Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,665 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4429514 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
In the statement does it mean good or fine?
FloraEC:

Daalụ nwaanyị ọma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2018
You sure you don't shake him after feeding? Or try to play with him?
PreciousRuby:
I need help please.
I have noticed that my 2months old baby throws up a whole lot after breastfeeding him sometimes and other times little. This happens either when I am trying to burp or after burping him. Should I be worried?
He was 4.6kg upper week and as at Saturday, he had dropped to, 3.6kg. I was at the verge of tears when I was told.
Lastly, I need a good and affordable cream to use for him as I didn't find the coconut oil I was using at the supermarket.
Awaiting your response please. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PreciousRuby(f): 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Mama this sounds like reflux. Please see a paed. That weight loss is a bit much. As for cream I don't know, it's Ori we use

Thanks a lot mama. I will take him to the hospital 2moro.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 5:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
Naomi14:
How old is your baby?
3 weeks and 4 days.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 5:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nimi22:
My ppl pls I have come again help a FTM, I noticed ds has not being peeing the way he does before. On Saturday afternoon I wanted to change his diaper after like 6 hrs and I was surprised to see the diaper still dry, Sunday morning too when I wanted to remove it it wasn't the normal heavy diaper we remove in the mornings. It was a little bit better yesterday, as I type now I checked his diaper and it's still dry since 10am that he's been wearing it has anyone experienced this? Between Saturday and today he has pooed twice.

The weather is damn hot and one is likely to get dehydrated from it. Have you noticed how concentrated our urine is these days. Pls breastfeed your baby often since you are doing EBF. You should equally take alot of water/fluid to meet baby's need as well. Keep an eye on his fontanelle (that area that breathes on his head), make sure it's not sunken. Cheers

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 5:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
Naomi14:
In the statement does it mean good or fine?

Fine woman. Igbo Language can be confusing sometimes, just like we've:
ákwá(cry)
ákwà(clothes)
àkwà(bed)
àkwá(egg)

Mma(good, beauty, fine)
Ọma(good, safe, fine)

Same spelling but different pronunciation(lemme stop before they ban me)

Hunniesuzie if you want to learn Igbo Language, there's a thread for it in culture section

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
FloraEC:
Nimi22 this is the 5th time I'm replying you. Whatagwan?? Who did I offend, if e no post ehh.

Since he's on EBF, is of no use introducing water, increase your water intake well, take fruits too esp watermelon. Do you urinate much too? But he urinates in a day baa.

angry even my keyboard don sabi wetin I wan type

Ok ma Thanks I just went to stock up on fruits now. Yes he does urinate in a day. I was just worried that it reduced.

Sorry about the network ish
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nimi22(f): 6:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
soonest:

The weather is damn hot and one is likely to get dehydrated from it. Have you noticed how concentrated our urine is these days. Pls breastfeed your baby often since you are doing EBF. You should equally take alot of water/fluid to meet baby's need as well. Keep an eye on his fontanelle (that area that breathes on his head), make sure it's not sunken. Cheers

Aiit ma Thanks. His fontanelle isn't sunken.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 6:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
FloraEC:

Fine woman. Igbo Language can be confusing sometimes, just like we've:
ákwá(cry)
ákwà(clothes)
àkwà(bed)
àkwá(egg)

Mma(good, beauty, fine)
Ọma(good, safe, fine)

Same spelling but different pronunciation(lemme stop before they ban me)

Hunniesuzie if you want to learn Igbo Language, there's a thread for it on culture section

Mama... I raise Beyonce hand for u oo
See as u put all the uda-elu, uda-ala and uda-nsuda grin

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beautifulrosa: 6:53pm On Feb 05, 2018
Hello mamas, how are we and our precious ones?

Please, today i noticed the white in my baby's eye has turned slightly redish. I wonder what it is. Plus there is this yellowish discharge i cleaned from his eyes at night. Only at nyt. That one has stopped.

What could possibly be wrong? And what can i do to restore the white of his eyes to normal. He ll be 5weeks on wednesday ans BTW his vaccination is next week.

