Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4430466 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
lopside12:

I got some washable diaper too, its machine friendly and i believe its pocket friendly but now my baby is past 3 months old and i have not used them.... After delivery i couldn't stand extra work, now I just they fear to wash shit. When his bowel movement becomes a bit predictable then i can start using them..

Oh, thank you all so much for the imput. I appreciate everyone who responded to me.

Hubby also wasn't too thrilled about the shit part in the machine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 4:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
Good afternoon mama's... please I have a question.

Is it compulsory you use a white coloured gown for christening/naming a baby girl? what if it's a mixture of white & any other colour?
cc: all mama's, TIA.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beautifulrosa: 4:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
Awesomemama:
Mamas my boy is 5weeks old and can take 100mls of formula be hungry again in less than 2hrs. Was giving just BM but noticed it's never enough for him so had to introduce formula.
Atimes I feel like I'm overfeeding him but then again he finishes it and if you give him less he takes it and cries for more.
The little man is not even fat sef cheesy

Dec and Jan mamas that have introduced formula, what quantity does your LO take?

And how will I know when I start lactating well? Is it till my bwess start pouring milk when I'm not breast feeding?
Cc all mamas kiss kiss
Abeg nor waka pass.... eshe

Ur own na 100ml ?
My baby boy issa chopper.
Although the feeding guide on aptamil says to give 5 spoons to 150ml from 4weeks, av been giving only 4 spoons to 120ml o. But this boy no dey belleful
So i had to gv 150ml....thinking he will nt be able to finish it.
For wia! D boy finished it o.

If u see where he is sucking bress, my sis you ll pity me and my bress.
Mumsi said boys are like that sha....

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Graciouscharis:

Heard Alimosho general hospital gives it

Thk u sooo much...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
tatacherie:

You can get flushable nappy liners,so whenever baby poos you just lift it out and flush
Apart from the washables you can also use them for disposable daipers that way you don't change daipers that are still fresh
My dd reacted to some disposable daipers and I was advice to change to a different brand plus always line the daiper with the liners before wearing her and they were of great help
Nappy liners are a life saver
Chai where were you hiding with this information that I have spent money that I want to use and buy land in banana island on disposable diaper? angry cry grin

Oh my so there is something like that for disposables too?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

Is it compulsory you use a white coloured gown for christening/naming a baby girl? what if it's a mixture of white & any other colour?

I didn't use white and quite a number of christening I've attended the baby girls weren't dressed in white.

Its not compulsory joh
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

Not compulsory
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
OmoLayo29:

planning to pick my package from a mama this week. thanks to the giver, God's blessings fall on you more and more
I've gotten my package from MHC. Thanks for blessing my DD with nice clothes
cc Zaynie

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
Not compulsory!
Lilliesbud12:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
Graciouscharis:

You won’t know by merely looking at him.
Does he wet up to six diapers a day?
Some children are heavy eaters that doesn’t mean they will be fat or bigger than their mates.
Also note that at this age, they sometimes eat not because they are hungry but for comfort.
Some of them will later regulate it some will develop huge appetite that if you don’t satisfy them you will be miserable.
Do you want to do exclusive bf for him or combine with formula?
If you intend to breastfeed for long, offer him the both breast first before you use formula to top it up and see how many ml he will take.
Please note that nipple confusion is real and some children finds it easier to suck from the bottle.

Instead of feeding him all the time, play with him first, check the diapers and rock him to see if he will calm down and extend his feeding time. If he persists, feed him after all food is to be eaten.

Before I forget, breastfed babies eat more often because it digests faster.

He doesn't wet up to 6 diapers, maybe 4 - 5 daily.
You right. I think he cries sometimes from stomach pain but sucking is his only comfort.
I intend to EBF him but he never gets satisfied so had to introduce formula as substitute.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
Liftedhands:
You may be allergic to latex, why not try non latex condoms? I do get that peppery feeling the times I used latex made condoms till I switched to non latex.

