Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,455 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396480 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 9:58pm On Jul 29, 2018
Running in with her boobs on wheel barrow!

Kai! so we have almost missed MHC!

Anyways. Lemme still drop this here.... as bed time/ vigilante reading. Make una no velx

Good evening oh!

Did you know at Mima Bear we have 2 sizes of nappy covers to fit from preemie to potty trained?! With inserts designed to conveniently fit each size setting.

Top row: Teenie One Size (TOS)covers adjustable to 3XS, 2XS and XS (extra small) and fits up to 5kg babies.
Left to right: cuddles, commando, harmony (2 other print options available)

Bottom row: one Size (OS) covers adjustable to small, medium and large settings to fit from 3.5kg to 15kg+. Left to right - Apple green, wisteria, poppy. (12 other plain colour / print options available )

Full sizing guide available on our blog!
Copy link below:

http://naturalbabies.mimabear.com/p/covers.html?m=1

For other exciting News from the Mima Bear HQ, please see newsletter link below:

https://mailchi.mp/98d6fadefe52/upcoming-events-and-product-lines-at-mima-bear

Don't forget to subscribe to get first dibs on all the goings-on! 

http://eepurl.com/dcd1sX

Have a blessed week!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 10:15pm On Jul 29, 2018
jazzyjazz:

No to funbact A please
Get baby tribotan instead

Do steam inhalation for your baby
Still keep her warm. You can get saline drops from a good pharmacy. It helps in decongesting the nose

You can equally get vitamin c for babies for her

thanks to MA.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by joyousf: 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
jazzyjazz:

No to funbact A please
Get baby tribotan instead

Do steam inhalation for your baby
Still keep her warm. You can get saline drops from a good pharmacy. It helps in decongesting the nose

You can equally get vitamin c for babies for her

thanks MA.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 10:28pm On Jul 29, 2018
Bibada:

Thank you so much. I'll get the cream. Are both of them same i.e lanolin and lansinol
Hello mama's.. hope you're healing gradually now? I have a brand new Lansinoh ni. pple cream for sale.. I bought it but ended up not using it. Though location is Ibadan.. You can quote me if still needed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bibada: 10:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
Lilliesbud12:

Hello mama's.. hope you're healing gradually now? I have a brand new Lansinoh ni. pple cream for sale.. I bought it but ended up not using it. Though location is Ibadan.. You can quote me if still needed.

Thank you sis. Dh says he'll check for it tomorrow. I'll let you know if he doesn't get it. Location is Lagos.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lilliesbud12: 10:38pm On Jul 29, 2018
[quote author=Bibada post=69816524]

Thank you sis. Dh says he'll check for it tomorrow. I'll let you know if he doesn't get it. Location is Lagos.[/quote
OK then.. take care. greetings to baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2018
my surest mamas i need your advise, my baby(1yr 4months) has been stooling for like two weeks now, its yellowish and runny like mucus, have taken her to the hospital and she was given iv injection, pleased on ORS&Zinc but her stool is still not back to normal sad
Any advise please? The doctor said she will be fine but I think its taken too Long IMO...
secondly what kind of milk do I mix with her golden morn? Is it normal peak milk or the peak 123?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Colouredgirl: 12:20am On Jul 30, 2018
I am interested pls...thank you
zaynie:
2 slots in the weight loss group for 2 moms.

Conditions apply.
1a. One slot for a TTC mom looking to lose weight.
1b. The other for a NON-BREASTFEEDING mom....emphasis on NoN o....ehn ehn
Must not be pregnant too. SLOT GONE

2. Must be over 85kg....all those 60kg be forming I'm to of fat side eyes....

3. If by the 3rd week, Coach feels you're not serious, you will be pulled out of the group and another mom will be selected to complete your 8 weeks.