Ur inputs are important. Kindly help a FTM. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 7:03pm On Feb 05, 2018
HolySteph:
Pls mamas, what is the norm behind covering babies head and keeping them in a hot environment? These grand mothers won't stop. The weather is frigging hot, my baby sweats a lot and starts crying until I turn on fan before he sleeps well. He pulls the head warmer every time we put it on him. Mamas pls help. I need to know why that is necessary.

Please
Most people keep baby warm when they are newly born because they are straight from the womb which is warm and if exposed now that they are with us, they may feel cold and all and they are too young to regulate there body temperature but please dont keep ur baby too hot to the extent of sweating that is not cool as baby can even start having skin issues. If you notice he is too hot pls reduce the cloths he has on. Babys cloth should be a layer thicker than urs.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by curvilicious: 7:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
imurboss:

Hello mama, just seeing this now.Hope you've been clarified?

Yelz thankyo!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 7:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nimi22:

Yes EBF, he's feeding well, I had to increase my water intake yesterday sha, it's d diaper he wore around 9 pm after his bath, he sweats though not really much, I noticed some were totally dry and some with just little smell of urine.
Like yesterday after church I removed his diaper from 1:30pm till some mins to 5 and he didn't pee throughout that period.
Since he is on EBF, i think u need to breastfeed more. Are u sure he eats when you breastfeed him cos sometimes they dont. Do you hear the sound of him swallowing the milk? When i notice my son is not peeing as usual, i make sure i breastfeed him and i will notice the difference. Between 1:30 and 5 is a long and if well fed should have pee like 3 times.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 7:20pm On Feb 05, 2018
Please does any mama use this and the Gerber oat too? How good are they? My son will be 6 months soon. I need to know if babies love them

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
enque:

Mama... I raise Beyonce hand for u oo
See as u put all the uda-elu, uda-ala and uda-nsuda grin

Lolzz, speaking Igbo is simple but writing it is very tough. 36alphabets with ñ alphabet ooo+ the comas(up and down), dash and dots and you must know where to put them. I hail teachers, they're the real mvp
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by curvilicious: 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
Mamas, help me welcome the latest moms in town.

DECEMBER PORTERS
Mbula. Blue
Chijiuche. Blue

Delivered
Zino89. Blue. Delivered 02/01 BS(Seen)
JDQueen. Pink. Delivered. 05/01 BS(Seen)
Derommyvent. Blue. Delivered. 05/01 BS(Seen)
Mitche15. Blue. Delivered. 06/01 BS(not seen)
MiraclefromGod. Pink. Delivered. 09/01 BS(Seen)
MummyAudrey. Pink. Delivered. 09/01 BS(...)
Mafiaqueen. Blue. Delivered. 10/01. BS(...)
Gabby18. Blue. Delivered. 11/01. BS(Seen)
HolySteh. Blue. Delivered. 11/01. BS(Seen)
Curvilicious. Blue. Delivered. 12/01. BS(Seen)
Thotianna. ?? Delivered. 16/01. BS(...)
Zimunachimdi. Blue. Delivered. 16/01 BS(...)
Bomgirl. Blue. Delivered. 24/01 BS(Seen)
Pacypatty. Pink. Delivered. 24/01 BS(Seen)
Goldenheart002. Blue. Delivered. 27/01 BS(Seen)
Momagic. Blue. Delivered. 27/01 BS(Seen)

February Porters
Jadereese. Blue. Delivered. 03/02 BS(...)
Schonebaby. Pink. Delivered. 04/02 BS(...)
Luvtoteach. Blue. Delivered. 01/02 BS(...)
Teegali. Pink. Delivered. 05/02. BS(...)

