Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431804 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 9:25am On Jun 29, 2018
booqee:
shocked shocked shocked
mahnnn I love people like you. If I had to even back my 5 day old baby, someone would even have to assist me in putting her on my back
Thanks sis. You no say yoruba people sabi back pikin wella. Na we get iro and oja
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 9:37am On Jun 29, 2018
prettymaxy:
mamas pls help me o. my ds too his 10wks immunization yesterday and since then he has been crying o. have been giving him panda paracetamol but he's still running temperature and crying me am confused and almost crying too o, his 6wks was not like this oo. what do I do.

Penta at work. He should be fine by today. They tends to get comfort by sucking and being cuddled, it may be stressful for you but I think it helps.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2018
Twogreatnations:

He would be fine before the day runs out. Just continue petting and rocking him. It's not easy. It's the Penta Immunisation that's making him cranky and cry. You can mop him with a wet towel to bring down the temperature too. Weldone mama.

Thank you ma, I hope he gets fine b4 d end of today. He slept on my chest the little time he was able to sleep at night.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 10:32am On Jun 29, 2018
PraisesG:

Check if the diapers is touching the site.
Also,if carrying or handling the site affects the child.
Try placing,a wet baby towel on the sites,don't press.
If after ,2days of immunization, the child is acting weird or getting sicker,pls take back to the centre, he was immunized.
Thank u mama, my mind have come down. imagine when a baby that only cries when he's hungry or sleepy start crying screaming with tears running down, it's really heartbreaking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2018
angeltolly:

Penta at work. He should be fine by today. They tends to get comfort by sucking and being cuddled, it may be stressful for you but I think it helps.

Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queensnow: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2018
hunniesuzie:
Oshe iyalagbo senior

Speaking of which, queensnow how now?

I dey ooo my sister I just dey low key dey find money grin thanks for checking on us mama. How u doing and your peeps
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
[quote author=Anugod post=68914165] Comman be going o, cos I kent shout angry angry

If I hear things dey happen grin grin
My new strategy now ehn, is to put baby in the middle, on the pretext that she rolls too much. cheesy If she's in one corner, she might just sleep on her neck or arm. So make she dey for centre so that when she rolls on anyone of us, we go wake up

U go soon tayaaa...when u start feeling friskyyy, na that same hand u go use carry baby to the other corner..with u in d middle once again wink wink
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
Please has anyone used this master chef food flask before?
Does it retain heat up to at least 8hrs?

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 12:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
gabby18:
U go soon tayaaa...when u start feeling friskyyy, na that same hand u go use carry baby to the other corner..with u in d middle once again wink wink
Lol. The man still comes to meet me in one corner o, even when I keep singing that we'll wake baby in that one corner dance. cheesy grin No matter how I lie baby to occupy space, he'll still find a way around embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 12:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nimi22:

Lead which way? biko na money i dey find now.

I always ask myself if my house can be as cold as this how will obodo oyinbo feel like, on rainy days I can't walk barefoot it's a socks and cardigan things
Our own cold is not that serious o, just cool breeze. Sometimes when I wear her thick cardigan sef, she starts sweating. So we still do normal clothing most times for indoors
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
prettymaxy:
mamas pls help me o. my ds too his 10wks immunization yesterday and since then he has been crying o. have been giving him panda paracetamol but he's still running temperature and crying me am confused and almost crying too o, his 6wks was not like this oo. what do I do.
even my generally calm baby cried and fussed with temperature for almost 2 days after, even after giving paracetamol before and after the immunizations. It will pass eventually don't worry. It can be really frustrating.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
jazzyjazz:
Been using it for like 3years.. it remains hot from morning till evening. however there's fake and I don't know how to identify it. the first one I got stopped working about 6months after getting it but the second one is just perfect.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 29, 2018
jazzyjazz:
I've not used it before, but I know at least 2 customers some time ago who came to complain at my mum's shop that a certain masterchef water flask didn't retain heat. I don't know about their food flask. Although masterchef is a good product.
Try dragon, it's the exact same design as above, if not the owner of the design. It keeps reallyyy hot for the whole day. As long as fakes have not infiltrated their market.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 1:28pm On Jun 29, 2018
Trendytessy:
@spiceeamiee you are not alone ma.., that's how I feel these days. I just need help. pls any mama with remedy to the back pain should tell us cos I always have back/waist pain which started since I gave birth.

In other news, my baby's creche is beginning to bring new policies now.. First, they've stopped us from entering the class, I get to drop and pick her outside (no worries here).

They are keen on me feeding baby before bringing her to school and I noticed that if I don't they won't give her till past 9 or 10. There are days I have to leave home early and my baby doesn't like her food rushed. She prefers to wake, play a lil before eating that way she won't be too fussy with food.
Her food today seems like she didn't eat much.
Also I was told I'll pay #500 if I'm 30mins late to pick her. Are these the normal way it's done or my own is overdoing it cos I think they need clearing o.

