Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4422917 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
Bibada:
I am a FTM with a 12days old baby. I came across this thread while searching for a solution to my problem. I have a sore on my nipple on both breast. My LO was biting with her gum while sucking and it gave me a sore which is very painful. Everyone kept saying I should allow her keep sucking that it will heal but instead it becomes extremely painful. Had to stop breastfeeding her for a while so I can heal. I express by hand and feed with the bottle. Abeg sabi mamas how can I get the sore to heal fast. I miss breastfeeding my DD. Please make una help me for this matter.

You can also place a towel with not so hot water
From time to time on the nipple, it will give you relief and heal after sometime
That's what worked for me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
Bibada:
I am a FTM with a 12days old baby. I came across this thread while searching for a solution to my problem. I have a sore on my nipple on both breast. My LO was biting with her gum while sucking and it gave me a sore which is very painful. Everyone kept saying I should allow her keep sucking that it will heal but instead it becomes extremely painful. Had to stop breastfeeding her for a while so I can heal. I express by hand and feed with the bottle. Abeg sabi mamas how can I get the sore to heal fast. I miss breastfeeding my DD. Please make una help me for this matter.

Those people are right. This happened to me when I had my daughter almost two years ago and it was the same technique I used. I continued putting her to suck and the pain healed of its own.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2018
Bibada:

Congratulations on your baby!
Get lanolin ni.pple cream.
Lansinol is a good popular brand.

Apply to your nipple inbetween feeding her. It is baby safe and you do not need to wash off before breastfeeding your baby.

Ensure she also latches properly as that may aggravate the pain if she is not latching well.

All the best dear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bibada: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2018
Awesomemama:

You can also place a towel with not so hot water
From time to time on the nipple, it will give you relief and heal after sometime
That's what worked for me

Thank you for this info. Much appreciated

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bibada: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2018
Godmother:

Those people are right. This happened to me when I had my daughter almost two years ago and it was the same technique I used. I continued putting her to suck and the pain healed of its own.

Ahh my dear. I tried oo. I was feeding with the pain. Could not bear it at some point cos the pain was much. I always cry when breastfeeding before I opted to express while I heal. My dear it wasn't an easy something.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bibada: 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Congratulations on your baby!
Get lanolin ni.pple cream.
Lansinol is a good popular brand.

Apply to your nipple inbetween feeding her. It is baby safe and you do not need to wash off before breastfeeding your baby.

Ensure she also latches properly as that may aggravate the pain if she is not latching well.

All the best dear.

Thank you so much. I'll get the cream. Are both of them same i.e lanolin and lansinol
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Godmother(f): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2018
Bibada:

Ahh my dear. I tried oo. I was feeding with the pain. Could not bear it at some point cos the pain was much. I always cry when breastfeeding before I opted to express while I heal. My dear it wasn't an easy something.

Yea, I know it isn't easy. I used to cry to, but its one of the easiest ways to heal. Anyways, since you've sorted it all out, its all good.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 3:16am On Jul 29, 2018
Bibada:

Thank you so much. I'll get the cream. Are both of them same i.e lanolin and lansinol
Yes sis, lansinol is the brand and lanolin is the content makeup. Get pain meds safe for a nursing mom as well.
*Tips*

Expose the breast to air when not feeding.

Apply breast milk to the affected nip.ple.

Rinse with saline solution and pat dry gently.

Make sure baby is latching well to avoid further injury.

Check for thrush and or tongue tie.

Experiment with different nursing positions till you get one you and baby are comfortable with.

See your doctor if the breast becomes inflamed or have pus.

Take care.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kidco: 5:48am On Jul 29, 2018
July 23rd 2018 - August 4th

Get ready for kidco book club of Ota. 2018 Peace Fundation Book Sale

A record number of books will be on offer across five days event.

Kidco Ventures Book Club of ota, Book Sale runs from July 23rd to August 4th . A yearly event to mark the funder Author Sylvester Omosun birthday month

Thebook sale had proved to be very popular over the years with many people returning every year to replenish their stocks from all over the country

Books are progressively added to the tables throughout the sale with additional stock filling the gaps as books sell.

The annual book sales highlights the popularity of books in their traditional form, patronage shows that people still preferred hard copy books despite advances in the electronic formats.

This week event was a chance for passionate readers to see about 50,000 books in the one location.

“There is every chance you will find that book you had trouble locating previously more so because Author Sylvester Omosun volunteers in collecting the books throughout the year in preparation for this book sale.

Kidco Ventures has supported many community organisations and projects through free books and stuffed animals donations and 50% of money raised from the book sale goes back into the community

An estimated 10,000 to 20,000 books will be on offer this time

Book categories range from fiction to gardening, cooking, travel, art and children’s books.

Fiction will be sorted onto tables alphabetically to make it easier to find your favourite authors and children books will range from singing, first words, Disney boards , you amused etc. People would see the biggest range of second hand books for all ages.

Nothing will be priced over N300

WhatsApp 09032730510
Or text 08052130879

Temperance Hotel and suite is within Bells University of Technology and Adjacent to Covenant University Ota. Aka winner chapel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 29, 2018
Morning all,to the mamas that contacted me abt the veges and co.i have an update but won't like to derail so pls,follow the link below to check https://www.nairaland.com/4644592/tomatoes-etal#69791461.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:59am On Jul 29, 2018
Bibada:

Lansinol is a brand.

