Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4392031 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2013
corrall:

Ok...

Hmmm, which one do you think is better, that will not give her gas?

NAN1 is good, cow&gate is good. But Nan is more economical. Nigeria Sma is good, is in a white n pink container

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helixmanager: 9:33am On Jan 21, 2013
corrall:

Ok...

Hmmm, which one do you think is better, that will not give her gas?

If your pediatrician confirms your baby is lactose intolerant,then he should recommend a lactose free formula because breasttmilk also contain lactose.I know Nestle has a NAN lactose free infant formula.

Others like NAN1,FRisogold1,SMA gold,Lactogen,Cowbell infant formula contains Lactose.

Some of the symptyoms for Lactose Intolerance include diarrhea,bloating or gas about 30 minutes or more after breasttfeeding.

Lactose intolerance is quite different from Milk Allergy.

When you notice running nose,dry,itchy rash and slight swelling of the face(esp. lips)after breasttfeeding or formula feeding,those are signs your baby is allergic to one of the milk proteins.

I remember a case where the mother used infant formula and didn't tell us the baby also reacted to her breasttmilk,after changing formula with no result she confessed and we placed her on a special formula from Isomil/similac.She was glad!

meerkat: same here, my 11weeks baby on sma gold+breastmilk has been gasing seriously. does it mean her system does not accept the sma gold

Was she gasing seriously while on exclusive breasttfeeding?When did you start noticing it? Please prompt response.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 4:54pm On Jan 21, 2013
My people, i am back.

My chairman is still refusing the potty at 23months. I cannot believe he is going to be 2 and still actively using diapers. I have tried different styles. His school said i should let him wear pants more and take him to the toilet more. I wear him pant and i take him to the toilet every 30 mins without fail, yet he will poo/pee on the floor immediately i bring him out.

Yesterday, i was so angry when i saw him pooing on his pant just as i brought him down from the potty i almost smacked him in anger. My husband had to take him away. I need a lasting solution.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 5:04pm On Jan 21, 2013
My 2nd son is 4 months now and i am thinking of starting him on solids. I wanted to do the whole 6 months exclusive but he is physically draining me. He eats well during the day (not too much sha) but wakes up every 30 mins to 1 hr at night. He wakes up, sucks for 10mins and then goes back to sleep. I started him on formula just before he goes to bed. It helped a little by making him initially sleep for about 3 hrs and then the whole merry-go-round resumes.

I am exhausted by not getting enough sleep and always having to carry him out of his bed etc. I am not working optimally and sometimes i transfer the aggression to his elder brother cos that one is also another handful.

Help me someone b4 i lose it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maran1983(f): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2013
Blank, we are in the same shoes about the potty training thing. My son's pediatrician suggested I get a more comfortable potty as he may not like the one I've been trying to get him to use so I bought two different types but he's still not taking to it. To say I'm tired confused is an understatement, I've decided to let him be though I still try him on the potty when I'm fully home on weekends.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joymary7(f): 8:23am On Jan 22, 2013
blank: My 2nd son is 4 months now and i am thinking of starting him on solids. I wanted to do the whole 6 months exclusive but he is physically draining me. He eats well during the day (not too much sha) but wakes up every 30 mins to 1 hr at night. He wakes up, sucks for 10mins and then goes back to sleep. I started him on formula just before he goes to bed. It helped a little by making him initially sleep for about 3 hrs and then the whole merry-go-round resumes.

I am exhausted by not getting enough sleep and always having to carry him out of his bed etc. I am not working optimally and sometimes i transfer the aggression to his elder brother cos that one is also another handful.

Help me someone b4 i lose it.
u re not alone dear, my son too did d same tin and i started him on cow and gate rice cereal but it still didnt help, i think he wld change wen d time comes, i dont believe it is about feeding
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by meerkat(m): 11:47pm On Jan 23, 2013
@helixmanager, no she wasnt gasing when i was exclusively breast feeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 6:18pm On Jan 26, 2013
hi mummies, its been a while i post here, i have been following every post silently though,.... How are our kid doing? Pls my big boy is now 9months but just yesterday he started trowing up whenever he is been feed with pap, and the same pap is wat he has been feeding on, for the past 4months now without stress, am a bit confuse pls someone come to my rescue... Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2013
Welcome back mr. Threadstarter. If its only pap he's throwing up, then stop giving him and give him other meals. by now he should have started boiled yam/potato, beans cooked without peel, soft amala and semo alongside his cereals. Have you dewormed him before? No harm in doing that. This is the age when they put almost everything in their mouths.

