Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4405305 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by funkymoi: 4:30pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=dapotemi post=77036679]

My daughter went through this same thing for months. Only at night o. I spent so much on hospital bills and buying every kind of cough relief drugs and antibiotics. Total relief came when an in-law said it might be allergy.
I got Loratidine syrup and that was the end of my troubles. Once the cough starts,i administer it immediately and it goes away.
It was later that it was addressed on ask the paediatricians on Facebook and they said night cold and cough is mostly from allergies.
Try it and I'm sure it'll work.
All the best.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 6:44pm On Mar 27, 2019
Please how can I stop my baby from eating papers?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Owasgirl(f): 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2019
HolySteph:
Please how can I stop my baby from eating papers?

cheesy cheesy so, I'm not alone on this. My DD is so attracted to papers but she doesn't eat it though cos I don't allow her.

To answer your question, keep papers out of her reach.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:19pm On Mar 27, 2019
Rbae:

Ok
Thanks so much mama. I will get it. Did it work well for you?
Yea it did
I drank it warm. Mixed it with my tea, dissolved my pap with it cos the taste alone is bleh

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by helen4(f): 10:02pm On Mar 27, 2019
[quote author=dapotemi post=77036679] We experienced this when my adopted daughter came in newly. Once the clock struck for 11pm her coughing spree starts, we hardly slept. lots of drugs were prescribed including antibiotics, no improvement. We did an xray as well as some tests, they said it's infection, we were given some drugs but nothing changed. One night, as she started coughing, I moved her from the room to another one ( i was thinking the place was too humid for her) and the cough subsided, she started sleeping in the new room and that was all, no more coughing. The bottom line is your baby might be reacting to something around her or it might be an allergic reaction.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 11:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
dapotemi:
Hello mamas, pls my daughter is a year plus seven month now and we have been struggling wit this persistent cough and catarrh for close to two month. Been to 3 diff hospital, met a paedritrician and its jus a slight improvement I notice after taking countless drugs. The cough usually start at night( let's say 1am to 5am). We had chest x-ray and it was okay. Anyone experiencing this in d house. Any suggestion. Night cough and catarrh that has refuse to go.

When they cough like that at night only, then she is definitely reacting to something on the bed or in the room. An allergy or so. Check bedsheets, pillow cases, pyjamas, dust etc
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Geesucc: 12:48am On Mar 28, 2019
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 6:11am On Mar 28, 2019
Please what happens if immunization is missed by 2 weeks. I mean like implications healthwise.

Last immunization was 12months, next is 13 month, but we're taking it at 13month 2 weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:20am On Mar 28, 2019
claseek:
Please what happens if immunization is missed by 2 weeks. I mean like implications healthwise.

Last immunization was 12months, next is 13 month, but we're taking it at 13month 2 weeks.
lol you've been so faithful to your schedule. Im always a month or more behind. I don't think 2 weeks would have any implications
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by HolySteph(f): 6:24am On Mar 28, 2019
Owasgirl:

cheesy cheesy so, I'm not alone on this. My DD is so attracted to papers but she doesn't eat it though cos I don't allow her.

To answer your question, keep papers out of her reach.
I do ma'am but he goes around the house sniffing out any form of paper. It's frustrating sometimes because I can't be keeping eyes on him always when I'm busy., the worse I caught him chewing his father's international passport I started becoming worried about his taste for papers.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Aitee1: 6:46am On Mar 28, 2019
HolySteph:

I do ma'am but he goes around the house sniffing out any form of paper. It's frustrating sometimes because I can't be keeping eyes on him always when I'm busy., the worse I caught him chewing his father's international passport I started becoming worried about his taste for papers.

It means your credentials are not safe either cheesy

Kids though, the rate my DD act so fast when any paper is close to her ehen fear gripped me the first day I saw it she acted as if she was on a mission grin

Just try and keep them out of his reach

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pascopele: 8:09am On Mar 28, 2019
NEVER place babies on their stomachs to sleep

Babies should sleep on their backs, this helps reduce the chances of babies dying suddenly!

Babies can be placed on their stomach when they are awake and playing

Please share to save a baby's life

Don’t use pillows, blankets, quilts, sheepskins,
pillow-like crib bumpers in your baby’s sleep area, and keep all those items away from your baby’s face.

