Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,770 members, 7,824,232 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4412607 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:41pm On May 16, 2019
Goldenheart002, hyperactive children is a test of patience seriously. My daughter was like this, she'll play from 7am-6pm and finally fall asleep. By then, I'll start running around in a zombie way to arrange things for dinner,tired and worn out.
She's still hyperactive tho but not like before, even warn her brother to stop disturbing mummy that mummy am(is) tayad.
Ndo ọ, it'll soon pass
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 3:52am On May 17, 2019
Goldenheart002:
RANT TIME!!
Mamas pls help out b4 I run back to my father's house.....my DS of 14mons doesn't sleep during d day. I mean dis . Mamas pls, how can I handle an hyper active toddler? How can I make him sleep during d day as well? Pls I need help...
Let me laugh fess, cheesy cheesy cheesy. 14mnthd only and your complaining hahahaha.You have a long way to go. Shey na boy, na their way be that. I have a very over hyperactive two year old. He is not use to sleeping in the morn since he goes to school. For us, he is yet to start. I sha trained him, I ensure I feed him and by 10am,he is off to bed and for night 7pm but he wakes up by 6am oh. Just be patient, Monday will soon be here. Keep trying the backing, it works for me.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 4:04am On May 17, 2019
Stmema:

Thank you ma... Saw a Dr today that said cussons is good n I should just be adding sudocreme n I should get a proper cream not oils.. I just confuse straight!

I was also told that cussons is good till I used it and my son had rashes and boils that looked like measles at first glance.

You need to eliminate a few things you use for him to see if there will be a difference
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chinnybaby99: 7:18am On May 17, 2019
jazzyjazz:

I was also told that cussons is good till I used it and my son had rashes and boils that looked like measles at first glance.

You need to eliminate a few things you use for him to see if there will be a difference
What you eat matters too. Some children react to what breastfeeding mothers eat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:21am On May 17, 2019
Stmema:

Thank you ma... Saw a Dr today that said cussons is good n I should just be adding sudocreme n I should get a proper cream not oils.. I just confuse straight!
I won't be surprised if cussons is the culprit, and please don't add sudocreme. Buy aveeno soap, it's expensive but it would clear it in a few weeks.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:13am On May 17, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

What you eat matters too. Some children react to what breastfeeding mothers eat.

Yes, that too. Especially nuts.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jadsy01(f): 9:35am On May 17, 2019
6 Risky Habits That Exposes People To HIV/AIDS

HIV/AIDS is a spectrum of diseases ranging from initial infection with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) that eventually degenerates into full-blown Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS). By destroying the immune system, HIV gradually interferes with the body's innate ability to fight against infections and cancers.

Read more: https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2019/05/17/6-risky-habits-that-exposes-people-to-hiv-aids/

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by keeki: 9:45am On May 17, 2019
Stmema:

Not like cussons is bad.it just might not fit your baby's skin.try another soap and cream like other Mama's say and see the difference

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 10:48am On May 17, 2019
jazzyjazz:

OK ma... I'll do that
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 11:01am On May 17, 2019
Good day mama,
Kindly assist with your review on aptamil+frisogold, and or August secret for six month old.

Thank u Mamas as we await your response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 11:05am On May 17, 2019
Chinnybaby99:

Tracing my food will be hard sha cos it takes time for it to disappear...

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 11:08am On May 17, 2019
Giddyperson:

I won't be surprised if cussons is the culprit, and please don't add sudocreme. Buy aveeno soap, it's expensive but it would clear it in a few weeks.

OK, I'll go for the aveeno then but does it have cream as well cos I was told to leave oils(coconut oil) n use a proper cream... Also his hair is pulling so badly, I know he's a boy but he's almost bald... Shebi I should just ignore ni abi I can do anything about it??
Tanchu ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jadsy01(f): 11:46am On May 17, 2019
How To Avoid Pregnancy Without Using A Condom

visit: https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2019/05/17/video-how-to-avoid-pregnancy-without-using-a-condom/ to stand a chance to win 10,000 naira from our EkoMiami Trivia

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 12:08pm On May 17, 2019
Stmema:

OK, I'll go for the aveeno then but does it have cream as well cos I was told to leave oils(coconut oil) n use a proper cream... Also his hair is pulling so badly, I know he's a boy but he's almost bald... Shebi I should just ignore ni abi I can do anything about it??
Tanchu ma
Yeah aveeno has cream too. GB had the same thing when she was a few months old and I really suspect Sudocreme to have caused it but I was also using Cussons then so who knows.

