Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,382 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400492 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2017
We no want,go n admire Adele tongue tongue
kelizosuy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hian grin grin So I cannot admire handsome bobo again? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2017
On my way grin
jazzyjazz:

Oya comman take it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2017
South-South Mamas please come here and represent... embarassed

https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3921

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2017
Jazzyjazz, I have been waiting for this afang recipe, I make it but how will one cope with the periwinkle in shell with sooooo much sand and mud. Any tactics of cleaning? For afang leaves also call okazi, I blend with blender.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 7:20pm On Dec 09, 2017
hotmomma:
Jazzyjazz, I have been waiting for this afang recipe, I make it but how will one cope with the periwinkle in shell with sooooo much sand and mud. Any tactics of cleaning? For afang leaves also call okazi, I blend with blender.

I don't use blender because it will make it too smooth
I like to taste the roughness of the afang know my soup

For the periwinkle, what I do is, after I wash thoroughly, and multiple times, I put it in a bowl, I cover it with another bowl, then I shake it. I do that for a few mins then I rinse thoroughly again and I repeat the process till its very clean
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 7:26pm On Dec 09, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Sansa143:
We no want,go n admire Adele tongue tongue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 7:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
jazzyjazz:

I don't use blender because it will make it too smooth
I like to taste the roughness of the afang know my soup

For the periwinkle, what I do is, after I wash thoroughly, and multiple times, I put it in a bowl, I cover it with another bowl, then I shake it. I do that for a few mins then I rinse thoroughly again and I repeat the process till its very clean

Kk, thanks mummy Ilan
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 8:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
Am i the only one who finds the suck suck periwinkle bitter or with s weird taste?I have tried to like it but i dont understand...

And isnt it possible thaf one can suck in maggots or decayed ones?Is there a way to know fresh ones cos it makes me to buy the already deshelled ones.

Cc. Jazzyjazz

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 8:51pm On Dec 09, 2017
LadySarah:
Am i the only one who finds the suck suck periwinkle bitter or with s weird taste?I have tried to like it but i dont understand...

And isnt it possible thaf one can suck in maggots or decayed ones?Is there a way to know fresh ones cos it makes me to buy the already deshelled ones.

Cc. Jazzyjazz

When preparing the shelled periwinkle for cooking, the decayed ones have a bad smell

The reason why you get that bitter taste is because when you suck it, the "tail " also gets in your mouth (I called it tail cos i no get another name for am)
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2017
Make Una come follow m buy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Yesitsme(f): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
More

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Dr. Sanusi. Matron is yellow (I don't know her name)

Now you know I know

Hehehe

hehehe...
probably the vaccination schedule just resemble your own smiley Dr Salako is our MD though the Matron is yellow as well. She's been in that hospital for close to 30yrs. I know dat much cos it's our family hospital before I got married sef...
I wanted to believe you before before cos the hospital is quite close to your axis.

Now I know it's not the same hospital

hehehe.
Mucas Hospital is the name.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2017
beyedew:
My beautiful cappo, how is Ini and how are you adjusting to motherhood? Hope you have gotten the hang of it. My love to your fam.
Cc pweetiebabe
My lovely Teamie, motherhood has been my sweetest experience so far, especially when I have to cuddle and breastfeed my DS and him looking @ me with those lovely eyez,i bless God for giving this great opportunity

But I must confess on D oda hand vigilante is not funny, how are your boys? Nice update on ur diary

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2017
kelizosuy:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy I better pass you for that one oh... Infact this last one I bought ehn, I just dey trowey eye anytime I dey make her food..

I resist every temptation grin grin grin
I wish I can trowey eyes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
tombeck:

Hello mama. Please what's d name of the Hospital?

Mucas Hospital Dopemu,Lagos

You can mention your area so that mamas here can equally recommend a hospital that is close to you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tombeck: 12:04am On Dec 10, 2017
JGracious:

Mucas Hospital Dopemu,Lagos

You can mention your area so that mamas here can equally recommend a hospital that is close to you.

Ok.Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LholarB(f): 1:09am On Dec 10, 2017
*whew* finally on the last page..i was going to ask about the Rota vaccine,but some of my questions on it has being answered(thank God I read back in btw Vigilante)...it's 10k at my hospital and I actually thot they were scaming us > grin

Plz mamas that have personally administered the vaccine for their LOs,did u adminster it twice or u had to buy another one or is the vaccine suppose to be taken once.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 2:36am On Dec 10, 2017
LholarB:
*whew* finally on the last page..i was going to ask about the Rota vaccine,but some of my questions on it has being answered(thank God I read back in btw Vigilante)...it's 10k at my hospital and I actually thot they were scaming us > grin

Plz mamas that have personally administered the vaccine for their LOs,did u adminster it twice or u had to buy another one or is the vaccine suppose to be taken once.

