Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1794) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4431088 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
lessonslearned:

Am ftm too so this helped me
I didn't carry my baby often.... Thank God my mother would say sometimes a baby needs to cry a little....
So I left him to cry sometimes n now he doesn't cry when i drop him

As for the nipple pain I always massage with hot.water when bathing them take pcm occasionally.....
It has helped.....

U need rest....
Hence the body pain....

It's not easy hence God is ur strength.....

Thank you mummy

I'd let baby cry small . would do it when grandmas are not in. Cos she'd carry him when I ignore him. Would take my rest more serious and massage the nipple.

God is really our strength

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
hunniesuzie:
let me try
1. You need to put the baby down iya mi. You may just wait till you get home to start discipline. You can try using one of your clothes that has your scent as a spread to put him on, so he can still smell you
2. Most likely your posture. Sit upright and lift baby to your breast (don't bend to the baby when feeding)
3. If you can get lansinoh nipple cream please do, baby can ingest that. I hear coconut oil too is safe

Thank you mama

Would follow as guided.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinoy: 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
FAMILY PLANNING DEVICES – THE TRUTH DOCTORS WILL NOT TELL YOU!

Do you know that family planning is more harmful to your body than having a baby you did not plan?. Do you know that family planning can lead to terminal disease? Do you know that it can lead to imminent death? Do you know that family planning is not the answer to your having a good home? So much do you know. I bet you already know what it is all about, but let me refresh briefly.
Family planning is the method used in controlling number of children one has and the number of years or spacing it takes in between their births. Family planning can be by contraception or sterilization as the case may be. The different methods of contraception in family planning are the pill which is hormonal contraception, it can also be in form of injection taken monthly, bi-annually, condoms for barrier method and the most popular which is the implant inside the vagina of a woman called the intra uterine device (IUD).

Most women (married and single) are conversant with family planning and its various methods. What most women are not conversant with is the level of danger these methods poses to their health and society at large. The doctors and Big pharmacies down play the disadvantages of family planning in other not to instill fear in their patients and also to amass more wealth from the sales of drugs and services rendered. They counsel you in subtle tones on the need to go in for family planning so that you can keep your man and marriage intact. As if that is what keeps your man at home. A man that is fond of trying anything in skirt can never be satiable. In my own opinion, family planning have caused more harm than good to many women and homes at large. I advise women I come into contact with to try as much as possible to avoid any form of contraception that is not natural method. No wonder the Catholic Church and some Protestant kick against it.

Recently, a friend of mine lost a very close friend to cancer of the uterus as a result of family planning. She had the intra uterine device planted in for years and when she removed it to try for another baby, that was when the problem started. She bled profusely, almost non stop all through the months. All medications given to stop the flow was to no avail. She went from one gynaecologist to another and it was the same old story. That was when it dawned on her that the doctors will not analyze the implications of family planning to you. She battled for life and at the end she did not make it. That is one out of too many women that lost their lives to family planning devices.

Over the years, most women I came across that are into family planning have one complaint or the other. Some said the injection makes them to bloat, putting on unnecessary weight even when they try as much possible to exercise and diet, while some complain of the pills darkening their skin. Some said they come down with pimples, acne and pigmentation all over their faces and skin. While some said that family planning changes their overall system - in the exact words of an acquaintance "this family planning makes me feel like throwing up anytime any thing enters my mouth - water, drink, food etc, it is as if it did not settle well in my tummy" . Of course, I advised she run for her dear life and meet up with her doctor as soon as possible. I was glad she did because they ended up removing the IUD (intra uterine device) and told her to go on natural family planning for a while and she got her life back. A woman complained in the hospital to the hearing of others that the intra uterine device she put does not allow them to enjoy love making. She said she feel pains anytime she has intercourse with her husband... Continued at https://everydaycountsgist..com/2018/06/family-planning-devices-truth-doctors.html?m=1
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omotolanibaby(f): 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ginginet04:
Hello new mums,

I am carrying out a market research and survey for myself on a product. I sell various things from the UK (new) not used in Nigeria. I have just recently acquired a surplus stock of digital thermometers, the ones used for babies and adults. I was wondering a few things:

1. Are these readily available to everyone? My aim is to get these products to new mums for use in their homes.
2. How much are these sold and marketed to mothers.