About the hair, just let it go cheesy at least he's a boy, stronger one would grow.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 1:57pm On May 17, 2019
Giddyperson:

Yeah aveeno has cream too. GB had the same thing when she was a few months old and I really suspect Sudocreme to have caused it but I was also using Cussons then so who knows.

About the hair, just let it go cheesy at least he's a boy, stronger one would grow.

Thank you ma.... But I can keep using the sudocreme for the Diaper right? Cos he keeps having Diaper rashes even with the vaseline or powder we use....
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:06pm On May 17, 2019
Stmema:

Thank you ma.... But I can keep using the sudocreme for the Diaper right? Cos he keeps having Diaper rashes even with the vaseline or powder we use....
He shouldn't be having constant diaper rash, especially if he's home with you all day. What diaper are you using, make sure it's not fake, or just try a different brand. Also change him as often as you should and as soon as he poops. You can use sudocreme for diaper rash if its working for you but I don't advise turning it to your daily barrier creme. Switch back to vaseline once his bum is clear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 2:44pm On May 17, 2019
I can only speak for August Secrets as we didn't use the others

It's very good and my 2 year old still eats it in various forms

Tessie89:
Good day mama,
Kindly assist with your review on aptamil+frisogold, and or August secret for six month old.

Thank u Mamas as we await your response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 4:12pm On May 17, 2019
Nothing wrong with oils. Are you sure of the source of your coconut oil though?

Stmema:

Tanchu ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 4:20pm On May 17, 2019
SlimBrawnie:
Good morning mamas. Pls what is the immunization schedule for children from birth? In fact I just want to know if there is any for 18weeks cos I just heard there is but my hospital did not include it.
Please I need a response to this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 4:30pm On May 17, 2019
SlimBrawnie:

Please I need a response to this

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 4:41pm On May 17, 2019
hunniesuzie:
I can only speak for August Secrets as we didn't use the others

It's very good and my 2 year old still eats it in various forms

Thank u ma, I am grateful
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 5:32pm On May 17, 2019
enque:

I ve been usin nycil for my daughter from birth till now (2yrs+). It's really good if I must say.

OK. Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 5:34pm On May 17, 2019
hunniesuzie:
All your questions have been well answered, just wanted to add that you should not allow anyone to shame you oh! Please return fire for fire while you work on your tummy and give yourself time to get back to shape. A horizontal cut isn't as easy to recover from. Lemon water is fantastic, always flavour your water with a few slices of lemon. Just put it in the bottle and be topping up the water

.thanks so much mama

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 5:34pm On May 17, 2019
DollyBig:

Soap is 1K. Cream is 2k

Ok. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 5:52pm On May 17, 2019
Thank you so much mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 6:15pm On May 17, 2019
Chinnybaby99:
Waow. Your questions have been beautifully answered and I learnt a lot. Thank you for asking on my behalf.
Let me add a little bit.
1. Such happened to my baby though I didn't see dried catarrh but he had this wheezy breath around 1 to 3 months. I visited the hospital and the Dr said it would resolve on its own that it's water from the womb and coupled with development of the lungs but if I was still worried about it I should do steam inhalation with silverbird for a week which I did twice as well as sprinkling around his bed but when a woman spoke of how silverbird ruined her sense of smell, I stopped it.
Just as the Dr said, resolved on its own. Avoid powder to prevent respiratory problems in babies because they can breathe it in.
2. For breast not holding baby I'm also mixed feeding with baby right from birth and he's 5 months. Please give him enough water. My baby was constipated right from when I introduce formula. Pooing once a week until 2 weeks ago when I started making sure that he drinks water. He hates water. I spoonfeed him cause he hates bottle. Since then, he poos every day.
3. Me I need help on this because my baby was fair at birth but now he's only fair on his head and face and dark on other parts of his body. I need help on how he can get uniform color.
4. I'm 5 months post partum cs. My belly was very big but it's reducing. I'm not doing anything to make it go down more but I can learn. I don't care what ppl says.
They must talk.
5. I've never used anything for cs incision and no itching just slight pains when I stress myself with work. I don't know if cs mamas feel pain too. But I will start using ori like y'all suggested. Thanks.