They should also not sleep on adult mattresses or sofas, always in their cribs

This prevents Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 8:41am On Mar 28, 2019
zaynie:
Grandma Ifyalways, I'd like to send you a mail.
May I?
Yes please.

Good morning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:55am On Mar 28, 2019
It's fine, they will just shift the next ones by the same 2 weeks especially if the next dose depends on the first

claseek:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by claseek(f): 9:58am On Mar 28, 2019
hunniesuzie:
It's fine, they will just shift the next ones by the same 2 weeks especially if the next dose depends on the first

Giddyperson:
lol you've been so faithful to your schedule. Im always a month or more behind. I don't think 2 weeks would have any implications
lol okay..

I just totally forgot there's something called immunization, until this morning, i checked and found i was two weeks late. I felt so bad..
Thanks mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rofemiguwa(f): 10:02am On Mar 28, 2019
Rbae:

Ok
Thanks so much mama. I will get it. Did it work well for you?

I sell lactation cookies very yummy and healthy for increase in breast milk production for mothers not lactating well.
I sell fenugreek and fennel seeds for lactation tea
I sell fennel oil for massage to help increase flow.
I offer lactation support for new moms including but not limited to how to express n store breastmilk.
Wellbeing of mother and child

You can reach me on 09026772943 grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darrenpraise: 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2019
keeki:

Where in His are u?
I am in Jos
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darrenpraise: 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
keeki:

Where in His are u?
please I am in Jos,shehe little rayfield. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darrenpraise: 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2019
sunbestie:

Very true. Talking from experience
oh thanks for the info
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darrenpraise: 1:10pm On Mar 28, 2019
sunbestie:

Very true. Talking from experience
oh thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gabby18: 1:30pm On Mar 28, 2019
wiffylove:
Afternoon mamas ,please wat food can i introduce to my baby, she will be 6 month by April 1.please help

Check this link for variety of meals u can prepare for your LO

https://www.nairaland.com/4758545/baby-foods-recipes-weaning-solids/5
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NIFES(f): 1:39pm On Mar 28, 2019
Good day mamas.
Please which of the listed do you think is a better option of milk for a year old; Nido Milk, Peak Milk or Dano , all full cream.

I don't feel like going the route of 1,2,3 milk stuff.

Your expert guides will be appreciated.
Thank you.

CC:
Hunniesuzie
Giddyperson
Zaynie
Liftedhands
Ifyalways

All Mamas..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zaynie(f): 2:28pm On Mar 28, 2019
NIFES:
Good day mamas.
Please which of the listed do you think is a better option of milk for a year old; Nido Milk, Peak Milk or Dano , all full cream.

Thank you.

CC:
Hniesuzie
Gdyperson
ynie
Liftedha

yalways

All Mamas..

Dano full cream milk
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
Any milk you baby takes and you can afford is best

They are all the same thing

NIFES:
Good day mamas.

Thank you.

CC:
Hunniesu.zie
Giddyp.erson
Zay.nie
Lifted.hands
Ifyal.ways

All Mamas..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NIFES(f): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2019
zaynie:

Dano full cream milk

Thanks ma'am.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by NIFES(f): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2019
hunniesuzie:

Thanks ma'am.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rabluk(f): 3:34pm On Mar 28, 2019
Giddyperson:
Its at 6 weeks and at 10 weeks. It's 7500 here, where do u stay
I stay in Lokoja. Quite scarce here. The pharmacies all promised to get it maybe from Abuja but still not available. One promised me 4 monday but i dunno if it'll b late as she'll be 7weeks on Tuesday.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by StrongWoman333(f): 4:09pm On Mar 28, 2019
hunniesuzie:

Exactly. I'm even using full cream milk for my baby since 7months. It really dosnt matter.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by talltosyne: 4:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
StrongWoman333:
Exactly. I'm even using full cream milk for my baby since 7months. It really dosnt matter.

Baby should takes full cream milk from 12months.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2019
StrongWoman333:
Please stop the full cream till 12m
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by amorprincesa: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2019
It matter! Wait till 12months
StrongWoman333:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2019
FloraEC:

Please stop the full cream till 12m
I dreamt of you last night, ypu were pregnant and complaining about weighing 60kg cheesy cheesy cheesy I remembered a lot more details when i woke up this morning but now I've forgotten what else we were talking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2113) (2114) (2115) (2116) (2117) (2118) (2119) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.