Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,293 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4406963 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Hello mama's.. God bless us & our children. Amen.

1. Pls my dd of 3weeks & some days makes this uncomfortable sounds like her stomach is paining her when she's sleeping. she twists, squeeze her face but doesn't cry. she gets relieved when she farts or poos at times, other times she just becomes calm. What could be wrong? is that what is called colic? what can I do to ease the pain?

2. How many times a day is she meant to poo at 3wks old? she poos about 3times a day & my MIL won't lemme hear word like it's too much. She's exclusively breastfed.. thank you all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
zaynie:
Mbula and Awesomemama.

Try feeding on the clock. The time interval is usually every 2 hours if you're breastfeeding and make sure the child finishes both full breast. Even if the child is asleep, try to make him feed.
If you're using formula and he doesn't take the bottle recommended for his age on the tin, then reduce the quantity and increase the number of feeds to avoid wastage. So even in the middle of the night please feed him or wake up to breastfeed him. Also give him water.
You might also want to give him Abidec. It helps them to eat and I'm only mentioning this because the Dr confirmed him to be underweight. Buy the imported one not the Nigerian one and watch him chow like never before.

Good luck kiss
And let's know how it goes.

I tried feeding every 3 hours when he was about a month old and he ends up throwing up the food most times (always when he's formula fed). Complained in the hosp and doctor said we were probably overfeeding him and it stopped immediately we started feeding based on demand.

He doesn't take the bottle recommended for him but I guess BM acts as substitute since I'm lactating better now. I breastfeed him 2-3 times at night between 12am-7am and I give water too altho he doesn't like taking water.

Doctor hasn't complained about his weight tho, he looks pretty healthy to me but was only concerned since he weighs almost same as mbula's LO which she said was confirmed a bit underweight.

On an average it's safe to say he adds about 0.9kg, almost 1kg every 4weeks, since birth. Is that Okay?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
ifyalways:

I always used this as a kind of guide. . .

However, other factors influence weight gain or otherwise on babies so nothing is cast in stone. If your Paed says your baby is healthy, then rest your mind

Thanks grandma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rhukkie: 3:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

1. Pls my dd of 3weeks & some days makes this uncomfortable sounds like her stomach is paining her when she's sleeping. she twists, squeeze her face but doesn't cry. she gets relieved when she farts or poos at times, other times she just becomes calm. What could be wrong? is that what is called colic? what can I do to ease the pain?

2. How many times a day is she meant to poo at 3wks old? she poos about 3times a day & my MIL won't lemme hear word like it's too much. She's exclusively breastfed.. thank you all.
Your daughter is colicky, I used to give my dd gripe water to give her some relief and it worked.
Exclusively breastfed babies poo quite alot so 3 times daily is very normal, what you should look out for is the color and texture. You can google for info on poo pattern in babies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2018
rhukkie:

Your daughter is colicky, I used to give my dd gripe water to give her some relief and it worked.
Exclusively breastfed babies poo quite alot so 3 times daily is very normal, what you should look out for is the color and texture. You can google for info on poo pattern in babies
oh, OK. thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
Anugod:
To plait their hair na work o, especially now that they're still very young. I go crack my voice to sing, play videos, allow her to play with nonsense to distract her, all just for one puff. And she will not keep her head o.
When we finally use 10 hours to finish making like 15 puffs, she wee start sucking bwess and use her hand to pull out the hair we've made. shocked shocked
I go jus weak dey look am.

We hardly carry neat puff pass one day. Imagine the stress of making hair every day embarassed embarassed especially if you have to go out everyday. cry cry

Mamas abeg, when can I start using wool to hold my dd's hair? At least before using the ribbons, cos my dd is now an expert in loosing her ribboned puff and I don tire to dey make hair every day before I comot cry cry cry

Most times I Use those tiny rubber bands that's sold for 200 per pack (don't buy the fake version of it that's 100 per pack), that's what I use and its easy to take off cuz I just bite it off with my teeth when shes sleeping.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
Nimi22:

We can dash them o. Especially Darasimi and Adele.