@blank
We're both still in the same predicament o. I don't know what to do anymore. I've started puting him on toilet seat soon as he wakes (that's when he poos), works most of the time. At times he won't want to sit on the seat, soon as I put him on the ground he poos angry. I'm tired of spanking and twisting his ears. I know he'll come around when the time comes. This is a person that was potty-trained before he could walk. Just suddenly rebelled against the potty, its like all the months of potty-training went out the window. Good thing he's weewee trained tho, no more night diapers grin.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Baxilexi(m): 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2013
Goodday mothers,
i'd like to address the potty training issue.
A child in the second year of life is supposed to get comfortable with the potty.
There is a psychosexual angle to this which if not properly handled will evoke behavioural problems later in life. Such as disorderliness, compulsiveness etc
The anal stage is a time where a child seeks gratification from voiding. Be that as it may, if the child is over indulged its a problem and undergratification may also cause a problem. What you should try doing is find any means possible to help the child achieve this developmental milestone asap.. Smacking is allowed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by shilees(f): 3:37am On Jan 27, 2013
Mothers in the house, may God bless our children.I follow this thread daily.my baby is doing great thank God.
When ma baby was like two months his Pooh was green & he Pooh immediately after every meal,I was worried & I asked questions this forum was very helpful.this was what the peditrician at our health centre said;
Drink a lot of water everyday & d Color of d Pooh will change to yellow-it worked
Watch ur sugar intake & d Pooh willl be okay-it also worked.
As for d waking up like three to four times in d night,av accepted it as normal.& am doing xclusive.
Hope dis will b helpful.take care of ur baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2013
Thanks domnique, how is your gift doing? We deworm him @6months, though the doc told us to do it again after 9months so i guess its time again abi? But does it means he doesnt want the pap anymore?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 11:34am On Jan 27, 2013
@ayobarmy. He's doing fine preparing for his sibbling smiley.
Babies change constantly. Their meat today could be their poison tomorrow. there was a time my son rejected pap for months (tho he didn't throw it up). I gave him other foods and now he's taking it again. Once your child is not taking to a particular meal, stop it for the moment and continue after a while.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 2:26pm On Jan 27, 2013
dominique: @ayobarmy. He's doing fine preparing for his sibbling smiley.
Babies change constantly. Their meat today could be their poison tomorrow. there was a time my son rejected pap for months (tho he didn't throw it up). I gave him other foods and now he's taking it again. Once your child is not taking to a particular meal, stop it for the moment and continue after a while.
thanks dearie I pray the one coming now, will be twin.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2013
ayobarmy: Mummies pls how safe it is for an 8weeks old baby boy to sleep on his chest??
it is only safe if he has an independent head movement. if not he may surrforcate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 9:39am On Jan 29, 2013
corrall: Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and you all are doing a great job. I have definitely learnt a lot.

I have a few questions of my own. First of all, I am a first time mum.

I have a 4 week old baby and I am having issues with diaper rash. I have used one or two creams but no difference. I have also just bought sudocream, my sis inlaw suggests that I should also air my LO's butt even after using sudocream and then subsequently used vaseline. Please are there any other suggestions?

