Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,121 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (1850) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4428824 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
So, concerning Dano Milk....

Dano states on their website that they are not for children under the age of 2. Which is weird, because Full Cream milk is supposed to be acceptable for children 12 months and older. Unless, Dano is saying Full Cream =/= Whole Milk.

Background: The whole idea of Follow-up milk started from its manufacturers, who were prohibited by laws of better continents like EU and USA, not to sell or advertise milk to parents of newborns (WHO had announced that Breastfeeding was best and they were trying to comply). So milk makers then packaged whole milk as follow-up milk and THEN sold it beside their formula brand in stores. So that a tired, stressed out parent would see follow-up milk from Brand A, certified by all the certifying agencies and see formula (Which states in VERY FINE PRINT on the can "Breastfeeding is best" ) beside it and think "if their adult milk is good enough for toddlers, same with formula". It's a marketing strategy.

Howeverrrrrrr, Naija is the opposite: people here LIKE cutting corners. So at one point, Golden Morn was being fed to 6 month old babies (it's not well-digested). And when Nestle announced that parents should stop, Nigerian mentality kicked in and people said Nestle was only saying that to force "wise pipu" to buy their more-expensive, made-for-babies cereals.

Now, since Nestle didn't want to get sued by anyone whose child eats Golden Morn, they slapped a disclaimer: "Not an Infant Cereal" on their packets.

Same with Dano: they have stated it on their website and Facebook. They do NOT want "wise pipu" to feed their 7 month old powdered whole cream cow's milk, then hit them with a class action suit in court. Peak already has their follow-up milk product (Peak 123), it has added sugar (that's why some Drs don't like it).

So if you are gonna keep giving your child Dano Full Cream, do it knowing that if anything happens, their asses are covered legally.

Is there anything wrong with Full Cream Milk for a child 12 months and older? Fvck no. Unless you're one of those parents who are Vegans and do not give ANY animal products to children (I have 2 friends like that, one only drank milk in uni and isn't giving her child any).

You're welcome.
smiley

www.nefescorner.com

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mamayito:
Pls who knows a good hospital around iyana ipaja axis where I can get vaccines for my toddler. Thanx. C

Cc:zaynie

Iyana Ipaja mamas will come and chook mouth!

Me and vaccines lipsrsealed
And I know sabi pass my area
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2018
Good evening mamas,

Sorry for my plenty everyday questions.

My daughter has been passing tiny watery stool, very little in quantity but so frequent she has been her normal active self just the colour of the stool and its frequency is why I'm worried. She will be 6 months by 10th of august and takes formula, pap and purity multi grain cereal.

My son has this stuborn rashes on his face head and back, baby tribotan and sudocream is not working on it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:49pm On Jul 30, 2018
Bloomingbud:
Good evening mamas,

Sorry for my plenty everyday questions.

My daughter has been passing tiny watery stool, very little in quantity but so frequent she has been her normal active self just the colour of the stool and its frequency is why I'm worried. She will be 6 months by 10th of august and takes formula, pap and purity multi grain cereal.

My son has this stuborn rashes on his face head and back, baby tribotan and sudocream is not working on it

That's a bacterial rash, sudocream won't treat it. Antibacterial ointment will.

That rash is caused by Atopic Dermatitis and it was EVERYWHERE, spreading amongst babies for at least 4 months. One of my Drs is supposed to do a blog post about it. Can I ask a favour from you?

Secondly, stop the pap for 2 weeks. See what happens.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Onegai(f): 7:59pm On Jul 30, 2018
For the mums wondering what to feed their kids

www.nefescorner.com/6-food-hacks-for-your-baby-and-toddler/

I did not give cereal to my baby until 7 months because he ate what the toddler ate. Most mums of multiple kids will tell you the same happened to them. No point in giving bland cereals and purees then expecting a miracle to happen at 12 months and the child will accept Ogbono. HTH

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tina462: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:
Running in with her boobs on wheel barrow!

Kai! so we have almost missed MHC!

Anyways. Lemme still drop this here.... as bed time/ vigilante reading. Make una no velx

Good evening oh!

Did you know at Mima Bear we have 2 sizes of nappy covers to fit from preemie to potty trained?! With inserts designed to conveniently fit each size setting.

Top row: Teenie One Size (TOS)covers adjustable to 3XS, 2XS and XS (extra small) and fits up to 5kg babies.
Left to right: cuddles, commando, harmony (2 other print options available)

Bottom row: one Size (OS) covers adjustable to small, medium and large settings to fit from 3.5kg to 15kg+. Left to right - Apple green, wisteria, poppy. (12 other plain colour / print options available )

Full sizing guide available on our blog!
Copy link below:

http://naturalbabies.mimabear.com/p/covers.html?m=1

For other exciting News from the Mima Bear HQ, please see newsletter link below:

https://mailchi.mp/98d6fadefe52/upcoming-events-and-product-lines-at-mima-bear

Don't forget to subscribe to get first dibs on all the goings-on! 

http://eepurl.com/dcd1sX

Have a blessed week!

