Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4399006 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ojsamuel(m): 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2018
Hi Famz.

DD is a twin girl. She hasn't been meeting her developmental milestone. She throws up and shows little or no interest in eating(likes to take a lot of water) asides breastmilk. She turns 1 this month. Her twin brother weighs about 0.4kg more than her. Last weight check was around 5.8kg, her twin brother almost 6.3kg. She's yet to start crawling while her twin brother, though not yet standing alone or walking, started crawling and standing with support over 2 months ago. She is not as energetic as his twin brother, all she could do is make a 360 degrees turn while sitting with little or no effort to reach for objects beyond her circumference. She always wants to stand when being held but hardly makes attempt of it unaided. Sometimes I feel scared as to whether everything is alright with her cos she looks little in size(weight). The Pediatric says she's Ok and recommended motor skills exercise for her but I'm still kinda worried as this has not seemed to have helped. Any advice pls?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
ojsamuel:
Hi Famz.

DD is a twin girl. She hasn't been meeting her developmental milestone. She throws up and shows little or no interest in eating(likes to take a lot of water) asides breastmilk. She turns 1 this month. Her twin brother weighs about 4kg more than her. Last weight check was around 5.8kg, her twin brother almost 6.3kg. She's yet to start crawling while her twin brother, though not yet standing alone or walking, started crawling and standing with support over 2 months ago. She is not as energetic as his twin brother, all she could do is make a 360 degrees turn while sitting with little or no effort to reach for objects beyond her circumference. She always wants to stand when being held but hardly makes attempt of it unaided. Sometimes I feel scared as to whether everything is alright with her cos she looks little in size(weight). The Pediatric says she's Ok and recommended motor skills exercise for her but I'm still kinda worried as this has not seemed to have helped. Any advice pls?

Babies grow at their own speed and I agree with the paediatrician... she just might be very reserved

Just engage her more..

Look up these links...

http://www.twinsuk.co.uk/twinstips/14/9934213/twins-language-&-development/twins-development-steps:-toddlers-to-pre-school-years-/

https://www.tamba.org.uk/parenting/first-year/development

http://living.thebump.com/twins-development-toddlers-15174.html

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
Awesomemama:
Happy international mothers day to everyone
Mamas with fair Lo, what did you do to maintain their skin colour?

Anyone pleaseeeeee
Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2018
Awesomemama:

Anyone pleaseeeeee
Thanks
Chicco maintained my sons natural fair skin. I have a dark skinned niece whose mom use chicco too and her skin texture is smooth and shiny.

Then again we did very little sun exposure so no UV darkening.

My sons complexion only turned a shade or two darker when I stopped the chicco and started using palm kernel oil to treat stubborn skin lesions.

Another key factor in maintenance and grooming of skin texture and tone is WATER! get your lo to drink plenty water on a daily basis and watch his or her skin glow.

Fruits and veggies helps too,

Try to limit excessive sun exposure.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
Liftedhands:

That's from 4-5 years tongue grin just goan buy plenty diaper and keep.
mammy water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2018
Giddyperson:
mammy water
Where you see am? tongue wink cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 12:38am On Mar 13, 2018
Liftedhands:
Chicco maintained my sons natural fair skin. I have a dark skinned niece whose mom use chicco too and her skin texture is smooth and shiny.

Then again we did very little sun exposure so no UV darkening.

My sons complexion only turned a shade or two darker when I stopped the chicco and started using palm kernel oil to treat stubborn skin lesions.

Another key factor in maintenance and grooming of skin texture and tone is WATER! get your lo to drink plenty water on a daily basis and watch his or her skin glow.

Fruits and veggies helps too,

Try to limit excessive sun exposure.

Thanks ma'am
I appreciate

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 5:37am On Mar 13, 2018
Ariegurl:
Been awhile here.I guess all the mamas are doing fine.just hailing.shout out to @zaynie @tiwatopebam .BTW, My princess clocked 9m today

Hi mama!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chanbaby: 7:01am On Mar 13, 2018
Giddyperson:
mammy water

Thank u for fighting for me. Grandma water sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by suremum: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Trendytessy:
Pls, what can I do to get my baby to eat her food. She doesn't take her pap or cereals anymore. Even if I try to force her she'll just keep it inside her mouth without swallowing it. It's becoming draining for me.
She's 6months.
Cc. all mamas
My baby is just like yours. He does not want to eat anything whatsoever. He will close his mouth completely when it is food time which frustrates me. When i forcefully put food in his mouth,he will spit it out, he will even blow bubbles with d food and have fun ( omo olomo).
What has been helping so far, when it is meal time, i put him in front of tv and play babies songs for him, put spoon in his other hand and surround him with toys. He will watch babies song and get carried away, tries to put the spoon/any of the toys in his mouth and open the mouth wide, i take advantage and put food in it. He will get angry and spit them out, i persevere and keep doing it.
Now, once d food is in his mouth he just swallows and enjoy it. The only thing is that he will never open his mouth. That is the battle i have been battling since he was 6 month and now he is 7 month and it is improving with time. I spend like 1hr on each feed. It is really stressful but i know with time it will get better.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:23am On Mar 13, 2018
Chanbaby:

