Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1368) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4403914 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mamanicole: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2017
Akorkor:

Firstly give her ORS to replace the water she has lost during stooling.
Watch out for whatever she ate last night or likewise she maybe teething
Give paracetamol to reduce the temperature
Be watchful and if it persist please take her to the hospital. God protect her
shes not taking the ors at all,she keeps pushing away the bottle but she drinks water very well and I still breastfeed her but she took the zinc .Can the water n breastmilk aloNe rehydrate her?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2017
mamanicole:
shes not taking the ors at all,she keeps pushing away the bottle but she drinks water very well and I still breastfeed her but she took the zinc .Can the water n breastmilk aloNe rehydrate her?

Other more experience mama will shook mouth. Let me copy them for you
Cc: Zaynie, liftedhands,alphahandmaiden,enque
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2017
Mamas please where can I buy pre packaged Tom Brown in Lagos?
Cc enque
Giddyperson
Zaynie
Hunniesuzie
queensnow

Beningnasweety please how did you prepare yours? How many hours did it take you to make it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2017
No please it won't. My baby had this recently and the pead was calling always to make sure it was the ORS she was taking. No water. Just BM or Formular, zinc and ORS. The OR has all the electrolytes she is losing. Water is does not have it.

mamanicole:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
mamanicole:

Plenty water, yes. But just because she has pooped 3 times which is still manageable and because she isn't vomitting.
ORS is to replace both the water and electrolytes lost via watery stools and vomitting

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Cc enque
Giddyperson
Zaynie
Hunniesuzie
queensnow

Beningnasweety please how did you prepare yours? How many hours did it take you to make it?

No idea.
My kids never ate it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2017
mamanicole:
Good morning mamas,pls kindly come to my aid.My 17 months old daughter is stooling,this morning alone she has pooped 3 times n am seriously bothered cause she looks lean and shes also teething n drooling but no temperature so I suspect its because shes teething.Pls mamas ,what can i use to stop the stooling?

Zinc, ORS

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 5:47pm On Dec 02, 2017
U can get soybeans powder in stores like shoprite, some supermarket sells too then u make ur crayfish and gnut powder separately
How to prep (how I sabi am)
Soy beans
Yellow or white corn (optional)
Millet (optionla)
Guinea corn (optional)

Additional
G.nut (optional)
Crayfish (optional)
Plantain dried (optional)
Sweet potatoes dried (optional)

U can only choose soybeans + one grain i.e soybeans+corn or soybeans+millet whichever one u want. Gently select ur grains to pick dirt and stones, then fry the grains (soybeans+yellowcorn)one at a time slightly, fry crayfish, fry ur g.nut (without oil)
Put the soybeans in a separate pack this will enable the miller to help u separate the shaft b4 grinding it with the fried corn.

Note: some babies react to seafoods and groundnut so if u will be using crayfish and gnut u might want to blend it separately but if u want to use dried potatoes and plantain u can blend it with the grains.
I only gave my son soybeans powder as he refused crayfish and groundnut, I end up using it to make groundnut soup thats th advantage of grinding it separately cheesy
spiceeamiee:
Cc enque
Giddyperson
Zaynie
Hunniesuzie
queensnow

2 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:02pm On Dec 02, 2017
The day I asked I was told it's not available so I never bothered with it cos my arse is lazy grin

spiceeamiee:
Cc enq.ue
Gidd.yperson
Za.ynie
Hunnie.suzie
que.ensnow

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Cc enque
Giddyper..son
Z..aynie
Hun...niesuzie
qu...eensnow

Sorry no idea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2017
jazzyjazz:

Please ma'am how's the treatment at Nisa premier? I plan to switch to them in my next missionary journey. Limi hospital is becoming too crowded
Sorry @jazzyjazz just see this...Sincerely I will give them a good review. Antenatal classes and checks were good. Delivery was good. Postnatal checks for the baby and I was also really good. The downside is the money grin no be small money to born pikin there. But if money dey or u have an HMO then you are very good to go.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2017
TMI..... Is green poop normal in a formula fed baby? Also, is the weight loss normal? Two weeks into transitioning from exclusive into formula? He takes 180mls per feeding
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Licious07(f): 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2017
sabi mamas pls is it ok to give my 6 month old biscuits?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eksbabe(f): 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Hey Teamie, when you say you do not need milk, does that mean no formular is added to it? Can you please take a pic of the pack lemme see?

Hii mama, i meant no need for additional milk cuz it has been added to it already.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itissettled3: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2017
My dear, I had some words wey I for like use for the pastor.

He is 150% now. Very active.

hunniesuzie:
Lol. No be say you wan jump and pass naim you don drop like 2 different advice options. If you no come jump and pass nko grin

How our twin? 100% now?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2017
kelizosuy:
Choil shocked shocked How many pages to catch up with..

You mamas are doing a great job kiss kiss
Hunniesuzie and enque I haff found a lasting solution to my long throat for Adele's food oh embarassed embarassed embarassed
After buying two tins of formula in less than 12days my eyes yaff clear... Anytime I want to lick it, I just remember the price and drop it back.

