Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412863 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 3:15am On Jun 27, 2018
Morning mamas

Pls help my situation with your experiences. I'm still adjusting to motherhood. My lo is one month today and I need your opinions on three pressing matters

1. Baby is doing a lot of carry me. Once you place him down, it's cry. When he sleeps off in your hands and you place him down, he crys. Once carried again, he'd sleep back. Can sleep 4 hours stretch when carried that I have to wake him to eat or place him on the bed to wake up. For 2 weeks now, I've had to carry him overnight for my sanity cos was crying when placed down n I was beginning to feel the stress. Also grandmas around believe babies should not be left to cry. Nothing I say makes them leave him even if for few mins to make those pre-cry sound talk less of crying, so he's carried a lot.
Mummies I need way out o. I can't be carrying baby round the house. Is it too early to start leaving baby to cry small? I'm hoping this would help him know that carrying all the time is not possible. Or what can I do to manage this. We would return home by weekend so don't even have someone to do the carrying. I need suggestion for both day and night time so I can sleep.
People keep saying he would outgrow it, I'm wondering when this time would be o.

2. My upper body is in pain. I don't know if it's breast feeding position (i usually rest my back though) or weight of carrying baby. Even carrying baby in my left hand/shoulder for 5 mins is a problem now. Is there an exercise I'm supposed to do or maybe im not carrying baby correctly? Burping him is becoming work now cos of the pain.

3. My nipples seem like they are on fire. They are so tender (and pink now) that it hurts when anything touches them. Baby sucks well. There is no pain when baby sucks, there is only pain when he latches before sucking. Pls what can i do. I heard of nipple shield, don't know how effective but I haven't seen it to buy. Also advised to put Vaseline regularly but I was thinking, won't baby end up sucking it ? Is it safe for him? I'm on exclusive for now, so he is on breast most times.

Thank you for responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 27, 2018
Dr rashel Stretch marks removal cream removes any form of stretch marks or scar on your body giving you a smooth body. to order check my signature

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 7:32am On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=iaatmgirl
3. My nipples seem like they are on fire. They are so tender (and pink now) that it hurts when anything touches them. Baby sucks well. There is no pain when baby sucks, there is only pain when he latches before sucking. Pls what can i do. I heard of nipple shield, don't know how effective but I haven't seen it to buy. Also advised to put Vaseline regularly but I was thinking, won't baby end up sucking it ? Is it safe for him? I'm on exclusive for now, so he is on breast most times.

Thank you for responses.[/quote]

Don't know about the carrying n the pain
But hot water massage helped with the tenderness

What I do is put a face towel in not so hot water and place it on the nipple. You'll feel better after
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 7:35am On Jun 27, 2018
Our plateau mama's please stay safe
It's sad how there's no regard whatsoever for human lives

May God keep us all and our families safe and sound in good health... Amen

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinoy: 7:41am On Jun 27, 2018
Coconut Water - MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Coconut water, the clear liquid inside coconut is a good source of several nutrients. Its health benefits are numerous which I am very familiar with. In my younger days, I know it is beneficial to drink coconut water after exercise or if you are suffering from dehydration, it helps in prevention of kidney stones, fights diabetes and restores good heart health. Among these benefits, there is one very important use of coconut am about to share with my avid readers. I did not get the story from anybody. It happened to me.

I met this young lady (names withheld) who later became my friend for life, the first time I went for a job interview. We got talking while waiting for the employer of the organisation for the job we applied for.. He took a very long time and some applicants waiting with us got tired and left. I waited with my friend and few others. I never knew our being kept in the Waiting Room was part of the interview. It is always good to hold on, patience is a virtue. That is a story for another day.

I was finally interviewed and to the greater glory of God, I got the job. Few years into the job, my dear friend got married. I visited her and the new baby and I met her Mum of blessed memory. We chatted and one thing led to another. I noticed her new born baby was calm and hardly cried all through the day I was there.My friend's mother said she does not cry at all except when she is hungry because she used natural remedy on her. Curiosity will not kill me as I asked what she meant by natural remedy.

