Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401777 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 7:28am On May 20, 2019
Linda2019:
Good evening mothers pls I need ur advice o my baby is 8 months, he eats millet pap and milk and adult food sometimes I tried introducing new cereals like nutribom he refused to eat it one day I had to force him to eat it, while sleeping he vomited it on d bed and slept back now he no more wants to eat pap again he wants only breastmilk because of recent I hav been breastfeeding him a lot, today I bought cerelac he totally blocked his mouth and was shaking his head I had to start beating him for him to cry so I could force it into his mouth we fought seriously pls o I can’t be doing dis every time I need help and tomorrow he is going to crèche I don’t know if Dey can handle him well pls wat can I do mother’s

It can be verrry frustrating introducing foods to babies but pls don't let the frustration lead you to hitting the baby. In a very short while, you would be shocked how well you baby eats. Just be patient. Creche can be of help cos the child would see other children eat, just ensure the creche isn't the type that force feed children. Pack what he can tolerate and just little of what you want him to take, pack cereal and milk without mixing in his bag and let the minders know he is choosy. All the best

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 7:30am On May 20, 2019
Funmi2510:
Good morning mamas...pls treat ugently....pls may baby started stooling on Saturday and I have taken him to d hospital dey gave us some medication
But d stooling hasn't stop...
Pls what can I do or give him again...

How would you describe this stool? The frequency, consistency? Have you used zinc? Is the child weak? If she is weak, just go back to hospital asap.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:12am On May 20, 2019
For most babies, the birth complexion is not their real complexion. Look at the tips of her ears, whatever colour is there is the real complexion, just embrace it and focus on ensuring that whatever the colour of the skin is, it glows with no blemish. Personally I use only organic products for my son and his skin has had no issues since birth.

Iyamefa:
Hello mums, good to be here. I gave birth a few days ago and here to seek advice. I know this issue most likely would have been overflogged here already but I would love my baby to retain her birth complexion. Any ideas on what products would be suitable for this or what products to avoid? Ftm here. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 8:23am On May 20, 2019
Hi, please do not force your baby to eat. Whatever he's taking please continue to give him. Beating him before he eats will make him further associate tears and bad feelings with food and that's not what you want. Patiently try new things, my son is like yours. Eating adult food then regressing, we're still patiently managing him

Linda2019:
Good evening mothers pls I need ur advice o my baby is 8 months, he eats millet pap and milk and adult food sometimes I tried introducing new cereals like nutribom he refused to eat it one day I had to force him to eat it, while sleeping he vomited it on d bed and slept back now he no more wants to eat pap again he wants only breastmilk because of recent I hav been breastfeeding him a lot, today I bought cerelac he totally blocked his mouth and was shaking his head I had to start beating him for him to cry so I could force it into his mouth we fought seriously pls o I can’t be doing dis every time I need help and tomorrow he is going to crèche I don’t know if Dey can handle him well pls wat can I do mother’s
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 8:39am On May 20, 2019
Iyamefa:

Yes, the same
If is the same with the tip of her ear, then continue with the product you're using for her. I use jimpo ori and boots baby soap for my children and no skin issue.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 8:39am On May 20, 2019
Eezohbae:

No dear...Just like Anugod answered,the SMAPro1 is still within her age and you're doing it right

For example SMA Gold,they have SMA1 for 0-6months,SMA2 for 6months to 1years and SMA3 for 1year -3years

OK..THANKS MAMA.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 8:41am On May 20, 2019
hunniesuzie:
For most babies, the birth complexion is not their real complexion. Look at the tips of her ears, whatever colour is there is the real complexion, just embrace it and focus on ensuring that whatever the colour of the skin is, it glows with no blemish. Personally I use only organic products for my son and his skin has had no issues since birth.

Mama when you say organic product..pls example..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 10:11am On May 20, 2019
Linda2019:

could force it into his mouth we fought seriously pls o I can’t be doing dis every time I need help and tomorrow he is going to crèche I don’t know if Dey can handle him well pls wat can I do mother’s

Lol at fighting with him abeg who won the fight? Babies at that age are quite choosy and easily get bored with food. Thus they might seem to readily accept a certain food today and by the next day, they turn their faces at it. Patience like others have said is the key. Also try getting someone else to feed him. He might not want to accept food from you when he can readily access his milk factory. So ask someone else to feed him and leave his presence while he is been fed. Let's see if he would be more cooperative. It is well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 10:21am On May 20, 2019
Oh Mama, i feel ya!

I have an equally hyper-active 14month old GIRL who cant sit still, almost like you described "as if she on an errand" - we have moved things around and always shut doors behind us.

However, once we back her tightly, she will doze off in less than 15mins.