Choil shocked shocked
good for you longer longer
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:36pm On Dec 02, 2017
Licious07:

Sorry @jazzyjazz just see this...Sincerely I will give them a good review. Antenatal classes and checks were good. Delivery was good. Postnatal checks for the baby and I was also really good. The downside is the money grin no be small money to born pikin there. But if money dey or u have an HMO then you are very good to go.

Without HMO, do you know how much they charge for delivery and antenatal? I use Limi Hospital presently and they charge 150k for antenatal and delivery but I discovered they only do 1 week post natal check up. I know post natal check up should also be done at 6 weeks

I know they are expensive. Just wanted to be sure they are worth the money
I use an HMO though... But the hospital far from my house sha

Thanks for the response ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2017
Thanks Maami... hehehe

Sansa143:
Imagine,wen his mates are sleeping he is shining his 32 tongue.Cute boy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Cc enque
Giddyperson
Zaynie
Hunniesuzie
queensnow

is it the same as brown pap? coz dats wat my baby takes with soya mixed powder
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumJJJ(f): 11:21pm On Dec 02, 2017
eksbabe:
Hii mama, i meant no need for additional milk cuz it has been added to it already.
Please how many grams is that. do they have other cereals or just this porridge. Does it come in a pack of six for #6900 or you decided to buy the six.
please I need more explanation on it cos I want to introduce cereals this month. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 1:08am On Dec 03, 2017
Mic check....
Mic check.... grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:22am On Dec 03, 2017
It's a mixture of soya beans and different things

realtalk19:

is it the same as brown pap? coz dats wat my baby takes with soya mixed powder
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:23am On Dec 03, 2017
Thank you. Will look for it. A quick one please, how many spoons does your LO finish at once and how thick is your consistency?

eksbabe:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:24am On Dec 03, 2017
Ok ma

enque:

Sorry no idea
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 3:24am On Dec 03, 2017
I'm dreading making it but MIL is on my neck. Smh

hunniesuzie:
The day I asked I was told it's not available so I never bothered with it cos my arse is lazy grin

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 4:22am On Dec 03, 2017
Thank you but no vex I go bed ask you plenty questions.
1. For the groundnuts, can I buy pre packaged ones?
2. For sweet potatoes, shebi i am not cooking it before drying?
3. Which one be millet abeg? How does it look like?
4. For the main preparation, will I take small of each ingredient and mix and make like ogi? Will I cook on fire like ogi?

This thing Na work sha *wipes brow*

queensnow:
U can get soybeans powder in stores like shoprite, some supermarket sells too then u make ur crayfish and gnut powder separately
How to prep (how I sabi am)
Soy beans
Yellow or white corn (optional)
Millet (optionla)
Guinea corn (optional)

Additional
G.nut (optional)
Crayfish (optional)
Plantain dried (optional)
Sweet potatoes dried (optional)

U can only choose soybeans + one grain i.e soybeans+corn or soybeans+millet whichever one u want. Gently select ur grains to pick dirt and stones, then fry the grains (soybeans+yellowcorn)one at a time slightly, fry crayfish, fry ur g.nut (without oil)
Put the soybeans in a separate pack this will enable the miller to help u separate the shaft b4 grinding it with the fried corn.

Note: some babies react to seafoods and groundnut so if u will be using crayfish and gnut u might want to blend it separately but if u want to use dried potatoes and plantain u can blend it with the grains.
I only gave my son soybeans powder as he refused crayfish and groundnut, I end up using it to make groundnut soup thats th advantage of grinding it separately cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 4:40am On Dec 03, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Mahoti:
good for you longer longer

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 5:05am On Dec 03, 2017
Ok ma. Thanks

zaynie:

No idea.
My kids never ate it

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:13am On Dec 03, 2017
Moaba:
TMI..... Is green poop normal in a formula fed baby? Also, is the weight loss normal? Two weeks into transitioning from exclusive into formula? He takes 180mls per feeding
Green poop occasionally for FF babies is okay.

RE: weight. Baby's age and current weight

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:18am On Dec 03, 2017
Licious07:
sabi mamas pls is it ok to give my 6 month old biscuits?
IMo, not good.

Too much processed salt and sugar

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Moaba(f): 7:49am On Dec 03, 2017
5months. Was at 9kg before but presently at 8.1
ifyalways:

Green poop occasionally for FF babies is okay.

RE: weight. Baby's age and current weight
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 8:38am On Dec 03, 2017
So I came to testify to the Glory of God... My daughter refused food for some months now.. Eats only swallow, rice and ripe plantain. I visited d pead, them say leave her she is saving you cost. I wasn't OK with that hanza cos her weight was dropping and she wasn't taking milk only water! MIL suggested I dewormed her, Dr say no need till one year. So I decided to do it after some tots(nothing lost) I gave it to her and d very not day she started eating her normal baby foods. Praise the Lord grin

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1365) (1366) (1367) (1368) (1369) (1370) (1371) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.