Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4407994 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ThaSlimKidd: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2020
babythug:

Maybe you should stop the entire range just to see!

Bathe with water only and some savlon or dettol for a while too luckily for now we are all mostly staying indoors.

If she’s itchy , rub just palm oil all over it has some anti histamine (allergy) properties.

Then take note of what you are eating and possibly passing on via breast milk. Write down your meals it may help the drs with thier diagnosis!

All the best
She’s not itchy or uncomfortable. She’s generally happy , smiling and playful.
My first thought was that it’s an allergic reaction but we’ve tried to isolate almost everything to see if the spots stop but to no avail.
I wanted to change savlon to Dettol but the feedback I got was that dettol is harsh on babies skin.
As for diet , wifey is mostly on oats, pap and lots of milk to aid breast milk production. The rest are the normal rice , bread, egg or swallow foods. No nuts or out of the ordinary food intake.
Honestly I’m just hoping it’s nothing serious that’ll leave long term scarring.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blessedmum11: 7:57pm On Apr 27, 2020
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 10:32pm On Apr 27, 2020
gratefulme40:

Teamie teamie from November

My period never even return. Just wait it out and repeat home PT again.

Okay . Thank you. You’re so lucky
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ruthiegal: 10:33pm On Apr 27, 2020
Awesomemama:

Get a blood test done this time to be sure.
When I had ds I didnt see my period for about 2months after my period came back.
PT came out negative.
My doc said if it doesn't show in 3months then I should return back to the Hosp.

I’ll be going for a blood test later this week. Thank you ma.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sweetiemom: 4:32am On Apr 28, 2020
Surulady:
Pls mums that had their LO’s through cs...when did you stop seeing blood..mine stopped before 41days and started again 2 was ago it’s stopped last week and on started it started again but not much...any cause to see my doctor?or what can I do?lastly when is safe to start the oza rum ministry again....am kinda scared grin grin

It is more important to pay attention to the mental state. To see the baby whether always wants to sleep, and whether he can respond to the parents’ teasing as usual. If these situations occur, it’s suggested to send the baby to the hospital in time. To know more about babies falling off the bed read this: https://www.sweetiemom.com/what-should-parents-do-when-the-baby-fell-off-bed/
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asapretty(f): 6:55am On Apr 29, 2020
Good morning mamas in the house I need urgent help no read Waka pass. My DS is six weeks old and have been on exclusive breastfeeding, but two days after administering drugs such as paracetamol, abidec, vit C and gripe water I noticed a change in his poop, it was the egusi kinda poop but missed with some greenish colour, pls what could that be? Someone said it's Jedi Jedi
Pls I need help ASAP
Note that was the first time he was taking anything aside breast milk. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 7:52am On Apr 29, 2020
nahzyla:
Why do new born babies like staring at dark ceiling fans?
Lol, I need an answer to this too..

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2020
Asapretty:
Good morning mamas in the house I need urgent help no read Waka pass. My DS is six weeks old and have been on exclusive breastfeeding, but two days after administering drugs such as paracetamol, abidec, vit C and gripe water I noticed a change in his poop, it was the egusi kinda poop but missed with some greenish colour, pls what could that be? Someone said it's Jedi Jedi
Pls I need help ASAP

I think the greenish colour is due to the medication, I understand paracetamol should be given if the child has fever.Pls get infacol(has no side effect) in place of gripe water.Medication should be given to babies if only recommended by a doctor/Paediatrician.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Ligxy(f): 8:31am On Apr 29, 2020
mabebe1:

When he is well fed, he will remove his mouth or stop sucking
My baby doesn't stop o. I akways have to stop him when he's uncomfortable because of overfeeding. Everybody laughs at him because he always feed till he's looking round. He's so big now at 2 months plus. I know it's due to always overfeeding.
I've started to control his feeding tho. �

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mabebe1(f): 8:38am On Apr 29, 2020
Ligxy:

My baby doesn't stop o. I akways have to stop him when he's uncomfortable because of overfeeding. Everybody laughs at him because he always feed till he's looking round. He's so big now at 2 months plus. I know it's due to always overfeeding.
I've started to control his feeding tho. �
You have got a CHOPPER there....lol

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Asapretty(f): 2:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
trevolady:

I think the greenish colour is due to the medication, I understand paracetamol should be given if the child has fever.Pls get infacol(has no side effect) in place of gripe water.Medication should be given to babies if only recommended by a doctor/Paediatrician.

