Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4422180 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Seyibusayo: 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
omalichay:
I've been back to the hospital and was told her level is ok, it'll keep dropping but her eyes aren't clear and I heard about unripe pawpaw but I'm hesitant cuz I don't want to jump from frying pan to fire
Don't use any nonsense pawpaw water, I was told to do that too. The only thing you need to do is to feed the child well, the more she poops the lower the biliribin level. The last part to clear is the eyes which may take days to weeks. Like I said my daughter's eyes cleared at 6 weeks. Please trust your doctor and trust God. If you don't trust your doctor you can take your baby to another hospital for second opinion. It is well with you.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omalichay: 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
Seyibusayo:
Don't use any nonsense pawpaw water, I was told to do that too. The only thing you need to do is to feed the child well, the more she poops the lower the biliribin level. The last part to clear is the eyes which may take days to weeks. Like I said my daughter's eyes cleared at 6 weeks. Please trust your doctor and trust God. If you don't trust your doctor you can take your baby to another hospital for second opinion. It is well with you.
ok ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 5:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
Seyibusayo:
Seconded!! Omalichay feed your baby very well, don't wait till she's hungry cos the more she poops the faster the jaundice clears from her system. Keep testing till it's cleared completely.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asasteve(f): 7:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
omalichay:
Pls what was the initial level
The first test was 7.1, 8.8, as time goes on it rose up to 12.1, we did phototherapy and it came down to 9.1, we were discharged. We came back after 3 days then she was like 12 days old and we repeated the test it was 11.1 and they told me not to worry that the jaundice is at the defensive stage now and asked me if i was not discharged home with drug I said no and they prescribed Zinnat for me. We started the Zinnat last week Tuesday and by Friday it came down to 4.7
Although my baby is preterm Sha, term babies have their own value. The woman with me that had term baby was discharged with SB of 10.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
It will clear, just make sure she eats well, it will clear with time

omalichay:
I have been sunbathing her cuz the Dr said we should do that but the sun is minimal where I live and I felt at 3 weeks it should have cleared from her system
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
prettymaxy:
Hello mamas Pls what can I use to deworm my son he's 1yr 9months.

Also if there's any drug I can give him so he can be eating more cos he doesn't like to eat food all he eats is rice, beans, custard, quaker oat, corn flakes, tea and plenty biscuits, cake, mirinda etc and he poos twice daily. Maybe there's something am not doing right cos am confused imagine how I feel when I see other pples children eating food as if it's going out of fashion and looking chubby while mine who was chubby as an infant looking slim now as a toddler. Sorry for d long post it's just that am pained gan

I use ketrax deworming syrup. For multivitamin,WELLKID is ok for apetite
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
prettymaxy:

Thanks mama i'll keep trying o. He eats little of everything and eats fruits like banana, apple, orange. I'll check his current weight. I want to deworm his cos of d too much sugary things don't know how to go about it

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
olabrinks:
Mums would you reccomend electric or manual breast pump? I’ve heard some people say manual is better as electricity near the breast is not good/healthy. But I’ve heard electric breast pump is faster and more efficient. Which one?

Abeg get electric. Manual is for those who want muscle grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
queenfav:
What i use is a haakaa silicon breast pump.I just suction it on my nipples while baby feeds on the other one.In 15 mins of feeding her (not like my breast flows so much sef),i get about 50ml of breast milk to store up for her night . You can watch YouTube videos to see how it's used.I have been enjoying mine.

Where did you get yours? Picture and price if possible. Thanks

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenfav(f): 7:22am On Jan 15, 2020
rvpbae:

I got from AliExpress (China)for about 1500.You can get here in Nigeria for N3500-4500.The haakaa brand itself is like N7500-N10000

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by chisun89(f): 8:51am On Jan 15, 2020
Good morning mamas, I have this electric breast pump for sale, was used only once. Price is 7000

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:09am On Jan 15, 2020
queenfav:
I got from AliExpress (China)for about 1500.You can get here in Nigeria for N3500-4500.The haakaa brand itself is like N7500-N10000

Interesting.. I am assuming this only works while breastfeeding, right?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenfav(f): 10:18am On Jan 15, 2020
rvpbae:

Interesting.. I am assuming this only works while breastfeeding, right?
No,it works when not breastfeeding that's if you have a good flow of breast milk.Mine fluctuates according to how much fluids i take,so i use anytime milk flows well and while breastfeeding.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gwng: 10:36am On Jan 15, 2020
gwng:
Contact 07066697724 for details or orders!!!

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:52am On Jan 15, 2020
queenfav:
No,it works when not breastfeeding that's if you have a good flow of breast milk.Mine fluctuates according to how much fluids i take,so i use anytime milk flows well and while breastfeeding.

Wow. So just suction it and BM starts dropping? Might get one, for the fun of it. grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by queenfav(f): 12:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
rvpbae:

Wow. So just suction it and BM starts dropping? Might get one, for the fun of it. grin
lol, trust me..Its very good.I had low expectations but so far it's been serving me well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Abuja mums pls I need a help...if anyone has someone they can recommend or a reliable agent's number, I would appreciate it oh.