grin grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
@booqee, we got the Meningococcal conjugate almost for free in my hospital, i think we only paid N500 or so(will confirm once i get back home), however sometime in 2015 the same MC goes for 7.5k in my hospital but i didn't give my ds then but now the matron made me understand that it's now free and administered it even without requesting for it sef.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FexCathy: 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

Yes, that's signs of colic. Try to burp her before laying her down. Even if she doesn't burp at least you would have brought the air up halfway(just like soonest would say). My DS of 1month poos up to six times a day. Normal poop. He is also exclusively breastfed. My doc said no problem and some poop up to 8 times.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 4:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
imurboss:
@booqee, we got the Meningococcal conjugate almost for free in my hospital, i think we only paid N500 or so(will confirm once i get back home), however sometime in 2015 the same MC goes for 7.5k in my hospital but i didn't give my ds then but now the matron made me understand that it's now free and administered it even without requesting for it sef.

When can this be given?
It's not in our PHC card
Any idea of vaccines that needs to be taken that's not in the card?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2018
The challenge with feeding on the clock is i will have to force-feed her to achieve that as she won't take more when she reaches her usual gauge, then she throws up everything when you force her which defeats the whole idea in the first place.....she weighed 3.2 @ birth, 3.6 @ 6weeks and 4.3 @ 10 weeks, she's a slow gainer, i've tried abidec and reload still....i have worried, even cried and then I decided to let her be cos I don't know what else to do...she's not just a foodie...I feel bad when I see babies her age that are chubby, what can I do na...just hope she eventually gets big, for now she's a small baby and people don't fail to mention it to me how small she is cry

@ awesomemama your own still better

zaynie:
Mbula and Awesomemama.

Try feeding on the clock. The time interval is usually every 2 hours if you're breastfeeding and make sure the child finishes both full breast. Even if the child is asleep, try to make him feed.
If you're using formula and he doesn't take the bottle recommended for his age on the tin, then reduce the quantity and increase the number of feeds to avoid wastage. So even in the middle of the night please feed him or wake up to breastfeed him. Also give him water.
You might also want to give him Abidec. It helps them to eat and I'm only mentioning this because the Dr confirmed him to be underweight. Buy the imported one not the Nigerian one and watch him chow like never before.

Good luck kiss
And let's know how it goes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mahoti(f): 4:44pm On Apr 12, 2018
comtem2011:
Oluwadarasimi naa o, God will continue to uphold you.

Mummy, don't worry hair will definately grow.
amen thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dexterush(f): 4:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
Fyngal1:

please, is it possible to see a picture of the bike? thanks
Can you watsapp for pictures,I have not been able to post pictures here. 07032275304
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumiteoluwa: 5:46pm On Apr 12, 2018
We rep 12/04/17, Happy first year birthday to my queen. Sansa143 and Giddyperson dis is Titony1 answering your roll call cant log in to d other account.

26 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 6:05pm On Apr 12, 2018
How can one tell, if she has hormonal imbalance. A friend has a year old baby and she said she has been trying to conceive since her baby was 9months nd no show, my question after giving birth is there anything a mum should do to prepare herself for another journey, nd what could possibly go wrong?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 6:07pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mumiteoluwa:
We rep 12/04/17, Happy first year birthday to my queen. Sansa143 and Giddyperson dis is Titony1 answering your roll call cant log in to d other account.

Happy birthday pweety queen
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 6:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

In addition,watch what you eat and drink.Avoid beans,eggs,garlic' also carbonated drinks for now.,colicky babies tend to react to these after feeding.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SwtDove(f): 6:11pm On Apr 12, 2018
comtem2011:
Sheabutter (rub on the bridge of ur nose), Palmkernel oil (rub on d bridge of ur nose and also apply in ur nosrils with cotton bud), U can as well do hot inhalation like steaming, Drink hot water ( not boiling), vit c.