Thanks dear for the response, I administered paracetamol because he received his six weeks immunization as for the other drugs I was totally against it but my mum and DH overpowered me saying it was administered to me and nothing happened to me. I guess I would stop the drugs.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by trevolady(f): 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
Asapretty:

Thanks dear for the response, I administered paracetamol because he received his six weeks immunization as for the other drugs I was totally against it but my mum and DH overpowered me saying it was administered to me and nothing happened to me. I guess I would stop the drugs.

I think its OK to administer pcm after immunization if the baby's has fever not before.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 9:58pm On Apr 29, 2020
Asapretty:

He doesn't need all that. Pcm is ok to soothe immunisation pains and relieve fever. Even gripe water and infacol isn't exactly necessary, hence should only be given if baby has colic. Some people dont even give at all.

With my first son, he had colic and used infacol with helped alot. When I was expecting my daughter, I bought infacol too, she is 6months plus now and the bottle is still here unopened. Just wasted almost 3k for nothing.

So just breastfeed well and his poop will go back to normal

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prestige2013: 10:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
This Vigil no be here oooo, my baby does not sleep until 4am/5am with him busy sucking. how do I soothe him to sleep?

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Leesah(f): 1:12am On Apr 30, 2020
Good morning mothers in the house, Please I need help....
My daughter sucks as if my breast is going into extinction and it's making my nipples hurt me a lot. Once she sees breast open, she'll just put her mouth, if I'm covered, she either drags the cloth until she gets her way, tear it if it's fragile or cry till I answer her. Right now, they're both red and if she attempts to suck, it hurts a lot.
She's 9 months old, rejects cereals, pap and other foods. I've tried mashed purée and the rest yet, it's not working and I had to start force feeding her so she won't loose weight and even after I just finish force feeding her, she'll still want to suck breast. It's now looking like an addiction.
Wanted to breastfeed her till she's 18months old but right now, I'm thinking twice. Would it be right to wean her now or I should wait till she's a year old? And what's the guarantee that she'll start eating food when I wean her?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mirba(f): 4:22am On Apr 30, 2020
Asapretty:
Pls I need help ASAP

It is normal for the babies poop to change color at a certain age. It will vary in color untill it has the right one ;-)
As for the pracetamol its only to relieve pain and fever like somebody else said already.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Giddyperson: 5:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Leesah:
Good morning mothers in the house, Please I need help....
My daughter sucks as if my breast is going into extinction and it's making my nipples hurt me a lot. Once she sees breast open, she'll just put her mouth, if I'm covered, she either drags the cloth until she gets her way, tear it if it's fragile or cry till I answer her. Right now, they're both red and if she attempts to suck, it hurts a lot.
She's 9 months old, rejects cereals, pap and other foods. I've tried mashed purée and the rest yet, it's not working and I had to start force feeding her so she won't loose weight and even after I just finish force feeding her, she'll still want to suck breast. It's now looking like an addiction.
Wanted to breastfeed her till she's 18months old but right now, I'm thinking twice. Would it be right to wean her now or I should wait till she's a year old? And what's the guarantee that she'll start eating food when I wean her?

Stop force feeding please. Find one food she can tolerate even a few spoons of. And just give her a few spoons of it every 30 mins, she'd take more of it with time. And after a month you can introduce something else. Always start with lots of patience, if she's accepting just 3 spoons of cerelac, then stick to making just that size until she starts to want more. Try garri and soup too, you never know what she might like.

You can wean her too if you want, would be tough but in less than two weeks she'll be eating other foods. She'll cry at first but she'll get used to it. Just let someone else feed her , and avoid being in the same room with her all day as much as you can for a week. Many babies reject all other foods when breastmilk is on the menu.

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 11:36am On Apr 30, 2020
Good morning mamas. I had my baby a year ago via CS. I was cut vertically cos of the baby's position. I have a huge fibroid and it grew bigger when I was pregnant till date. I noticed an egg size swelling on top of my Incision mark (under my navel). I went to d hospital a day before I noticed d swelling to check how big d fibroid is, the scan didn't show I had hernia so I'm worried cos d swelling is still there and it's not painful. When I lie down it disappears. When I stand it's there. Wat could it be?

Is fibroid scan different from hernia scan since the scan didn't show I have any other issue? I'm going back to the hospital now although I did d previous scan 2 weeks ago. Please, help me cos I'm scared.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 11:40am On Apr 30, 2020
As the lockdown is easing off place order for the best 3 in 1 Post Partum Recovery Belt and get the tummy back to shape.