Mamas pls chook mouth

Cc hunniesuzzie
zaynie
jazzyjazz
jgracious
giddyperson
lilliesbud12
mamas that their babies go to creche
Answer me now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
zaynie:

Lol, you sha had to look for trouble first.

Its this Sunday. wink

thanks!

you know these trouble finding opportunities do not come that often, so let me use it, grin
Hope you and the family are all fine!

Lagos mamas and any mama that travelled to and from lagos yesterday - hope you are all Ok!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 1:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
booqee:
I've not used it before, but I know at least 2 customers some time ago who came to complain at my mum's shop that a certain masterchef water flask didn't retain heat. I don't know about their food flask. Although masterchef is a good product.
Try dragon, it's the exact same design as above, if not the owner of the design. It keeps reallyyy hot for the whole day. As long as fakes have not infiltrated their market.

Thanks mamm

Thanks too liliesbud12

Tired of the creche complaining that my sons food gets cold before its time to feed him.

Let me just buy a good flask now and rest.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:00pm On Jun 29, 2018
Trendytessy:

Cc hunniesuzzie
zaynie
jazzyjazz
jgracious
giddyperson
lilliesbud12
mamas that their babies go to creche
Answer me now

Late fee is common in most creches.
Mine charges 1k for lateness. So even if you're late for 4hrs, na 1k you go pay Las Las

As for the restriction, I don't like that. When I go to my sons creche for pick up and drop off, I enter inside!

And why should you feed before drop off? What's their problem sef! Abegi!

See I feed when I have e extra time on my hands (because I'm up at 4.30am everyday)
But there are days that I'm up late and I don't feed. The creche does that. All I do is to let them know that he needs to eat pronto!

In fact even when I feed him everyday, they still feed him an hour after drop off! I had to start letting then know the time I fed him so they don't end up over feeding him.

You need to let them understand that you need to leave home early and your child doesn't like to rush food. After all what is the essence of paying fees if they won't do their job

No be only change of diapers and place to sleep you de pay for o
Make Dem better park well

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2018
Trendytessy:
@spiceeamiee you are not alone ma.., that's how I feel these days. I just need help. pls any mama with remedy to the back pain should tell us cos I always have back/waist pain which started since I gave birth.

In other news, my baby's creche is beginning to bring new policies now.. First, they've stopped us from entering the class, I get to drop and pick her outside (no worries here).

They are keen on me feeding baby before bringing her to school and I noticed that if I don't they won't give her till past 9 or 10.
There are days I have to leave home early and my baby doesn't like her food rushed. She prefers to wake, play a lil before eating that way she won't be too fussy with food.
Also I was told I'll pay #500 if I'm 30mins late to pick her. Are these the normal way it's done or my own is overdoing it cos I think they need clearing o.

Mamas pls chook mouth

the above boldened are red flags in my book. what do you mean by picking them outside?. do you mean you wait outside and they bring your child to you. your child should not leave the premises of his or her room without the parent in attendance, this is a CRECHE and not primary school where you can drop at the gate. there should be at least 2 levels of security before your child is taken out of his room.

you should be able to go into the room that your baby is being cared for at drop off and pick-up NO MATTER THE TIME OF THE DAY YOU ARRIVE. it is usually at these times you will observe the condition of the room, if there are glaring safety hazards, the child / minder ratio, how the other children look, do they seem happy and content? you will even spy the kitchen, or food preparation areas and changing areas

Regarding the feeding, what time do you drop your baby off at creche. if they open for example at 7am, it is unrealistic that they ask you to feed your baby beforehand, what is even more worrying if the babies are kept till 9:00 - 10:00 before any meal is provided to them. 10 am is a bit late as breakfast for a baby. their breakfast times should coincide within an hour of drop off in my opinion.

Speak to other parents at the creche and see what their views are however I would suggest you look for an alternative facility and move your child to.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
limsycutey:
Hello wonderful mamas, how are you all doing? smiley

I have not been here in a loooong while (Aug 2016 mama) but it's so good to see some old monikers; Onegai, enque, alphahandmaiden, Zaynie, Ahnie, olubankemi (how are the twins? smiley) liftedhands (your cutie must be a 'big' man now smiley)giddyperson, jazzyjazz ...keep up the good work mamas, God bless you all.

Amen o

Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2018
Trendytessy:

They are keen on me feeding baby before bringing her to school and I noticed that if I don't they won't give her till past 9 or 10. There are days I have to leave home early and my baby doesn't like her food rushed. She prefers to wake, play a lil before eating that way she won't be too fussy with food.

Mamas pls chook mouth

When our kids kept falling ill with serious infections, we had to reduce the way people entered our classrooms and we enforced a 'no-shoes in the class' policy. Perhaps you should ask them the reason for this new development. For all you know, there might have been a kidnapping incident that they're keeping on a lowkey. I remember in one of my previous schools where an estranged mom, came into the school and picked her child up (this is someone we knew right from when the child was little but she got separated from her kid and we weren't aware of that). Police was involved and we had to beef security up.

