Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391334 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pamperme: 1:50pm On Feb 19, 2013
@baby,

i think you should wait till 6months. it is even stated on most cereals.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joymary7(f): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
Pamperme: @baby,

i think you should wait till 6months. it is even stated on most cereals.

there re cereals for baby from 4 months old...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pamperme: 5:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
joymary7:

there re cereals for baby from 4 months old...

Toh, haven't seen one before o. No probs then, what's the name,so that @baby can use it coz the ones i see around usually starts from 6+.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hi, My baby is 5 months and 3wks today, he hs bn on EBF. Over a wk ago now i discovered my bossom milk did nt satisfied him again especially at night. I just started friso gold rice with sma gold for him 2day. I started with 2spoons friso & 2 spoon sma with 100ml of water. I dont knw if it is 2 much or 2 small. Then he was playing wt d feeding bottle as if its a toy or teething soother. He only eat on spoon even water wht can i do for him to accept feeding bottle. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joymary7(f): 7:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Pamperme:

Toh, haven't seen one before o. No probs then, what's the name,so that @baby can use it coz the ones i see around usually starts from 6+.

i know of cow and gate rice cereal, fruity porriadge, banana and strewberry and others. Atlests tht was wat i used for my son, it comes in varieties and different stages(ages). If u walk ino any store tht displays a lot of baby food u will see cereals for 4 month old babies. Even bledine too .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pamperme: 9:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
Cool then, may be for the next baby...
My LO is already 10months and he eats lots of solid homemade foods. I only give him Friso wheat and Heinz fruit cereals for breakfast (he wont take any other cereal)lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2013
Issfat: Hi, My baby is 5 months and 3wks today, he hs bn on EBF. Over a wk ago now i discovered my bossom milk did nt satisfied him again especially at night. I just started friso gold rice with sma gold for him 2day. I started with 2spoons friso & 2 spoon sma with 100ml of water. I dont knw if it is 2 much or 2 small. Then he was playing wt d feeding bottle as if its a toy or teething soother. He only eat on spoon even water wht can i do for him to accept feeding bottle. Thanks

There's nothing wrong with spoon feeding ur son at dis age. My boy also went fron EBF to spoon feeding at about 51/2 mnths, in fact some nurses might advice you to not to use the bottle cos the teat might harbour some germs if not properly sterilised. For water, get him a sippy cup with a soft tip so he can use it to soothe his gums, it might take a while but he'll eventually get used to it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by demmykay: 11:47am On Feb 21, 2013
@debsolat hw is ur babys health now? I hope he is doing well nd much stronger now. Just to know hw he is faring. Pls do send me d recipe whenever U̶̲̥̅̊ re chance to. M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ email demykay@yahoo.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by corrall(f): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
Please who knows the price of an electric breast pump, n please where can I get one in Lagos ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by k4kenny(f): 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
You might get from one of these big department stores like shoprite, I got d manual one about a year and a half ago and it cost 1200 bucks at d time so d electric one wud definately be more expensive.

Also you can try shopping sites like amazon and ebay and convert their prices there to naira so u can get an idea of how much it'll be.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 4:47pm On Feb 25, 2013
Ikota shpping complex has a lots of shops that sell electric pumps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 5:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hello Mummies in the house, I have a set of twin boys who are almost 5 weeks old. The bigger one has rashes all over his face. My Pediatrician said its heat rashes but all attempt to get rid of it has failed. New rashes keeps appearing as the old ones fade away. He has had it for almost 2wks now. Does anyone know what I can do to remove the rashes permanently? The other twin doesn't have any rashes at all. Although 2 days after birth, his whole skin peeled off from head to toe and I was told its normal. The peeling has stopped and his skin returned to normal. The one with the rashes didn't have his skin peeled off at all as against speculations. Pls anyone who knows what I can do to get rid of the rashes can answer.
Thanks All, for the great job u're doing here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2013
Blendy77, congrats on your twins. My son had the same thing. It is ifo i.e excema. I noticed that heat made it worse. I used shea butter and it worked like magic. At first, i used baby Tribotan but it would return once i stopped using it. But the shea butter was excellent. I now use the shea butter all over his body. He has never had nappy rash and that face rash has not returned.

