Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1392) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4400510 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2017
Dexterush, thank God for preserving your life mama ejima. Speedy recovery.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2017
oamronnie, babe take a deep breath.

He should sleep in the living room and should have a time frame in mind. One year and one year alone. At least you can know how long to hold on for.
Let him stay, hopefully he'll be a good guest.

As for me, no more stay over guests in my house especially in-laws. I've had my fill.
Let the junior wives get the honor kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by greatp80(f): 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2017
[quote author=oamronnie post=63196333]

Well this is so simple if your dh understands. For example, i also lived in a 2 bedroom flat sometime ago. I use one wit my husband and d other for my kids but then, no kids yet, so i turned it to visitors room.
it happens dat a time came wen my younger sister came for dia office training and she was using the room and my brother who stays outside the country also came visiting.
He kept his bags in the room but sleeps at the sitting room. I have extra mattress, so in the night, i bring it out and take it back in the morning.
I can't see my self not sleeping with my husband for a yr under the same roof.
Pls sit him down and talk to him, maybe he will reason wit you.
I also can't share my matrimonial bed with my sister because, there is still an ultanative.
Wish you well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by J0hnTrevolt(m): 12:46am On Dec 12, 2017
Hello mamas, please I need everyone's help on how my wife can successfully wean my one year old son.
The boy is big and hyperactive. He can hardly sleep in the day time without succor to breast. At night he wakes up more than 6 times to suck breast and he's a heavy sucker. All efforts to give him milk, tea, baby food at night fails. If it's not breast at night he'll bring down the roof with cries. He eats anything normal at day time oo.
Plz suggestions are highly welcomed cos my wife is a FTM.
Tnx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:01am On Dec 12, 2017
oamronnie:
I want to rant!

I usually don't do this as I'm not a 'sharer'. However, I need to let out all the anger building up in me. Perhaps, I will feel better after venting.

Here goes!

There is a living room, he should sleep there. I believe one is not to share their matrimonial bed. Not with your family, his family or anyone in between. It is much more than the bed, it is your personal space, My bedroom is the only private place in the house I have. My sanctuary!

If I have more guest than room, the oldest gets rights to the bedroom. If you are all the same age and different sex or not close like that the guys usually takes the gentlemanly road and sleep on the couch or with mattress in the living room floor.

First of all you were not consulted which is very wrong of your husband. If it was an impromptu need to stay for night or a weekend, I can understand but for a year how did he forget to mention it to you.....that needed to have been tabled and discussed at length. At least give you heads up.

Tomorrow morning collect money to go and buy spare mattress, pillow and beddings.

End of discussion

Also Sit him down and give him house rules. What you intend not to accept, lay it out.

Not saying that you should be confrontational but it is good everyone starts the long year how they intend to finish.

Besides he can always find alternative accommodation he is not the only corper in the town. How are the others managing?

Call me harsh but you need to put the reality in perspective to appreciate when one is going out of their way for you or when one is taking the pi$$ on someone who is helping them.

Do not save cost at my own expense and still be maximising my inconvenience.

Perhaps after this, you and your hubby need to have an agreement that ALL house guests are discussed with the other spouse before their requests are agreed. If one person gets a call, you do NOT give an answer UNTIL you have discussed it with the other half. That is my own unspoken rule in my house.

If you call my hubby, he will say ah my wife is not at home yet when she gets back we will let you know

Same thing for me. If the other party arch eyebrow wankind you will just know that is either a no- no or a very brief visit.

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 2:57am On Dec 12, 2017
gigy:
Please help mama's....Where can i buy this (Tom Brown) I have asked and searched all the supermarkets in my area but to no avail. Please whoever know where I can get this in amuwo odofin, Surulere or Lekki let me know. Thanks

Did you get the picture from a known person?
If yes, ask the person to send you the contact numbers/mail on the package.
call the number and ask for the nearest stockist to you.
cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:05am On Dec 12, 2017
J0hnTrevolt:
Hello mamas, please I need everyone's help on how my wife can successfully wean my one year old son.
The boy is big and hyperactive. He can hardly sleep in the day time without succor to breast. At night he wakes up more than 6 times to suck breast and he's a heavy sucker. All efforts to give him milk, tea, baby food at night fails. If it's not breast at night he'll bring down the roof with cries. He eats anything normal at day time oo.
Plz suggestions are highly welcomed cos my wife is a FTM.
Tnx

