Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431603 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by soonest(f): 7:09pm On Mar 13, 2018
Julyborn:
Hello mamas, pls how do I treat tongue sore?? cry cry it's been in my baby tongue since Saturday and it doesn't look like it's ready to go away... I have used oral glycerin(it makes it worse or I'm doing it wrong) and vit C tablet but my baby is unable to eat, cannot even take pap, just water and ribena/Lucozade boost.
Sabi mamas pls ooooo; cc Jina24, zaynie, hunniesuzie, liftedhands, enque ( it don't think its a pirated copy ooo as it's clear as watching a movie at home. the station is Excel Tv)

*Use salt water with hankie to clean his mouth or better still use mouth wash with hankie.
*Continue with vit c syrup
*You can use bonjela cream and apply on the sore, this will numb the place and less painful
*Give more of liquid food like pap and the likes.
*Give water often.
*if he has cough in addition/temperature, you may need to see a doctor. All the best

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 7:11pm On Mar 13, 2018
Giddyperson:
She has o, my ijebu arss would not be doing none of that at that price, I'd rather take her to a regular Onye photo, like my parents did in my time cheesy

Lol...saving every naira
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
ojsamuel:
Hi Famz.

DD is a twin girl. She hasn't been meeting her developmental milestone. She throws up and shows little or no interest in eating(likes to take a lot of water) asides breastmilk. She turns 1 this month. Her twin brother weighs about 4kg more than her. Last weight check was around 5.8kg, her twin brother almost 6.3kg. She's yet to start crawling while her twin brother, though not yet standing alone or walking, started crawling and standing with support over 2 months ago. She is not as energetic as his twin brother, all she could do is make a 360 degrees turn while sitting with little or no effort to reach for objects beyond her circumference. She always wants to stand when being held but hardly makes attempt of it unaided. Sometimes I feel scared as to whether everything is alright with her cos she looks little in size(weight). The Pediatric says she's Ok and recommended motor skills exercise for her but I'm still kinda worried as this has not seemed to have helped. Any advice pls?

My twin girl too used to be so little compared to her brother. He eats more, suck more, drink more, we always fight to make sure she eat her share. But now, they weigh the same thing, she eat more and even more stronger and active now.

What I did: I do not compare their appetite, if one doesn't eat what I prepare for both I prepare another one. Even adults don't have the same appetite. With time I discovered they copy each other in eating. One will check if the other is eating it, and if it's a yes he or she will eat but if no it's a no for both. For now, give her what she likes. It might be time consuming for now but she will definitely change.

Since she likes liquid, do fruit juice for her always. She will be fine

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 13, 2018
Na really discuss cheesy cheesy cheesy what do I think ooooooo! grin Forgerrit. Goan read your book.
Omowunmi22:
Hello mums.Am thinking of creating a WhatsApp group where we can all discuss.what do you think ??
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 8:09pm On Mar 13, 2018
Naomi14:
Na really discuss cheesy cheesy cheesy what do I think ooooooo! grin Forgerrit. Goan read your book.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 8:11pm On Mar 13, 2018
just saw this. Mamas always stand your ground no matter what.
#anonymous post #RantHQ#

Please post anonymously.. I'm grieving bitterly right now. I gave birth to my son some months ago.. My mom is late so my husband's mom came around to help me. Although she is very nice and we get along only that sometimes she can be quite stubborn with her opinions. We have been quarrelling since I had my baby.. Because she tried to impose something's I'm not comfortable with. Few weeks after birth.. We went to the hospital for vaccines.. They told us not to bath him that night. So we went home. He was cranky.. Crying and I couldn't help myself from crying long with him. My MIL started preparing bathing water.. I quickly said mummy no o. He can't bath tonight.. The nurses said so.. She laughed and said I should stop acting as if she didn't train all her 7 children. I didn't respond I took the baby inside and continued to pet him. My husband came in from work and collected him even without changing his work clothes.. He started singing funny songs to him and he was getting calmer. I stepped into the kitchen to serve his dinner only for me to hear scream from baby.. I ran out.. Hubby was sitting and taking off his shoes. I said where is baby? He said mummy took him.. She said if she gives him a bath his body would be calm and he would stop crying. I ran to the bathroom and saw her bathing him.. Ahhh Mom! But I told you his nurse advised we don't bath him only for tonight.. She didn't answer..she kept pressing his body with very hot water and massaging him. Including the injection spot and my little baby was winning in pain. I was tempted to snatch him away but I held my self together.. She finally finished bathing him then she started throwing him up.. Quite high.. I said that's enough mom.. But she continued repeatedly. unfortunately as she was about to catch him he slipped and fell hard to the tiled floor. My heart froze..i rushed to pick him but he wasn't moving.. I started crying and panicking. Hubby rushed in too. Mama started crying. We rushed to the hospital. I was begging God and crying on the way to have mercy on me and my child but they said he was no longer breathing.. Just like that?? They did all sorts to recuperate him but he didn't move.. They pronounced him dead. I cried my heart out. A child I suffered to birth just went like that!!!
This message is not meant to cast a stone at mama.. I know she didn't intend for that to happen. My message to moms especially new moms is trust your motherly instincts.. Whatever you are not okay with concerning your child, don't allow it.. Anyone that tries to make you feel like you don't know enough about being a mother.. Stay away from them.. If you can get pregnant and nurse a child for nine months.. There's nothing you can't do for that child as a mother. Avoid throwing fragile little babies up.. It's medically not ideal as their brain is to tender and can trigger shock.. (elderly women believe babies should be thrown to avoid fear but it's just a myth) don't endanger your child to satisfy any one. I'm still grieving especially as I witnessed the death with my eyes. May we no experience any evil loss.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 8:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
I rememeber my MIL bathing my baby and held him with one leg and turned him upside down. That was the first and last time she bath him because i told her immediately that it is wrong.
When she insisted on my baby using teething powder too, i insisted that he wont use it. ( i am not saying those that use it did not do right) but i just did not want to do anything the paedetricians do not recommend.
When my baby had eela too and she brought herb saying he will drink some. I told her my baby wont drink it.
She knows me well, i stand my ground when it comes to this kind of things.
May we not bury our children. Amen

