Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4398229 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:30pm On May 17, 2019
Halcyon123:
Let me laugh fess, cheesy cheesy cheesy. 14mnthd only and your complaining hahahaha.You have a long way to go. Shey na boy, na their way be that. I have a very over hyperactive two year old. He is not use to sleeping in the morn since he goes to school. For us, he is yet to start. I sha trained him, I ensure I feed him and by 10am,he is off to bed and for night 7pm but he wakes up by 6am oh. Just be patient, Monday will soon be here. Keep trying the backing, it works for me.

Lolzzzz, so I never see anything yet? Monday should do and run by oh grin
Bloomingbud ndewooooo?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Goldenheart002(f): 7:34pm On May 17, 2019
nifeseun:

Exactly like my boy, u never see anything, wait till he is 2 n he can, my son told me today, mummy,i will beat u, u will see undecided 2 n half yrs fahh, he is everywhere. Mil will tell me may she not av a dunce as a grandson grin

Beat kwa! No problem, shebi I will take one cane and give him another grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bloomingbud(f): 8:25pm On May 17, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Lolzzzz, so I never see anything yet? Monday should do and run by oh grin
Bloomingbud ndewooooo?

My sister, I can't say who is more hyper active between your son and mine. People pity me in church every Sunday cos he won't sit in one place so I keep chasing him upandan. It is well with us.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 9:20pm On May 17, 2019
Goldenheart002:

Imeela nwanyi oma, so even girls are not left out? lipsrsealed
They even know us in church then. She'll run off to the altar and the wardens will bring her back. I now stay in the kids section cos of her

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by 19CannyMum: 9:48pm On May 17, 2019
Rbae:

Ring method to me is the best. It's not that painful cos my DS didn't cry the day after d circumcision. The ring fell off by itself on day5, we saw it in his diaper.

Please what were you applying on it and how often?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 9:59pm On May 17, 2019
Giddyperson:

He shouldn't be having constant diaper rash, especially if he's home with you all day. What diaper are you using, make sure it's not fake, or just try a different brand. Also change him as often as you should and as soon as he poops. You can use sudocreme for diaper rash if its working for you but I don't advise turning it to your daily barrier creme. Switch back to vaseline once his bum is clear.

Well, he goes to crèche till about 5/6 when we get home n he changes his Diaper around 1/2 only if he didn't poo... All brands I've tried in terms of Diaper has failed me due to leaking ranging from molfix to huggues to asda little angel, then one Chinese one like that that's written in Chinese..Next time I go, I'll ask for the blue little angel, maybe that one won't leak.... Who knows if its not the plenty Diaper that's causing the rash.....when the tribotan clears the rash, it leaves mark, now his bumbum is full of patches of colors like the chest... That's y I'm reasoning sudocreme.... If u have recommendations for Diaper that doesn't leak, it would be appreciated greatly so I can buy all when I go out tmr... Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by JGracious: 10:56pm On May 17, 2019
Stmema:

Well, he goes to crèche till about 5/6 when we get home n he changes his Diaper around 1/2 only if he didn't poo.. All brands I've tried in terms of Diaper has failed me due to leaking ranging from molfix to huggues to asda little angel, then one Chinese one like that that's written in Chinese..Next time I go, I'll ask for the blue little angel, maybe that one won't leak.... Who knows if its not the plenty Diaper that's causing the rash.....when the tribotan clears the rash, it leaves mark, now his bumbum is full of patches of colors like the chest... That's y I'm reasoning sudocreme.... If u have recommendations for Diaper that doesn't leak, it would be appreciated greatly so I can buy all when I go out tmr... Thank you ma

Considering the bolded, it suggests to me that his diaper gets soooo filled up with urine before you deem it fit to change.

If my assumption is right then there's no way the diaper wont leak no matter the quality of diaper you are using.

Again, urine can equally irritate the skin if it stays too long so please endeavour to check his diaper often at least every 3-4hrs and change it if necessary.

Too much heat sef can cause rashes. Endeavour to also air his bum for like 30mins when you reach home.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 11:06pm On May 17, 2019
Tessie89:
Good day mama,
Kindly assist with your review on aptamil+frisogold, and or August secret for six month old.

Thank u Mamas as we await your response.