In their defense, this is the stage for this kinda attitude, My SIL runs a sch and says its perfectly NORMAL so please don't worry, its not a medical condition (i thought it might be).

If you can back him yourself, please do, then stack pillows and lie down on your tummy with him backed. If not, please find someone to back him.

May God reward us with peace of mind with these children.

Welldone Mama

Goldenheart002:
RANT TIME!!
Mamas pls help out b4 I run back to my father's house.....my DS of 14mons doesn't sleep during d day. I mean dis guy can so play and disturb and no matter what u do, he won't take a midday nap! Yesterday I noticed he was having temperature so I said no school for him, let me watch him so I can take him to hospital if need be, so I called his school to chill till Monday and I also called work! Alas, I use my own hand find trouble ni sha. Lil guy was just moving around d whole house, from sitting room to kitchen, bathroom, rooms, practically everywhere in our small crib, scattering things. I've had cough for days so I got emzolyn syrup yesterday, I noticed it made me feel sleepy but my guy no gree me sleep, my eyes feels so heavy due to denied sleep. Dis guy can walk for hours without feeling it, always coming and going as if he's on errand, at times I feel tempted and beat him or back him to make him sleep but it doesn't work. MIL do complain dat her grandson is too lekpaish, I wonder how he won't be with his various activities and everyone around thinks I should be expecting another baby soon! How can? Aswear dis 14mon old can kick belle out of someone. Mamas pls, how can I handle an hyper active toddler? How can I make him sleep during d day as well? Pls I need help...
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 11:40am On May 20, 2019
Thanks ma i won’t force him again
hunniesuzie:
Hi, please do not force your baby to eat. Whatever he's taking please continue to give him. Beating him before he eats will make him further associate tears and bad feelings with food and that's not what you want. Patiently try new things, my son is like yours. Eating adult food then regressing, we're still patiently managing him

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Linda2019: 11:43am On May 20, 2019
Wow thanks a lot u just made a very good point I would allow my husband to do it den I would just hide and be peeping den jump out wen he has finished
barag:

Lol at fighting with him abeg who won the fight? Babies at that age are quite choosy and easily get bored with food. Thus they might seem to readily accept a certain food today and by the next day, they turn their faces at it. Patience like others have said is the key. Also try getting someone else to feed him. He might not want to accept food from you when he can readily access his milk factory. So ask someone else to feed him and leave his presence while he is been fed. Let's see if he would be more cooperative. It is well

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 12:42pm On May 20, 2019
Natural stuff. Coconut oil, olive oil (pure, unadultrated, cold pressed), black soap for children

unex50:

Mama when you say organic product..pls example..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 1:16pm On May 20, 2019
Linda2019:
Wow thanks a lot u just made a very good point I would allow my husband to do it den I would just hide and be peeping den jump out wen he has finished

Lol @ jumping out when they finish. Some of these out kids can really hold one to ransome sha. They are in charge, we just have to put up with all their whims and caprises.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by barag(f): 1:17pm On May 20, 2019
Linda2019:

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nkemosarodion65: 2:06pm On May 20, 2019
gud days mama in d house...pls my baby hv crashes on her Bobo where she wear Pampers....d place is red.... pls what can I apply to it...dere will dry d surface...xank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by creamzytee: 3:45pm On May 20, 2019
Good evening sabi mamas. Please o between johnson baby and chicco which one is good for babies?.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:32pm On May 20, 2019
Nkemosarodion65:
gud days mama in d house...pls my baby hv crashes on her Bobo where she wear Pampers....d place is red.... pls what can I apply to it...dere will dry d surface...xank u
Hello ma'am, since d place is red already air his bum. Allow fresh air there for sometime. You can very small quantity of funbactA cream on the affected spots
They will dry in no time. And pls stop d cream immediately they dry up and religiously change baby's diapers frequently. Ensure to use wipes at each nappy change
Pele
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tatacherie: 7:46pm On May 20, 2019
rabluk:
Hi mums. Pls come 2my aid. My 3months old baby just fell from the chair. I met her face down. I'm so confused right now. I have checked all her body n seen nothing. I don't even know how she fell cos i went to take her clothes in.
What should i do. She has stopped crying tho
Oh dear!
That's how my 8 months old who just started crawling crawled from bed and fell yesterday I was careless!
How's she feeling today?
Try press her whole body with warm water and massage her with Shea butter or palm kernel oil.it will help loosen all her joints and ease any pain.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anitaamich: 9:05pm On May 20, 2019
Tessie89:
Good day mama,
Kindly assist with your review on aptamil+frisogold, and or August secret for six month old.

