Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4407703 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ttomexy(f): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2018
sassyangel1:

Jst a matter of time her scalp will be full except if u n her father no get hair. Could remember wen I gave birth to my daughter, Na oyinbo hair she carry come. Still, the ministry was not discouraged. Na so I dey pick am n use beautiful hair bands (not the tight rubber rings) dey count am n tie. From four hair picks, d ministry started moving to six, eight n nw it has gone to the permanent site. Her hair is now full n long ehnn...

See testimony oo,Kelisozuy and my other mamas,very soon we will be here to give ours,
Don't mind all this people,

No human hair,we will be team natural
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:02am On Apr 13, 2018
lululuv:
How can one tell, if she has hormonal imbalance. A friend has a year old baby and she said she has been trying to conceive since her baby was 9months nd no show, my question after giving birth is there anything a mum should do to prepare herself for another journey, nd what could possibly go wrong?

Hormonal imbalance?? Since she's preparing for another journey, she should start taking folic acid and rich fruits, also track her O period. Her husband should also take some sperm booster supplements, fruits and vegetables.

One thing about gtc is when your mind is not there, it'll catch you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2018
zaynie, wow, I tot it was April pranks u were playing oh, that's y I didn't type anything. A very big congratulations to you dear. I wish you a very easy pregnancy and drama free delivery.

I wish you twins too cheesy grin cool
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 10:27am On Apr 13, 2018
lululuv:
How can one tell, if she has hormonal imbalance. A friend has a year old baby and she said she has been trying to conceive since her baby was 9months nd no show, my question after giving birth is there anything a mum should do to prepare herself for another journey, nd what could possibly go wrong?

I had the same issue. Been trying for another baby since my baby was 9mths too. Just conceived now that he is 14mths. She need to track her ovulation, and also very importantly stop being anxious.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by imurboss: 10:31am On Apr 13, 2018
Awesomemama:

When can this be given?
It's not in our PHC card
Any idea of vaccines that needs to be taken that's not in the card?

Ehen, sorry i've checked the one we collected is pneumococal conjugate while the Meningococcal conjugate is to be given at 12months. It's on our card
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Gaily04(f): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2018
Sansa143:
You are to take complete dose not to stop becos it has stopped.Try finish it u hear.

I went to the hospital I did the insertion, was told to stop the pill and it was only part of the package. I have accepted my fate as to be with AF for 10 days. The good thing is that the flow is light and not heavy.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2018
Chirolechick:
The challenge with feeding on the clock is i will have to force-feed her to achieve that as she won't take more when she reaches her usual gauge, then she throws up everything when you force her which defeats the whole idea in the first place.....she weighed 3.2 @ birth, 3.6 @ 6weeks and 4.3 @ 10 weeks, she's a slow gainer, i've tried abidec and reload still....i have worried, even cried and then I decided to let her be cos I don't know what else to do...she's not just a foodie...I feel bad when I see babies her age that are chubby, what can I do na...just hope she eventually gets big, for now she's a small baby and people don't fail to mention it to me how small she is cry

@ awesomemama your own still better

Same reaction I got when I tried feeding on the clock
They are really slow gainers, but as long as they are not underweight we shouldn't bother ourselves cus that's my only concern
I've not tried any multivitamin yet
Don't listen to people, do your best and leave the rest
My love to your LO kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 11:09am On Apr 13, 2018
Studies has shown that early reading is very important to the development of children. A lot of established people to date has testimonies on what their parents did to make them who they are today through stories 

In my case being who I am today was enhanced by my childhood memories 

These pictures
Type of books uncle brings home to the village 
The drawings
The feel of them on my palm
The hardcover 
And much more

Today am giving back to the society through KIDCO
a business outfit that support IDP camps and sell in wholesale terms to group of parents and a cheaper rate with sharing formulation ideas to recycle used after exchange circles has expired 

Check out KIDCO on Facebook and search for Kidco on Nairaland Forum under the thread NEW BORN BABIES
If you need cheap and affordable children books call 09032730510
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2018
Hi Everyone, How are you and your kids doing,,,,?

Pls Take a little time and wish the Senior brother to All the babies on this thread A Happy Birthday As he Turns 6 Today......

23 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 11:24am On Apr 13, 2018
Hello everyone.

I got someone knowledgeable to give pointers for what to look for, in a school. Please take a look:

http://nefescorner.com/picking-right-pre-school-and-nursery/

Based on her suggestions, I think we did okay and out school scores an 8/10. So we are on the right track. Please feel free to share, it's just to be helpful.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:27am On Apr 13, 2018
ayobarmy:

Pls Take a little time and wish the Senior brother to All the babies on this thread A Happy Birthday As he Turns 6 Today......