Lanolin is the name of the product itself for example like shea butter.

You may see other brands just make sure it's content is 100% lanolin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2018
Happy birthday FloraEC and iomoge2,may the bless and keep you.

Morning Giddyperson,morning sickness haf finish.Bia,update dairy biko.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
MHC!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHC!!!!!!

MHC!!!!!
By 2pm.
Tell your neighbor to tell her neighbor.

Big breast women....something for you o
Mamas that want to lose weight.....something for you.
I have something shiny and bright strictly for a TTC mom.

OK bye kiss

Vendors shuu get ready by 2pm mbok, cos giveaways begin by 4pm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
Sansa143:
Happy birthday FloraE and iomoge,may the bless and keep you.

Morning Giddyperso,morning sickness haf finish.Bia,update dairy biko.

Thanks dear, I'm grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2018
I get big breast grin
zaynie:
MHC!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHC!!!!!!

MHC!!!!!
By 2pm.

OK bye kiss

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
Happy birthday dear! God bless you abundantly
FloraEC:

Thanks dear, I'm grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Naomi14:
I get big breast grin
Am just passing by
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2018
Naomi14:
Happy birthday dear! God bless you abundantly

Thanks dear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by breadplanets(f): 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
zaynie:
MHC!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHC!!!!!!

MHC!!!!! By 2pm. Tell your neighbor to tell her neighbor.

Big breast women....something for you o Mamas that want to lose weight.....something for you. I have something shiny and bright strictly for a TTC mom.
OK bye kiss
Ayam interested in the shiny and bright thing grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Vendors o!!!

No be say we will start by 4, you pipu will now be interrupting us o angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2018
zaynie:
MHC!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHC!!!!!!

MHC!!!!!
By 2pm.

OK bye kiss

I want to loose weight o.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:19pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bloomingbud:

I want to loose weight o.

grin grin

Aunty calm down na...
We de see ur dp o.... n we no see any fat
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ilyfavoured: 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2018
Good afternoon mama's,

I run a mobile shop. I sell baby clothings male and female. UK brands
Contact me if interested from sleepsuit, bodysuits, socks, tops, shorts, leggings etc

Also buzz for your children's foldable chair. See pictures attached

Also have a 2 in 1 tommee tippee sterilser and a set of tommee tippee coloured bottles for sale

All at reasonable prices

zaynie:
Vendors o!!!

No be say we will start by 4, you pipu will now be interrupting us o angry

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LegitDiva: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2018
Carton character Slipper's for your kids at just 1k.

I'm in Abuja but can deliver nationwide.
Sizes from 23-35.

Call 08092806536

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
At Pristine prime cleaning services we are ever ready to take care of your cleaning palava.
Call us to book a cleaning. ..

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rhemy2013(f): 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
@FloraEC,iomoge2
Happy birthday to you both,wishing u many more yrs to come.have a blast kiss

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:44pm On Jul 29, 2018
I run Nana's Heart!
We sell all things babies and toddlers kiss kiss kiss
Come and patronise o
Follow my IG handle
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlIZYHsBAPp/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ii1llqjrw3i6

WhatsApp me on 0.8.0.24.74.01.59.
This is a strictly business line edaakun kiss

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:45pm On Jul 29, 2018
Happy Birthday

FloraEC
Iomoge2

God's blessings always

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2018
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!!!!!

Do you know that accidents happen all the time??
Yes they do !!!...
Regardless of how careful we pride ourselves on being they still occur.
It could occur at HOME..involving the kids while they play(ingesting foreign
objects, falls,etc) or the parents either in the kitchen(burns,knife cuts etc) or bathroom(falls/slips)...
It could occur at the WORKPLACE...(office, factory, etc)
It could occur while ON THE ROAD (travelling with the family or daily commuting)..
It can occur while the kids are in SCHOOL....
In fact accidents can occur ANYWHERE,at ANYTIME and to ANYONE!!!
If an accident occurs, You can't afford to be a helpless bystander or witness as your action or inaction can be the difference between LIFE and DEATH!!!
That is why it is important to have basic knowledge of FIRST AID and to have a well stocked FIRST AID KIT on hand at all times.
SAFA FIRST AID SOLUTIONS is pleased to provide you with all your First Aid needs...
Our #SAFA FIRST AID KITS are well stocked and conform to world class standards...whether it be the #SAFA First Aid CAR KIT...or #SAFA First Aid HOME KIT....or #SAFA First Aid Office kit....we have got you covered....we also have custom made First Aid Kits to suit your specification or work requirements....
All of this in addition to our
FIRST AID TRAINING CLASSES which we organize for interested individuals means that gone are the days where you stand by helpless when.....#a baby chokes....#a friend suffers a cardiac arrest...#a cut leaves you or a loved one bleeding profusely...#a ward in your care gets bitten by a dog or insect...etc.
For more enquiries..call 08032288191/08168595034.
Or mail safafirstaidsolutions@gmail.com

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hahahaha cheesy this one goodies dey involved abeg make I claim big boobs grin
Sansa143:
cheesy cheesy cheesy :DAm just passing by
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2018
Make God dash u double double
Naomi14:
Hahahaha cheesy this one goodies dey involved abeg make I claim big boobs grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.