Thank u Mamas as we await your response.
My baby is 6months and she’s taking frisogold, aptamil, cerelac and August secrets.. she has refused to take any other thing even fruits. When we started introducing solid foods, she rejected all the foods but the first time I introduced August secrets, she ate. I was speechless mehhnn, she likes August secrets to the point that even when she was sick, she stopped taking her cereals but she never stopped taking AS. She likes frisogold too and takes oatmeal sometimes. I’m sorry for the late reply.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 10:03pm On May 20, 2019
Anitaamich:

My baby is 6months and she’s taking frisogold, aptamil, cerelac and August secrets.. she has refused to take any other thing even fruits. When we started introducing solid foods, she rejected all the foods but the first time I introduced August secrets, she ate. I was speechless mehhnn, she likes August secrets to the point that even when she was sick, she stopped taking her cereals but she never stopped taking AS. She likes frisogold too and takes oatmeal sometimes. I’m sorry for the late reply.

Thank u ma, seems children loves this AS, getting a lot of positive reviews abt them. Hope it is sold in shops like regular cereals, cos I am hearing abt it only on this tread
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 10:05pm On May 20, 2019
Anitaamich:

My baby is 6months and she’s taking frisogold, aptamil, cerelac and August secrets..

Thank u ma, seems children loves this AS, getting a lot of positive reviews abt them. Hope it is sold in shops like regular cereals, cos I am hearing abt it only on this tread
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyamefa: 11:23pm On May 20, 2019
hunniesuzie:

Thanks for the response and advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyamefa: 11:24pm On May 20, 2019
FloraEC:

If is the same with the tip of her ear, then continue with the product you're using for her. I use jimpo ori and boots baby soap for my children and no skin issue.

Alright, thank you!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by wonyi: 3:05am On May 21, 2019
Please mamas where can I buy Enfamil premium newborn(0-3months) in Portland Harcourt? Thank u
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Funmi2510: 3:23am On May 21, 2019
hotmomma:

How would you describe this stool? The frequency, consistency? Have you used zinc? Is the child weak? If she is weak, just go back to hospital asap.

Frequent watery stool... Zinc and ors is among d medication given....he is not weak
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jamesbridget13(f): 7:07am On May 21, 2019
Good morning mothers. Pls when is d appropriate time to start giving teething medication?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:59am On May 21, 2019
jamesbridget13:
Good morning mothers. Pls when is d appropriate time to start giving teething medication?
Not necessary
When my boy's teeth came out, I didn't even know.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hotmomma(f): 8:15am On May 21, 2019
Funmi2510:

Frequent watery stool... Zinc and ors is among d medication given....he is not weak

Is the child teething, hence putting stuff into the mouth which might not be so hygienic, because zinc when given in the right dose should stop the stooling. I would advice you keep up with d drugs and hygiene too, and let him be well hydrated. if it persists, go back to hospital oh.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by BowsandBabies(f): 10:19am On May 21, 2019
Nkemosarodion65:

Try to air dry as much as possible. I did everything to prevent my daughter for having diaper rash, but she still had it. I kept on applying her diaper cream and wash her bum with water after every diaper change and let it air dry for 30 minutes before wearing her diaper. When i'm less busy, I remove her diaper and hand fan her bum.

The rashes faded after a week.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Messyodi(f): 11:49am On May 21, 2019
Good day mamas,

I dont know if i am being paranoid oh, mosquitoes bit my child yesterday a looot and today she seems to be cold, tho d weather is cold. Shes makin loud noises in her sleep and at a time was breathing as if shes shivering. I have covered her up but she has been sleeping for too long and I’m worried cos she’s usually a light sleeper, but i have made plenty noise yet she is still sleeping and making loud sleep sounds. Her temperature is normal. She is 14 weeks old. Please help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Anniebamba1(f): 12:25pm On May 21, 2019
Good afternoon mummies in the house. Please o I need help! How do you wean your baby from bottles? My DD hates spoons(Except as a toy). She throws a tantrum whenever I try to feed her with a spoon and sometimes even throws up.
But give her bottle and she will finish 200ml of thick pap/AS. I need ideas on how to make her like using spoon. She's almost 8 months old. Biko don't ignore... Cos her grandma is saying I should leave her alone, that since she stopped sucking breast by herself, she will stop the bottle herself too.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rubyzz: 12:28pm On May 21, 2019
Linda2019:
He used to take pap with sma pro but bcus of I I started breastfeeding him a lot he doesn’t want to eat anything at all just to suck breast even d yogurts I bought sef which is a mixture of blended fruits, I bought 3 different types but he rejected all of dem even wen I give him biscuit flakes he used to eat now he would totally refuse it

Sorry mama, i know this phase can be quite frustrating but please take it easy with him. He might be teething and thats why he is refusing all the foods he takes before. I experienced this with my son, just give him some time

(1) (2) (3) ... (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.