Take your boy to spend some holiday with his grandma.
or

I know how uncomfortable it feels having a baby crying at night but just close eye/ears for 1/2days with mum sleeping in another room. hopefully he will stop.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:12am On Dec 12, 2017
dexterush:
So it happens that I started feeling pains
In all I thank God for saying no to devil in my life.
Mamas help me thank God.
In case of typos help me manage I can't proof read

Praise God for his tender mercies over you and yours.
Thank you Lord for delivering your daughter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 4:36am On Dec 12, 2017
feddy27:

sweetie, you need to relax and check yourself too..

are you worried? Are you stressed? these are the biggest contributors to milk supply reduction

pap with plenty milk can also help you
I am stressed is putting it lightly! !!! It makes me sometimes too tired to eat.....
I was doing oat and milk as I don't have pap at home
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 6:10am On Dec 12, 2017
zaynie:

Maami, send me a pm please.

You overqualify sef..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Bosslady

grin check your mail maami

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 6:48am On Dec 12, 2017
dexterush:
So
In all I thank God for saying no to devil in my life.
Mamas help me thank God.
In case of typos help me manage I can't proof read
Sorry for your pains. We thank God everything went successfully for you and no organ damage. Quick recovery Dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BritneyStacy: 6:59am On Dec 12, 2017
katchycouture:

I don't think there should be a particular number of times to take it since u need ur breast milk to flow....just take as much as u can.. then stop worrying as worry and stress can reduce the quantity of milk supply...
I don't have pap at home. But for stress, I can't deny I am not stressed! I am and don't know how to go about it cry cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 7:17am On Dec 12, 2017
feddy27:

Teamie! Teamie! congrats baby girl... na me remain o cheesy cheesy cheesy

Thanks sis. You need to borrow liver to do it so that you don't succumb to her wailings
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 7:20am On Dec 12, 2017
Double posr
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by stephmiracle: 7:21am On Dec 12, 2017
Benignasweety:
Seriously its like it worsened it.
We don't sleep at night.
Plz is it an over the counter drug so I can get it tmro?

Yea. You can get it at any Pharmaceutical shop but it might be slightly above 1k or 1k in the market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:11am On Dec 12, 2017
oamronnie:
I want to rant!

I usually don't do this as I'm not a 'sharer'. However, I need to let out all the anger building up in me. Perhaps, I will feel better after venting.

Here goes!

My husband is a very nice guy. Nice to a fault. The kind of niceness that make people take advantage of you. I put an end to the ones I know about immediately. Not gonna let anyone take advantage of my man. But there are times I find out too late and the deed has already been done. That's not why I'm here today though.

Now to the reason I'm angry. Hubby's family friend's son who just got out of camp today came over and shocker, he's staying with us for the duration of his youth service. We stay in a 2 bedroom flat. Hubby and I share a room, my younger sister (who I begged to come so she can take care of DS when I'm at work and also help around the house) uses the 2nd room. Now, a guy has come to stay. Please help me, where do we put him? I would not even have any issues with this if it was a girl. She would just share the room with my sister.

Mr. Nice is saying my sister should join me in our room while he and the guy shares the other room. This is an arrangement that I've agreed to in the past when we've had his friends over but hellooooooo, that was for visits! This is someone that has come to stay for a year! (or more sef, he finishes his service, decides to stay back to search for a job, he gets one, he can't rent an apartment yet, he needs time to save money, settle down, bla bla bla, a year turns to 2... you get the picture?).
Where was I? Ehn ehn, so hubby's arrangement is a no-no for me. I cannot be married and separated from my husband under the same roof. So I suggested that the boy sleeps in the sitting room and hubby is saying no o, that would not be nice.

Me I'm all out of ideas and really pissed off. Come to think of it sef, the boy's parents didn't ask me before he came o. They just gave my husband a call and of course, Mr. Nice wasn't gonna say no. Then they called me to say their son was coming o. What was I supposed to do? Say no after my husband had already said yes?

I cannot even walk around freely in my pants and bra anymore now.

Anyways, he's here now and the question is where to put him.

Mamas that have dealt with a similar situation in the past, biko come to my aid. How did you deal?

Cc
Ifyalways
Onegai
Hunniesuzzie
Zaynie
Hunniesuzzie
Jazzyjazz
Alphahandmaiden
Enque
All other mamas.

Thank God for your life Dexterush. Devil is a liar.
Lol, Pele. Never been in such situation but the ideal situation would be to have the boy sleep in the living room. Perhaps, keep his stuff in your sisters room but sleep in living room.