Help, advice and feedback will be appreciated please.
available every where. got mine at 1000 in the hospital premises I gave birth to my baby

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 2:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mzleemah:
1. Try to put him down, abeg let him cry small because once he is used to carrying it wont be easy to stop him. I am talking feom experience.
2. The pain can be due to breastfeeding position and the weight of carrying baby all the time, position baby well when breastfeeding and rest please.
3. Get a nipple cream or rub breast milk on your nipple, that worked for me.

Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
keeki:

amen.thank u ma.we nearly sleep,some cannot go to work or farm.some schools have shut down for security reasons.may God help us

Too bad
It is well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
enque:

bikonu o, is there anything spectacular abt ds particular ori?

I've never used it o.
Its FloraEc that is looking for where to buy and some other mamas have equally given good reviews about it.
if you trust your source of sheabutter...no shaking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hello mamas
I'll be delivering orders placed on my braid wigs between now and July 1st for FREE.

Send a Pm to view pictures as I can't post pictures here on Nland, don't know what I'm not doing right

Come and feed your eyes even if you're not buying
Window shopping is allowed grin

They are affordable, neat, full and yet light

I have weaves and wigs coming in as well
Thank you kiss
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
JGracious:

I've never used it o.
Its FloraEc that is looking for where to buy and some other mamas have equally given good reviews about it.
if you trust your source of sheabutter...no shaking

ook
thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
arbbiegold:
Good morning house
I'm kind of bothered about immunisations for babies. My princess is 3wks and she was given BCG and Hepatitis the 2nd day of birth. Next appointment is July 1st.

Mamas that have gone through the immunisation processes, could you kindly draw up a list of the immunisations and the times to be taken please. I really want to have a knowledge of this for follow ups on my own.
Thanks in anticipation.
Most hospitals would give you an immunization schedule which is like a card thing that would be ticked after every immunization, I'm sure you'd be given one at your next immunization if you don't already have one now or you can request for it. i think they even have one at the Primary Health Centers too tho those ones are not too accurate. The next immunization after the one at Birth is 6 weeks, then subsequent ones are at 10 weeks, 14 weeks, 6months, 9months, 12 months, 15 months, 18 months then 2 years. But you'd prolly figure it out at your next immunization.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
Please mamas is it safe backing a child that is not up to a month? My mum in law started backing my baby on the 7th day i felt somehow and told my hubby I didn't like it but he said there was no implication that it was safe. Please how true is this? I hope my baby's legs won't be affected?

Also, regarding baby wipes for wiping baby poo, I have exhausted 2 packs already in 2weeks sad please is there something I'm not getting right? I've decided to start washing her bum with warm water when I'm home before any diaper change and then use the wipe when I'm out cos this buhari economy is not smiling hope I'm on track? grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by glosun: 5:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hello mama, this should help.
arbbiegold:
Good morning house
I'm kind of bothered about immunisations for babies. My princess is 3wks and she was given BCG and Hepatitis the 2nd day of birth. Next appointment is July 1st.

Mamas that have gone through the immunisation processes, could you kindly draw up a list of the immunisations and the times to be taken please. I really want to have a knowledge of this for follow ups on my own.
Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ginginet04:
Hello new mums,

I am carrying out a market research and survey for myself on a product. I sell various things from the UK (new) not used in Nigeria. I have just recently acquired a surplus stock of digital thermometers, the ones used for babies and adults. I was wondering a few things:

1. Are these readily available to everyone? My aim is to get these products to new mums for use in their homes.
2. How much are these sold and marketed to mothers.

Help, advice and feedback will be appreciated please.
Yes they are available.
I didn't buy mine it was a gift given to me by the woman I got baby things from so I don't know the price.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2018
StrongWoman333:
Please mamas is it safe backing a child that is not up to a month? My mum in law started backing my baby on the 7th day i felt somehow and told my hubby I didn't like it but he said there was no implication that it was safe. Please how true is this? I hope my baby's legs won't be affected?

