Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4410918 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:06am On May 07, 2020
Emoreni:
Please mamas is it ok to put baby oil on a 3 wks old baby's forehead? Mother insists it covers the baby's head from cold but seems baby has been having rashes on his body especially his head because of this? Pls what do you think, is it ok? If not what should be applied to baby's head?

You can apply if you wish but it doesn't stop cold or do anything to the fontanelle, all that is a myth.

And yea, it could be the oil causing the rash, experienced same with my kids, so I just stopped altogether.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 10:38am On May 07, 2020
Hello mummies in the house, my baby is due for his 15months immunisation, but Hubby said we can't go because if this covid19 wahala...
Please i'm worried o...
Is it right to skip it and how many vaccines is he supposed to take.
Thanks mamas
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nancystan: 10:14pm On May 07, 2020
I'm pregnant again after 4+months of delivery twins.i was shocked! I took morning after pills afterwards..Mother pls what I should do? Plz respond asap am losing my mind

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Prudify25: 3:46pm On May 08, 2020
My daughter cries cos of her belly and the doctor prescribed nospamine, is there anything else I can give to her?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tywodammy90(f): 4:10pm On May 08, 2020
Surgical Face Masks Available for sale @ Retail & Wholesale Prices.
Kindly DM or WhatsApp on 08170081476 to make enquiries and to place your orders.

**Payment Validates Delivery**
**Delivery within Lagos ONLY**

Stay Safe
Stay Protected
Stay Healthy
Flatten the curve
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asapretty(f): 6:13pm On May 08, 2020
rvpbae:

He doesn't need all that. Pcm is ok to soothe immunisation pains and relieve fever. Even gripe water and infacol isn't exactly necessary, hence should only be given if baby has colic. Some people dont even give at all.

With my first son, he had colic and used infacol with helped alot. When I was expecting my daughter, I bought infacol too, she is 6months plus now and the bottle is still here unopened. Just wasted almost 3k for nothing.

So just breastfeed well and his poop will go back to normal
Thanks mama for the response.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asapretty(f): 6:14pm On May 08, 2020
Mirba:

It is normal for the babies poop to change color at a certain age. It will vary in color untill it has the right one ;-)
As for the pracetamol its only to relieve pain and fever like somebody else said already.
Thanks mama the pcm was prescribed and I used it for the stipulated time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 10:50am On May 09, 2020
Nancystan:
I'm pregnant again after 4+months of delivery twins.i was shocked! I took morning after pills afterwards..Mother pls what I should do? Plz respond asap am losing my mind

Congratulatuins ma .
You need to be calm. Don't fret or lose your mind over it. Let's wait for the experienced Mamas advice. I'm a ftm.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Caaz: 10:50am On May 09, 2020
Prudify25:
My daughter cries cos of her belly and the doctor prescribed nospamine, is there anything else I can give to her?
She has colic.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 11:00am On May 09, 2020
Prudify25:

Its colic. It will resolve on it's own after three months. Some doctors don't prescribe anything for it. Didn't use any drug for my baby. But you can rub the baby's back, or massage the belly with a warm cloth or lie the baby on her stomach.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Newmercies: 11:05am On May 09, 2020
Nancystan:

Congratulations Sis, pls the birth of your twins is it through normal delivery or CS?,. If it's not CS you dont have anything to worry about as long as u are healthy, if it was Tru CS I would advise you to see your doctor for professional advice.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 1:07pm On May 09, 2020
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adezie: 11:19pm On May 09, 2020
Nancystan:
My sister I can relate to what you are going through. I took in when my first was 9 months. I was shocked cos it took a while to get pregnant for my first child and I thought breastfeeding was a method of family planning. I didnt expect it to happen so fast. I also had her through cs. You can imagine all the emotions with one child at nine months. So I know the emotions will triple when its twins at only four months. So here's how I was able to cope:
1. Calm down. Dont think about anything. Just calm down.
2. Forget about what people will say. This is about you, your health, your babies and what's best for them. People will always talk.
3. Seek medical advice. If you had cs, has your incision site fully healed? do you still feel pain there? How much monitoring will you need? Will this pregnancy threaten your life?
4. Surround yourself with supportive people not judginas. My mother in law was that support for me. She was so happy to hear of the pregnancy and she was supportive through out.
5. I know its not easy but try to rest as much as you can. Your body is going through a lot and you need to rest it as much as you can. Don't feel ashamed to ask for help. Get a help if you don't already have one.
6. Finally, be happy. To be the carrier of life is a rare privilege and not everyone is as lucky. Some people will kill to be in your shoes. Be thankful.
I am sending lots of hugs and kisses your way. You are going to be just fine. You will come out a stronger person. Congratulations ma.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 4:52am On May 10, 2020
Good morning mamas. Please, some insect-like bites usually appears on my baby's skin and disappears after 2 or 3 days, but leaves a scar. Her whole body is almost covered in scars. Does anyone have a remedy? I would have taken her to see a doctor but this corona wahala dey fear me
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 10:04am On May 10, 2020
Nancystan:
�������, see what coro has caused ooo, but mama WT answer do u want,better carry your gift�,ur hubby deserve an accolade, just get help and relax,na u go enjoy Las Las

