Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,257 members, 7,829,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4421153 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:36am On Jan 18, 2020
jflobaby:
Hello mamas in the house, please I need advice as I am very worried.

Took my DS to the health centre today for Vit A and he weighed 8kg at 1 year, he was 8kg at 9months and 7.6kg at 6 months. Why is he not gaining weight, I just do not understand.
At 8 months we saw a paediatrician when he had fever and i complained about his weight because he was 7.6kg at the time but the paediatrician said the weight was okay, that he would have been worried if he was for instance weighing 9kg and dropped to 7kg. But I'm not pleased at all.
Should I take him back to the hospital? His birth weight was 2.75 and he does not reject food, he eats everything we eat at home. He takes 3 different types of food everyday to the creche including pap with soya beans. Or could it be genetics? Myself and hubby are not on the big side, I weigh about 56kg and hubby weighs a little bit less.
Has someone had a similar experience, please mamas do not waka pass abeg.

I know how disturbed you are but I think it is genetics and your son is fine. He isn't ill, eats well and plays around per usual, that alone should allay your fears.

You can as well still see a paed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 12:38am On Jan 18, 2020
oluwaleokey:
Hey mamas
Trust we doing great
I am breastfeeding mum, baby is 5 months...
I have a small tiny lump on my left breast... very painful
I just noticed it this evening... a neighbour said its as a result of excrssive unsucked milk that got conjealed... dont know how true... also discovered when that spot is pressed..milk comes out.
Advises will be appret

She could be right. I had those a few days after I put to bed but one can never be too sure, see a doctor to be absolutely certain.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Debclem(f): 5:38am On Jan 18, 2020
Okolinneoma:
Please what is the exact description of your own breast pump, am on amazon right now and seeing plenty types of hakaa ���. Does it just glue to the breast and pumps on its own?? Thank you...

Hakaa is unbelievably amazing. It creates a suction on your boobs, sticks to it and drains the milk either while you nurse on the other breast or on the go. You would be amazed at the quantity of milk that little thing can give you. I prefer Hakaa over my Medela any day,no tubing, easier to maintain, easier to carry around and sill does the job and it's also a really good way to build up ur stash for a working mom.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Debclem(f): 5:52am On Jan 18, 2020
Hello house, greetings to all mommas. Bikonu I need your collective help... I am 5 postpartum and notice 2 days ago, I noticed my feet was swollen. I didn't have any swellings during pregnancy until 3 days post-delivery. I have been trying to keep it elevated, doesn't seem to work or perhaps I haven't seen any improvement.
Is there a better way to resolve this please?

My son has slightly yellow colored eyes, I stated my concern before our discharge but the midwife and pediatrician waves it off and said a few days of Ampiclox will fix it, well it's been a few days and it's not resolving, nothing is changed. I began to take him out in the sun yesterday. My mother inlaw is suggesting some kind of unripe pawpaw solution, she swears by it.
Biko mamas, is there anything else one can do? At what hours and how long do I need to take him to sunlight?
Should I request for a bilirubin test even though they insisted it wasn't necessary?
Should I agree to the unripe pawpaw solution? Does it work?
Please help a mom make I know which one is giving me sleepless nights.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Debclem(f): 6:00am On Jan 18, 2020
Seyibusayo:
Don't use any nonsense pawpaw water, I was told to do that too. The only thing you need to do is to feed the child well, the more she poops the lower the biliribin level. The last part to clear is the eyes which may take days to weeks. Like I said my daughter's eyes cleared at 6 weeks. Please trust your doctor and trust God. If you don't trust your doctor you can take your baby to another hospital for second opinion. It is well with you.

I just went through the thread and found out the jaundice issue has been discussed. I have more clarity now, thanks all.