Also, regarding baby wipes for wiping baby poo, I have exhausted 2 packs already in 2weeks sad please is there something I'm not getting right? I've decided to start washing her bum with warm water when I'm home before any diaper change and then use the wipe when I'm out cos this buhari economy is not smiling hope I'm on track? grin
Somebody gifted me 4 packs of little angel baby wipes when my baby was a month old. We're approaching 8 months now and I'm still on the 3rd pack. We wash bum with water at home and save the wipes for outdoor use. And my baby has decided to be shy with her poo outside. grin She poos mostly only when we're home. Infact, I had to start using the wipes at home because it was starting to get too old. Them no dey teach pesin sense for this buhari era o. cheesy

For the backing, I hope mil doesn't spread out her legs yet? I don't think it would affect her legs if they are not spread out. In fact, I heard [s] yoruba women can even back their baby from the hospital immediately after giving birth [/s] cheesy grin

I remember one woman telling me that I was giving my baby bow legs by using a carrier undecided that I should be backing her to correct her follow-come bow legs grin cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 9:00pm On Jun 27, 2018
Anugod:
Somebody gifted me 4 packs of little angel baby wipes when my baby was a month old. We're approaching 8 months now and I'm still on the 3rd pack. We wash bum with water at home and save the wipes for outdoor use. And my baby has decided to be shy with her poo outside. grin She poos mostly only when we're home. Infact, I had to start using the wipes at home because it was starting to get too old. Them no dey teach pesin sense for this buhari era o. cheesy

For the backing, I hope mil doesn't spread out her legs yet? I don't think it would affect her legs if they are not spread out. In fact, I heard [s] yoruba women can even back their baby from the hospital immediately after giving birth [/s] cheesy grin

I remember one woman telling me that I was giving my baby bow legs by using a carrier undecided that I should be backing her to correct her follow-come bow legs grin cheesy
Lol you are so right I will be washing with warm water at home from now on.

As for the backing thing yes it is something common in the south west. Mum in law is from the South West in my place we consider it too early that is why I'm feeling somehow. Please what is the implication if she spread out her legs?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anugod(f): 9:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
StrongWoman333:

As for the backing thing yes it is something common in the south west. Mum in law is from the South West in my place we consider it too early that is why I'm feeling somehow. Please what is the implication if she spread out her legs?
I think it has to do with something about her bones not being strong enough yet. Something like that sha. I started backing properly with legs spread out around 3 months
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 11:51pm On Jun 27, 2018
Anugod:
I think it has to do with something about her bones not being strong enough yet. Something like that sha. I started backing properly with legs spread out around 3 months
OK I will take note of that when next she backs her. Thanks...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 12:09am On Jun 28, 2018
Awesomemama:
Hello mamas
I'll be delivering orders placed on my braid wigs between now and July 1st for FREE.

Follow link to view pictures as I can't post pictures here on Nland, don't know what I'm not doing right

https:///4wB4wJA2fMBEp5DtoZ6r0B

Come and feed your eyes even if you're not buying
Window shopping is allowed grin

They are affordable, neat, full and yet light

I have weaves and wigs coming in as well
Thank you kiss

The link is not viewing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 4:59am On Jun 28, 2018
Rhemy2013:

The link is not viewing.

Really
Lemme send a PM

Share when you see this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by toyeem(f): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2018
StrongWoman333:

Very true. We back babies from day one sef. I always back my babies from 3weeks. Mumsy says it's d best warmth u can give a baby. Since she's from South West,I'm sure she knows she's not to spread d legs and baby's head should be supported with a flannel till wen she has full neck control. Kisses to our Yoruba Princess.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 8:52am On Jun 28, 2018
toyeem:

Very true. We back babies from day one sef. I always back my babies from 3weeks. Mumsy says it's d best warmth u can give a baby. Since she's from South West,I'm sure she knows she's not to spread d legs and baby's head should be supported with a flannel till wen she has full neck control. Kisses to our Yoruba Princess.
OK ma'am thanks I thought it had any implications. My mind is at rest now smiley
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:18am On Jun 28, 2018
Iyabeji Alias Zaynie,

please when is MHC?