How much and ur contact pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:58pm On Jul 30, 2018
gabby18:

OK thanks dear...i dont think it has anything to do with the taste of the pap...i actually tried Frisogold..the rice based cereal which is very sweet and he refused it...I tried cerelac, he took very little..just today I also tried potatoe puree with fish, which came out very nice..he took little as well.. I just wish he cld get his large appetite back...

Thanks or the link...I guess I ll have to keep trying

What quantity are you expecting him to finish?

For guidance, A baby's tummy is as big as their fist. So use that to gauge the food size So you reduce waste.

In the first few weeks of introducing solids a few spoons is considered success. Dont beat your self up. Do not expect him to finish a whole bowl of cereal, if he does, all well and good. He is also learning to control his tongue to swallow thicker food fed from a
Spoon rather than sucking from a bottle or nipple which is placed at a different position in the mouth. so sometimes the spitting out is just him getting the hang of it. It's only been a few weeks. Give it some time.

Feed whatever solid you give and and when he indicates he is no longer interested still give him milk, to top up afterwards. Maybe like 150ml rather than say 210ml.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by dunasy(f): 9:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
Onegai:

That's a bacterial rash, sudocream won't treat it. Antibacterial ointment will.

That rash is caused by Atopic Dermatitis and it was EVERYWHERE, spreading amongst babies for at least 4 months. One of my Drs is supposed to do a blog post about it. Can I ask a favour from you?

Secondly, stop the pap for 2 weeks. See what happens.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2018
Mamayito:
Pls who knows a good hospital around iyana ipaja axis where I can get vaccines for my toddler. Thanx. C

Cc:za..ynie

Mucas Hospital- 19 ogun street dopemu or access the place through adealu bus stop quite close to wolex polytechnic.

vaccines are administered on 1st and 3rd thursdays every month
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:

Pls help describe how to do steam inhalation for a 5weeks old pls

This should help you.

AlphaHandMaiden:

Get a saline nasal spray. It comes either as drops or a spray. I feel the spray is easier to use though but some prefer the drops.
If you see the catarrh is dry and thick, use the spray, it helps soften it up and it will be easier to either suck out or just help moisturize inside the nostrils.

You can get olbas oil, ( it is more efficient than plain eucalyptus oil(silverbird)
There is olbas for babies and the normal olbas. The one for babies is much milder. But a few drops on her bib or on her clothes - do not put directly on her skin.

Menthylatum, (, i dont know how strong the one you have is but if it is not a baby grade one, i will suggest you dilute with shea butter and rub on her chest, back and on the soles of her feet.

You can also add a TINY bit with some shea butter and rub ON her nose across the nostrils and from forehead down to the tip of her nose. Please do not put anything apart from the nasal spray in to her nostrils.

You can do a bit of steam inhalation with hot water and a few drops of eucalyptus oil.
Get help from your hubby or someone else to hold a wrapper or bed sheet over you, the baby and the bucket or bowl of hot water whilst doing the steam inhalation.

Or if you have running hot water, sit with your baby in the bathroom( may be on the toilet seat) and run the shower on the hottest setting so the bathroom steams up. The steam she inhales will help ease some of the congestion.

Try and keep her head elevated when she is sleeping it helps the congested feeling. For day time naps, you can let her stay in a bouncer or rocker. For night time, try elevating the 2 front legs of the crib.

Sorry there is no surefire cure, but these will help provide some relief.

Other things you can do is get hand sanitiser and use frequently and for other people that want to carry her either they go wash their hands or they use hand sanitiser. Also Limit access to other older but small children, as they can transmit all sorts of bugs from nursery, school and God knows where else.

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 31, 2018
Liftedhands:
Good day mamas.

Order for your ajumbaise and get rid of that belly bulge, no time is too late to start! but the sooner you start the faster and easier you shed the pregnancy fat.

Our blended spices aids you achieve your desired results in weeks!!!

Carefully picked, blended,and neatly bottled for your convenience and easy storage.

Blended spices includes
Uhiokirihio
Uda
Uziza seeds
Ehuru
Ose Oji (optional)
Nmimi.
Anise
Mace.

All power packed spices for your body's healing pleasure.

Your nursing baby benefits too cos it calms stomach gas(colic).
Aids in milk production.
Treats insomnia
Reliefs constipation.
Etc.
how do i get it,and how much is it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goodfortun(f): 1:13am On Jul 31, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

Ensure that place is dry before you wear nappies. They kind of rash is usually caused by moisture. After wiping, pat dry with a towel or tissue. Apply your prescribed cream and let it air dry for a bit before diaper goes on.

Thanks mama!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:06am On Jul 31, 2018
Jessie21:
how do i get it,and how much is it?
Please call/WhatsApp or email= 080 670 69 650 and geze911@gmail.com. I deliver anywhere thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 2:09am On Jul 31, 2018
iwuoahsamuels:
Yummy mummies pls help o
My 5 weeks old been sneezing and breathing like stuffy nose
Any remedies I could use or over-the counter drug to administer or need I see a doc for it?
Do steam inhalation ( get a bowl of hot water or run a hot bath with you and baby safely covered. You can apply sheabutter to the bridge of his nose to decongest and aid easy breathing.
But if you feel it's not getting better or it worries you much please see a doctor.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 5:12am On Jul 31, 2018
Good morning mummy and baby. Officially registering here again shocked cool, my baby is two months old and counting. Pictures will roll in soon. Happy to be back.