Durex has non latex flavourd studded condoms for that skin feel and extra pleasurable experience smiley

This one na paid advert for sure Oh! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 7:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
rvpbae:

Oh, thank you all so much for the imput. I appreciate everyone who responded to me.

Hubby also wasn't too thrilled about the shit part in the machine.

First of all let me warn you, they say i dey write plenty Oh! Older members may have mentioned it you, if not... well consider yourself warned.... grin grin grin

To use a machine to wash your diapers:

●You do a rinse cycle first,

●Then a hot wash - max. 60 degrees

●Then do an extra rinse.

If you are exclusively breast feeding, the poop is completely water soluble. So not an issue it will rinse right out. .

Even for formulae feeding it still gets it out. you could do more intensive wash ( not higher than 60 degrees oh or you will ruin your waterproof products)

Washing poop diapers is no different from washing clothes that had a poo explosion or leak on it.

My hubby was the same when we started using nappies at first. To ease his worry I tend to do a maintenance wash on the machine like every 6 weeks ( We should generally be doing this regarly to ensure the insides of the machines are kept clean anyways)

To do a maintenance wash, you wash at your hottest cycle ( 90 degrees). I sometimes use a sanitizer in the wash or add a generous helping of white vinegar to the wash with some normal detergent, Some people add a bit of bleach and let it wash EMPTY. This will help freshen your machine.

As tatacherie mentioned, you can use nappy liners for poop these are more efficient when you start solids however I have always used them even since the pre-weaning days. (As I have always been precious of my nappies not staining)

It catches the worst of the poo. And you just then flush the soiled liners.

I also tend to rinse out poopy diapers and i spray with a very diluted laundry liquid before putting it in the machine or storing it till you are ready to wash.

I know people who can't be bothered with all the above serenren and they have not had any issues.

So it's really not that bad. Considering that if you are lucky you may not even have to wash poop every day, if your baby doesn't poop that often.

8 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

For christening/ naming it doesn't matter, however if you are doing a baptism, then white is the norm as it symbolises Christ washing away all your sins and making you pure.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Christine77:
Hi mums n dads in the house.
My LO is turning 6mnths n I want to introduce semi solids to his meal. Any suggestions plz? N do I make 1 of his meals in addition to breastfeeding? FTM so really have no idea wat I am to do

In addition to what GraciousCharis has said about searching.

You can read the blog on the link below.

http://alphahandmaiden..co.uk/?m=1

I documented all my earlier posts on weaning, tips some recipes in there. It really needs to be updated abit but it's still quite useful I think.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 8:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
Liftedhands:
Chai where were you hiding with this information that I have spent money that I want to use and buy land in banana island on disposable diaper? angry cry grin

Oh my so there is something like that for disposables too?
Funny mama cheesy cheesy
Yeso there are
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
Thank you so much my sisters for answering my question on christening gown... am sorry I can't mention ur names now... I am very satisfied and enlightened by ur answers. God bless you all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
Giddyperson:
So sorry dear, didn't expect it to take this long. He'd be fine. Plenty hugs

Same here but I believe with faith that it'll soon pass. Thanks dear

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lady25(f): 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
A big thank u to all mamas that helped me out. God bless. My mind is at rest now. Thank u

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
fruitfulhome:
Hello Hunniesuzie, so after booking with a health centre for Vitamin A, was at the Teaching Hospital where we do our immunizations. Took my mum for check, so decided to visit the immunization section. I meant another nurse to ask her about the Vitamin A, that my DH is so worried about it. Na so she come calmly tell me that the routine has changed. They give it along side Yellow Fever and measles at 9 months. So we are waiting for our nine months vaccine

Exactly!we got ours on thursday including birthcert.for free here in PH.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 10:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
beautifulrosa:

Ur own na 100ml ?
My baby boy issa chopper.
Although the feeding guide on aptamil says to give 5 spoons to 150ml from 4weeks, av been giving only 4 spoons to 120ml o. But this boy no dey belleful
So i had to gv 150ml....thinking he will nt be able to finish it.
For wia! D boy finished it o.