38 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2018
Chirolechick:
The challenge with feeding on the clock is i will have to force-feed her to achieve that as she won't take more when she reaches her usual gauge, then she throws up everything when you force her
Feeding is a relationship,you build with your child,dont force it,dont let the child see it as punishment.Experiment till you get what works.
Are you breast feeding,if yes.
Top your proteins:
More meat,fish,beans
Make pap with yellow corn,guniea corn,millet for your self,quaker oats,avocado pear,blue band.
Have frequent naps with baby,make out time to carry baby on carrier or back for an hour or more,take morning walks or evening errands together.
Do elaborate bathing,if he enjoys bathing.
Do naked breastfeeding sessions,with only a wrapper and diaper covering you too.
Dont let anyone or you complain of baby's weight,in front of baby.
They understand,praise,speak positively.
Good luck,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=ayobarmy post=66674162][/quote]
Senior brother,happy birthday o!Six good years,
I remember when this thread jokingly started with his birthday as a spin off of pregnancy thread.
Wishing him God's blessings and graces all the way.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 11:51am On Apr 13, 2018
[quote author=ayobarmy post=66674162][/quote]Happy birthday son! God's blessings upon you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2018
casler:

Senior brother,happy birthday o!Six good years,
I remember when this thread jokingly started with his birthday as a spin off of pregnancy thread.
Wishing him God's blessings and graces all the way.

Nice Memory Sis, I never thought this thread will still be as active as this today...... I say a Fat Amen to the prayers....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2018
Liftedhands:
Happy birthday son! God's blessings upon you.

Amen...... Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
sassyangel1:

Bikonu, ayam over interested. Can it be gotten from these agbo sellers in Lagos?

I know someone who sells, my mum bought from her. I can give u her contact. She gets them from imo directly. Reply if you are interested.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by perfectcrown(f): 12:19pm On Apr 13, 2018
ayobarmy:

Happy Birthday To Your Son sir.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Taymi: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
Good afternoon great mamas. 7months old baby running temperature (hospital yeaaaa) , what can I quickly use. What has worked for you guys mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 12:28pm On Apr 13, 2018

HAPPY birthday to the founder of newborn thread @ayobarmy jnr,wishing him many more yrs.have a blast.
Nd thanks for creating this thread.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2018
Rhemy2013:

HAPPY birthday to the founder of newborn thread @ayobarmy jnr,wishing him many more yrs.have a blast.
Nd thanks for creating this thread.

Thanks for keeping the thread Alive too

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thanks mama

Awesomemama:

Same reaction I got when I tried feeding on the clock
They are really slow gainers, but as long as they are not underweight we shouldn't bother ourselves cus that's my only concern
I've not tried any multivitamin yet
Don't listen to people, do your best and leave the rest
My love to your LO kiss

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
Thanks dear..will do my best

casler:

Feeding is a relationship,you build with your child,dont force it,dont let the child see it as punishment.Experiment till you get what works.
Are you breast feeding,if yes.
Top your proteins:
More meat,fish,beans
Make pap with yellow corn,guniea corn,millet for your self,quaker oats,avocado pear,blue band.
Have frequent naps with baby,make out time to carry baby on carrier or back for an hour or more,take morning walks or evening errands together.
Do elaborate bathing,if he enjoys bathing.
Do naked breastfeeding sessions,with only a wrapper and diaper covering you too.
Dont let anyone or you complain of baby's weight,in front of baby.
They understand,praise,speak positively.
Good luck,
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 2:15pm On Apr 13, 2018
Happy birthday ayobarmy jnr. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 2:24pm On Apr 13, 2018
(
blex444:

In addition,watch what you eat and drink.Avoid beans,eggs,garlic' also carbonated drinks for now.,colicky babies tend to react to these after feeding.
Now we're getting there.. thank you for responding. Carbonated drinks.. issorait. please what other foods do I avoid? it's so heartbreaking seeing her go through so much pains.

Mama FexCathy, thank you for your response too. God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2018
enque:

Babyhugg is good but they don't have bigger sizes after size 3...
I went back to molfix cos of dt.... Crappy n not as absorbent as babyhugg but i no gef choice.
The babyhugg is it the baby huggies?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2018
HolySteph:

The babyhugg is it the baby huggies?

No

Babyhugg is different from huggies
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
enque:

No

Babyhugg is different from huggies
Pls pic
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2018
HolySteph:

Pls pic

I don't use it anymore so I don't have a pix of it

The pack is orange in color
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awsome23(f): 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2018
ifyalways:

I always used this as a kind of guide. . .

However, other factors influence weight gain or otherwise on babies so nothing is cast in stone. If your Paed says your baby is healthy, then rest your mind

One of my twin is 7.8 and the other is 9.5 at 8months. Please does it mean one is underweight?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by funkymoi: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
Happy birthday dear! God bless you always.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2018
September/October mama's........ Am I the only one AF has not visited? Hearing how much they sell pad now am not bothered cool but DH be thinking something is wrong with me and keep asking questions sef, I told him it might not even come till a year postpartum as he's looking me like "this woman are you okay laidis" grin grin grin E joor Abi something is wrong me ni lipsrsealed will be 7 month postpartum by Wednesday

(1) (2) (3) ... (1656) (1657) (1658) (1659) (1660) (1661) (1662) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: azarenka and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.