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 8:18pm On Mar 13, 2018
perfectcrown:

Really? But are you sure it's the original one ma?

I really don't know if its original
How can I tell ma?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
Julyborn:
Hello mamas, pls how do I treat tongue sore?? cry cry it's been in my baby tongue since Saturday and it doesn't look like it's ready to go away... I have used oral glycerin(it makes it worse or I'm doing it wrong) and vit C tablet but my baby is unable to eat, cannot even take pap, just water and ribena/Lucozade boost.
Sabi mamas pls ooooo; cc Jina24, zaynie, hunniesuzie, liftedhands, enque ( it don't think its a pirated copy ooo as it's clear as watching a movie at home. the station is Excel Tv)

Bonjela cream works.
Use alongside with vitamin C and multivitamins.
Avoid and peppery or spicy meals.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
Giddyperson:
She has o, my ijebu arss would not be doing none of that at that price, I'd rather take her to a regular Onye photo, like my parents did in my time cheesy

cheesy cheesy grin
I knew this would happen.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2018
zaynie:

cheesy cheesy grin
I knew this would happen.
Is it my fault that I'm conservative, my family traditions must endure tongue

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jina24(f): 9:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
Julyborn:
Sabi mamas pls ooooo; cc Jina.24, za.ynie, hunnies.uzie, lifted.hands, enqu.e ( it don't think its a pirated copy ooo as it's clear as watching a movie at home. the station is Excel Tv)

Please see a Doctor. Wish her quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 13, 2018
Your parents try wella sef.I can only remeba celebrating my 10th birthday only and na 4 house fotographer d come snap us sef cheesy grin.But we can change it.Pls no do Onye foto 4 Giddybaby oh grin
Giddyperson:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
Giddyperson:
Is it my fault that I'm conservative, my family traditions must endure tongue

I hear you loud and clear. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 9:55pm On Mar 13, 2018
suremum:
I rememeber my MIL bathing my baby and held him with one leg and turned him upside down. That was the first and last time she bath him because i told her immediately that it is wrong.
When she insisted on my baby using teething powder too, i insisted that he wont use it. ( i am not saying those that use it did not do right) but i just did not want to do anything the paedetricians do not recommend.
When my baby had eela too and she brought herb saying he will drink some. I told her my baby wont drink it.
She knows me well, i stand my ground when it comes to this kind of things.
May we not bury our children. Amen

Abeg, what finally cured this eela. We've done antibiotics, red leaf, everything!!!! its still coming out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 10:16pm On Mar 13, 2018
suremum:

I understand you perfectly ma, cos my baby has d same issue. His paedetrician prescribed stuffs for him and they never work. When mil was coming to canada where i live, she brought agbo and blacksoap. forwhere,d thing did not work. I had sleepless night, browsed d internet, cried self cos i felt i couldnt help my baby. I used all aveeno products including the new night balm nothing worked until i mix a little funbact A inside plenty shea butter reluctanly cos of what i have heard and read about it. I use d mixture of his face for just 5days n stopped then his body for 2weeks. And then did a mixture of sheabutter, coconut oil and a little bit of olive oil as his normal cream. Now, my babys face is sooo fresh.(Though he stil has some mark on his stomach which is fading out with each passing day)
What i am trying to say in essence is that once other methods fail and u cant just watch the so called ela spoil ur babys skin, you wont know when u will mix skineal abi funbact a with ori. My advice is to do it for a very short time and stop. I never regret ever doing it.
Mitche15
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 10:56pm On Mar 13, 2018
Liftedhands:
Make me call our iyalagbo general of nairaland Queensnow! I remember her saying something about putting tagiri around the house to prevent measles, not sure how its done! Wait for her to come and explain
Cc moonberry.