It also prevents that rash around the mouth and neck that babies get from teething. Good luck.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2013
Thanks Blank, am currently using shea butter on their skin right from day 3 of birth cos they both reacted to the Johnson products I bought so was adviced to use shea butter and sebamed soap. I think its heat rashes cos new rash keeps appearing after old ones disappear he only has the rash on his face and forehead.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by younggirl: 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2013
Pls mothers in the house,I need help with my toddler! I tried giving her peak 123,but I noticed she reacted to it! It made her purge so I stopped! I dnt know if anyone can suggest any oda milk that I can use for her! Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Devosequence(f): 4:19pm On Feb 28, 2013
Good day mothers in d house.my mama is a year +2months should she start taking to Milo ?thanks as I await ur response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2013
@blendy I don't think it is heat rash especially because both babies are in the same room and temperature should affect them simillarly if not identical. Is the rash more on the forehead. Or the checks?

Most babies have heat rash on their back and bellies.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 10:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Moms my voice got deeper during my 2nd trimester and by the time I had my baby , I could not talk on the phone with out people thinking I was a man. Now 3 months after delivery, and am back to work and when i talk on the phone it still sounds deep. People around me have gotten used to it. But I have not. Abeg did anyone else experience this. What can I do. I have tried google but a lot of people said it was hormonal and will probably stay like that. any suggestions

I know someone else who after pregnancy could not wear her shoes. Na wah what our body goes thru.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 9:23am On Mar 01, 2013
Camry this my twins no dey behave like twins at all o, what affects one most times doesn't really affect the other. When they were born, one reacted badly to Johnsons products less than 48hrs after birth with red rashes and patches all over his body while the other twin wasn't affected. The one that wasn't affected had his skin peeling off from head to toe while the other didn't shed off his skin. So they both don't react to things at the same time.
The rashes is only on his cheeks and forehead. I had cause to believe its heat rashes cos it clears off or rather looks better when we sleep with AC but had to stop it when my mum opposed it even at 28 degrees. Although most of the rashes had gone off this morning as their room was a bit cold last night. The rash appear more during the day when the weather is hot. Is it tru that dusting powder peels their skin? Was thinking of using it on his face when it appears again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 11:39am On Mar 01, 2013
Blendy77: Camry this my twins no dey behave like twins at all o, what affects one most times doesn't really affect the other. When they were born, one reacted badly to Johnsons products less than 48hrs after birth with red rashes and patches all over his body while the other twin wasn't affected. The one that wasn't affected had his skin peeling off from head to toe while the other didn't shed off his skin. So they both don't react to things at the same time.
The rashes is only on his cheeks and forehead. I had cause to believe its heat rashes cos it clears off or rather looks better when we sleep with AC but had to stop it when my mum opposed it even at 28 degrees. Although most of the rashes had gone off this morning as their room was a bit cold last night. The rash appear more during the day when the weather is hot. Is it tru that dusting powder peels their skin? Was thinking of using it on his face when it appears again.

I dont mean to disrespect your mum but please sleep with AC. Just make sure that they are well covered as in vest and sleepsuit (blanket if you are co sleeping). They will sleep better and the rashes will clear up. Let them get used to AC abeg. Even babies like good things. I was always scared of my first baby catching cold so was always over covering him with vest, sleepsuit, blanket, shawl. The doctor at the hospital i went for his first checkup told me that he was overheating and it could cause sleep nightmares if he sweats like that at night. She encouraged AC and i have never regretted that advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 11:41am On Mar 01, 2013
Devosequence: Good day mothers in d house.my mama is a year +2months should she start taking to Milo ?thanks as I await ur response

