Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409123 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adayoung(f): 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2019
Good day mamas, how do I get my dd to start taking pap and other food apart from bm ? Giving her pap is tug of war for us. pls help. She'll be 6 months in a few weeks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helen4(f): 12:35pm On Mar 02, 2019
Good afternoon mamas. My two months old baby poop like ten times yesterday and it's green ish-mucus like with little seeds like egusi. She's eating well(exclusive) and not tired, very active and playful but the frequency is alarming. The colour wasn't like that before, It was yellowish with little seeds like egusi. She has done twice this morning. A friend recommended baby flaggyl, zinc and ors. Please any help. Ftm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by PraisesG(f): 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
helen4:
Good afternoon mamas. My two months old baby poop like ten times yesterday and it's green ish-mucus like with little seeds like egusi. She's eating well(exclusive) and not tired, very active and playful but the frequency is alarming. The colour wasn't like that before, It was yellowish with little seeds like egusi. She has done twice this morning. A friend recommended baby flaggyl, zinc and ors. Please any help. Ftm.
Please take to hospital,too young.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helen4(f): 1:42pm On Mar 02, 2019
PraisesG:
Please take to hospital,too young.
OK ma'am. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tabithaola(f): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2019
helen4:

Sorry for that dearie. Please don't give her baby flagyl. Take her to the hospital as earlier advised. My essence just stopped stooling. She stooled for almost three weeks+ teething stool,so you can imagine what she went through.I was told by a paediatrician that rota virus is out and that's what children are going through now. I pray hers stops as soon as possible but it doesn't weaken them just that my baby has lost so much weight which worries me and hubby,but the bitter truth is,we can't help other than seeking medical help. We were practically in and out hospital but thank God she's doing just fine.

Your baby will definitely be fine but please take her to the hospital and be as neat as possible. During the phase,I sanitize every of my baby's items and noone touches her without using sanitizer. I know its not easy just try. The lord is your strength.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
comtem2011:
Pls, is the combination of soyabeans, crayfish, dry fish etc called August Secret?
No, August Secrets is a the name of one Nigerian company that produces baby food. They sell blended crayfish and dry fish too
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:09pm On Mar 02, 2019
Adayoung:
Good day mamas, how do I get my dd to start taking pap and other food apart from bm ? Giving her pap is tug of war for us. pls help. She'll be 6 months in a few weeks
She can start taking solids, they don't have to be full meals yet, just start by giving her a few spoons at a time until she gets used to them. You can try pap, mashed potatoes, yam or ripe plantain porride, beans, you can also put a few spoons of your own food like rice, eba in her mouth when you're eating. With time you would know what she likes
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2019
My cry period cry is cry back cry It cry wasn't cry even cry up cry to cry two cry months cry post cry delivery cry. This cry is cry just cry village cry people cry.
On cheesy the cheesy bright cheesy side cheesy i cheesy haven't cheesy played cheesy any cheesy rough cheesy play tongue

Biko we started potty training or something that looks like potty training undecided. We started last week and up until now, she still doesn't know you're meant to poo or pee inside the potty. In fact if she starts pooping and i take off her diaper she stops. If i make her sit on the potty she stops too. I've tried putting a diaper in the potty, it didn't work. How did you people finally do it? Flora EC i know there was a time this was driving you crazy, how did you finally do it. Anyone else, especially anyone who's toddler stays home.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MysTeerioz(f): 6:00pm On Mar 02, 2019
MysTeerioz:
Hello Mommas, FTM here and my boy is 6months plus... still on EBF cuz I'm kinda scared of introducing solids (constipation, infection and me just being paranoid sha) but he can jump for joy when he sees me carrying food ehn.
I would start pap soon but I've no idea how to make it.
Should it be very watery or have a little thick consistency?

Follow up...
I made the pap watery and added formula (NAN 2)--- chairman refused
I made the pap watery and added breastmilk------------- chairman refused
I made the pap same watery consistency, added nothing, fed with spoon and he seemed to enjoy it because he didn't close his mouth till it finished....
I don't understand chairman ooo
Even me I don't like sour pap without milk and sugar unless I'm sick... chai!! shocked shocked shocked
He even ate mashed yam this morning ehn and and even protested when I was too slow in bringing the food to His mouth....