My girl gases a lot, I am wondering if it's from something I ate, someone told me to discontinue milk, I am wondering what I can eat to replace that nutrient. Please I am very very open to suggestions.
Thank you.
I have been using cussons vasline/ jelly on my Lil's butt each time I change her diaper s and I have not noticed any redness or rash and I often change her diapers she is already two months and one day. Maybe u should try that. Hi mums I A̶̲̥̅♏ having a lil issue with my little treasure. she poos each time she finish eating.but breastfeeding and formula feeding. She gasses a lot and d poo looks like blended melom(with small seeds) in it. Both my mum, mother in law and friend, even the one's in circle of moms (an international forum for mums) said its normal but I A̶̲̥̅♏ worried. though D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ said she will get over it bt its making Me feel it will make her not to gain weight. she is just too young to be teething (2months and 1day old today) though I have started bathing her with teething soap. I feed her with Aptamil infant formula
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2013
Hi mums I A̶̲̥̅♏ having a lil issue with my little treasure. she poos each time she finish eating.but breastfeeding and formula feeding. She gasses a lot and d poo looks like blended melom(with small seeds) in it. Both my mum, mother in law and friend, even the one's in circle of moms (an international forum for mums) said its normal but I A̶̲̥̅♏ worried. though D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ said she will get over it bt its making Me feel it will make her not to gain weight. she is just too young to be teething (2months and 1day old today) though I have started bathing her with teething soap. I feed her with Aptamil infant formula. She has taken nan it made her pop sma gold made her constipate and gas a lot and see what aptamil and breast milk is doing to her. I hope she is not reacting to aniything. No rash no swollen lips but just gasing and having discomfort after feeding.

(Modify) (Quote) (Rep
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by camrygmail: 7:29am On Jan 30, 2013
[quote author=ciscamustexcel] Hi mums I A̶̲̥̅♏ having a lil issue with my little treasure. she poos each time she finish eating.but breastfeeding and formula feeding. She gasses a lot and d poo looks like blended melom(with small seeds) in it. Both my mum, mother in law and friend, even the one's in circle of moms (an international forum for mums) said its normal but I A̶̲̥̅♏ worried. though D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ said she will get over it bt its making Me feel it will make her not to gain weight. she is just too young to be teething (2months and 1day old today) though I have started bathing her with teething soap. I feed her with Aptamil infant formula. She has taken nan it made her pop sma gold made her constipate and gas a lot and see what aptamil and breast milk is doing to her. I hope she is not reacting to aniything. No rash no swollen lips but just gasing and having discomfort after feedi

(Modify) (Quote) (Rep[/quote

The yellow poop is normal for breast fed babiea and also the pooping after each meal.

My daughter is also 2 months . And Dr said the wfrequency of her poop will reduce as they grow.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 9:35am On Jan 30, 2013
ciscamustexcel: I have been using cussons vasline/ jelly on my Lil's butt each time I change her diaper s and I have not noticed any redness or rash and I often change her diapers she is already two months and one day. Maybe u should try that. Hi mums I A̶̲̥̅♏ having a lil issue with my little treasure. she poos each time she finish eating.but breastfeeding and formula feeding. She gasses a lot and d poo looks like blended melom(with small seeds) in it. Both my mum, mother in law and friend, even the one's in circle of moms (an international forum for mums) said its normal but I A̶̲̥̅♏ worried. though D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ said she will get over it bt its making Me feel it will make her not to gain weight. she is just too young to be teething (2months and 1day old today) though I have started bathing her with teething soap. I feed her with Aptamil infant formula

Your baby is fine. Colour of poop is excellent. It is good for them to poop after every meal while they are young so that they will have space for the next meal. Gassing will happen but she will soon outgrow it. I had the same issue with small gold causing constipation. Started using nan 1.

Which one is teething soap? Never heard of it and I doubt that it is necessary. Even teething powders have very minimal effect.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ciscamustexcel(f): 10:44am On Jan 30, 2013
blank:

Your baby is fine. Colour of poop is excellent. It is good for them to poop after every meal while they are young so that they will have space for the next meal. Gassing will happen but she will soon outgrow it. I had the same issue with small gold causing constipation. Started using nan 1.

Which one is teething soap? Never heard of it and I doubt that it is necessary. Even teething powders have very minimal effect.
*•.¸( *•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*.
«´¨`°•.◦ †нªηк's ◦.•°´¨`»
¸.•* (¸.•*´♥`*•.,)`*• For the reply. At least I A̶̲̥̅♏ relieved.
teething soap is one black soap usually sold by D yoruba people. It works cos that's what my sisters used and D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣ could hardly notice any symptom of teething on their kids until the teeth appears.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 2:09pm On Jan 30, 2013
I also used the teething soap for my son and he had a lot of teething discomfort when he was teething. Maybe its not meant for every baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by baby6: 3:28pm On Jan 30, 2013
Pls, mothers, my exclusive breast fed baby has not had a bowel movement for two days, mayb three counting today, is it okay.
Also she is three month and cos i have to resume work, I want to introduce formula, is it okay to give Ribenna to a three month old baby.
Also, is there a dosage to multi-vite for a baby?
Thanks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blank(f): 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2013
@baby:
Pls, mothers, my exclusive breast fed baby has not had a bowel movement for two days, mayb three counting today, is it okay.
Also she is three month and cos i have to resume work, I want to introduce formula, is it okay to give Ribenna to a three month old baby.
Thanks.