It's a tough call my dear. I honestly don't know what's "best" in this situation.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 8:51am On Dec 12, 2017
Mamas I greet u people, how are ur little ones doing?
Just want to encourage any mama having issues with their baby not reaching any milestone like sitting,Crawling, standing and walking or even feeding habit. There is time for everything no 2 babies are same. My son didn't like water my mum said because I did EBF now my son drinks water like fish grin. She said he is too fat that why he isn't crawling and cos he started growing teeth he will be lazy to crawl and walk but now the story is different. Just make up ur mind to defend ur lo where necessary and ignore some to make them look stupid. One day I replied my mum and she was silent concerning my baby's crawling skills. I Asked if she has seen anyone they called to bank to come and collect money cos he crawled and walked fast or they gave anyone award that his/her legs are straight cos they started walking early, lets not bother about some stupid people with competitive and comparative mentality.

17 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 9:05am On Dec 12, 2017
@dexterush I thank God on ur behalf. Get well soon dear.

@Oamronnie ur matrimonial room not bed alone is ur temple nobody goes in there anyhow. Most times we consider people to our detriment.
My hubby is also a Mr nice guy oh but there are some things that he wouldn't tolerate. One day hubby's elder brother Came to see him he was in our room, his bro just went straight there cos he wanted to talk to him in private and he told him to step out from our room that its my matrimonial room and lead him to the guest room the man was furious but who cares. Even my mum wanted to be free coming to see my baby sleeping in my room I had to stop her and she felt bad but I didn't.
Pls, prevent the devil from sowing evil seeds.
Life has taught one to think +ve /-ve. Your hubby is a good man with good heart and ur trust him as well as ur sister but don't give the devil a chance.
Imagine ur sister in ur room and hubby goes in there remember its his room and finds her dressed in a certain way that appeals to him devil enters there will be a different story entirely but hubby cant just walk into the guest room cos he doesn't have any business there.
Im saying this cos I have witnessed an elder sis moved out from her marriage for a younger sister to take over her husband cos she was pregnant for him and eventually had 3daughters for him. The family couldn't do nothing just disowned the younger sister.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:39am On Dec 12, 2017
Be there raping innocent man up and dahn, you wee chee chomchin

btw where's LiftedHands?

beyedew:

Oh my ovaries, please stay calm. She's a cutie.
[s]The 3rd cutie I'm seeing on this thread today. Oluwa I jump and pass oo. Afraid is catching me sef.[/s]

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 9:48am On Dec 12, 2017
oamronnie:
I want to rant!

Cheeeiiiiii! Nice guy husbands are truly annoying. I've managed to stop mine from inviting random family members to the house without checking with me, the one we're battling with is Santa Claus spirit now...always borrowing people money that they never return

To your point, dude needs to stay in the living room sorry, there's no 2 ways about it. Also you need to as calmly as possible have a conversation with him about how you guys are now a team, so he needs to check with you before any decision especially involving your space. You may need to reiterate this multiple times before it takes but that's the way the cookie crumbles

BAD ADVICE cool cool cool cool:
[s]Show him pepper. Things must finish more in the house now that you have an extra person, cost of food items has to go up afterall feeding extra mouth is not easy. Use the extra money to spoil yourself as your reward for the extra person in your house [/s]

Please I'm only playing oh, just wanted her to smile, before good women will come and seize my wrapper *runs off*

11 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 9:54am On Dec 12, 2017
Thank you mamas for the well wishes,I really appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Haryanphe(f): 10:07am On Dec 12, 2017
dexterush:

Thank God for your victory. God will continue to give you songs of victory all round.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Be there raping innocent man up and dahn, you wee chee chomchin

btw where's LiftedHands?

See who is calling sombori rapist. You that will eat bread and coke to high urself and go and dance one corner with the innocent man. Better check ur self u are pregnant i will not be ur teamie this time oh.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:21am On Dec 12, 2017
Loooooool, I'm now born again. Enque is my GO. I have left the wicked ways of bread and coke but I still dance one corner sha

Chanbaby:

See who is calling sombori rapist. You that will eat bread and coke to high urself and go and dance one corner with the innocent man. Better check ur self u are pregnant i will not be ur teamie this time oh.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:

Cheeeiiiiii! Nice guy husbands are truly annoying. I've managed to stop mine from inviting random family members to the house without checking with me, the one we're battling with is Santa Claus spirit now...always borrowing people money that they never return

This is the one I'm currently battling with!
If I begin to count how much my husband has in people's hands all in the name of borrow ehn.....