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
Giddyperson:
My cry period cry is cry back cry It cry wasn't cry even cry up cry to cry two cry months cry post cry delivery cry. This cry is cry just cry village cry people cry.
On cheesy the cheesy bright cheesy side cheesy i cheesy haven't cheesy played cheesy any cheesy rough cheesy play tongue

Biko we started potty training or something that looks like potty training undecided. We started last week and up until now, she still doesn't know you're meant to poo or pee inside the potty. In fact if she starts pooping and i take off her diaper she stops. If i make her sit on the potty she stops too. I've tried putting a diaper in the potty, it didn't work. How did you people finally do it? FloraEC i know there was a time this was driving you crazy, how did you finally do it. Anyone else, especially anyone who's toddler stays home.
I'm here looking for Af cry cry cry, been cramping since yesterday.
School helped me out
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:50pm On Mar 02, 2019
FloraEC:

I'm here looking for Af cry cry cry, been cramping since yesterday.
School helped me out
shocked shocked Happy cramping
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2019
MysTeerioz:

Follow up...
I made the pap same watery consistency, added nothing, fed with spoon and he seemed to enjoy it because he didn't close his mouth till it finished....
Even me I don't like sour pap without milk and sugar unless I'm sick... chai!! shocked shocked shocked
He even ate mashed yam this morning ehn and and even protested when I was too slow in bringing the food to His mouth....
Try thick pap with crayfish and formula. If he rejects it then you'll know he prefers his pap without formula, so u can give him just pap with crayfish. A lot of kids prefer plain pap.

Also since he's 6 months already, just give him whatever food you eat, as long as there's no bone or pepper and you can mash his too for easy swallowing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2019
Giddyperson:

No, August Secrets is a the name of one Nigerian company that produces baby food. They sell blended crayfish and dry fish too
ok, thanks very much. I be loki gurl.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2019
MysTeerioz:

Follow up...

Nothing wrong with plain pap actually!

Just free the young man to eat whatever he likes o jare!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Funmi2510: 8:24pm On Mar 02, 2019
Good evening mamas...pls my baby has constipation he is 4months old......what else can I use to thru his bowel apart from water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2019
Giddyperson:

Biko we started potty training or something that looks like potty training undecided. We started last week and up until now, she still doesn't know you're meant to poo or pee inside.

The potty training stage undecided
Stage one: familiarization stage, get a nice comfy potty and let her just get used to it, not for poop or pee but just to see it as a new sit grin, if she sits for 2 mins only, applaud her. Bring it to d sitting room self so that she can sit and watch small cartoons.
Stage two: the running around stage, while at home, ditch the diapers for now except sleeping, if she makes a poop poop face before pooping, then you are lucky, as soon as she starts, just dive to d potty no matter how little poop or pee you catch cheesy you are making progress. NNE, this stage takes work and determination. With time, she would come around and start indicating she wanna poop especially if she can attribute the act to words, like my son would say mummy peepee, or mummy hmmmm(smelly sound), for poop grin
This stage can take from one week to several weeks or months so you need patience.
Another thing that worked for me was prayers, yes prayers, I had to Involve baba God cos I was almost getting frustrated before he had mercy on me grin.
Goodluck.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helen4(f): 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2019
tabithaola:

Sorry for that dearie. Please don't give her baby flagyl. Take her to the hospital as earlier advised. My essence just stopped stooling. She stooled for almost three weeks+ teething stool,so you can imagine what she went through.I was told by a paediatrician that rota virus is out and that's what children are going through now. I pray hers stops as soon as possible but it doesn't weaken them just that my baby has lost so much weight which worries me and hubby,but the bitter truth is,we can't help other than seeking medical help. We were practically in and out hospital but thank God she's doing just fine.

Your baby will definitely be fine but please take her to the hospital and be as neat as possible. During the phase,I sanitize every of my baby's items and noone touches her without using sanitizer. I know its not easy just try. The lord is your strength.
amen. Thanks momma, I really appreciate your response. I will do just that. Thanks again ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 9:49pm On Mar 02, 2019
mothers d rashes on my DD is driving me crazy, going and coming she was barely 3months wen it all started and uptil nw still on it later discovered its dry skin,xstarted using dove soap and ori as cream, took her to see a dermatologist 2days ago, sebamed body wash and cream was prescribed, cud not get d body wash even in shoprite self but d rashes on her face is not making her look good at all mere seeing it brakes my heart pls wot can I use to clear d rashes on her face and dis on her leg

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2019
eolowu1:
mothers d rashes on my DD is driving me crazy, going and coming she was barely 3months wen it all started and uptil nw still on it later discovered its dry skin,xstarted using dove soap and ori as cream, took her to see a dermatologist 2days ago, sebamed body wash and cream was prescribed, cud not get d body wash even in shoprite self but d rashes on her face is not making her look good at all mere seeing it brakes my heart pls wot can I use to clear d rashes on her face and dis on her leg