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:58am On Jun 28, 2018
I don't think there is anything wrong with backing a less than one month old baby. My mom started backing mine when she was two weeks old and I did not see any effect on her legs. My baby is 11 months and I have exhausted three cartons, yes cartons of wipes. One was Huggies that had 6packs. The remaining two were Cussons that had about 18packs in each. I only started buying single ones this week when the last carton finished so better bring out money to buy those wipes

StrongWoman333:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 11:17am On Jun 28, 2018
I want to give it up to all the mothers and not here. We deserve to blow our trumpets if no one does it for us. Especially those involved in one business or the other, even the SAHM God bless you all real big and your labour of love will not be in vain.

So I have been having a stressful few weeks coming back from work and doing chores and all. Even weekends are not exempted cos before you blink, Saturday and Sunday is gone and it's back to the rat race. Anyways yesterday I got back home at past 8pm, opened the door and met a pool of water that had gone round the whole house. Apparently either I or hubby had left the tap on when it was not running so when the pumped water, it overflowed from the sink. I tried to put down my baby so I could start scooping the water and also because my back was hurting from carrying her( btw who knows what I can use for my back? It literally kills me. I have to mentally prepare myself before I stand if I have been sitting for more than 10mins. This started after I had put to bed). So I thought the water pooled only in the kitchen but lo and behold, it was everywhere. Even my clothes which I flung on the floor in the room before I left to work in the morning and my wigs too were not spared. The centre rug in the sitting room nko? I was weak. Okay this girl sit somewhere let me look for how to clean this mess, na lie. She was screaming so loudly so I had to back her again then carried bucket and packer to start scooping the water. It was in this position hubby met me. Immediately he said Babe what happened, I tried to answer and next thing I started bawling like a baby. Like angry and bitter tears embarassed embarassed. I was just so tired. The man quickly collected the madam at my back and carried her on his back (yes o, hubby dey back him pikin. No be only me born her) and asked me to go lie down. I was still crying cos at that point, I just wanted away from it all. Like I needed a time out from wifehood and motherhood. The mental exhaustion had taken it's toll. Hubby later came to ask me if I would eat and I said no. I just wanted to rest. He understood and gave her Majesty her bath and fed her. I did not even know when I slept off and only woke up around 4am this morning..Still feeling the exhaustion. Na only God go helep person for this journey.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
StrongWoman333:

I started backing my baby from day 5, as in I put her on the back by myself.

The wrapper must not be too tight (at d neck)
then, I use flannel to support the neck. Not too tight as well
Use Oja as supporter, don't just spread the leg and wrap with wrapper.

No effect or implication.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
spiceeamiee:
I don't think there is anything wrong with backing a less than one month old baby. My mom started backing mine when she was two weeks old and I did not see any effect on her legs. My baby is 11 months and I have exhausted three cartons, yes cartons of wipes. One was Huggies that had 6packs. The remaining two were Cussons that had about 18packs in each. I only started buying single ones this week when the last carton finished so better bring out money to buy those wipes

OK ma'am thanks embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
comtem2011:

OK ma'am thanks but you try sha I just feel she is too delicate for me to back and tie. embarassed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 4realwoman: 12:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Imahaps:
Please o this 6 weeks immunization is it 6 weeks after birth or 6 weeks after first immunization. we took BCG+OPV0+HBV0 on 18/05/18 7days after birth and our next appointment is on 7/7/18 for OPV1 +Penta1. Are we on track ?
it is 6weeks after birth mama, you are right on track.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2018
StrongWoman333:
OK ma'am thanks but you try sha I just feel she is too delicate for me to back and tie. embarassed
Not delicate o, and they find it more comfortable especially when they are being disturbed by colic or may be after taking one painful immunisation. Let me say its a relief to crankiness.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2018
comtem2011:
Not delicate o, and they find it more comfortable especially when they are being disturbed by colic or may be after taking one painful immunisation. Let me say its a relief to crankiness.
Hmnn Thanks mama for the enlightenment smiley .
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 28, 2018

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
comtem2011:

shocked shocked shocked
mahnnn I love people like you. If I had to even back my 5 day old baby, someone would even have to assist me in putting her on my back

(1) (2) (3) ... (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.