U are right! Just put it in the corners of ur home (corridor or living room) like 2-3pcs its fine ur kids can kick it like ball too no harm it is believed that it will prevent it from spreading, it also prevent convulsions (giri).... then for the brother cut 1 into halves use one halves to rub red oil on him d measles will dry off asap

Note: @ bolded I never tried it ooo but na teach den teach me ooo

But I have tagiri at the corners in living room and corridor

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2018
JGracious:

I will advise you take your baby to the hospital for tests. It could be a sign that your baby is fighting some infections in the body most especially fever.

cheers.

Thanks mama, will do as advised.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:17pm On Mar 13, 2018
hunniesuzie:

Julyborn see a doctor please

Will do. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
soonest:

*Use salt water with hankie to clean his mouth or better still use mouth wash with hankie.
*Continue with vit c syrup
*You can use bonjela cream and apply on the sore, this will numb the place and less painful
*Give more of liquid food like pap and the likes.
*Give water often.
*if he has cough in addition/temperature, you may need to see a doctor. All the best

Thank you ma'am, will do as advised
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2018
zaynie:

Bonjela cream works.
Use alongside with vitamin C and multivitamins.
Avoid and peppery or spicy meals.

noted, thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Julyborn: 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2018
Jina24:

Please see a Doctor. Wish her quick recovery.

Thanks mama

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mitche15: 12:36am On Mar 14, 2018
suremum:

Mitche15

Thanks so much. Me too the funbact A something has scared me but like you said, i would try it for a short period. Plenty ori abi? Will do that tomorrow. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 3:57am On Mar 14, 2018
mitche15:

Thanks so much. Me too the funbact A something has scared me but like you said, i would try it for a short period. Plenty ori abi? Will do that tomorrow. Thanks
Yes ma, plenty ori.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 14, 2018
Please, what is tagiri?
queensnow:

But I have tagiri at the corners in living room and corridor

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 14, 2018
Liftedhands:

That's from 4-5 years tongue grin just goan buy plenty diaper and keep.
tongue cry

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 8:02am On Mar 14, 2018
suremum:

My baby is just like yours. He does not want to eat anything whatsoever. He will close his mouth completely when it is food time which frustrates me. When i forcefully put food in his mouth,he will spit it out, he will even blow bubbles with d food and have fun ( omo olomo).
What has been helping so far, when it is meal time, i put him in front of tv and play babies songs for him, put spoon in his other hand and surround him with toys. He will watch babies song and get carried away, tries to put the spoon/any of the toys in his mouth and open the mouth wide, i take advantage and put food in it. He will get angry and spit them out, i persevere and keep doing it.
Now, once d food is in his mouth he just swallows and enjoy it. The only thing is that he will never open his mouth. That is the battle i have been battling since he was 6 month and now he is 7 month and it is improving with time. I spend like 1hr on each feed. It is really stressful but i know with time it will get better.

Thanks dear.. This style will be after her grandma goes cos I called her to come help me look after her while I'm out. I observed she stopped taking her pap when her grandma came and was using extra force to feed her. She said my "petting style " doesn't make her eat much.., now she's associated crying with food. She actually enjoys eating my meals but I don't think that's okay for her
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 8:24am On Mar 14, 2018
Come let me teach you grin grin grin grin
hunniesuzie:
Me i sha want to buy camera and learn the work because the thing did me serious wawu

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:06am On Mar 14, 2018
@giddyperson

After making enquiry from various photogs for shoot and hearing their 'cheap' prices, DH and I decided to buy props and use our wedding photographer at his studio.
The most important thing to us was getting a good family portrait to enlarge and a few good personal pix of Zara, which we ended up getting.

he also went with us to her school to take shots of her with teachers and fellow pupils.
He gave us soft copies of all our pix in a flash drive.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:12am On Mar 14, 2018
enque:
@giddyperson

After making enquiry from various photogs for shoot and hearing their 'cheap' prices, DH and I decided to buy props and use our wedding photographer at his studio.
The most important thing to us was getting a good family portrait to enlarge and a few good personal pix of Zara, which we ended up getting.

he also went with us to her school to take shots of her with teachers and fellow pupils.
He gave us soft copies of all our pix in a flash drive.
Thank you, i'd end up doing something like this cuz I'd even need a photographer for the party itself, so can't spend the whole budget on photoshoot
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:44am On Mar 14, 2018
kelizosuy:
Come let me teach you grin grin grin grin

me i sha wantu learn many many things from u o

how we go do am now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2018
Giddyperson:
I will recommend M12 photography, her pictures are really nice on babies, but her charges can't say. but ur Ijebu arss might run away from her charges�����

(1) (2) (3) ... (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.