@ Onegai, weldone Ma, I can see your good work here
@ AlphaHandmaiden ��
@ Zaynie and all the sabi moms, God continue to bless you and your Little one's

10 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 9:12am On Jul 31, 2018
JGracious:

Mucas Hospital- 19 ogun street dopemu or access the place through adealu bus stop quite close to wolex polytechnic.

vaccines are administered on 1st and 3rd thursdays every month

Oshey! Google Map! grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 10:50am On Jul 31, 2018
Tina462:

How much and ur contact pls

Good morning . Ma'am I have mentioned you on the cloth nappy thread with the information.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bookholla(f): 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2018
Good day mothers, please I need clarification on carters product/Alibaba ,please are the carters product on alibaba platform the original carters...I just want to b sure ni. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
pls mamas help me,
my dd is 41 days today and she has been poopin constantly since I gave birth, even more than eight times in a day. Has anyone experience this and what's d remedy pls? meanwhile ppl said I should not worry about it that it will soon stop ,how true is it? Am seriously worried abt her because anytime she suck she will poop.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2018
Good day mamas, my 10 months old baby has cold and been developing high temp. Took him to the hospital and doc said sore throat with malaria. we were given Coatem, Augumentin, Bronchicum, Aciclover and Nurofen. I started yesternight. Just now the temp increased again please what can I do. Tho he has been playing since but asleep now. He when am I supposed to start seeing the result of these medications sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
Obidemiyasimi:
pls mamas help me,
my dd is 41 days today and she has been poopin constantly since I gave birth, even more than eight times in a day. Has anyone experience this and what's d remedy pls? meanwhile ppl said I should not worry about it that it will soon stop ,how true is it? Am seriously worried abt her because anytime she suck she will poop.
If the poop is not watery, slimy, greenish, whitish or blood stained no worries. It should stop as her system adjusts.

You can see a doctor if you need more assurance.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
angeltolly:
Good day mamas, my 10 months old baby has cold and been developing high temp. Took him to the hospital and doc said sore throat with malaria. we were given Coatem, Augumentin, Bronchicum, Aciclover and Nurofen. I started yesternight. Just now the temp increased again please what can I do. Tho he has been playing since but asleep now. He when am I supposed to start seeing the result of these medications sad
Dab his body with wet towel and keep hydrated. The drugs will kick in by tomorrow or next be patient.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awsome23(f): 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2018
Dear mamas pls help. my one year old bum is sore and red like its bleeding. What can I use to treat this. It's so paining him especial when washing his bum.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 31, 2018
Awsome23:
Dear mamas pls help. my one year old bum is sore and red like its bleeding. What can I use to treat this. It's so paining him especial when washing his bum.

Eyaa, i feel for him. Please no diaper during the day, leave soap for now when bathing him, no spunch too. Just warm water. Rub ori (shearbutter), free up his bum for fresh air. Give him fruits rich in vitamin or simply give him vitamin c, this should hrlp him heal up in two days. You may also apply normal powder (not dusting powder oo, it will hurt him more).

Freeing his bum, please also watch the weather around you. Its a bit cold now so you may need to wear him something light but not diaper for covering.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2018
Liftedhands:
Do steam inhalation ( get a bowl of hot water or run a hot bath with you and baby safely covered. You can apply sheabutter to the bridge of his nose to decongest and aid easy breathing.
But if you feel it's not getting better or it worries you much please see a doctor.

This works great. She can also apply the ori on the head and chest. You won't smell cold around your baby as long as you do this.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Maggiespecial(f): 9:02pm On Jul 31, 2018
Hello good evening
Please my ds will 5 mnths on Thursday and he doesn't take formula. He hardly suck breast too... Please can I start with August Secret for him now that he is going to 5mnths (although they wrote it on the August Secret that from 6mnths)
Kindly advice me pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mzleemah(f): 9:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
Good day sabi mamas, my ds has been vomiting since day before yesterday, he vomited once yesterday and again this afternoon. He is still very much active, mil said it's teething. What can i do to stop him from vomiting.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
Awsome23:
Let him go bare for now no diapers. Just wear loose pants day and night, you can use an under lay for bedtime or spread nylon with old bedsheets on top to absorb urine and poop.

When he is healed be sure to apply base cream before diaper and not leave the diaper on for too long.

Also he may be reacting to the diaper you use, did you change brands or place of purchase? Might be inferior quality.

My son and nieces reacted badly to the red Huggies so I stay clear of it.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FINA4804(f): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
@ Obidemiyasimi, just continue monitoring, if you feel uncomfortable then ask your doctor

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:08pm On Jul 31, 2018
Mzleemah:
Good day sabi mamas, my ds has been vomiting since day before yesterday, he vomited once yesterday and again this afternoon. He is still very much active, mil said it's teething. What can i do to stop him from vomiting.

Its better to take him to the hospital so he can be checked/tested. Its not always teething o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.