I think it is okay. Just leave sugar out of it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Blendy77(f): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
Thanks Blank, you couldn't have said it any better cos my Doc advised same thg. Its just that my mumsie keeps reminding me of my younger Sis Children who are constantly on admission for cold related cases. As a first time mum it just won't pay me to be arguing with her hence I tot there could be other ways of getting rid of the rash.
You didnt say anythg about dusting powder. Can it be used on their face without any side effect?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
I used dusting powder on my first kid but the pediatrician advised against it. Said it could cause asthma from the baby inhaling the dust from the powder. I tried to use something to apply the powder but it still got into his nose so I stopped.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 7:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
blank: I used dusting powder on my first kid but the pediatrician advised against it. Said it could cause asthma from the baby inhaling the dust from the powder. I tried to use something to apply the powder but it still got into his nose so I stopped.

as for the dusting power issue, use a talc free powder for example a powder that is cornstach based has less fumes. My daugther had rashes (during the winter) on her stomach and back we used dusting poweder to clear it up but then it caused her skin to become really dry and then we started dealing with dry skin /eczema issues. shea butter help alot for the dry skin.

I feel your mom on the AC issue. I think it better for a baby to have heat-rash than a cold. My sister's daugther had a cold as a baby, it was hard to watch her cough.

Most importantly do what you think is best o jare. if you turn on the AC then make sure they well covered.

My love your twins.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by clily: 12:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hello new mums in d house..pls I need ur opinions on d best baby cream, soap and oil to be used on new borns dat doesn't cause irritation..tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Issfat: 1:05pm On Mar 02, 2013
Hi lovely mummies, how can i serve my 6mnth baby wt purity apple am i gvn him directly on mixing wt water. Secondly, one of my baby's hand and leg is having a yellowish spot but not eczema hv bn using shea butter snc he is 3mnth bt d spot hs nt disappear what can i do.Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ifyemma(f): 7:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
pls what is shea butter and where can i find it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Cilly I'll recommend sebamed baby range of products. I used them for both children from day 1 and I've not had cause to complain. Some people say it's expensive so you may have to consider your pocket.
Issfat, the way I serve my baby purity foods is by simply pouring it out into her bowl and heating it a little, then I feed her. No need to add milk or water.
Ifyemma, shea butter is ori. Depending on your location you can get it from the market where they sell herbal roots etc there's also the packaged one. I got mine from the hospital I used for ante natal.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lullabi: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
@blend, try to wipe babys face with a clean face towel whenever u notice some sweat on her face. I think the sweat if left on her forehead for a while can trigger the rashes. It worked for my baby, u may try it too. Say hi to the twins.
Mothers pls I still bleed 4 months after a csection, is this normal?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
hey Blendyy77. i am really happy for you on the birth of ur twins. thank the Lord Jesus for answering us in his waiting room. i remember how u advise it that ivf section. praise the lord for u and ur family. it shall be well with u all. as for ur babies i suggest u use savlon for their bath and use a mild soap like cussons baby soap. johnsons baby products are quite harsh,it affected my baby too. the cussons baby soap is okay cos of its mildness. then try using sheabutter and tribact(its new).its what i used for my daughter when she had some rashes that were springing up here and there. i am still using it with sheabutter and coconut oil mixed together. her skin is very smooth. it clears heat rash too.pls try it. a nurse actually recomended it to me cos it was what she was using for her new baby. i was sceptical at first but now i can testify
as for dusting pwder, u can use agnesia( its is in a red tin)u can use it on their body at nite to bed.. (its what i do)

@blank., pls where is ur pedeatrician located. i need one. i dont have any around my area here except general hospital and we know what that means
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omogemi: 9:48pm On Mar 02, 2013
and yes llulabi is rite. when they are sweaty clean them up. as for me when her clothe is soaked in sweat, i just change her clothes imm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:58pm On Mar 02, 2013
omogemi:
@blank., pls where is ur pedeatrician located. i need one. i dont have any around my area here except general hospital and we know what that means

I use the pediatrician in the hospital where I gave birth, Lagoon hospital.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.