I administered it once because we where told that 1 was a full doze so I had to buy it twice at 7 weeks and 11 weeks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maradelkitchen(f): 5:18am On Dec 10, 2017
Good day to all wonderful mamas on this thread
#Longpostalert

Let me start by appreciating all the mamas that has out of their tight schedule been able to answer other mamas question.

I've been following this thread since I gave birth to my DD(now 13months) even though i was not registered then and I can boldly say its has really helped me being a ftm.

DD has been running temperature for some days after given her pcm,it subisdes and after that it shows up again.so I took her to hospital on wed and she was given antibiotic,antimalarial with pcm after given her the drug the temp would come down only to resurface again.

Around 3am on Friday,her temp.was high again and after given her pcm, I decided to log in and read post that I've missed and I saw review on NUROFEN.
Immediately I gave the drug,even though it was another brand,her temperature has been back to normal

God bless all super mamas and their LO's

NB:I hardly ask question(s) here because most time the questions has been treated,so what i do is to read previous post

HELP!!! She has been on BF for the past 6days without food. Also I noticed some rashes on her body and she has been crying frequently than usual,there's decrease in amount of urine passed.
Cc:-) zaynie,enque,Jgracious,Liftedhands and all super mamas

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 5:28am On Dec 10, 2017
maradelkitchen:

#Longpostalert

Let me start by appreciating all the mamas that has out of their tight schedule been able to answer other mamas question.

I've been following this thread since I gave birth to my DD(now 13months) even though i was not registered then and I can boldly say its has really helped me being a ftm.

DD has been running temperature for some days after given her pcm,it subisdes and after that it shows up again.so I took her to hospital on wed and she was given antibiotic,antimalarial with pcm after given her the drug the temp would come down only to resurface again.

Around 3am on Friday,her temp.was high again and after given her pcm, I decided to log in and read post that I've missed and I saw review on NUROFEN.
Immediately I gave the drug,even though it was another brand,her temperature has been back to normal

NB:I hardly ask question(s) here because most time the questions has been treated,so what i do is to read previous post

HELP!!! She has been on BF for the past 6days without food. Also I noticed some rashes on her body and she has been crying frequently than usual,there's decrease in amount of urine passed.

I'm assuming they ran some tests at the hospital and the results was what they used to administer those drugs to her...
Has she completed the dosage of all the drugs??

Whenever my DD has malaria, I notice that her temperature keeps going up till she finishes d last dose of antimalaria...then everything just comes bk t normal. So if ur dd hasn't finished the drugs yet, give it some time, the temperature will subside but if she has finished all the drugs given to her nd is still running temperature, then u may need to go bk t d hospital.

I'm guessing she is on breastmilk cos she has no appetite for her regular food? Is she taking water well? If no, then that may be a reason for d less urine.

Take it easy dear, other mama's will come n chip in more.
She'll be fine ok
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:44am On Dec 10, 2017
Ah. No then. It's very similar. I'll take a pic of mine later for you to see

JGracious:

hehehe...
probably the vaccination schedule just resemble your own smiley Dr Salako is our MD though the Matron is yellow as well. She's been in that hospital for close to 30yrs. I know dat much cos it's our family hospital before I got married sef...
I wanted to believe you before before cos the hospital is quite close to your axis.

Now I know it's not the same hospital

hehehe.
Mucas Hospital is the name.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 7:48am On Dec 10, 2017
maradelkitchen:

#Longpostalert

Some high fever come with rashes. Some fever are caused by viral infection, the body fights it off and it presents as rashes. They come with symptoms like fever, pain and sometimes malaria is detected. The rashes will clear on its own.
For instance, a lot of things we call measles is actually not measles. There are a thousand and one viral infections that the symptoms are similar to measles but are not measles. There’s no test to clearly diagnose measles. There’s no vaccine for them because they are not deadly like measles, rubella and co.
Just like measles, there’s no treatment for them. You just treat the symptoms as it presents itself and boost immunity.

Please note that drug reactions can also give rashes. If it’s itchy, you can use calamine lotion and see the doctor and note the medication.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:08am On Dec 10, 2017
MizMyColi:

I've used three brands of full cream milk...

Kerrygold, loyal, and peak.
It would seem it's gotten worse with Kerry gold.

I'm a bit confused o
Wasn't she formula fed? If she was, formula no b d same category with cow milk?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2017
maradelkitchen:

#Longpostalert

Cc:-) and all super mamas

Glad to hear that neurofen worked for you.

I think you should take your daughter back to the hospital.

This is the 5th day (counting from Wednesday) since she started the medication and by now, there should be improvement in her health.

The high temperature on Friday, loss of appetite, outbreak of rashes, little urination (which is a sign that she’s possibly dehydrated) and frequent crying are worrying symptoms that should be looked into by a doctor.

She might need another type of antibiotics or have further checks carried out. I remember once my son had very little rash which didn’t look really worrying but I took him to the hospital all the same only for him to be placed on two types of antibiotics for 3 days. I was told the rash was the onset of scarlet fever.