Mamas on Aptamil pls come to our rescue
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Otidayor28: 11:12pm On May 17, 2019
Pls mothers in d house, hlp my sister oo, she has a baby of 5months old, she had unprotected sex wit her husby few hrs ago, n now shes scared of been pregnant again. Wt can she use dt wil nt affect d 5months old baby
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 11:56pm On May 17, 2019
Otidayor28:
Pls mothers in d house, hlp my sister oo, she has a baby of 5months old, she had unprotected sex wit her husby few hrs ago, n now shes scared of been pregnant again. Wt can she use dt wil nt affect d 5months old baby
Lolzz, sister or you?
If is few hrs ago and she sure she's not on her fertile window then she can take pill, ụda water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by divinemandate: 11:56pm On May 17, 2019
Aitee1:

Check her food intake the cause might be from certain foods have heard of nuts and soyabean and ensure you're using the original Shea butter
OK will do that. thanks mama, really appreciate
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:11am On May 18, 2019
Stmema:

Well, he goes to crèche till about 5/6 when we get home n he changes his Diaper around 1/2 only if he didn't poo... All brands I've tried in terms of Diaper has failed me due to leaking ranging from molfix to huggues to asda little angel, then one Chinese one like that that's written in Chinese..Next time I go, I'll ask for the blue little angel, maybe that one won't leak.... Who knows if its not the plenty Diaper that's causing the rash.....when the tribotan clears the rash, it leaves mark, now his bumbum is full of patches of colors like the chest... That's y I'm reasoning sudocreme.... If u have recommendations for Diaper that doesn't leak, it would be appreciated greatly so I can buy all when I go out tmr... Thank you ma
Like someone already said, you need to change him more often. Maybe he pees a lot. Send him to creche with 3-4 diapers daily and complain/report whenever he comes home with a diaper rash cuz it's definitely something they're doing wrong. Let them clean his bum with wipes at each diaper change whether poo or pee. Also buy wipes that's mild on the skin. I use angel wipes and its good. I use Nigerian pampers and molfix for my son, and no issues at all.
I've just been having issues with GB's molfix cuz there's so much fake size 5 everywhere.

Mine was the reverse. Sudocreme bleached GB but baby tribotan didn't. I def think you must have used too much of the tribotan. Use only a thin amount at a time no matter how bad the rashes are and stop as soon as the rashes clear.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:17am On May 18, 2019
Otidayor28:
Postinor to the rescue.
[s] cheesy 5 months eyaf reach to senior pelson. They would be one year apart cheesy[/s]
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:18am On May 18, 2019
FloraEC:

Lolzz, sister or you?
If is few hrs ago and she sure she's not on her fertile window then she can take pill, ụda water
For real? Uda water? I smell pregnancy around you, how's that my dream coming along wink lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:20am On May 18, 2019
Tessie89:

Mamas on Aptamil pls come to our rescue
Why can't you get both? At 6 months, you have to try a couple of things anyway to know what they would like. I've only tried AS, and its nice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by firstLadyy: 8:24am On May 18, 2019
Pls ma, how can one search the thread.. each time I try to do dt I usually see posts totally outside the thread and most time don't get useful information
hunniesuzie:
Hi mama, there's no separate thread for 6 months plus. Search this group for recipes for 6 months. For carrot/apple/potato puree peel, cut to small pieces, boil and blend

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:12am On May 18, 2019
FloraEC:

They even know us in church then. She'll run off to the altar and the wardens will bring her back. I now stay in the kids section cos of her

Lmao. grin grin. She turn you to pikin sharp sharp. That's one reason why i always think too much about going to church, I'm tired of always staying outside and playing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kasany(f): 12:29pm On May 18, 2019
Stmema:

Well, he goes to crèche till about 5/6 when we get home n he changes his Diaper around 1/2 only if he didn't poo... All brands I've tried in terms of Diaper has failed me due to leaking ranging from molfix to huggues to asda little angel, then one Chinese one like that that's written in Chinese..Next time I go, I'll ask for the blue little angel, maybe that one won't leak.... Who knows if its not the plenty Diaper that's causing the rash.....when the tribotan clears the rash, it leaves mark, now his bumbum is full of patches of colors like the chest... That's y I'm reasoning sudocreme.... If u have recommendations for Diaper that doesn't leak, it would be appreciated greatly so I can buy 6all when I go out tmr... Thank you ma
try Witlux Diaper and for the rashes use Rainbow soap
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by kasany(f): 12:31pm On May 18, 2019
Stmema:

always use vaseline on an before changing the diaper. It helps keep the urine from penetrating into the skin thereby causing irritation

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 2:09pm On May 18, 2019
firstLadyy:
Pls ma, how can one search the thread.. each time I try to do dt I usually see posts totally outside the thread and most time don't get useful information
select Health section, and use as few words as possible. E.g type 'potato puree' in the search bar then run the search. Beneath the search bar, you'll see 'all sections'. Click on it and select 'Health'. Then read through. You have to be a lil patient cuz some irrelevant stuff might also come up. After that search 'carrot puree' or 'weaning food' or 'baby puree' things like that. Two words at a time.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ayauche(f): 2:24pm On May 18, 2019
Stmema: if its not coming late, plz try mupiderm though its about 2050 but works well and quickly too. Ds had it too infact worse that even the doctors at the health centre couldnt say what it was, it was a pharmacist that prescribed it but with the price i told her it had better work cos i already tried a lot and it did.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Funjosh(m): 3:37pm On May 18, 2019
Good afternoon mothers in here, please i just need advice on a pressing issues.