Dis days what I tell him is "remember you have a family o! God forbid bad thing should happen do you think all these people will be there to borrow you when you're in need? "

May God help us

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 10:43am On Dec 12, 2017
dexterush:

o dear, it is well with you. Thank God for victory
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 10:59am On Dec 12, 2017
cc.
jazzyjazz
Alphahandmaiden
Hunniesuzzie
Ifyalways
Zaynie
Beeejaylere
Greatp80
Chanbaby

Hmm, thank you all and God bless you massively. Y'all make it sound so simple. And each advice I read is just making me more angry. I mean, it should be THAT simple! How did I get into this mess?
My sister, thinking she was helping, went to complicate things by telling the guy to go into the room and freshen up last night o. And that was how the guy just packed his bags in and spent the night there. Then, my husband sent my sister to our room to sleep there and I sent her out so she slept in the sitting room. Now, I don't know who I'm more angry at. Myself for allowing all these, my husband for putting me in this position or my sister for being too forward?
I've told this man repeatedly! Let's not start what we cannot continue. Now, how do I tell someone that slept in the room last night that he will be sleeping in the living room henceforth.
I'm just tired. I'm this close to misbehaving and showing my true character o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by oamronnie(f): 11:02am On Dec 12, 2017
I did smile! Thanks dear
hunniesuzie:

To your point, dude needs to stay in the living room sorry, there's no 2 ways about it. Also you need to as calmly as possible have a conversation with him about how you guys are now a team, so he needs to check with you before any decision especially involving your space. You may need to reiterate this multiple times before it takes but that's the way the cookie crumbles

BAD ADVICE cool cool cool cool:
[s]Show him pepper. Things must finish more in the house now that you have an extra person, cost of food items has to go up afterall feeding extra mouth is not easy. Use the extra money to spoil yourself as your reward for the extra person in your house [/s]

Please I'm only playing oh, just wanted her to smile, before good women will come and seize my wrapper *runs off*
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 11:07am On Dec 12, 2017
hunniesuzie:
Loooooool, I'm now born again. Enque is my GO. I have left the wicked ways of bread and coke but I still dance one corner sha

tueh!!!
u dah stee use to sneak agege bread n chop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 11:08am On Dec 12, 2017
oamronnie:
cc.
jazzyjazz
Alphahandmaiden
Hunniesuzzie
Ifyalways
Zaynie
Beeejaylere
Greatp80
Chanbaby

Hmm, thank you all and God bless you massively. Y'all make it sound so simple. And each advice I read is just making me more angry. I mean, it should be THAT simple! How did I get into this mess?
My sister, thinking she was helping, went to complicate things by telling the guy to go into the room and freshen up last night o. And that was how the guy just packed his bags in and spent the night there. Then, my husband sent my sister to our room to sleep there and I sent her out so she slept in the sitting room. Now, I don't know who I'm more angry at. Myself for allowing all these, my husband for putting me in this position or my sister for being too forward?
I've told this man repeatedly! Let's not start what we cannot continue. Now, how do I tell someone that slept in the room last night that he will be sleeping in the living room henceforth.

Breathe dear
The person you should speak with is your husband
Then plainly tell the guy that he would sleep in the living room henceforth
And tell your sister to move back to her room

It's hard, but you can do it

The husband is the head, we the wives, are the NECK
Point your husband in the right direction

May God give you wisdom

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:54am On Dec 12, 2017
"Hello Mr Otondo, welcome to our home, shebi you know that you're a man, and as you can see, we're a young family with limited space. While you are here (during the course of your service) we will try to make you comfortable but you must bear with us. Let the young lady have the room. We will buy a mattress which you will place in the living room/the sofa or rug is nice and cozy (use whichever applies) when you want to sleep. Thank you for your cooperation, if there's anything I can do to make you more comfortable please say so"

Chikena

oamronnie:
cc.
jazz.yjazz
Alpha.handmaiden
Hunni.esuzzie
Ifyal.ways
Zay.nie
Bee.ejaylere
Gre.atp80
Chan.baby

17 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 11:56am On Dec 12, 2017
Smh...

I have decided, to follow Jesus
No turning back
No turning back

grin grin grin grin grin

enque:

tueh!!!
u dah stee use to sneak agege bread n chop

(1) (2) (3) ... (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) (1394) (1395) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.