We came(got preggy), we saw(laboured) and we ALL conquered(delivered hail nd hearty)

#TeamJ4January4supernaturalchildbirth&healthyLOs#

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 8:33pm On Feb 05, 2018
suremum:
Please does any mama use this and the Gerber oat too? How good are they? My son will be 6 months soon. I need to know if babies love them

I used Gerber oats (peach and apple) for my baby and she liked it
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by UmmTwins2: 9:04pm On Feb 05, 2018
'evening mamas. Happy -not so new 2018- cheesy Hws everyone? Una Weldone o. Curvilicious n other January mamas, plenty Congrats. May God bless ur LOs. Congrats to February mamas too; may God grant every pregnant woman a safe delivery.
Mamas on family planning, which method would u recommend pls? Deciding is hard cos of all d different different cons i've heard abt angry pls I wld appreciate ur advice n recommendations. Thanks in advance
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nwapastor: 9:19pm On Feb 05, 2018
nwapastor:

Thank you to all the sabi mamas wey torchlight my matter.
One more thing though: anytime my girl is breastfeeding she normally put her hand on one breast (like playing with the nipples with her fingers) while her mouth is on the other breast. Please how weird is that. Did any other mama ever experienced that?
Thank you all for your response make I rest my mind
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
enque:

I used Gerber oats (peach and apple) for my baby and she liked it

Ok. Thank u ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 10:00pm On Feb 05, 2018
beautifulrosa:
Hello mamas, how are we and our precious ones?

Please, today i noticed the white in my baby's eye has turned slightly redish. I wonder what it is. Plus there is this yellowish discharge i cleaned from his eyes at night. Only at nyt. That one has stopped.

What could possibly be wrong? And what can i do to restore the white of his eyes to normal. He ll be 5weeks on wednesday ans BTW his vaccination is next week.

Ur inputs are important. Kindly help a FTM. Thanks
Put breastmilk into his eyes and watch it brighter than before. MIL taught me that.. I was reluctant until I tried for my baby.. Worked like magic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2018
soonest:

Please what does a sunken fontanelle indicate?
DS fontanelle was a bit sunken about 2weeks back, but it's okay now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beautifulrosa: 11:14pm On Feb 05, 2018
HolySteph:

Put breastmilk into his eyes and watch it brighter than before. MIL taught me that.. I was reluctant until I tried for my baby.. Worked like magic.

Woooow! Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:35pm On Feb 05, 2018
Sanyem:
Pls where can i get it in Lagos

We stock flushable and reusable nappy liners in our online shop.

The flushable one comes in a roll of 100 pcs.

If only wee, You can gently hand wash them or machine wash IF using a laundry mesh bag. ( It keeps it from disintergrating) and reuse at least once before discarding.

Please find link below:

http://naturalbabies.mimabear.com/p/shop.html?m=1

Any questions please feel free to holla.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
Awesomemama:

Please what does a sunken fontanelle indicate?
DS fontanelle was a bit sunken about 2weeks back, but it's okay now

Usually dehydration.
If noticed. Please increase his milk feeds.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Usually dehydration.
If noticed. Please increase his milk feeds.

Okay... think it's cause BM wasn't enough for him then, had to introduce formula. He's fine now
Thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AyaTiraj(f): 1:15am On Feb 06, 2018
Hello mummies am a FTM and my son will be 6months old in few days.... I want to start trying for another please is it advisable to go ahead and I had my son through Emergency CS...... Advice needed please
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Please can I deworm my 13 month old son?

Cc
Soonest
Realdentist

All mama's abeg. Too exhausted and sleep deprived to type
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pweetiebabe(f): 4:46am On Feb 06, 2018
Good morning, how una dey o? To my teammates(Nimi22 , Beyedew ,Imurboss ,Kelizosuy Angeltolly Omotollany and oda how are our independence babies?)

To all other mamas may God protect our children and never make us labour in vain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 5:32am On Feb 06, 2018
jazzyjazz:
Please can I deworm my 13 month old son?

Cc
Soonest
Realde.ntist

All mama's abeg. Too exhausted and sleep deprived to type

Yes you can.

Awesomemama, you have been answered. Tk care.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by horlabeesee: 5:36am On Feb 06, 2018
pls help a 1st time mum. my baby is 5 weeks old and he has cough and catarrh. what drug can I use or what can b done to relief this. thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 5:50am On Feb 06, 2018
FloraEC:

Nne ukwuu biko ahụ m chọrọ ego. Ọkwa SwiftKey bụ ihe m ji ede ya.
Dalu so.
@Hunniesuzie,are you Igbo?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1510) (1511) (1512) (1513) (1514) (1515) (1516) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.