4. Please if you have any health issues, declare to coach before you begin.
If for any reason you cannot begin immediately kindly leave the spot for someone who is ready, think twice before you take this slot, its for serious minded fat women only tongue

Leggo!!!!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sassyangel1(f): 12:30am On Jul 30, 2018
Naomi14:
I get big breast grin

Big breast weh sabi condom ingredients, I greet u o... Lemme come and be going.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 30, 2018
Peak 123 is okay but gloden morn for her age is a no no.It is written on the pack.Is not suitable for her now.Instead use cerelac,nutribom etal.
olamitie:
my surest mamas i need your advise, my baby(1yr 4months) has been stooling for like two weeks now, its yellowish and runny like mucus, have taken her to the hospital and she was given iv injection, pleased on ORS&Zinc but her stool is still not back to normal sad
Any advise please? The doctor said she will be fine but I think its taken too Long IMO...
secondly what kind of milk do I mix with her golden morn? Is it normal peak milk or the peak 123?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 3:56am On Jul 30, 2018
olamitie:

I'm not a fan of peak 123. I've read here that it's too sugary and makes "some" babies stool

However, you can get any FULL CREAM MILK

I use peak and Loya milk

Please ensure its written "FUKL CREAM" on the pack.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2018
Lmao cheesy cheesy
sassyangel1:

Big breast weh sabi condom ingredients, I greet u o... Lemme come and be going.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 8:11am On Jul 30, 2018
olamitie:

Get unsweetened yoghurt for her.
Try pap: half cooked, half uncooked, mix together and serve without milk or sugar.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olamitie: 9:16am On Jul 30, 2018
jazzyjazz:

I'm not a fan of peak 123. I've read here that it's too sugary and makes "some" babies stool

However, you can get any FULL CREAM MILK

I use peak and Loya milk

Please ensure its written "FUKL CREAM" on the pack.
thanks for the response, have being using normal peak milk so I'm wondering if that is what is making her stool.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 9:58am On Jul 30, 2018
olamitie:
thanks for the response, have being using normal peak milk so I'm wondering if that is what is making her stool.

It may not be the milk that is making her purge
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hajarahbadmus(f): 10:02am On Jul 30, 2018
good morning mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kelizosuy(f): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
Chail network made me miss MHC embarassed embarassed embarassed

So we got our MHC things yesterday grin grin grin grin and they are so beautiful kiss kiss kiss kiss mama zaynie even dash us new shoe and sandals grin grin.

We are grateful to the givers

14 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graciouscharis: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2018
olamitie:

Please stop the golden morn and milk until she’s ok. Then reintroduce gradually.
Whenever you experience something like this, eliminate milk. You can use soy milk for the period.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adadinmaa(f): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2018
Peak 123 is appropriate for her, but babies of one year can also take the normal family milk. I don't think golden morn is OK for that age though, there are other cereals for that age..... my opinion shaaa
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2018
olamitie:

Alot of mama have responded to your queries but i will like to chip this in too.
Firstly, take her to doctor for test. Let them test the stool to be sure of what the problem is.
Secondly, Golden morn is for children above 3 years.
Thirdly, from mothers experience here, majority complained that peak 123 makes some children stool so i would advise you to go for Dano Full cream milk.

All the best dear

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by enque(f): 3:55pm On Jul 30, 2018
Akorkor:

Alot of mama have responded to your queries but i will like to chip this in too.
Firstly, take her to doctor for test. Let them test the stool to be sure of what the problem is.
Secondly, Golden morn is for children above 3 years.
Thirdly, from mothers experience here, majority complained that peak 123 makes some children stool so i would advise you to go for Dano Full cream milk.

All the best dear

errrrmmm....
I saw something about Dano full cream milk on their facebook page, that insinuated that dano full cream is from 2 years and above. Let me attach it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
Hello sabi mamas...pls I'm having feeding issues with my DS who is 6months 2weeks old. Before he clocked 5.5months, he had an excellent appetite...took BM and Formula welllla..as soon as i introduced pap and cereals, his appetite dropped drastically. Feeding him most times have turned to tug of war...even his beloved formula, he hardly takes anymore...