My Niece put to bed last week Friday, ever since then she has been having serious difficulty with breathing before we lost her yesterday.

The baby is fine, but with the look of things the child might be taking care of by my sister which happens to be the mother of my niece..

So I need advice and suggestions on how best to take very good care of the baby, she haven't been breastfeed since day one and we all know the importance of breastfeeding on new born. So thing that she can be given while as she grows without her mother.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Halcyon123(f): 3:47pm On May 18, 2019
Funjosh:
Good afternoon mothers in here, please i just need advice on a pressing issues.

My Niece put to bed last week Friday, ever since then she has been having serious difficulty with breathing before we lost her yesterday.

The baby is fine, but with the look of things the child might be taking care of by my sister which happens to be the mother of my niece..

So I need advice and suggestions on how best to take very good care of the baby, she haven't been breastfeed since day one and we all know the importance of breastfeeding on new born. So thing that she can be given while as she grows without her mother.
Sorry about your loss. You can go for infant formula for now like nan, atapmil, sma etc(ensure 1is written on it) when she is four months old, there are cereals suitable for her but ensure 4mnths is written on it or you can go on with the milk for now and introduce cereals and other food to her.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by irene670(f): 5:33pm On May 18, 2019
Rbae:

Ring method to me is the best. It's not that painful cos my DS didn't cry the day after d circumcision. The ring fell off by itself on day5, we saw it in his diaper.
ok ma, tnx
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tessie89: 5:35pm On May 18, 2019
Giddyperson:

Why can't you get both? At 6 months, you have to try a couple of things anyway to know what they would like. I've only tried AS, and its nice.

Thank u ma, u are blessed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Iyamefa: 7:24pm On May 18, 2019
Hello mums, good to be here. I gave birth a few days ago and here to seek advice. I know this issue most likely would have been overflogged here already but I would love my baby to retain her birth complexion. Any ideas on what products would be suitable for this or what products to avoid? Ftm here. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Darsty99: 8:43pm On May 18, 2019
divinemandate:
Good evening mamas and papas of this great forum. please my DD have been having boils upon boils. Biocine syrup was prescribed, the boils cleared but will reappear after the completion of the dosage. she was placed on augmenting suspension last two weeks. At our 9 months immunization I still complained but her doctor insist is part of teething since all the test result are good. Duno what else to do. The healed part lives some black scar and my dd is fair in complexion. what should I do bikonu. am using rising powder and Shea butter
I have exactly the same issue with my 5mths old baby. We went to the hospital 3times but the antibiotics given didn't do much. The doctor had to advise us manage it and stop the drugs. He still has boils. I usually apply Shea butter till the pus comes out and give paracetamol to ease the pain. I know he will outgrow it soon. For the scar, it will blend with skin color with time because they are still growing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 8:47pm On May 18, 2019
JGracious:

Considering the bolded, it suggests to me that his diaper gets soooo filled up with urine before you deem it fit to change.

If my assumption is right then there's no way the diaper wont leak no matter the quality of diaper you are using.

Again, urine can equally irritate the skin if it stays too long so please endeavour to check his diaper often at least every 3-4hrs and change it if necessary.

Too much heat sef can cause rashes. Endeavour to also air his bum for like 30mins when you reach home.

Thanks ma... I'll do more airing now... It's poo that leaks not urine n no I don't let it soak too much bfr I change, once I check n it's wet, I change... I'll talk to the crèche minders... Thanks ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 8:49pm On May 18, 2019
Giddyperson:

Like someone already said, you need to change him more often. Maybe he pees a lot. Send him to creche with 3-4 diapers daily and complain/report whenever he comes home with a diaper rash cuz it's definitely something they're doing wrong. Let them clean his bum with wipes at each diaper change whether poo or pee. Also buy wipes that's mild on the skin. I use angel wipes and its good. I use Nigerian pampers and molfix for my son, and no issues at all.
I've just been having issues with GB's molfix cuz there's so much fake size 5 everywhere.

Mine was the reverse. Sudocreme bleached GB but baby tribotan didn't. I def think you must have used too much of the tribotan. Use only a thin amount at a time no matter how bad the rashes are and stop as soon as the rashes clear.

Thanks ma... I'll tell them at the crèche.... Rahses have cleared so I will revert back to vaselin n hope the aveeno I just got clears the colorations on his chest n back... Thanks so much ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 8:50pm On May 18, 2019
Ayauche:
Stmema: if its not coming late, plz try mupiderm though its about 2050 but works well and quickly too. Ds had it too infact worse that even the doctors at the health centre couldnt say what it was, it was a pharmacist that prescribed it but with the price i told her it had better work cos i already tried a lot and it did.

Thank U ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Stmema: 8:50pm On May 18, 2019
kasany:
always use vaseline on an before changing the diaper. It helps keep the urine from penetrating into the skin thereby causing irritation

Thanks ma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.