OK. I have stopped using powder for him. Thanks mama.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 6:17pm On May 17, 2019
Chinnybaby99:
Waow. Your questions have been beautifully answered and I learnt a lot. Thank you for asking on my behalf.
Let me add a little bit.
1. Such happened to my baby though I didn't see dried catarrh but he had this wheezy breath around 1 to 3 months. I visited the hospital and the Dr said it would resolve on its own that it's water from the womb and coupled with development of the lungs but if I was still worried about it I should do steam inhalation with silverbird for a week which I did twice as well as sprinkling around his bed but when a woman spoke of how silverbird ruined her sense of smell, I stopped it.
Just as the Dr said, resolved on its own. Avoid powder to prevent respiratory problems in babies because they can breathe it in.
2. For breast not holding baby I'm also mixed feeding with baby right from birth and he's 5 months. Please give him enough water. My baby was constipated right from when I introduce formula. Pooing once a week until 2 weeks ago when I started making sure that he drinks water. He hates water. I spoonfeed him cause he hates bottle. Since then, he poos every day.
3. Me I need help on this because my baby was fair at birth but now he's only fair on his head and face and dark on other parts of his body. I need help on how he can get uniform color.
4. I'm 5 months post partum cs. My belly was very big but it's reducing. I'm not doing anything to make it go down more but I can learn. I don't care what ppl says.
They must talk.
5. I've never used anything for cs incision and no itching just slight pains when I stress myself with work. I don't know if cs mamas feel pain too. But I will start using ori like y'all suggested. Thanks.

OK. I have stopped using powder for him. Thanks mama.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 6:23pm On May 17, 2019
irene670:
Good evening sabi mamas. please whats the difference between ring circumcision and ordinary circumcision? Someone advised me to go for the ring one but the hospital i checked out for that said they don't do ring one but ordinary one. Pls any idea on this issue will be helpful to me

Ring method to me is the best. It's not that painful cos my DS didn't cry the day after d circumcision. The ring fell off by itself on day5, we saw it in his diaper.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nifeseun(f): 6:39pm On May 17, 2019
Goldenheart002:
RANT TIME!!
Mamas pls help out b4 I run back to my father's house.....my DS of 14mons doesn't sleep during d day. I mean dis guy can so play and disturb and no matter what u do, he won't take a midday nap! Yesterday I noticed he was having temperature so I said no school for him, let me watch him so I can take him to hospital if need be, so I called his school to chill till Monday and I also called work! Alas, I use my own hand find trouble ni sha. Lil guy was just moving around d whole house, from sitting room to kitchen, bathroom, rooms, practically everywhere in our small crib, scattering things. I've had cough for days so I got emzolyn syrup yesterday, I noticed it made me feel sleepy but my guy no gree me sleep, my eyes feels so heavy due to denied sleep. Dis guy can walk for hours without feeling it, always coming and going as if he's on errand, at times I feel tempted and beat him or back him to make him sleep but it doesn't work. MIL do complain dat her grandson is too lekpaish, I wonder how he won't be with his various activities and everyone around thinks I should be expecting another baby soon! How can? Aswear dis 14mon old can kick belle out of someone. Mamas pls, how can I handle an hyper active toddler? How can I make him sleep during d day as well? Pls I need help...

Exactly like my boy, u never see anything, wait till he is 2 n he can, my son told me today, mummy,i will beat u, u will see undecided 2 n half yrs fahh, he is everywhere. Mil will tell me may she not av a dunce as a grandson grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:23pm On May 17, 2019
jflobaby:
Hehehehehehe, this is so funny, my son is not up to 14months yet so i dont have experience nor advice but i guess this is a phase that will still pass as he grows older. Please dont run back to your father's house o. Lol

Be prepared, I heard boys are always lyk dat! There energy level at toddler stage is questionable grin grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:25pm On May 17, 2019
comtem2011:
Lol, you never see anything. Just make sure u clear any object that can injure him. They are like that, my own can talk from morning till night and from one thing to another.

I wonder why they don't get tired. Cos even adult is looking for an opportunity to nap in the afternoon. Enjoy it while it last.

I can imagine it already, as much as I like twins ehn, I always thank God I didn't have dis guy as twins....God bless all mamas and reward our labor of love
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:28pm On May 17, 2019
FloraEC:
Goldenheart002, hyperactive children is a test of patience seriously. My daughter was like this, she'll play from 7am-6pm and finally fall asleep. By then, I'll start running around in a zombie way to arrange things for dinner,tired and worn out.
She's still hyperactive tho but not like before, even warn her brother to stop disturbing mummy that mummy am(is) tayad.
Ndo ọ, it'll soon pass

Imeela nwanyi oma, so even girls are not left out? lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.