I started him on multivitamin early this month but his appetite is still same..some say its because he is yet to cut his first tooth... Just wondering if there's any technique that worked for other mums who experienced this kind of issue...pls help a FTM out...

Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
olamitie:

If she is otherwise healthy and active, question What her typical diet is? And especially anything introduced of late.

If she is not getting enough fibre or her gut is lacking in "Good" bacteria it could throw things off balance.

On the second question normal whole cream peak is fine for her and she really shouldn't be taking golden morn It's too sweet. If you must mix it with something like weetabix or shredded wheat.

Some people have also mentioned it's from 3 yrs? So check the pack to be sure.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
gabby18:
Hello sabi mamas...pls I'm having feeding issues with my DS who is 6months 2weeks old. Before he clocked 5.5months, he had an excellent appetite...took BM and Formula welllla..as soon as i introduced pap and cereals, his appetite dropped drastically. Feeding him most times have turned to tug of war...even his beloved formula, he hardly takes anymore...

I started him on multivitamin early this month but his appetite is still same..some say its because he is yet to cut his first tooth... Just wondering if there's any technique that worked for other mums who experienced this kind of issue...pls help a FTM out...

Thanks

Vary his diet, there is more to solids than pap and cereals.

For me pap is the blandest thing you can give a baby, (ogi voltrons will say otherwise)

Scroll for food on the thread the lists are endless.

For a start - You can read up on some ideas here.

http://alphahandmaiden..com/?m

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iwuoahsamuels: 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2018
Yummy mummies pls help o
My 5 weeks old been sneezing and breathing like stuffy nose
Any remedies I could use or over-the counter drug to administer or need I see a doc for it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by iwuoahsamuels: 5:24pm On Jul 30, 2018
joyousf:

thanks MA.

Pls help describe how to do steam inhalation for a 5weeks old pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 5:27pm On Jul 30, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Vary his diet, there is more to solids than pap and cereals.

For me pap is the blandest thing you can give a baby, (ogi voltrons will say otherwise).

http://alphahandmaiden..com/?m

OK thanks dear...i dont think it has anything to do with the taste of the pap...i actually tried Frisogold..the rice based cereal which is very sweet and he refused it...I tried cerelac, he took very little..just today I also tried potatoe puree with fish, which came out very nice..he took little as well.. I just wish he cld get his large appetite back...

Thanks or the link...I guess I ll have to keep trying
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
Pls who knows a good hospital around iyana ipaja axis where I can get vaccines for my toddler. Thanx. C

Cc:zaynie
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
My daughter once put some cream in her mouth and I called the Dr, worried. He told me to please relax and get off the phone quickly: a 3 year old boy had drank Sniper, his mum had given him milk and everything had become a catastrophe and all the Drs were running around trying to minimise the damage to his lungs. I only pray that child made it....

Thats was why we intereviewed a Dr for how you should handle common accidents in the house:

https://nefescorner.com/emergency-safety-tips-for-your-little-one/

Please share. Don't keep this info to yourselves. Please save a child. Thanks

Btw, that patient's mum got the idea of milk from a Whatsapp broadcast (I've seen it before). Please credit the blog o www.nefescorner.com or my children will come and scatter your house for you smiley

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 6:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
enque:

errrrmmm....
I saw something about Dano full cream milk on their facebook page, that insinuated that dano full cream is from 2 years and above. Let me attach it.

Really!!! I just chartered the thing for house oo

Biko she must finish this chartered one which is likely to finish end of year.

She doesn’t drink it straight though. Only add it to her various food.

Dano should pack well and next time write on their pack the suitable age. Unprofessional nutritionist everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Akorkor(f): 6:48pm On Jul 30, 2018
enque:

errrrmmm....

enque:

errrrmmm....

Really!!! I just chartered the thing for house oo

Biko she must finish this chartered one which is likely to finish end of year.

She doesn’t drink it straight though. Only add it to her various food.

Dano should pack well and next time write on their pack the suitable age. Unprofessional nutritionist everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.