthy. Are they mothers here that would advice the use of force @ feeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 15, 2013
sugar 001: Meal time is getting annoying and frustrating as my LO seems to be a picky eater. He is 9months and not looking healthy. Are they mothers here that would advice the use of force @ feeding.
y not give ur lo wat he likes rada dan forcing him to eat wat he dosent like.
My lo hates nestle cereal but love friso n pap, so i give her wat she likes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2013
Helloo mummies,pls what food can i introduce now to my 6mths old baby oo,i'm tired!can i give her golden morn now,any suggestion? Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2013
imurboss: Helloo mummies,pls what food can i introduce now to my 6mths old baby oo,i'm tired!can i give her golden morn now,any suggestion? Thanks.
dont give golden morn, go to supermarket u wil see cereal for 6 months old baby, also u can give pap. Www.wholesomebaby.com, wil give u varieties of food for ur baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helixmanager: 4:50pm On Jan 15, 2013
Happy New Year everyone!

I have been very busy with preparation for this Year PANCOF (20th -26th January 2013) in Enugu.

Wish you all a productive year.

imurboss: Helloo mummies,pls what food can i introduce now to my 6mths old baby oo,i'm tired!can i give her golden morn now,any suggestion? Thanks.

Have you tried any Infant cereals?If not,try start with Rice based and later with wheat or maize based (when introducing wheat for the first time watch out if there are no allergic reaction).Make it a bit watery if your baby has been exclusively breasttfed for the first 6months.Varieties are Friso,Cerelac....

You said you are tired?like you have tried a whole lot?share your experience,Goldenmorn in NO NO as advised by Julesbloom.

sugar 001: Meal time is getting annoying and frustrating as my LO seems to be a picky eater. He is 9months and not looking healthy. Are they mothers here that would advice the use of force @ feeding.

No No,you need patience.Do you know temperature of the food might even make a baby reject food?funny?Babies can't talk but reacts.Do you also know that the kind of plate and spoon can make a baby look forward to meal time?funny too? Kindly follow the advice given by Julesboom.

On a second thought,is it a case of low appetite or being picky?These are 2 different things.
Please provide ample information to get more information.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tjskii(f): 9:20pm On Jan 15, 2013
Hello mums,abeg I need help o,since my lo hit 10months,hez refused to eat any adult food only cereal(cerelac),annoying thing is that befor this he had a healthy apetite,he wud take noodles,amala,potatoed any and evrything u giv him,but now he just spits out adult food and sticks to cereal,at first I felt he was probably teething,hence d loss of interest in adult food,but he turned 1 on sunday and stil retains this attitude,I'm thinkin of putin him in skool by feb or march,but I'm worid cos I don't kno if he shud be takin cereal in skool, undecided

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
Okkkkk,thanks mummies in da house-Julesbloom,helixmanager. The website was very useful and worthwhile too.I was able to get the wheat cereal(cerelac)and i hope to introduce it to madam today,i hope she likes it.Thanks a bunch.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and you all are doing a great job. I have definitely learnt a lot.

I have a few questions of my own. First of all, I am a first time mum.

I have a 4 week old baby and I am having issues with diaper rash. I have used one or two creams but no difference. I have also just bought sudocream, my sis inlaw suggests that I should also air my LO's butt even after using sudocream and then subsequently used vaseline. Please are there any other suggestions?

My girl gases a lot, I am wondering if it's from something I ate, someone told me to discontinue milk, I am wondering what I can eat to replace that nutrient. Please I am very very open to suggestions.

Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 18, 2013
corrall: Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and you all are doing a great job. I have definitely learnt a lot.

I have a few questions of my own. First of all, I am a first time mum.

I have a 4 week old baby and I am having issues with diaper rash. I have used one or two creams but no difference. I have also just bought sudocream, my sis inlaw suggests that I should also air my LO's butt even after using sudocream and then subsequently used vaseline. Please are there any other suggestions?

My girl gases a lot, I am wondering if it's from something I ate, someone told me to discontinue milk, I am wondering what I can eat to replace that nutrient. Please I am very very open to suggestions.

Thank you.
are u EBF or FF?
The sudocream is ok n wil clear ur baby rash within days, also make sure u change the diaper more often.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
Julesbloom:
are u EBF or FF?
The sudocream is ok n wil clear ur baby rash within days, also make sure u change the diaper more often.

Thanks for your reply...I am mixing but more of BF and chipping in water and formula once in a while.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2013
corrall:

Thanks for your reply...I am mixing but more of BF and chipping in water and formula once in a while.

if u r givn sma gold den dat cud be 1 of the reason.
Wil brb
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hi mummies
This first time mum here is a bit worried
My son is 11weeks+, he's stopped takin breastmilk as he used to, tho he's healthy and always playing. Few days back, I introduced him to COW n GATE 0-6mnths
I literally force it down his throat
Breastmilk, he won't take
Baby milk too, he will use his tongue to push it out
I hav given him vitaminC and Beco
Still same
I am kinda worried
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 19, 2013
Hello diamindlove, please check in his mouth to see if he hasnt got an infection. Does he have a temp & is irritable? He may have a sore throat.

Just to be on the safe side, pls take him to a doctor so that he is checked over. It will also put your mind at rest.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by diamondlove: 9:46am On Jan 19, 2013
They doctors said I have a healthy and happy baby
I am just so worried becos he so eats a lot
I think he has even lost weight
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2013
Julesbloom:

if u r givn sma gold den dat cud be 1 of the reason.
Wil brb

I actually chip in sma 0-6 months... Come to think of it, maybe that is the cause, please any advice?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2013
corrall:

I actually chip in sma 0-6 months... Come to think of it, maybe that is the cause, please any advice?

sma gold has lactose n some babies r lactose intolerant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by meerkat(m): 8:42pm On Jan 19, 2013
same here, my 11weeks baby on sma gold+breastmilk has been gasing seriously. does it mean her system does not accept the sma gold
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2013
Julesbloom:

sma gold has lactose n some babies r lactose intolerant.

Ok...

Hmmm, which one do you think is better, that will not give her gas?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2013
Julesbloom:
when u said 4 spoons of milk to 125ml water, r u talking of the spoon inside the formular container?
Sumtyms patience is all we need wit our lo's. So pls be patient whyl u apply all methods of feeding.
corrall:

Ok...

corrall:

Ok...

I want to thank all who have posted on this side its really been helpful.I will like to announce to U̶̲̥̅̊ all that my lil Angel wis now breastfeeding without tears. smiley I A̶̲̥̅♏ so happy

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.