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
[quote author=eolowu1 post=76293773][/quote]

You need a very good moisturizing soap and cream.
You also need to moisturize her skin like 3 times daily.
That's severe dry skin on her legs.
But I think her face is cos you cover her up too much o. Looks like she's sweating which is a precursor to some annoying heat laidat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2019
zaynie:

You need a very good moisturizing soap and cream.
You also need to moisturize her skin like 3 times daily.
That's severe dry skin on her legs.
But I think her face is cos you cover her up too much o. Looks like she's sweating which is a precursor to some annoying heat laidat.
its ori not sweat moreover d pic was taken during harmattan Dats y I covered her up pls can u name a gud moisturizing soap,hw can I clear off d rashes on her face
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 10:44pm On Mar 02, 2019
eolowu1:

its ori not sweat moreover d pic was taken during harmattan Dats y I covered her up pls can u name a gud moisturizing soap,hw can I clear off d rashes on her face

Fake orí will cause skin irritation o.
I have a really dry skin too and the only orí that has never given me rashes was the one a mama here gave me. All other orí will make me break out.

I'll say leave her face alone. Wash with moisturizing soap but don't use any lotion.
Use sebamed as advised.

Where do you stay?
So that someone can help with the closest place to get Sebamed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:18pm On Mar 02, 2019
eolowu1:

Stop the dove soap and Ori you are using.

If you are in Lagos, check healthplus or medplus for sebamed body wash. Big stockists of baby items usually have it too.

You also check there for jimpo ori. It has good recommendations from mamas here.

Aveeno baby soap have also worked for dry skin but go with the dermatologist's recommendations first.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 11:26pm On Mar 02, 2019
Funmi2510:
Good evening mamas...pls my baby has constipation he is 4months old......what else can I use to thru his bowel apart from water

Is your baby EBF?
If yes, you as the mum should take more fruits and vegetables.

If no, water is still your best option preferably lukewarm water first thing in the morning.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:46pm On Mar 02, 2019
eolowu1:

Stop the ori, I'm certain that's the culprit, it might be clogging her pores. For the legs, i think she has dry skin, you need to moisturize very well. Check healthplus and co for sebamed or if you are on IG, lots of vendors sell.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 12:21am On Mar 03, 2019
eolowu1:

I dunno but fear of fake and original oriOr cold pressed/hot pressed grin grin coconut oil makes me opt for Olive oil.
Your baby has dry skin and needs to be mosturised cos that is exactly how mine looks when its dry.
For her face can you let it breathe at least for one week?
Is the clothing not too much?

I dunno abt soaps cos na cussons me i dey use.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by faithpeace: 2:18am On Mar 03, 2019
Abeg sabi mama Mk una help me chuk mouth for this matter, I have a 2weeks old new born and one side of her head is soft as if there is no bone on that side and higher than the other side,not the normal soft spot on the Baby's front head dis one is by the side of the head close 2 the ear.don't know if is something I should b worried about.am a FTM
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 3:18am On Mar 03, 2019
faithpeace:
Abeg sabi mama Mk una help me chuk mouth for this matter, I have a 2weeks old new born and one side of her head is soft as if there is no bone on that side and higher than the other side,not the normal soft spot on the Baby's front head dis one is by the side of the head close 2 the ear.don't know if is something I should b worried about.am a FTM

Was the baby observed after birth and before you were discharge?
Please take the baby to a Dr for proper look and express your observation.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adayoung(f): 3:53am On Mar 03, 2019
Giddyperson:
She can start taking solids, they don't have to be full meals yet, just start by giving her a few spoons at a time until she gets used to them. You can try pap, mashed potatoes, yam or ripe plantain porride, beans, you can also put a few spoons of your own food like rice, eba in her mouth when you're eating. With time you would know what she likes
Thks I hope she takes these
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 4:11am On Mar 03, 2019
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Roseey0(f): 4:12am On Mar 03, 2019
eolowu1:

Order sebamed online (jij,jumia)if you can't find around.

Ori and coconut oil or palm kernel oil
Give it time,
It will clear
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by glimpse(f): 4:30am On Mar 03, 2019
Please my baby is 1month old. I think he has colic. He has been crying, stretches so much.

Mama's please, what do I do? Hubby and I haven't slept this night.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.