Will try it out,thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lululuv(f): 6:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
nneejima:

My original teamie, where you go na. Oya try prince and princess products,it's my plan b if I no see molfix for market

How re u, longest time. How is my baby doing?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 6:18pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mumiteoluwa:
Happy Birthday Queen,God bless and keep you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Awesomemama:

Thanks grandma
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2018
lululuv:

How re u, longest time. How is my baby doing?
she is fine dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumiteoluwa: 7:48pm On Apr 12, 2018
lululuv:

Happy birthday pweety queen
Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumiteoluwa: 7:50pm On Apr 12, 2018
blex444:
Happy Birthday Queen,God bless and keep you.
Amen thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2018
Please is this the same as Conjugate ASM for 9months because the nurse giving the injections kept saying the inmunisation is supposed to be three but its only two that was available and when i asked about the third one, she spoke to me in igbo and asked me to come to the local government office in 41road with 5k, that the government did not provide for it. Please apart from Yellow Fever and measles, did anyone take the Conjugate for their babies at 9months or am i about to be scammed?

[quote autho1r=booqee post=66632912]Hi mums,

Please who knows or got this immunisation for their baby - 'Meningococcal conjugate'?

I want to know if its important or my hospital just want to Scam me. Its to be given at 10 weeks and also 6 months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
She can do hormonal profile. Is she sure that her periods have normalised and she is ovulating when she thinks she is? Is she calculating her ovulation days properly? Are Oga swimmers very active? Come to think of it, why does she think she may be the one with the problem that she is now considering hormonal imbalance? What if Oga's swimmers are really not swimming? We women sha

lululuv:
How can one tell, if she has hormonal imbalance. A friend has a year old baby and she said she has been trying to conceive since her baby was 9months nd no show, my question after giving birth is there anything a mum should do to prepare herself for another journey, nd what could possibly go wrong?

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 8:58pm On Apr 12, 2018
katchycouture:

I don't think there is is an English name for it... it cleanse the stomach after childbirth and help in reducing stomach size after child birth... i have seen it work with my fellow wives and friends in the east..you cook it just like pepper soup but theleaf will remainnlike oshuka (aju) inside the pot... you take it with rice, yam or swallow...contact me if you are interested in buying it.

Bikonu, ayam over interested. Can it be gotten from these agbo sellers in Lagos?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2018
Mumiteoluwa:
We rep 12/04/17, Happy first year birthday to my queen. Sansa1.43 and Gidd.yperson dis is Titony1 answering your roll call cant log in to d other account.
Hapi bday dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2018
lioha:
Awof dey sweet oooo! Na so i collect 10k for Rota vaccine from DH, jejely I enter public transport go shomolu grin grin grin (from satellite Town to shomolu) its worth it

Serious!!!!! Chaiiii, u gather mind o. E pain me as I jst dash 18k ontop rotavaccine.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by katchycouture(f): 9:23pm On Apr 12, 2018
sassyangel1:

Bikonu, ayam over interested. Can it be gotten from these agbo sellers in Lagos?

I don't think so...

I actually planned travelling to the east and was supposed to come back with a lot of Aju Mbaise but my trip was cancelled at the last minute so I won't be able to get the adult mbaise as planned.. it is all over Facebook, you can check and get from them ato 500 per one, just be sure to buy it fresh and not the ones that the leaves are already drying...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2018
Bomgirl:
Pls, who has given rotavirus vaccine? Did your baby react to it?
We are to get our first dose tomorrow even though we are 11 weeks. I just want to be prepared.
Cc mamas Liftedhands and nwanneukwu Lioha (I envy you as you get am free grin grin )

No reactions. It gat dis sugary n salty taste together.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2018
kelizosuy:
Good evening mamas

Mbok I've been seeing tips on how to maintain a baby's full hair flying around lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,biko wat about us that our baby's have natural highways on their head embarassed embarassed embarassed no tips to make it come together. Infact the only hair on my princess head is just at the middle tongue embarassed embarassed cutting it didn't make any difference..

Ayam open to every tips oh biko

Jst a matter of time her scalp will be full except if u n her father no get hair. Could remember wen I gave birth to my daughter, Na oyinbo hair she carry come. Still, the ministry was not discouraged. Na so I dey pick am n use beautiful hair bands (not the tight rubber rings) dey count am n tie. From four hair picks, d ministry started moving to six, eight n nw it has gone to the permanent site. Her hair is now full n long ehnn...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1655) (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.