Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,848 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401034 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2090) (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 10:52am On Feb 24, 2019
Roseey0:
Happy Sunday Mamas

Pls who else is dealing with low weight like me?
We are 9months + but still weighing 7.2kg.

All medical checks came out ok, doctors say it's her nature.

Who has been through this?
Any suggestions on what to use to help her add small flesh and look her age.

Food time is war time. I have tried everything. She only takes pap and adult food, which she will just eat few spoons and stop. Drink water and play the whole day.

If she takes pap well why not try to enrich the pap with fruits like banana, avocado and the likes or add nutritious grains to the pap e.g. the popular tom brown. Weldone mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2019
Roseey0:
Happy Sunday Mamas

Food time is war time. I have tried everything. She only takes pap and adult food, which she will just eat few spoons and stop. Drink water and play the whole day.

Yoghurt. Give everyday with eggs. Full fat yoghurt not greek or skimmed.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 2:38pm On Feb 24, 2019
zaynie:

Have you tried mashed adult food?
Mashed sweet potato and butter is always a hit. You can try it as a puree if she's willing to take it too.

My kids are always low weight. But I make sure I give them egg every day, at least one egg.
Then check Alphahandmaidens posts, I think she made a thread on this.
Please what kind of butter?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2019
StrongWoman333:
Please what kind of butter?

I use Golden Penny butter for my kids.
But before now, I used blue band, the spreading one.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Zino89: 4:07pm On Feb 24, 2019
Mamas I want to go into egg business Please I need a poultry farm in Badagry axis to supply crates of eggs ..... mention me if you know any... Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 4:18pm On Feb 24, 2019
zaynie:

Blue band isn't butter, more like margarine. Butter is usually in a solid form and in the shape of a cylinder and wrapped with paper. It usually has thr salted and unsalted variant.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 4:47pm On Feb 24, 2019
Hello mamas. Please I need your advice. We went for immunization for 10weeks, a week ago. However, the injection site is still swollen and hard but not that painful. Is there any home remedy for the swelling or should I just head back to the hospital...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 4:57pm On Feb 24, 2019
Bloomingbud:

If she takes pap well why not try to enrich the pap with fruits like banana, avocado and the likes or add nutritious grains to the pap e.g. the popular tom brown. Weldone mama.
Once she tastes anything foreign in it, she will not take it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 5:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
zaynie:

Have you tried mashed adult food?
Mashed sweet potato and butter is always a hit. You can try it as a puree if she's willing to take it too.

My kids are always low weight. But I make sure I give them egg every day, at least one egg.
Then check Alphahandmaidens posts, I think she made a thread on this.

Tried all. She prefers to chew than take anything pureed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 5:04pm On Feb 24, 2019
rvpbae:

Yoghurt. Give everyday with eggs. Full fat yoghurt not greek or skimmed.

I will try this. Can you recommend any brand?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 5:16pm On Feb 24, 2019
Giddyperson:

How are you doing, hope they are behaving well there?

Biko who knows when Big brother is starting lemme know when to subscribe my dstv

Somebody wants to goan take territory in the big brother thread
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by faithpeace: 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
My 2weeks old baby has rashes around her neck and back.d rash is looking like ripped pimples.am using boot baby soap and cream for her..plz mothers what can I use 2 clear dis rashes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 6:48pm On Feb 24, 2019
Trendytessy:
Hello mamas, pls I need toy ideas for an 18 months baby girl. My baby no longer plays with the ones she has, spends time scattering things that she isn't suppose to.., so I just need something to gain her attention aside TV.

Also, Enugu mamas I'll like recommendations of good hospitals and schools around New Haven and it's axis. We are still new here.

Thanks.

Responses pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2019
zaynie:

OK thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2019
angeltolly:

Somebody wants to goan take territory in the big brother thread
lol true sef, lemme go and see what's happening there
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
Trendytessy:

Responses pls
Guess everyone is in the same shoes as you that's why you got no responses. I think they have to get a bit older first, maybe 3, b4 they start really caring about toys. For now they're just more attracted to forbidden things and nothing you buy for them can change that. I don't know about Enugu hospitals

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2019
faithpeace:
My 2weeks old baby has rashes around her neck and back.d rash is looking like ripped pimples.am using boot baby soap and cream for her..plz mothers what can I use 2 clear dis rashes
For neck rashes, i just like to keep the site clean and dry because the next doesn't get a lot of air and rashes there can easily turn to an eyesore. But if the day is really cold and I know he isn't going to sweat then i'd put a little baby tribotan, morning and night, after bath.

For the back, baby tribotan too and stop the cream for now
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2019
Trendytessy:
Hello mamas, pls I need toy ideas for an 18 months baby girl. My baby no longer plays with the ones she has, spends time scattering things that she isn't suppose to.., so I just need something to gain her attention aside TV.

Also, Enugu mamas I'll like recommendations of good hospitals and schools around New Haven and it's axis. We are still new here.

Thanks.

Toy ideas for 18 months

Your bag, keys, paper, empty cups, empty pots, your phone, remote control and the likes. If you buy any toy, she will most likely abandon it within the first few weeks of using it.

#myexperience

7 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 8:56pm On Feb 24, 2019
JGracious:

Toy ideas for 18 months

Your bag, keys, paper, empty cups, empty pots, your phone, remote control and the likes. If you buy any toy, she will most likely abandon it within the first few weeks of using it.

#myexperience

Esp Dstv/gotv remote and crayon for your beautiful walls.
The only atteaction now is the advert channel 100 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyconcepts(f): 9:06pm On Feb 24, 2019
rvpbae:
Abuja moms, pls where can i get ORIGINAL honey, shea butter and coconut oil? Abeg kindly refer me to anyone that sells.

