Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4401377 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
Giddyperson:

Hey, strong cough and cattarh in babies is often caused by infection, take him to the hospital, they would run tests and prescribe the right antibiotics.

Thanks a lot. I will take him right away
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 9:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
TwinklingStar:
Good afternoon mothers in the house. Kindly help me answer the following questions.
1.My 11weeks DD has dis discoloration around her nostril( lighter dan her normal skin colour with some little pinkish/reddish pigmentation) could this be *eela* ? And if Yes, will it go if left untreated? No cradle cap tho

2. Also her face complexion is lighter compare to her body and she has tiny rashes there. None on her body. I always wipe with wet clothes or wipes after her feeding session.

3. I do use breast pad due to leakages. Can I use diaper wipes to clean before and after feeding her? I've been cleaning with water but won't be that easy wen we start going out.

Thanks in advance.

1&2: I think that's just her complexion, it would blend out as she gets older. What kind of wipes are you using, stop using wipes on her face, maybe just the wet towel. You can buy baby tribotan for the rashes.

3. The cleaning before and after breastfeeding is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by forzarush(f): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mumaraoluwa:
Mama's should pls come to my rescue, am so thin like broomstick. My baby is a year plus and still sucking breast am thinner than my pre pregnancy period sef. Anyone been in my shoes? Don't read and pass o
Me. it wasn't until my dad gave me correct wording with para that I weaned my son at year and three months. I looked like a minor with a child. I didn't get fat but I got better. so,if your baby eats well just wean.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 7:47am On Oct 12, 2019
Frozenelsa:
Good evening mamas. pls, DS has this strong cough and cattarh and its been over a week now.....since I can't give cough syrup, I have tried keep him warm, steam inhalation, silverbird and metholatum but its still there. The cough is so strong that he vibrates when coughing..... I need help on what to do. He is 7months plus. Thank you.

All the mamas on the this thread.
Vibrate while coughing? See a doctor please

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
Good morning mamas, pls is it advisable to buy a baby cot. So many people have told me it's a waste of money, that they don't sleep in it. What do you guys think? I am thinking getting those small foldable beds with mosquito nets though so baby can co sleep with me and hubby.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 1:12pm On Oct 12, 2019
Giddyperson:

Lol is the baby holding the breast hostage. You've tried Nah, wean him, doesn't he eat other foods?

Hahaha...I couldn't have framed the question any better. A year plus and you're waiting for permission to wean. Keep breastfeeding until babe is four and see whether you will not be transparent by then.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 1:19pm On Oct 12, 2019
Surulady:
Thank you ma am seriously looking for one now I hope and pray I get a God fearing one...I’ve not felt healthy since I gave birth no sleep both day and night God Am not complaining but pls send a helper to me

This is the problem with our mums / relatives these days coming for omugwo. They seem not to know the things that are needed most from them. You may even clean the entire roof and foundation of the house, but if you are not helping to hold the baby, so the mum can catch some sleep, especially in the days/weeks following delivery, then you relatively are of no use to the mum.
Ndo, mama I feel your pain. Perhaps you should point out to this helper that this is what you'd cherish of her to do the most?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2019
Redberyl:
Good morning mamas, pls is it advisable to buy a baby cot. So many people have told me it's a waste of money, that they don't sleep in it. What do you guys think? I am thinking getting those small foldable beds with mosquito nets though so baby can co sleep with me and hubby.

Don't. Even as a gift, I wouldn't advise you to accept. Except you have a lot of garage space and just want to be known for stashing baby stuff. Babies don't sleep for long periods, so you are stuck with having to take them out every now and again and it's worse when they can only sleep with a nipple to their lips... Imagine what you'd do then...

Just don't.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
Rocktation:

Don't. Even as a gift, I wouldn't advise you to accept. Except you have a lot of garage space and just want to be known for stashing baby stuff. Babies don't sleep for long periods, so you are stuck with having to take them out every now and again and it's worse when they can only sleep with a nipple to their lips... Imagine what you'd do then...

Just don't.
wow, thanks a lot. That's exactly what my sis in law said.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by peggygee: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Good day momas, pls my baby's circumcision ring just fell off, what can I apply to make it heal fast? I was applying penicillin whwn the ring was still on.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggygee:
Good day momas, pls my baby's circumcision ring just fell off, what can I apply to make it heal fast? I was applying penicillin whwn the ring was still on.