I need a sensible person abeg. Preferably a live-in help but for the first few weeks, the person would go and come, so I can be sure I want the person in my house. Location is kubwa. Send a PM if u can help. Thank you

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by unex50: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
I feel so pissed right now... OK my niece told me when she went to pick up my baby from creche the minder was telling her to tell me to brush her tongue very well.. Then one teacher came and asked who brushes my baby,my niece or me?... She told her it was me! ..then the teacher said "You See" Like.... The fool doesn't even know the struggle I and Dd do every bathing time just to brush her....

She is always resisting.. I have to force her and force till me self give up.. It even pains me cuz I won't want her carrying milky tongue cuz she eats everything now....but for her to even try to judge me. I feel like confronting her tomorrow.... I have sang, spoken gently, force... Pls help me... She's just 13months plus.. Or should I hold her cheeks in between and brush it by force.... Chai
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
atnerjennac24:
I have 2 twins, they do not sleep well at night, they wake up every 20 minutes, what can I do now?? thanks
how old are they if they are still below 2-3months it’s Normal by the time they are3months and or so they will be sleeping well...my babies are 3+ now and sleeps so well both day and night...and again make sure they feed well because if they are hungry they won’t sleep well.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Surulady: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
unex50:
I feel so pissed right now... OK my niece told me when she went to pick up my baby from creche the minder was telling her to tell me to brush her tongue very well.. Then one teacher came and asked who brushes my baby,my niece or me?... She told her it was me! ..then the teacher said "You See" Like.... The fool doesn't even know the struggle I and Dd do every bathing time just to brush her....

She is always resisting.. I have to force her and force till me self give up.. It even pains me cuz I won't want her carrying milky tongue cuz she eats everything now....but for her to even try to judge me. I feel like confronting her tomorrow.... I have sang, spoken gently, force... Pls help me... She's just 13months plus.. Or should I hold her cheeks in between and brush it by force.... Chai
lol[right][/right] grin so sorry ma you just have to be patient and pet her to allow you but if she doesn’t forcing is the only available option oo, it’s better to force her now than allow her getting a mouth odour in future...even with my konkolo twins I know what I go thru to get their tongue cleaned lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
rvpbae:

I use Hakaa too and this is how much I get from a single feed especially first feed of the day

I have an electric breast pump that I had real struggle with. The suctioning was causing me so much pain yet I wasn’t getting a decent amount of milk. Thankfully, I came across a YouTube video that mentioned hakaa and I ordered one. I would say it’s one of the best things I have at the moment

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chimzy09(f): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
unex50:

Story of my life till I dumped the toothbrush (very fancy toddler brush o) and started cleaning with gauze or cotton pad and warm water I added a teeny bit of salt to, sometimes I put a teeny bit of her paste on the gauze/cotton.

When we first started using a toothbrush, she loved it, then suddenly, she wouldn’t open her mouth after the toothbrush goes into her mouth. She’ll close her mouth around it and start sucking out the paste cheesy we only managed to brush the teeth without successfully getting the tongue clean and buildup started making it kinda smell (it wasn’t bad but I didn’t just like it)

Since we went back to cleaning, it’s been fun. Infact once I wrap the gauze/cotton pad around my finger, she opens her mouth

You could try a washcloth (new one and dedicate to only mouth cleaning). I never did this cos with the gauze, I use and dump and do not have to wash and reuse cos I fear contamination

You could also get those silicon fun brushes, like the finger one (we used this for a while) or the banana one, they do a decent job at getting the tongue clean. Giving it to her to play with (chew on) when it’s not time to brush also gets her accustomed to it

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ijesuloba: 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Happy new year mamas,dd will be one soon,pls which milk can i change to..
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MrCork: 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Liftedhands:
Seconded!! Omalichay feed your baby very well, don't wait till she's hungry cos the more she poops the faster the jaundice clears from her system. Keep testing till it's cleared completely.

please can i mate wit u?... I drive BMW & am a Londoner cheesy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 5:01am On Jan 16, 2020
gratefulme40:

I use Hakaa too and this is how much I get from a single feed especially first feed of the day

I have an electric breast pump that I had real struggle with. The suctioning was causing me so much pain yet I wasn’t getting a decent amount of milk. Thankfully, I came across a YouTube video that mentioned hakaa and I ordered one. I would say it’s one of the best things I have at the moment
please where did you buy it from ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:00am On Jan 16, 2020
MrCork:

please can i mate wit u?... I drive BMW & am a Londoner cheesy
Ordinary bmw? Mtweeez

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MrCork: 9:02am On Jan 16, 2020
Liftedhands:
Ordinary bmw? Mtweeez

..HALT THEIR MADAM!!!
..gimmmmmme yor nomba now or else...
angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:07am On Jan 16, 2020
MrCork:

..HALT THEIR MADAM!!!
..gimmmmmme yor nomba now or else...
angry
3130003532 first bank angry

6 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 9:12am On Jan 16, 2020
nnekaike:
please where did you buy it from ma.

Amazon
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MrCork: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2020
Liftedhands:
3130003532 first bank angry

yor phone nomba gaaaademmmmit angry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Liftedhands(f): 9:25am On Jan 16, 2020
MrCork:

yor phone nomba gaaaademmmmit angry
You are derailing this thread.

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MrCork: 9:33am On Jan 16, 2020
Liftedhands:
You are derailing this thread.

..rrally?..am derailing tread coz I din't put moiney in yor account number?..ok.. I apologice(No oofeense) undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (2289) (2290) (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.