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 10:08am On May 10, 2020
[quote author=Ruthiegal post=89355846]My baby is 6 months and we eat well now. Cerealac, pap, formular and pap I haven’t introduced Naija food to him yet. I want to totally stop giving him breast milk. I feel irritated these days anytime he starts sucking and doesn’t stop in 5 mins . Is it normal. Like it’s annoyingly me when he keeps sucking my breast. My mom says I shouldn’t stop. But I want to. I’m tired. How do I get my breast milk to dry totally coz it becomes so hard and very painful if I don’t give him in a day [/quote) some take pains medicine,just few days without feeding,it will dry off, some use cold cabbage,press on their breast,it works,but know that it will dry off on its own since no sucking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 10:11am On May 10, 2020
[quote author=keeki post=89123551][/quote] exactly I shock as I see all the drugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Honeysweetest(f): 10:17am On May 10, 2020
[quote author=keeki post=89123551][/quote] exactly, was shock to see so many drugs
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 10:35am On May 10, 2020
[quote author=Honeysweetest post=89385754][/quote]

Thank you ma
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omavicky(f): 10:35am On May 10, 2020
Mamas goodmorning, please help.me, my 16 months son passes very hard stool, he poos once in two days and very hard...please what should i do, he drinks water very very well,am really worried
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by nnekaike(f): 1:14pm On May 10, 2020
omavicky:
Mamas goodmorning, please help.me, my 16 months son passes very hard stool, he poos once in two days and very hard...please what should i do, he drinks water very very well,am really worried
Give him fruits,freshly squeezed orange juice make smoothies for him,if he takes EBA please make it soft,if he takes goldenmorn please stop it..Just adjust what he eats and keep giving him enough water.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 2:41pm On May 10, 2020
Fyngal1:
Good morning mamas. Please, some insect-like bites usually appears on my baby's skin and disappears after 2 or 3 days, but leaves a scar. Her whole body is almost covered in scars. Does anyone have a remedy? I would have taken her to see a doctor but this corona wahala dey fear me
Might be sunfly.....it appears red at first den fades n turn black..... especially in Lagos
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by omavicky(f): 2:43pm On May 10, 2020
nnekaike:
Give him fruits,freshly squeezed orange juice make smoothies for him,if he takes EBA please make it soft,if he takes goldenmorn please stop it..Just adjust what he eats and keep giving him enough water.
ok ma, thanks very much, i give him orange and smootie too, ok he takes eba will make it soft..God bless
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 7:16pm On May 10, 2020
Hello good evening momma's.happy mother's day. Please I want to ask if it's normal for my 1 year 8 months baby to be handling with his penis. Even when we beat and beat him, he doesn't stop. Sometimes he hides to do this
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 1:12am On May 11, 2020
omavicky:
ok ma, thanks very much, i give him orange and smootie too, ok he takes eba will make it soft..God bless

What milk does he take? Stop bananas. You can try applesauce, peckham pear, pawpaw.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 10:28am On May 11, 2020
Good morning mums, trust you & your loved ones are doing great.

Don't forget to order for your home made pap!

We have variants suitable for any age group!!!

1. Multi grains pap paste

2. Multi grains pap paste flavoured with ginger

3. Guinea corn & millet pap paste

6.Yellow corn pap paste flavoured with ginger

7. White corn pap paste

8. Millet (koko)pap paste flavoured with ginger & cloves

9. Guinea corn & millet pap paste flavoured with ginger & cloves

10. Guinea corn & millet pap paste flavoured with ginger & tiger nuts

11. Guinea & millet pap paste flavoured with ginger & garlic.

12.Yellow corn pap paste

Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order.

Delivery cost is subject to your location.

Wishing you fruitful week�
Please, stay safe

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 10:59am On May 11, 2020
Mumaraoluwa:
Hello good evening momma's.happy mother's day. Please I want to ask if it's normal for my 1 year 8 months baby to be handling with his penis. Even when we beat and beat him, he doesn't stop. Sometimes he hides to do this
pls u people should not ignore this. Pls I need help
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 11, 2020
Mumaraoluwa:
He'll outgrow it. It is a stage. And as you are beating him you are enforcing it without knowing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fyngal1(f): 12:49pm On May 11, 2020
mabebe1:

Might be sunfly.....it appears red at first den fades n turn black..... especially in Lagos

Exactly. It appears red ,fades and turns black. But i'm in Benin and there's no sunfly where i live
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Pearl05(f): 1:54pm On May 11, 2020
Mumaraoluwa:

I think he will outgrow it. Always wear him pant and shorts and if possible put belt too to prevent him from easily putting his hands to touch the penis.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bigmummy16(f): 2:08pm On May 11, 2020
Our home made guinea corn(ogi baba) pap paste is available!

Suitable for any age group

Call/WhatsApp 08057125055 to order!!

Delivery cost is subject to your location!!!
[color=#770077][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) (2326) (2327) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.