If u see where he is sucking bress, my sis you ll pity me and my bress.
Mumsi said boys are like that sha....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
All these boys, they won't kee sombori
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nwapastor: 11:50pm On Feb 04, 2018
nwapastor:
Abeg my sabi mamas my girl is a year and four months old and she finds it hard to poo. Pooing time is crying time for her as she will squeeze her face trying to use all her power and might to poo.
Please what is the cause and how should I handle it.
She is still breastfeeding 70 per cent. She eats everything but not much at a time though she prefers swallow and jollof rice.
Please help a troubled mama don't read and pass.
Thank you in advance!
Thank you to all the sabi mamas wey torchlight my matter.
One more thing though: anytime my girl is breastfeeding she normally put her hand on one breast (like playing with the nipples with her fingers) while her mouth is on the other breast. Please how weird is that. Did any other mama ever experienced that?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beyedew(f): 12:46am On Feb 05, 2018
Naomi14:
That school grin
Hmmmm grin!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christine77: 1:24am On Feb 05, 2018
I did but I guess I was using the wrong word. Will try solids, thanks.

Graciouscharis:

Can you patiently search this thread.

Click search on the topmost of this page,
type in introducing solid food in the box and click go/enter.
It will open different search results on Nairaland with another option on the topmost of the page to select the section you want to prioritize the search.
Click on health section and make use of the ample information you’ll get there.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christine77: 1:27am On Feb 05, 2018
Thank you! I had come across the site in 1 of d posts but could not remember the name. Did a search with “mummy’s”... everything but the post. Thanks

gabby18:
@ Christine77 checkout this site as per meals for ur LO.... Someone suggested it earlier... www.mummysyum.com
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Christine77: 1:28am On Feb 05, 2018
Thank you!

AlphaHandMaiden:

In addition to what GraciousCharis has said about searching.

You can read the blog on the link below.

http://alphahandmaiden..co.uk/?m=1

I documented all my earlier posts on weaning, tips some recipes in there. It really needs to be updated abit but it's still quite useful I think.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 2:32am On Feb 05, 2018
nwapastor:

One more thing though: anytime my girl is breastfeeding she normally put her hand on one breast (like playing with the nipples with her fingers) while her mouth is on the other breast. Please how weird is that. Did any other mama ever experienced that?

Yes na....my son did it and my daughter has just started doing it too...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 2:50am On Feb 05, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

First of all let me warn you, they say i dey write plenty Oh! Older members may have mentioned it you, if not... well consider yourself warned.... grin grin grin

Lol. Na real lecture.

But i really appreciate the breakdown, atleast i can convince hubby. I'll send a PM

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 5:53am On Feb 05, 2018
lady25:
Good morning mamas. I have come again. Biko help me again. My son is now 6 weeks we are still doing only breast milk. He seems satisfied. But the problem now is he has reduced his frequency of pooing. He used to poo like 3 times a day but now to poo once in 24 hours is hard labour. My mom had to use warm water in his anus before he could pass poo. He had cried and cried before she decided to do it and immediately he pooed he slept off soundily. Pls help me
You do not have to use warm water in his anus. Babies on exclusive breastfeeding can go 2weeks without pooin g so calm down mayb the discomfort is due to colic which will go with time.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:57am On Feb 05, 2018
nwapastor:

Same with my DD. grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:06am On Feb 05, 2018
nwapastor:

My daughter is 20m+,no longer breastfeeding but still puts her hand inside my clothes to hold the breast

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:12am On Feb 05, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

This one na paid advert for sure Oh! grin grin grin
grin grin cheesy abi them suppose pay me for this free endorsement.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 8:19am On Feb 05, 2018
nwapastor:

lolz my son is expert in that one, he will cry and insist if I remove his hands so I just let him.

Its called twaddling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1508) (1509) (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.