Most babies from two weeks to three months after birth tend to be restless and cry a lot. Mothers will attest to this. The doctors said that is when their intestines are gradually opening up as they take in more breast milk or formular. The old woman advised me that the first thing to give my new born baby is a tea spoon of coconut water before introducing breast milk or formular. She said I should allow it for good thirty minutes no matter how my new born babies cries. I guarded that piece of advise jealously and kept it in my heart . Four years later, I got married and put to bed a bouncing baby boy. Funny enough, the nurses in government owned hospital I used have already stressed on the need for baby friendly (breast milk all through without water/formular) for the next six months. I agreed to that. I was not being discharged soon enough and my little handsome boy almost tore my blouse open with his mouth (wondered how he knew where the milk comes out from so early) but I refused to breast feed him. I told my husband to go home and break one of the local coconut I bought and bring me the coconut water. He already knew my plans and supported me all the way. When he came to the hospital, it was a serious tug of war to give it to my son because the nurses were watching the newly borns like hawk. I managed in a no small way, though hiding to scoop a tea spoon of coconut water from the cup and quickly gave my baby. He savoured it and kept quiet for like ten seconds and started whimpering and searching for breast milk again. I totally ignored him. The nurses were on my neck. "Madam, what are you doing, carrying the baby for nothing. Bring out your breast, even if there is no milk yet, put it in his mouth. He will suck and before you know it, the milk will start flowing. I did not burg. I was bent on watching the time and waiting for thirty minutes to elapse. To cut the long story short, it worked on my first son. I started broadcasting the coconut water good news. My brother in law of blessed memory told me that I will not know how effective the coconut water is on new born babies till I tried it on other kids.

When I had my next babies, I tried the same method and bingo, it all worked. I was impressed and today my close friends /neighbours that tried the method all agreed on the efficacy of coconut water on new born babies and their tummy. Sometimes, I could not help but wonder where these old people got their knowledge. Well, I believe they have been using some natural methods before orthodox drugs came into existence.

My people, if you want to enjoy sound sleep in the night whenever you put to bed, try the coconut water on your baby. I bet you will not regret it. Do not forget that is the first thing to give your baby before introducing any other liquid or formular for at least thirty minutes. Avior!

http://everydaycountsgist..com/2018/06/coconut-water-my-personal.html?m=1

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nneejima(f): 8:08am On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=DocAdray post=68855774][/quote] Thank u ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Itissettled3: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Wow. My immunisation paper does not have 15 months. Only 18 months. Please which immunisation is scheduled for 15 months?

enque:
@spiceeaimee

Let me just kill u finally cos all die na die... grin

As per d immunisation, there is
12 months
15 months
18 months
2 years

Biko gather that money cos u go need am grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 9:30am On Jun 27, 2018
Awesomemama:
Our plateau mama's please stay safe
It's sad how there's no regard whatsoever for human lives

May God keep us all and our families safe and sound in good health... Amen

amen.thank u ma.we nearly sleep,some cannot go to work or farm.some schools have shut down for security reasons.may God help us

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2018
Itissettled3:
Wow. My immunisation paper does not have 15 months. Only 18 months. Please which immunisation is scheduled for 15 months?

the schedule has been changed again o...
my dd took at 12, 13 and 18 months, next is 2yrs in november
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:54am On Jun 27, 2018
JGracious:

Supermarket price in the pic attached.

bikonu o, is there anything spectacular abt ds particular ori?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2018
keeki:

amen.thank u ma.we nearly sleep,some cannot go to work or farm.some schools have shut down for security reasons.may God help us
God will watch over you guys.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:01am On Jun 27, 2018
Frshyo is better? Thought it would be too sweet. Does that mean all youghurts are better? There is this Pachris yoghurt hubby buys and she literally starts bobbing her head up and down in anger if you dont give her the whole bottle to drink from. I can start buying the smaller bottles of that one instead. How many days should she finish a bottle for? A bottle is 330mls.

Liftedhands:
Try freshyo, I think it's a better alternative to Ribena that's just coloured flavoured water, and keep it out of her sight and reach! Let her not see you bring it out that way she won't have anywhere to point to nor cry.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by spiceeamiee(f): 10:05am On Jun 27, 2018
True. She eats well when my mom is feeding her. She is kukuma going on one week weaning holiday there after her birthday. Thanks mama.

Onegai:

All Firstborns are picky. Most subsequent children are not picky eaters. The only constant here are the Parents, who are usually overwhelmed for their first child (and give in to their every whim and wahala) but Time and Experience makes them not be manipulated by other children.