Keep applying penicillin. It should heal fast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:47pm On Oct 12, 2019
Just seeing this. Hope you've taken him for tests

Frozenelsa:
Good evening mamas. pls, DS has this strong cough and cattarh and its been over a week now.....since I can't give cough syrup, I have tried keep him warm, steam inhalation, silverbird and metholatum but its still there. The cough is so strong that he vibrates when coughing..... I need help on what to do. He is 7months plus. Thank you.
Zay.nie
Flora.EC
hunniesu.zie
Gi.ddyperson
All the mamas on the this thread.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 7:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
peggygee:

Continue with the penicillin and DON'T press with hot water
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chimzy09(f): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2019
It’s because of the camphor in most heatbalms. Camphor is not safe for babies

MTA cc iaatmgirl

Surulady:
Please I want to know more about this too because my sis in law sees me as a bad mother whenever I forgets to do this

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Frozenelsa(f): 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thanks mamas. I took him to the hospital today, after test nothing was found, the paed said its probably the flu, that I should give warm water and make sure he is hydrated and I should always keep him warm. He even refused to cough throughout today sef.....I now looked like a liar....funny baby.

Giddyperson
hunniesuzie
FloraEC

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by peggygee: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Thank u moma

rvpbae:

Keep applying penicillin. It should heal fast.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by peggygee: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Tnks moma

Fyngal1:

Continue with the penicillin and DON'T press with hot water

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chitumu: 9:02pm On Oct 12, 2019
Hello great mums in the house. God bless the fruits of your womb and your perseverance. Amen. Am not a mum am here on behalf of my wife, she didn't know anything about Nairaland, as a first time parent to make a complain about our 18 months old hyper active son, hoping to find a remedy. This guy has turned an once quite house to a commotion hall, i say commotion becouse no any other word to define his headache causing behaviors during the day time, he has so much bruises gotten from all curiosity adventures, this guy can can strangle a cat, put press iron or heater in wall socket, place pot on fire, sweep the room with broom, jumb on the bed, on the tv and fan , wash his cloth, bath himself witth any available water dirty or colored, go under the jeep ,just name it and its there. The only way to stop him was thru the cane and i read somewhere in this forum that using cane will make him stubborn in near future .all me my wife want to know is Plss at what age hyper active child stop these behavior.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:21pm On Oct 12, 2019
Rocktation:

Just don't.

I bought a cot. Graco pack and play. It can be collapsed and easy to travel with as it's quite portable. It came in veeeery handy. Especially when we had guests who wanted to carry baby at all cost. I put my son in there, put the mosquito net down and tell them to greet him from there. It prevented people carrying him unnecessarily. My son also napped there during the day in the living room while I rested in the room. If he cried for food, my mil would pick him up, feed, burp, and return him there. Only reason why we didnt use it for long was cos my son is tall and he outgrew it fast.
Only thing we changed was the mattress. We measured it and got a custom waterproof mattress.
We packed it up and put it in the bag that was added to the carton and we will be using it for this second baby too.

What works for A may not work for B.
You may need to try it out first to see if it works for you.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:22pm On Oct 12, 2019
Chitumu:
Hello great mums in the house. God bless the fruits of your womb and your perseverance. Amen. Am not a mum am here on behalf of my wife, she didn't know anything about Nairaland, as a first time parent to make a complain about our 18 months old hyper active son, hoping to find a remedy. This guy has turned an once quite house to a commotion hall, i say commotion becouse no any other word to define his headache causing behaviors during the day time, he has so much bruises gotten from all curiosity adventures, this guy can can strangle a cat, put press iron or heater in wall socket, place pot on fire, sweep the room with broom, jumb on the bed, on the tv and fan , wash his cloth, bath himself witth any available water dirty or colored, go under the jeep ,just name it and its there. The only way to stop him was thru the cane and i read somewhere in this forum that using cane will make him stubborn in near future .all me my wife want to know is Plss at what age hyper active child stop these behavior.

Hes acting his age sir. Toddlers are always hyperactive. Best you can do is keep anything sharp or harmful out of his way.