Wetin remain now na my swollen feet, please help. What to be done cry
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by SlimBrawnie(f): 8:10am On Jan 18, 2020
Adequate459:

Noodles with mashed Titus fish/egg
Tea and bread
Beans and plantain/sweet potato
Drinks: iced smoothie,Puree,Youghurt and enough water
Rice and beans.
Plantain and Egg.
You can also include cereal with milk

You can as well put 2diapers per day with 2 set of clothes in case he poo twice.
Moreover,you need to tip the tender(s) at times,though it's not a must o but it's important.

Wish your boy happy stay at the creche

Thank you mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 8:32am On Jan 18, 2020
Debclem:

I just went through the thread and found out the jaundice issue has been discussed. I have more clarity now, thanks all.

Be patient with the feet for a while, it will go down on its own. Mine did

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulmama: 9:42am On Jan 18, 2020
rvpbae:

Flog your friend angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin

Seriously though, not every child experience that. Besides it is not an illness and totally natural and part of growing up. Just Google 'gas in babies' to understand better, I can't type plenty.

LOL @bolded part. Ok ma'am. I'm just worried about how he cries sometimes and reject food. He's on formula(small gold) and breast milk because I'm not lactating well
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 9:50am On Jan 18, 2020
realtalk19:

I use ketrax deworming syrup. For multivitamin,WELLKID is ok for apetite

Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prettymaxy(f): 9:52am On Jan 18, 2020
[quote author=rvpbae post=85803256][/quote]

Thanks mama
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 9:59am On Jan 18, 2020
I got mine for 13k with the cover @ the IG photo attached below

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 10:02am On Jan 18, 2020
This is mine. 13k
Without the cover 10k

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 10:34am On Jan 18, 2020
Nyxx123:
This is mine. 13k
Without the cover 10k

Must be really effective from the reviews I've seen here
Trying to look for its look alike on aliexpress, hope it's as effective and gets here b4 I pop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
Awesomemama:

Must be really effective from the reviews I've seen here
Trying to look for its look alike on aliexpress, hope it's as effective and gets here b4 I pop

The review here is nothing compared to baby center and other sites even on Amazon. Got mine almost 2 weeks and for me it works.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nyxx123: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2020
Debclem:
Hello house, greetings to all mommas. Bikonu I need your collective help... I am 5 postpartum and notice 2 days ago, I noticed my feet was swollen. I didn't have any swellings during pregnancy until 3 days post-delivery. I have been trying to keep it elevated, doesn't seem to work or perhaps I haven't seen any improvement.

My son has slightly yellow colored eyes, I stated my concern before our discharge but the midwife and pediatrician waves it off and said a few days of Ampiclox will fix it, well it's been a few days and it's not resolving, nothing is changed. I began to take him out in the sun yesterday. My mother inlaw is suggesting some kind of unripe pawpaw solution, she swears by it.
Biko mamas, is there anything else one can do? At what hours and how long do I need to take him to sunlight?
Should I request for a bilirubin test even though they insisted it wasn't necessary?

For the swollen feet.. I will advice you visit a hospital just to be sure. For the meantime try cooking ukwa without the palmoil. Let the ukwa be plain and creamy. MIL recommended it and it worked so well for me.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by FloraEC(f): 6:02pm On Jan 18, 2020
They're leaving tomorrow. The other one ran away again and landed in my(our) house and she came with another story. Hubby just booked a sienna that'll take them home.

Ahhhh, Jehova Jireh, mmamma dịrị gị
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by realtalk19: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
Debclem:

When sleeping or sitting raise ur two legs on a pillow or stool ,it will go down with time. It's as a result of retained water in the body during pregnancy.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:05am On Jan 19, 2020
Joyfulmama:

LOL @bolded part. Ok ma'am. I'm just worried about how he cries sometimes and reject food. He's on formula(small gold) and breast milk because I'm not lactating well

He will be fine, some babies are just fussy especially in the first weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by jflobaby: 8:32am On Jan 19, 2020
Thank you for your response mama. I quite agree with you since he is very active and not ill
rvpbae:

I know how disturbed you are but I think it is genetics and your son is fine. He isn't ill, eats well and plays around per usual, that alone should allay your fears.

You can as well still see a paed.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Jan 19, 2020
knock Knock and happy new year mamas.