Lool I was actually talking about her picture, she's fine like mammy water. With potty training, I think you should start whenever your baby seems ready for it, I've noticed my baby poops at the same two times on most days. First when she wakes up in the morning and then as soon as she comes home from creche. Hubby has been asking me to introduce potty but I don't have that kinda time or energy. Even if you start now, just do it as more of a fun thing and don't take it seriously until the baby is atleast 2.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:26am On Mar 13, 2018
Ha,mama Ekene,pity her now grin
Liftedhands:

That's from 4-5 years tongue grin just goan buy plenty diaper and keep.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 9:58am On Mar 13, 2018
comtem2011:
Are you serious? I started with my son when he was 6 months o, I can remember vividly that day, he was purging serioulsy and before I knew it, I have used like 6 diapers within 3hrs, na so i carry potty wash am put him bombom o. If I just noticed him of any sign, I will put him immediately and will poopoo inside. Thats how our journey to potty training started, before I know it @7months, he doesn't stain his diaper again, he will make sure the diaper is removed and that was a signal for me that he wants to poopoo. I will say oficially, potty training started when we were 7 months.

This is a sign that he was ready..it would have been stressful if you forced it on him.

Personally, I just allow them jare..my son was potty trained by his school. Now he's 2+, he does not bed wet as well. How did I achieve that? last thing before he sleeps, he must use the toilet. Btwn 1-3am, I wake up and take him to wee. I've been doing it consistently and it works perfectly.

for my daughter, sometimes she say "mummy poo" and when you put her on the potty, she actually poops..but then again, I'm not home all day + no energy for that one when I return cheesy cheesy when she starts school, let them finish the work cheesy..her brother is her poop detector, once she poos, he must inform us before we even notice grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:59am On Mar 13, 2018
Chanbaby:

tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2018
feddy27:

This is a sign that he was ready..it would have been stressful if you forced it on him.

Personally, I just allow them jare..my son was potty trained by his school. Now he's 2+, he does not bed wet as well. How did I achieve that? last thing before he sleeps, he must use the toilet. Btwn 1-3am, I wake up and take him to wee. I've been doing it consistently and it works perfectly.

for my daughter, sometimes she say "mummy poo" and when you put her on the potty, she actually poops..but then again, I'm not home all day + no energy for that one when I return cheesy cheesy when she starts school, let them finish the work cheesy..her brother is her poop detector, once she poos, he must inform us before we even notice grin grin
@d bolded is so funny, smart guy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:08am On Mar 13, 2018
Giddyperson:
Lool I was actually talking about her picture, she's fine like mammy water. With potty training, I think you should start whenever your baby seems ready for it, I've noticed my baby poops at the same two times on most days. First when she wakes up in the morning and then as soon as she comes home from creche. Hubby has been asking me to introduce potty but I don't have that kinda time or energy. Even if you start now, just do it as more of a fun thing and don't take it seriously until the baby is atleast 2.

grin grin grin jackie-chanbaby ntoor tongue tongue

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2018
suremum:

My baby is just like yours. He does not want to eat anything whatsoever. He will close his mouth completely when it is food time which frustrates me. When i forcefully put food in his mouth,he will spit it out, he will even blow bubbles with d food and have fun ( omo olomo).
What has been helping so far, when it is meal time, i put him in front of tv and play babies songs for him, put spoon in his other hand and surround him with toys. He will watch babies song and get carried away, tries to put the spoon/any of the toys in his mouth and open the mouth wide, i take advantage and put food in it. He will get angry and spit them out, i persevere and keep doing it.
Now, once d food is in his mouth he just swallows and enjoy it. The only thing is that he will never open his mouth. That is the battle i have been battling since he was 6 month and now he is 7 month and it is improving with time. I spend like 1hr on each feed. It is really stressful but i know with time it will get better.
You mamas are trying o, kudos to you. my baby has never for once reject food even from birth, anything goes ni. I pray he improve with time.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2018
Sansa143:
Ha,mama Ekene,pity her now grin
hahaha grin I was being fair sef! Shebi she wan wait till Jed is MATURE AND RESPONSIVE? cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2018
comtem2011:
You mamas are trying o, kudos to you. my baby has never for once reject food even from birth, anything goes ni. I pray he improve with time.

