Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,208 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2321) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4393445 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 10:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
nahzyla:
Hello all

Please is it normal for a one month baby to not stool for three days?

She is exclusively breastfed and my diet is normal. Nothing out of the ordinary, rice, beans yam, semo etc. She used to poo every single day before at least twice a day and suddenly she stopped but she farts a lot instead.

Is this normal? Has anyone experienced something like it before?

Nothing to worry about since you are exclusively breastfeeding. We once went about a week no poop
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Mummies,

Please, what can I use to cure the rashes on my two weeks old baby.

Please, don't read and pass. Abeg!

New born skin act funny sometimes , could be milk reaction or withdrawal of maternal hormone from baby. I would suggest you leave it, it will clear. My baby’s face was worse at that age. I was told to leave it. It did clear and now she has the healthiest skin ever

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:38pm On Apr 23, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Thank you my able Cappo.

Can I get the baby tribotan from baby shop or pharmacy?

Hope it's not late. I guess pharmacy will be best to guarantee quality.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2020
Prudify25:
How do I treat jaundice... Was detected today and was told to just expose her to sunlight cry

Did you do SB test to determine the level. Not all jaundice can be treated with sunlight biko except mild ones. Sone may need phototherapy and pediatrician prescription. First the level needs to be determined.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
estilo:
Get UNRIPE paw paw, Peel and cut into 7pcs(for girl) or 9pcs (for female), get one onion WHITE color and cut it. Get a plastic with cover, wash the pawpaw put it inside the plastic with the onion and add enough water that can bath your baby for like 3 to 6days. Leave it till the next day and start using it to bath the baby. Don't dilute it with water. It will clear within 5 days, even the one in his eyes will come out. That's what I used for my baby.

Hmmmm sad lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Kvngwitty(m): 10:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
estilo:
Thank you ma.
We used it for few days and also breast milk is now flowing.

Oh its Sir not ma and im happy for you ..... my regards to the kid
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 1:01am On Apr 24, 2020
estilo:
Thank you ma. We used it for few days and also breast milk is now flowing.

Wow, great.... I'm happy for u.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 1:05am On Apr 24, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Mummies,

Please, what can I use to cure the rashes on my two weeks old baby.

Please, don't read and pass. Abeg!
It happened to my baby too. he was 5days old when the rashes appeared......people gave me all manner of suggestions, but i took him to see the doctor and the doctor said its baby rash....i should leave it, that it will go away on its own...
I left it alone and truly it disappeared.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 1:09am On Apr 24, 2020
Kennysgirl:
Hello good evening everyone, please can someone put me tru on how to care for my son who has just been circumsised, should water be used to wash d penis for now or jus to clean it? Also am I to rub Vaseline or anything? Plz note that a ring was used in circumcision, thanks
Please ask the hospital that performed the circumcision, to know how best to care for it... because different hospitals with different methods
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 1:17am On Apr 24, 2020
Emoreni:
I thank everyone here for responding to my earlier questions, mother is now lactating gradually,
Please how long should the baby be on the breast to be fully fed.
When he is well fed, he will remove his mouth or stop sucking
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 1:22am On Apr 24, 2020
angeltolly:

Do you know powder isn't advisable for babies less than 3 months?

Some rashes in newborns will go on its own after a few days. You can as well share a pics of the rashes so people can be sure.

Cc: praisecity
Exactly...the rashes on my baby's face cleared on its own
I hate powders sef.....i started using baby tribotan when my baby was 6months old

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by estilo(f): 9:31am On Apr 24, 2020
Yes.

angeltolly:

Hmmmm sad lipsrsealed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2020
mabebe1:

It happened to my baby too. he was 5days old when the rashes appeared......people gave me all manner of suggestions, but i took him to see the doctor and the doctor said its baby rash....i should leave it, that it will go away on its own...
I left it alone and truly it disappeared.
Wow!Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:44am On Apr 24, 2020
angeltolly:

Hope it's not late. I guess pharmacy will be best to guarantee quality.
Thank you my beautiful and able Cappo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:45am On Apr 24, 2020
gratefulme40:

New born skin act funny sometimes , could be milk reaction or withdrawal of maternal hormone from baby. I would suggest you leave it, it will clear. My baby’s face was worse at that age. I was told to leave it. It did clear and now she has the healthiest skin ever
Thank you ma'am for the information.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2020
gratefulme40:

Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2020
My fellow vigilante mothers how are we coping!?.

The vigilante is real.lol

Incase you need data to keep yourself busy give us a chat or call.

1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sysengr(f): 4:16pm On Apr 24, 2020
nahzyla:

Zentel worm expeller
Okay. Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Graced2018: 8:27pm On Apr 24, 2020
Dear Mummy-Who-Is-Exclusively-Breastfeeding,

Eating TOO light could affect the quality of milk you are producing.

The idea is to balance your fore milk and hind milk and if you eat too light or incorporate some fancy diet too soon, it may affect the quality of milk you baby is taking in.