Giddyperson, i dey your street and i can see you. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpip: 10:33am On Jan 19, 2020
Please I need you peoples help. I'm quite confused on milk storage. I know google says milk stored in fridge is good up until 4 days but how do I store with Nigeria's unstable light. Will the 4 days viability still work with constant change in fridge temperature. Please help

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Chimzy09(f): 12:50pm On Jan 19, 2020
tpip:
Please I need you peoples help. I'm quite confused on milk storage. I know google says milk stored in fridge is good up until 4 days but how do I store with Nigeria's unstable light. Will the 4 days viability still work with constant change in fridge temperature. Please help

I’m afraid not. The 4 days (preferably 3) is under the circumstance that the temperature stays constant
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
Nope. Light has to be consistent. What I do is freeze. That is more reliable and lasts longer. Plus if your generator can power your freezer then there’s no way the milk will defrost before you’re ready to use it

tpip:
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
Personally I think if the yellowing is showing in his eyes then they should do an SB check. The entire test plus result doesn’t take up to 1 hour

If it was just yellowing on the skin then feeding and early morning sun should be fine

For your feet elevate elevate elevate. Hope you’re not having headaches?

Debclem:

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
I think it’s unnecessary. Colic and squirming is quite “normal” in newborns as their intestines develop. Rather than give him drugs bicycle his legs (check YouTube videos) and do tummy massages, he will outgrow it. According to my pead, it’s not pain per se they are just trying to figure out their digestive system (although it’s not fun to see them groan and twist)

Joyfulmama:
Good evening wonderful mothers. I'm a ftm and my baby is 3wks old. A friend said I should get Nospamin for my baby because he might be having stomach pain. I want to ask if truly it's safe to give baby without Dr's prescription or I should see Dr first

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
It’s better not to assume, see a doctor please

oluwaleokey:
Hey mamas
Trust we doing great
I am breastfeeding mum, baby is 5 months...
I have a small tiny lump on my left breast... very painful
I just noticed it this evening... a neighbour said its as a result of excrssive unsucked milk that got conjealed... dont know how true... also discovered when that spot is pressed..milk comes out.
Advises will be appret
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpip: 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
hunniesuzie:
Nope. Light has to be consistent. What I do is freeze. That is more reliable and lasts longer. Plus if your generator can power your freezer then there’s no way the milk will defrost before you’re ready to use it

Thank you so much for responding. For the freezing, do you put into the freezer immediately after expressing it? And how do you defrost for it to be used
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpip: 5:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
Chimzy09:

I’m afraid not. The 4 days (preferably 3) is under the circumstance that the temperature stays constant

Okay. Thank you very much
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by hunniesuzie: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
Yes I do. To defrost naturally is best. Bring it out let it defrost by itself, once it achieves room temp you can feed baby

Note that defrosted milk shouldn't be refrozen so only defrost what you want to feed baby

tpip:

Thank you so much for responding. For the freezing, do you put into the freezer immediately after expressing it? And how do you defrost for it to be used

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Adequate459: 10:08pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hello mommas
What can. I use for my children's rashes
They are 10 and 8 yr old boys

Please help, I'm disturbed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Joyfulmama: 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
hunniesuzie:
I think it’s unnecessary. Colic and squirming is quite “normal” in newborns as their intestines develop. Rather than give him drugs bicycle his legs (check YouTube videos) and do tummy massages, he will outgrow it. According to my pead, it’s not pain per se they are just trying to figure out their digestive system (although it’s not fun to see them groan and twist)

Thanks my January teamie that ported to December with me. I went to see my Dr today and complained about it and he said it's normal also, so I finger crossed. God's protection over our princes.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tpip: 11:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
hunniesuzie:
Yes I do. To defrost naturally is best. Bring it out let it defrost by itself, once it achieves room temp you can feed baby

Note that defrosted milk shouldn't be refrozen so only defrost what you want to feed baby

Thank you so much. I appreciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (2291) (2292) (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.