Really? shocked Please, tell him to send the anointing to us over here too. cheesy embarassed grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 13, 2018
Awesomemama:

Anyone pleaseeeeee
Thanks

Sebamed baby body milk.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 10:34am On Mar 13, 2018
grin cheesy
Liftedhands:
hahaha grin I was being fair sef! Shebi she wan wait till Jed is MATURE AND RESPONSIVE? cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:10am On Mar 13, 2018
ojsamuel:
Hi Famz.

DD is a twin girl. She hasn't been meeting her developmental milestone. She throws up and shows little or no interest in eating(likes to take a lot of water) asides breastmilk. She turns 1 this month. Her twin brother weighs about 4kg more than her. Last weight check was around 5.8kg, her twin brother almost 6.3kg. She's yet to start crawling while her twin brother, though not yet standing alone or walking, started crawling and standing with support over 2 months ago. She is not as energetic as his twin brother, all she could do is make a 360 degrees turn while sitting with little or no effort to reach for objects beyond her circumference. She always wants to stand when being held but hardly makes attempt of it unaided. Sometimes I feel scared as to whether everything is alright with her cos she looks little in size(weight). The Pediatric says she's Ok and recommended motor skills exercise for her but I'm still kinda worried as this has not seemed to have helped. Any advice pls?

after typing many things, network messed up sad sad sad
- Pls Don't compare her with her twin, she has her own capabilities
- For the food, get very fancy and colorful plate... most toddlers this age wants to feed themselves... give her chicken, fish, eggs, sausages..allow her feed herself
- If really worried about her weight, buy pediasure drink for her... come back and testify wink
- put toys in front of her, encourage and cheer her up when she makes any move

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ojsamuel(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2018
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Desdes: 11:26am On Mar 13, 2018
Pls mama where can I get this drink....
feddy27:

- For the food, get very fancy and colorful plate... most toddlers this age wants to feed themselves... give her chicken, fish, eggs, sausages..allow her feed herself
- If really worried about her weight, buy pediasure drink for her... come back and testify wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ojsamuel(m): 11:35am On Mar 13, 2018
feddy27:

OK. Will get the pediasure drink as advised. Thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 11:43am On Mar 13, 2018
gwng:
You can now ORDER for KINYO BABY BREAST MILK PUMP.

COMES WITH ONE YEAR WARRANTY

SINGLE BREAST PUMP: 18k
DOUBLE BREAST PUMP: 26K

Our Address: 3-9 Olu Koleosho off Medical Road, Ikeja, Lagos.
Phone/Whatsapp: 08060675824

Why Buy from us? We have sold a handful to people on this forum and they ARE SATISFIED WITH OUR QUALITY.

Some satisfied Nairaland users using Kinyo. See this: https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/3330#59403999. There are many more though

WE ALSO NOW HAVE DIGITAL THERMOMETERS (VERY USEFUL TO CHECK YOUR BABY TEMPERATURE, 2k), DIGITAL INFRA-RED THERMOMETERS (5K), FETAL DOPPLER (TO CHECK FETUS HEART-BEAT RATE, 25k) AVAILABLE ON PRE-ORDER.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by feddy27: 11:46am On Mar 13, 2018
Desdes:
Pls mama where can I get this drink....

supermarkets or big pharmacies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by moonberry: 11:49am On Mar 13, 2018
Mamas please,how do i prevent my six weeks old from contracting measles from his elder bro,please help a worried mum,the rash just showed up this morning after bathing him,just last night while my baby was crying i met him singing and at the same time coughing at his face.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mosi01: 11:58am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello mummies,

Trust you are good. It's been a while.

We have several UK and US bra brands. From D-K cup sizes. Please check our IG page, @lingeriezoneng.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Come and visit and buy. Special discounts for mummies from Nairaland

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2018
olubankemi:
Hi guys.

Just thought to bring this information to you here. If you are looking for vaccination centre for your kids please you may consider maycentral. They are in Akoka and Ikoyi. You may search Google for their contacts and call or visit.

They are also affordable. They have all children vaccines, they are also very detailed. They call/sms for next schedule so you don't have excuse to say you forgot.

If you have HMO depending on your plan, you can also discuss with your HMO.

Please oo, am not marketing for them oo, I use them too, it's being hassle free since I was referred there, no come tomorrow come next tomorrow it's finished. Just to help someone in need of such a place here.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2018
Honey'msuzzie, how much does a birthday Photoshoot cost, there's this is it Studio 24 I've been seeing along Ogudu road, who has used them before, biko anyone that has done a recent baby birthday photoshoot there or anywhere else pray tell @Enque, hunniesuzzie.

@Ifyalways The pm never came again cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:31pm On Mar 13, 2018
GlitteringStar:

Really? shocked Please, tell him to send the anointing to us over here too. cheesy embarassed grin
Na so we see am o, sending the anointing right away and Bobo must catch it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1592) (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.