Over the food matter, talk to the nanny or class teacher personally. We had some kids with a teaching mom one time, they're usually in school before 7 cos mom resumes at 7 in another school, the nanny or cook makes their cereal for them EVERY morning. I have a baby in my class that brings her breakfast to school, she usually resumes at 8.45 so I don't give her till 9.30 which is our snacks time. So instead of snacks she eats her breakfast then. Cos if I give her immediately she gets here by 8.45, I have to stop lessons and attend to her which will distract the others.
But ours is understandable cos we don't run a creche, its a preschool so the kids are older. So I'll say get to school way early or stick a bottle in your child's hand when you hand her over (that way they have no choice but to let her finish her meal) or have an arrangement with the class teacher to please let her have breakfast immediately she lands in school ( imagine a class of 10-12 kids with just 2 teachers, while one is focused on feeding your child, the other can never ever be able to control the other 10).

Kikikiki....in my school, you pay money for every 3 hours your child spends with us. School closes by 12.30 and if you're not here, its nap time by 1pm. If your child shuu follow and nap penren its 3k. Whether he naps for 5 mins or 2 hours....e no concern us and yes we can't have him playing while others are napping.
Okay, my child shuu nap, I will pay. We wake from nap by 2.30pm and by 3pm they're ready for pick up, you Berra be here or another 3k after school fees (daily) is waiting for you kiss whether you're 5 minutes late or 2 hours.
You won't know the pains we go through till the day you sit with just one child till 7pm and you don't get home till 10pm because a mom or dad was running late. The only way to dissuade such behavior is a heavy fine.

In all, if you don't feel confident in their policies and their ability to cater for your child, listen to your instincts and move.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2018
prettymaxy:

Thank u mama, my mind have come down. imagine when a baby that only cries when he's hungry or sleepy start crying screaming with tears running down, it's really heartbreaking
Its well, hope he is better.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
Trendytessy:

Ask for their reasons

Do your best to feed her before leaving the house even if it is milk. Most creche have meal times that they adhere to. You can speak with the owner of the creche to have special consideration for your daughter as it pertains to breakfast.

This policy enables parents to be punctual when it comes to picking up. It exists in our creche too but one is considered late after an hour past closing time. Ik is charged. When you are late, it affects the minder that has to wait behind too.

Mamas pls chook mouth

If their policies are not suitable for you, please look for another creche.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2018
enque:

We use 2 different coolers for her meals...
She is still messy wt food so this kinda compartment plated nor go work for us... Maybe when she is much older.
Check lushluxurykids or rubifor_your_home on IG, seen those portion plates on their pages b4.

Jazzyjazz, sorry I've been so busy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 6:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Giddyperson:

Jazzyjazz, sorry I've been so busy

Noted. Thanks ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2018
Finally, I am glad to be here after some years.

For those living in Ado-Ekiti, please where is Kate Stores now? I know they used to be at Adebayo at some point but that building has been pulled down.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PatKing(f): 9:10pm On Jun 29, 2018
prettymaxy:

So sorry dear Baby.
Momma, hope he is settled now?
Any temperature above 37.3 should be taken back to immunization centre only.
Panda is the right thing to do, but with no positive result, go back to centre.
The pain and crying is real, unfortunately nothing can help but patience.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:54pm On Jun 29, 2018
Trendytessy:
@spicee.amiee you are not alone ma.., that's how I feel these days. I just need help. pls any mama with remedy to the back pain should tell us cos I always have back/waist pain which started since I gave birth.

Anyone who has an answer to this. I have also been feeling this backache since I delivered too, mostly worse when I wake up in the morning sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:19pm On Jun 29, 2018
Pls i need experienced mamas here o.

I put to bed 3months ago, had the normal lochia which stopped final final at almost 2months pp. ( it stopped at abt 6weeks, then spotted till at almost 2months).

Now, I'm having this really dark brown bloody discharge. As in very very briwn. This is day 2. Biko whats happening? Should i be worried? Is it normal?

Abeg no waka pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
PraisesG:
Its well, hope he is better.
Yes he's better now, I believe by tomorrow he'll be back to his old self.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 11:57pm On Jun 29, 2018
PatKing:

So sorry dear Baby.
Momma, hope he is settled now?
Any temperature above 37.3 should be taken back to immunization centre only.
Panda is the right thing to do, but with no positive result, go back to centre.
The pain and crying is real, unfortunately nothing can help but patience.
My cappo of life how's u and our princess. Longtime oh. my ds is better now, temp has reduced
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:09am On Jun 30, 2018
JGracious:

Supermarket price in the pic attached.
Thanks dear, I'm grateful

(1) (2) (3) ... (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) (1798) (1799) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.