We sell unadulterated coconut oil and we deliver to Abuja or we can hook you up with our Abuja stockist ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:29pm On Feb 24, 2019
JGracious:

Toy ideas for 18 months

#myexperience

grin grin grin grin grin

I swear this is funny. My son in 11months and i swear my kitchen cupboards don hear am. He will just go there, open cupboards and take plastic containers and bring them to the sitting room one by one. Thankfully my pots are heavy duty, he can't carry them yet.

He just discovered gas knobs and oven too. The way he rushes to the kitchen when he hears the door open makes me wonder if he is boiling rice or something undecided. His toys doesn't interest him anymore.

8 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:31pm On Feb 24, 2019
faithpeace:

Stop the cream for now. Make sure she isn't overdressed, the weather is hot. Also ensure you clean her up properly after feeding in case milk spills to her neck.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2019
Roseey0:

I will try this. Can you recommend any brand?

I used farmfresh before but now i buy from someone who makes it fresh. Just buy the one with active cultures or check online on IG, lots of vendors there.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Trendytessy(f): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2019
Giddyperson:

Guess everyone is in the same shoes as you that's why you got no responses. I think they have to get a bit older first, maybe 3, b4 they start really caring about toys. For now they're just more attracted to forbidden things and nothing you buy for them can change that. I don't know about Enugu hospitals

OK... Thanks. I'll just keep shouting then

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chirolechick: 10:45pm On Feb 24, 2019
I know how you feel trust me, this was our weight at 9months too, whenever we go for immunization and it gets to our turn for weighing, that’s how they will start advising me o, give her this give her that, as if they live with me and see my daily struggle, my girl takes only pap and frisogold rice cereal, with fight o, any other thing you’re on your own, if you put anything in the pap in the name of extra nutrition, she will throw it up, even milk, it has to be almost nonexistent in the pap before she will take it,

On top of her lepa weight, she vomits whenever she’s teething so imagine someone weighing 7.5 throwing up for 3 days, wetin remain? I just recently tried August cereal nutty meal and she took it plus I took her to the hospital on Friday to complain again about her weight and doctor gave us supplement that has been working wonders, she has been eating every 2 hrs and has been taking the nutty meal amazingly well, I was asked to bring her back after a month to re-weigh her and monitor improvement, it has turned to a war something o even hospital is following me to fight the war to make her gain weight lol

You can try the cereals, it has the millets, groundnut and soya bean stuff so you don’t have to worry about adding anything to her pap, though I add their powdered crayfish and olive oil while preparing,

Roseey0:
Happy Sunday Mamas

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by whyworryPH(f): 11:01pm On Feb 24, 2019
Chynna:

o2tvseries.com. Not just Greys Anatomy, any other series you want.
Will check this out. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by maradelkitchen(f): 11:12pm On Feb 24, 2019
Trendytessy:

Responses pls

For the hospital,I don't know much about New haven.

But if you need a hospital with a paediatrician I'll suggest Enugu State Teaching Hospital,Parklane.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 2:32am On Feb 25, 2019
Hi mama. I changed her pap to just corn and the poo has reduced to two times now and has a better texture.
I'll also finish the zinc treatment. Thanks mama smiley
PraisesG:

Please, change the pap to only corn and see if her system adjusts.
It depends on system, four times may not be too much,just continue with zinc only.
Do see,a doctor if after three days,no improvement.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 2:38am On Feb 25, 2019
I know it's strong. That's why I said a drop or two.
It's worked for me so far. You are saying it as if I said she should pour dettol in her baby's cream. Easy. undecided
helovesme:

what did I just read? shocked shocked shocked shocked

you mix your baby's body cream with liquid Dettol antiseptic ? shocked shocked shocked

**sighs**

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 4:39am On Feb 25, 2019
Chirolechick:
I know how you feel trust me, this was our weight at 9months too, whenever we go for immunization and it gets to our turn for weighing, that’s how they will start advising me o, give her this give her that, as if they live with me and see my daily struggle, my girl takes only pap and frisogold rice cereal, with fight o, any other thing you’re on your own, if you put anything in the pap in the name of extra nutrition, she will throw it up, even milk, it has to be almost nonexistent in the pap before she will take it,

On top of her lepa weight, she vomits whenever she’s teething so imagine someone weighing 7.5 throwing up for 3 days, wetin remain? I just recently tried August cereal nutty meal and she took it plus I took her to the hospital on Friday to complain again about her weight and doctor gave us supplement that has been working wonders, she has been eating every 2 hrs and has been taking the nutty meal amazingly well, I was asked to bring her back after a month to re-weigh her and monitor improvement, it has turned to a war something o even hospital is following me to fight the war to make her gain weight lol

You can try the cereals, it has the millets, groundnut and soya bean stuff so you don’t have to worry about adding anything to her pap, though I add their powdered crayfish and olive oil while preparing,

Am even considering becoming a distributor for AG soon. She started teething early this year. It has been a stressful experience.
Will keep trying. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 4:43am On Feb 25, 2019
Anniebamba1:
Hi mama. I changed her pap to just corn and the poo has reduced to two times now and has a better texture.
I'll also finish the zinc treatment. Thanks mama smiley
If the corn pap is okay for the baby, perhaps you continue with just corn and gradually re introduce the brown pap knowing fully well it's contents.
Take care!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 7:29am On Feb 25, 2019
Darsty99:
Hello mamas. Please I need your advice. We went for immunization for 10weeks, a week ago. However, the injection site is still swollen and hard but not that painful. Is there any home remedy for the swelling or should I just head back to the hospital...

Mama just leave it..it will go down on its own... happened to us two weeks ago too...dnt press it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2090) (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.