If I tell you what my 2 year old does ehn you go pity me

You can also get coloring books for him with those large crayons, and give him to color or scribble

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Drkul(f): 9:57pm On Oct 12, 2019
rofemiguwa:
Please where can we take cheap cholera vaccine.
My hospital sells for 22k
N its 2 doses lipsrsealed

Please help
What month is this supposed to be taken pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by beeijeoma: 10:09pm On Oct 12, 2019
Chitumu:

It begins to reduce when they are about 3 years old. I would say just manage the situation as best as you can . I have 3 sons you don't even want to know what my day is like . Cane does not help because its not like they are trying to be bad its just part of their development.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2019
jazzyjazz:

I bought a cot. Graco pack and play. It can be collapsed and easy to travel with as it's quite portable. It came in veeeery handy. Especially when we had guests who wanted to carry baby at all cost. I put my son in there, put the mosquito net down and tell them to greet him from there. It prevented people carrying him unnecessarily. My son also napped there during the day in the living room while I rested in the room. If he cried for food, my mil would pick him up, feed, burp, and return him there. Only reason why we didnt use it for long was cos my son is tall and he outgrew it fast.
Only thing we changed was the mattress. We measured it and got a custom waterproof mattress.
We packed it up and put it in the bag that was added to the carton and we will be using it for this second baby too.

You may need to try it out first to see if it works for you.

I once visited a friend who was gifted (thank God) a baby stroller, in her sandy area of a Nigerian neighbourhood. Now, that I think about it, the stroller did the exact same job of this cot you describe and a pinch, in comparison to what the portable beds with nets do, that most mums buy. The baby stayed in the stroller in the living area, while visitors cooed at him too. The stroller also had a mosquito net as does a cot and a portable bed.

Now, would you say it didn't work for her? But would it be nice to advise other first time mums, especially in Nigeria, to go for it? Reaaaally?

First time mums tend to go all out when it comes to shopping for baby and when they eventually realize that they may have overdone it, what choice would they have but to exert their inner creativeness with what they really could do without? Bassinets...changing tables..cots....are a few of the ridiculously impractical stuff that have better and lasting substitutes.

..My cent

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 7:18am On Oct 13, 2019
Chitumu:
You haven't even seen two yet, he's acting his age sha, you would shout until you grow grey hair, but it's the age. If you flog him for bathing in dirty water, it won't stop him bathing in dirty water next time he sees it. I don't think their brain works like that at this age. Just keep away from things he shouldn't be playing with, try to occupy him when he's bored. By 3 he would start moving on to other things.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:30am On Oct 13, 2019
Rocktation:

I once visited a friend who was gifted (thank God) a baby stroller, in her sandy area of a Nigerian neighbourhood. Now, that I think about it, the stroller did the exact same job of this cot you describe and a pinch, in comparison to what the portable beds with nets do, that most mums buy. The baby stayed in the stroller in the living area, while visitors cooed at him too. The stroller also had a mosquito net as does a cot and a portable bed.

Now, would you say it didn't work for her? But would it be nice to advise other first time mums, especially in Nigeria, to go for it? Reaaaally?

First time mums tend to go all out when it comes to shopping for baby and when they eventually realize that they may have overdone it, what choice would they have but to exert their inner creativeness with what they really could do without? Bassinets...changing tables..cots....are a few of the ridiculously impractical stuff that have better and lasting substitutes.

..My cent

I am sure you read the part where I said what works for A may not work for B!

There are Nigerians that live in areas with great road networks and they use strollers for their kids. Some even come to the shopping malls with the strollers. All these things depends on your pocket finally. If you want to splurge on your baby, why should anyone else be bothered about it?

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jazzyjazz: 9:33am On Oct 13, 2019
Redberyl:

You may need to try it out first to see if it works for you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 10:31am On Oct 13, 2019
divinemandate:

you can imagine that. see me see blessing. the annoying thing is that as the old one is getting dry another will start coming up.
Pele, use mupiderm and always wash your hands well after touching them, they're very infectious.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rocktation(f): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2019
jazzyjazz:

I am sure you read the part where I said what works for A may not work for B!

There are Nigerians that live in areas with great road networks and they use strollers for their kids. Some even come to the shopping malls with the strollers. All these things depends on your pocket finally. If you want to splurge on your baby, why should anyone else be bothered about it?

#Edited...

Make the mata rest....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
jazzyjazz:

You may need to try it out first to see if it works for you
wow, thanks so much. I will be getting this especially because of not wanting everyone to carry my baby.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by seunmarytemi(f): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Good afternoon, pls how can a CS mummy reduce her big tummy after delivery, it is three weeks ago
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 3:33pm On Oct 13, 2019
seunmarytemi:
Good afternoon, pls how can a CS mummy reduce her big tummy after delivery, it is three weeks ago

I learnt you have to wait atleast 6 mths before tying anythingoo.
Its a major surgery and extensive healing has to take place,pls.

Breastfeeding regularly is one sure way i knw cos the womb contracts then.

Hth
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2019
Chitumu:

Then imagine when they become two or three in one house.
My head sometimes vibrates grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2252) (2253) (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.