Pumping often will usually help you see the sort of milk you are making. It's a great way to also keep your supply up.

I know we are trying to slay soon but please keep this at the back of your mind. If you are fully healed, you could certainly start physical exercises, eat cashew nuts (this works for me) and take water often.

Please eat well basically...

Love and light

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2020
Mummies in the house,
My baby is almost 6 months old. Gave birth early November and my period came back January and it’s been regular since then and I always see it at early in the month. I haven’t seen my period this April that’s ending now. Last time I saw it was early March. I’m worried I don’t want to be pregnant. I’ve done the home pregnancy test 4 times and it’s negative. Yet no period till now.
Should I be worried. Today is 25th

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Awesomemama: 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2020
Ruthiegal:
Mummies in the house,
My baby is almost 6 months old. Gave birth early November and my period came back January and it’s been regular since then and I always see it at early in the month. I haven’t seen my period this April that’s ending now. Last time I saw it was early March. I’m worried I don’t want to be pregnant. I’ve done the home pregnancy test 4 times and it’s negative. Yet no period till now.

Get a blood test done this time to be sure.
When I had ds I didnt see my period for about 2months after my period came back.
PT came out negative.
My doc said if it doesn't show in 3months then I should return back to the Hosp.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Irenititemi(m): 8:06pm On Apr 25, 2020
Pls mamas, what's the safest and healthy room temperature for baby (6 months old) so I can adjust the room A. C temperature
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ThaSlimKidd: 6:55am On Apr 26, 2020
Good day house.
Glad I stumbled on this thread. Lots of information and experience shared. God bless everyone for their input.
Apologies for the long message below but we need some help.
We have a four month old baby and noticed spots starting to pop up on her skin in February. Within the space of two months, these spots have almost totally covered her whole body from her scalp to her legs with majority of the spots on her back and face. Paed/dermatologist suggested skin biopsy to ascertain what it might be/what might be causing it but the result came back inconclusive so they couldn’t recommend anything for now while they wait for another consultant to review. We’ve been on sebamed oil, soap and powder since day one. Does anyone have experience with seeing something like this (pictures attached). I am personally worried as the spots seem to be spreading and we don’t know what to do to at least stop the spread and treat her skin.
Experienced mummies please kindly advice.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 7:29am On Apr 26, 2020
ThaSlimKidd:
Good day house.
Glad I stumbled on this thread. Lots of information and experience shared. God bless everyone for their input.
Apologies for the long message below but we need some help.
We have a four month old baby and noticed spots starting to pop up on her skin in February. Within the space of two months, these spots have almost totally covered her whole body from her scalp to her legs with majority of the spots on her back and face. Paed/dermatologist suggested skin biopsy to ascertain what it might be/what might be causing it but the result came back inconclusive so they couldn’t recommend anything for now while they wait for another consultant to review. We’ve been on sebamed oil, soap and powder since day one. Does anyone have experience with seeing something like this (pictures attached). I am personally worried as the spots seem to be spreading and we don’t know what to do to at least stop the spread and treat her skin.
Experienced mummies please kindly advice.

If you are on Instagram or if you can create an account, contact @amalbotanicals and/or @mobabycare. They would sort you out, meanwhile stop the powder.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 7:29am On Apr 26, 2020
Irenititemi:
Pls mamas, what's the safest and healthy room temperature for baby (6 months old) so I can adjust the room A. C temperature

25 or 26⁰
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ThaSlimKidd: 8:02am On Apr 26, 2020
rvpbae:

If you are on Instagram or if you can create an account, contact @amalbotanicals and/or @mobabycare. They would sort you out, meanwhile stop the powder.

I am on instagram. Okay. I’ll reach out to them as well and would stop the powder.
Thank you @rvpbae

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Irenititemi(m): 9:03am On Apr 26, 2020
OK thanks ma
rvpbae:

25 or 26⁰

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bola146(f): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2020
RayAngel:
please what day of the week is the immunisation?
Please madam, kindly dm me on this email tobolaa14@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by gratefulme40: 12:39am On Apr 27, 2020
Ruthiegal:
Mummies in the house,

Teamie teamie from November

My period never even return. Just wait it out and repeat home PT again.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Malevonent: 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
so learnt gas build up could cause hiccups in newborns..
any remedy for it?. googled and saw gripe water, has anyone used it?
2ndly at what age can water be given to newborns?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 6:34pm On Apr 27, 2020
ThaSlimKidd:

I am on instagram. Okay. I’ll reach out to them as well and would stop the powder.
Thank you @rvpbae

Maybe you should stop the entire range just to see!

Bathe with water only and some savlon or dettol for a while too luckily for now we are all mostly staying indoors.

If she’s itchy , rub just palm oil all over it has some anti histamine (allergy) properties.

Then take note of what you are eating and possibly passing on via breast milk. Write down your meals it may help the drs with thier diagnosis!

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (2318) (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.