I remember when my baby had no bowel movement for 3 days. I started eating plenty oranges and other such laxatives. Still it entered the fourth day, i was so worried, i took him to the doctor. The doctor turned him over, rubbed his bum with vaseline and then inserted his gloved finger high into his bum. (Sorry for being so graphic). The poo started coming out very thick and plenty. He told me to do same if he gets constipated again for more than 3 days.

Introduce formula but dont give Ribena to your baby. Give little water so that she doesnt become constipated.

Most multivite drops (make sure the multivite is from 0 months) say 0.3ml. Its on the dropper. If its Abidec, its the lowest mark on the dropper.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by baby6: 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2013
Thanks a lot, would try it.
Sum1 advise putting methylatum in d bum.
Is it okay
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 4:13pm On Jan 30, 2013
@baby:
Thanks a lot, would try it.
Sum1 advise putting methylatum in d bum.
Is it okay

That was the method my MIL used when my son didnt poop for days. She rubbed some mentholatum on cotton bud and inserted it in his anus, not fully tho about half the length. He pooped within minutes. If you can't do it find someone around you who can.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joymary7(f): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2013
plz i need help!! My 6 months old baby has refused to eat, he only take bossom milk which is obviously not satisfying him. I have tried all d different types of food i see in d store but he is not taking anyone. He takes pap but he gets rashes all ova his face, ear and buttocks after taking pap.Plz is there anytin i can do abt it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Debsolat(f): 3:30am On Jan 31, 2013
@baby:
Thanks.

Hi there, exclusively breast fed babies don't poo as often. My son used to go 4 days without doing anything. If you are concerned, take his legs and move them in a cycling position a few times. It will help his digestive system. I won't advice sticking fingers/menthol/Vaseline or whatever in his bum. Ribena is not suitable for under 3. At least that's what it says on the packet. Gradually introduce formula during the day few weeks before resuming work in order for him to get used to it and for you not to be engorged. Replace 1 feed with formula and then 2 then vice versa but you can still breast feed at night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Debsolat(f): 3:33am On Jan 31, 2013
joymary7: plz i need help!! My 6 months old baby has refused to eat, he only take bossom milk which is obviously not satisfying him. I have tried all d different types of food i see in d store but he is not taking anyone. He takes pap but he gets rashes all ova his face, ear and buttocks after taking pap.Plz is there anytin i can do abt it.

What is it with Pap people? Stop giving it to him. Depending on where you live, you can start with giving him tsp of baby rice/ground rice mixed with his milk. Cook apple and purée it for him. You need to be consistent with it. Pm me and I can email you various recipes you can try. It takes perseverance but he will catch up and eat soon. Don't despair.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Debsolat(f): 3:36am On Jan 31, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm a first time mum to a 91/2 month old baby boy. Hubby and I seem to be getting the hang of things as we have no physical help here. He started nursery few weeks ago and he's settled well. I'm here if you have questions and also to learn from others.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pamperme: 10:21am On Jan 31, 2013
We used the teething soap (black soap) too and i didnt know his teeth were out until he bit my fingers one night and i screamed " Greg's teeth are out", lol. i think the soap works sha!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 2:00pm On Jan 31, 2013
@pamperme,my mum just bought the black soap for me and i just started using it today,hope it works sha.Madam already started growing (two) teeth @ 6mths+ . I'm using the soap and also giving her the drug(piccan)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omopretty1: 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2013
Debsolat, i live in Lagos can you please email me the recipes i can feed my 7months baby. My email address is omopretty@gmail.com thanks.

Debsolat:

What is it with Pap people? Stop giving it to him. Depending on where you live, you can start with giving him tsp of baby rice/ground rice mixed with his milk. Cook apple and purée it for him. You need to be consistent with it. Pm me and I can email you various recipes you can try. It takes perseverance but he will catch up and eat soon. Don't despair.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.