So please take her back to the hospital today and tell the doctor all the symptoms you’ve noticed since Wednesday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:38am On Dec 10, 2017
enque:

I'm a bit confused o
Wasn't she formula fed? If she was, formula no b d same category with cow milk?

No, their milk as infants is different from the ones we take as adults.

That's why they call theirs modified cow milk, and you will also find that on whole milk (full/filled cream) labels, they specify not to feed to infants under 12 months.

Moreso, their digestive system is not rugged enough to produce hydrochloric acid, it is a stomach acid that helps break down the proteins found in whole milk.

You will notice that theirs is powdery and light, very light. But ours, is denser and as such heavier.

I have not fed her any whole milk since yesterday and there is visible difference in the way her skin looks generally.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 9:44am On Dec 10, 2017
maradelkitchen:

#Longpostalert

Hi,
I noticed these symptoms on babe back in the day.
Turns out it was measles...watered down measles rash.
Thank God she was vaccinated earlier.

Please go back to the hospital, and inquire if she needs a third dose of the measles vaccine.

This drug called 7 keys helped a lot. A lot. Then piriton syrup and antibiotics, vit c and multi vitamins.

Also, if she takes whole milk...full cream milk, you should stop for a bit.

It could be watered down measles or allergy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helovesme(f): 9:50am On Dec 10, 2017
xeexee1:
Txx mumy d rash doesnt mak him mak him uncomfortable here is d pix

Just as other ladies have said, stop the particular formula you are giving her and see if the rash disappears.

If the rash persists and there’s any changes to her health (eg. High temperature, loss of appetite), then take her to see the doctor.

I don’t really know much about milk allergies so I can’t really suggest another formula for you to try. I do know some babies are lactose intolerant though and there are a wide range of formula/brands that cater to babies with specific allergies.

You might want to speak to your doctor about it (which is the ideal thing to do when you discover allergic reactions in a child that age) and see what they recommend.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:52am On Dec 10, 2017
MizMyColi:

No, their milk as infants is different from the ones we take as adults.

That's why they call theirs modified cow milk, and you will also find that on whole milk (full/filled cream) labels, they specify not to feed to infants under 12 months.

Moreso, their digestive system is not rugged enough to produce hydrochloric acid, it is a stomach acid that helps break down the proteins found in whole milk.

You will notice that theirs is powdery and light, very light. But ours, is denser and as such heavier.

I have not fed her any whole milk since yesterday and there is visible difference in the way her skin looks generally.

So it's OK to conclude ur baby has an allergy to whole milk, or it's one of those things that her system will get used to with time?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realdentist(f): 10:18am On Dec 10, 2017
spiceeamiee:
Omg! So me. My baby started sucking when she was ill and I let her cos it comforted her but now it's something else. Put her on the ground to sit and she bends all the way down to put her thumb in her mouth. On the walker nko, the same thing. I havr to repeatedly wake up to feed her cos with her thumb in her mouth, she is ready to sleep for 10hours straight. I bought a special kind of baby glove and wear it for her but the crying for that follows is not for the faint hearted. My mom says I should leave her but I dont want to. My elder sister stopped sucking her hand in SSS1 when her mates started laughing at her, same with my younger sister and brother. I'm the only one who did not suck my thumb (but I suck mouth sha). What to do? How do i stop her? Even removing the thumb from her mouth, the kind of scream you will hear ehnn, you will not believe it's from a baby.

please don't let her scream stop you. you're doing what's best for her. thumb sucking has a lot of negative effects, among which are changes in shape of palate and poor dental alignment of permanent teeth. plus all the hygiene implications. the longer you leave her to suck, the more difficult to stop it. my daughter stopped sucking in js1. they were telling me to leave her when she first started. I later regretted listening to that advice

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MizMyColi(f): 10:51am On Dec 10, 2017
enque:

So it's OK to conclude ur baby has an allergy to whole milk, or it's one of those things that her system will get used to with time?

She does in the interim, but I'm hoping it's not a long term thing.

Normally, there is milk for 1,2,3,4 year olds.

But I didn't go for that because she seemed to like peak milk a lot, and since she's above one year, I figured it's okay to start her on that.

I was wrong.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:06am On Dec 10, 2017
maradelkitchen:

#Longpostalert

How many days was prescribed for the drug intake? If it's not yet complete, please complete the dosage. If complete and no positive result is seen, Please take her back to the hospital.

If she's not taking enough water, she might be dehydrated.

If no blood test was carried out initially,please insist on having one carried out. That way, you understand what is really happening within her body.

cheers.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:09am On Dec 10, 2017
MizMyColi:

She does in the interim, but I'm hoping it's not a long term thing.

Normally, there is milk for 1,2,3,4 year olds.

But I didn't go for that because she seemed to like peak milk a lot, and since she's above one year, I figured it's okay to start her on that.

I was wrong.

just jejely give her stage 3 of the milk formula she used to take or try peak 123 though I learnt it's too sugary.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1384) (1385) (1386) (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.