The best cure I've found for pick eaters is another person feeding the child or other kids. One of the blog writers uses the 2nd trick: one of her neighbour's elderly mum stays with them, bored. So she became everyone's grandma. All the kids in the building head there after school for early dinner. They eat well. When I struggled with my picky eater (3 menu options per meal), I sent her to grandma for a while and it ended miraculously. Same thing happens in schools: your picky eater wants to eat with his best buds in class.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lessonslearned: 10:14am On Jun 27, 2018
iaatmgirl:
Morning mamas

Pls help my situation with your experiences. I'm still adjusting to motherhood. My lo is one month today and I need your opinions on three pressing matters

1. Baby is doing a lot of carry me. Once you place him down, it's cry. When he sleeps off in your hands and you place him down, he crys. Once carried again, he'd sleep back. Can sleep 4 hours stretch when carried that I have to wake him to eat or place him on the bed to wake up. For 2 weeks now, I've had to carry him overnight for my sanity cos was crying when placed down n I was beginning to feel the stress. Also grandmas around believe babies should not be left to cry. Nothing I say makes them leave him even if for few mins to make those pre-cry sound talk less of crying, so he's carried a lot.
Mummies I need way out o. I can't be carrying baby round the house. Is it too early to start leaving baby to cry small? I'm hoping this would help him know that carrying all the time is not possible. Or what can I do to manage this. We would return home by weekend so don't even have someone to do the carrying. I need suggestion for both day and night time so I can sleep.
People keep saying he would outgrow it, I'm wondering when this time would be o.

2. My upper body is in pain. I don't know if it's breast feeding position (i usually rest my back though) or weight of carrying baby. Even carrying baby in my left hand/shoulder for 5 mins is a problem now. Is there an exercise I'm supposed to do or maybe im not carrying baby correctly? Burping him is becoming work now cos of the pain.

Thank you for responses.

Am ftm too so this helped me
I didn't carry my baby often.... Thank God my mother would say sometimes a baby needs to cry a little....
So I left him to cry sometimes n now he doesn't cry when i drop him

As for the nipple pain I always massage with hot.water when bathing them take pcm occasionally.....
It has helped.....

U need rest....
Hence the body pain....

It's not easy hence God is ur strength.....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2018
Morning beautiful mama, please I have a question, one of my friend I preggy and her nipple is not big at all, as she find it hard to breastfeed her first baby.....but now I advice her to get latch assist (that one that draw the nipple out)

When can she start using the latch assist to bring out the nipple.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:32am On Jun 27, 2018
My hospital made adjustments at 12 months and shifted some of them to 15 (chicken pox and MMR I think). So if your baby got all the 12 months shots at 12 months then its fine

Itissettled3:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2018
let me try
1. You need to put the baby down iya mi. You may just wait till you get home to start discipline. You can try using one of your clothes that has your scent as a spread to put him on, so he can still smell you
2. Most likely your posture. Sit upright and lift baby to your breast (don't bend to the baby when feeding)
3. If you can get lansinoh nipple cream please do, baby can ingest that. I hear coconut oil too is safe

iaatmgirl:
Morning mamas

Thank you for responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:35am On Jun 27, 2018
double post
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Imahaps(f): 10:36am On Jun 27, 2018
Imahaps:
Please o this 6 weeks immunization is it 6 weeks after birth or 6 weeks after first immunization. we took BCG+OPV0+HBV0 on 18/05/18 7days after birth and our next appointment is on 7/7/18 for OPV1 +Penta1. Are we on track ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:40am On Jun 27, 2018
He needs to drink water. Try to give water first thing in the morning as well as before you feed so he's not too full for it

The twisting is colic, search for comments on it

My baby pooed every 4 days max and he wasn't on exclusive, daily poo isn't compulsory so far the poo comes out at normal consistency and not hard/pebbly

Meeeeey:
My NOT exclusively feed 2 month ds hasn't pooped for 3 days. He gases alot n it smells, he also twist like he's having tummy pain.

Pls mamas what's the normal duration he can stay without poking?

What can I do to help him poo?

I have put Vaseline using a.n.us pump but he still hasn't pooped

Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2018
After 38 weeks

ftmum:
Morning beautiful mama, please I have a question, one of my friend I preggy and her nipple is not big at all, as she find it hard to breastfeed her first baby.....but now I advice her to get latch assist (that one that draw the nipple out)

When can she start using the latch assist to bring out the nipple.

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ginginet04: 10:41am On Jun 27, 2018
Hello new mums,

I am carrying out a market research and survey for myself on a product. I sell various things from the UK (new) not used in Nigeria. I have just recently acquired a surplus stock of digital thermometers, the ones used for babies and adults. I was wondering a few things:

1. Are these readily available to everyone? My aim is to get these products to new mums for use in their homes.
2. How much are these sold and marketed to mothers.

Help, advice and feedback will be appreciated please.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ftmum: 10:48am On Jun 27, 2018
hunniesuzie:
After 38 weeks

Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by arbbiegold(f): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2018
Good morning house
I'm kind of bothered about immunisations for babies. My princess is 3wks and she was given BCG and Hepatitis the 2nd day of birth. Next appointment is July 1st.

Mamas that have gone through the immunisation processes, could you kindly draw up a list of the immunisations and the times to be taken please. I really want to have a knowledge of this for follow ups on my own.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 11:54am On Jun 27, 2018
1. Try to put him down, abeg let him cry small because once he is used to carrying it wont be easy to stop him. I am talking feom experience.
2. The pain can be due to breastfeeding position and the weight of carrying baby all the time, position baby well when breastfeeding and rest please.
3. Get a nipple cream or rub breast milk on your nipple, that worked for me.
iaatmgirl:
Morning mamas

Thank you for responses.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by lightedpath(f): 12:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ginginet04:
Hello new mums,

I am carrying out a market research and survey for myself on a product. I sell various things from the UK (new) not used in Nigeria. I have just recently acquired a surplus stock of digital thermometers, the ones used for babies and adults. I was wondering a few things:

1. Are these readily available to everyone? My aim is to get these products to new mums for use in their homes.

its readily available. Goes for 1,000 or less

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Imahaps(f): 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ginginet04:
Hello new mums,

1.Yes they are available
2. I bought mine for #500 in Trade fair
You can supply those selling baby things or make arrangements with health centers to market/sell to mothers on immunization days

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
Liftedhands:
Give him warm water first thing in the morning and keep giving even if it's just a spoonful till he goes.

I gave him water first thing this morning and my mum placed him in a position to poo and he did.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Meeeeey: 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
hunniesuzie:
He needs to drink water. Try to give water first thing in the morning as well as before you feed so he's not too full for it

The twisting is colic, search for comments on it

My baby pooed every 4 days max and he wasn't on exclusive, daily poo isn't compulsory so far the poo comes out at normal consistency and not hard/pebbly

I gave him water first thing this morning and my mum placed him in a position to poo and he did.
It was normal consistency

Thank you so much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dominique(f): 1:38pm On Jun 27, 2018
dapotemi:

Thank you. We got to the hospital and d way she was playing and dancing d doc probably think we were just paranoid. Doc says she's okay, though they did a malaria test which comes out negative. We were given some anti biotics , paracetamol and one other tin I can't remember the name now.
But shes not taking her drugs, once she swallow she vomit it out. I don dey tire sef .

Hello Dapotemi. Your Nairaland account has been compromised and someone is using it to spam. Kindly change your password via the login page. Cheers
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iaatmgirl: 1:51pm On Jun 27, 2018
[quote author=Awesomemama post=68861228][/quote]

Thank you mama

Would do this

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ara18: 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
arbbiegold:
Good morning house
I'm kind of bothered about immunisations for babies. My princess is 3wks and she was given BCG and Hepatitis the 2nd day of birth. Next appointment is July 1st.

Mamas that have gone through the immunisation processes, could you kindly draw up a list of the immunisations and the times to be taken please. I really want to have a knowledge of this for follow ups on my own.
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi mama how's how princess this afternoon

You shouldn't really be bothered, I think you were supposed to be given an immunisation record card. Here is how ours is. BIRTH: Hep B, Opv, Bcg. 6weeks: Opv1, Penta1, PCV1, Rota1.
10wks: Opv2, Penta2, PCV2, Rota2.
14wks: Opv3, penta3, PCV3,IPV. 6mnts: VitA 1st dose. 9mnts: measle 1, yellow fever.
12-15mnths: MMR, chicken pox, VitA 2, 18mnths: DTP(booster), OPV(booster).

Though d last time we went for our 9month vaccination we were told my dd would be getting a meningitis shot next appointment, that wasn't in d schedule I have..... So I belive other moms will shuk mouth...

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.