Price is just #5000

Also buy your data

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by blex444: 12:06pm On Apr 30, 2020
estilo:
Get UNRIPE paw paw, Peel and cut into 7pcs(for girl) or 9pcs (for female), get one onion WHITE color and cut it. Get a plastic with cover, wash the pawpaw put it inside the plastic with the onion and add enough water that can bath your baby for like 3 to 6days. Leave it till the next day and start using it to bath the baby. Don't dilute it with water. It will clear within 5 days, even the one in his eyes will come out. That's what I used for my baby.

Pls what causes jaundice in babies ?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 5:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
HolySteph:

How do I get this delivered to me this period? I stay at ago palace way, okota.

How can I get your contact pls
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by goldenone(f): 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
Good evening mommas, my DS is going to be three weeks tomorrow. Sometimes he has one watery poo and other normal poo daily. He feeds very well and even his Tommy size scares me but I want to know if the poo is okay.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Leesah(f): 12:01am On May 01, 2020
Giddyperson:

Stop force feeding please. Find one food she can tolerate even a few spoons of. And just give her a few spoons of it every 30 mins, she'd take more of it with time. And after a month you can introduce something else. Always start with lots of patience, if she's accepting just 3 spoons of cerelac, then stick to making just that size until she starts to want more. Try garri and soup too, you never know what she might like.

You can wean her too if you want, would be tough but in less than two weeks she'll be eating other foods. She'll cry at first but she'll get used to it. Just let someone else feed her , and avoid being in the same room with her all day as much as you can for a week. Many babies reject all other foods when breastmilk is on the menu.
Thanks ma.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by teedarling: 5:17am On May 01, 2020
Good day experienced Mama's.
Please what can I use for my 10weeks old baby congestion.
Also, he has not poo for 3days but farts a lot. please any suggestions.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:11am On May 01, 2020
teedarling:
Good day experienced Mama's.

Please what can I use for my 10weeks old baby congestion.

Also, he has not poo for 3days but farts a lot. please any suggestions.

If you are breastfeeding exclusively, it is totally normal and nothing to worry about. If you are giving formula as well, then you need to give water, just little sips.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lisa001: 4:28pm On May 01, 2020
Good day Mama's I just gave birth yesterday via CS but I've not been able to breastfeed because water isn't coming out
Pls Mama's what can I do to stimulate or bring milk out
My Lo loves food too much and the formula isn't enough it breaks my heart watching him cry all night of hunger

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by threegees(f): 7:15pm On May 01, 2020
Lisa001:
Good day Mama's I just gave birth yesterday via CS but I've not been able to breastfeed because water isn't coming out
Pls Mama's what can I do to stimulate or bring milk out
My Lo loves food too much and the formula isn't enough it breaks my heart watching him cry all night of hunger

Congratulations mom.
I don't have any experience with CS but I know lot of pap will do the trick. I don't know about tea with lots of milk since you're healing.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 10:05pm On May 01, 2020
blex444:

Pls what causes jaundice in babies ?

Jaundice is caused by excess bilirubin in the blood. And if not treated on time could cause a lot of damage .

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Rbae: 7:04am On May 02, 2020
ayobarmy:
Mummies pls how safe it is for an 8weeks old baby boy to sleep on his chest??

The best sleeping position for babies is lying on their back. Sleeping on their chest without being monitored properly could lead to sudden infant death. Let you baby lie on his back, it's the beat sleeping position. Google it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by ayobarmy(m): 8:20am On May 02, 2020
Rbae:

The best sleeping position for babies is lying on their back. Sleeping on their chest without being monitored properly could lead to sudden infant death. Let you baby lie on his back, it's the beat sleeping position. Google it.

Wow, I can't believe this can still be quoted today, the baby in question is 8 already!!!

Thanks for the response anyways, It will still be helpful to some.....

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MumDiamond: 9:52am On May 02, 2020
Ligxy:

Lol, I need an answer to this too..

Lol... My 6 weeks old baby not only stares at the fan. My wedding pictures are her personal fave. We have two of our wedding pictures enlarged in a frame in the sitting room; that’s the traditional wedding picture and the white wedding picture.

I was pregnant with her during the wedding. Someone mentioned that she could see herself in the picture. Everyday, she looks at the pictures like it’s her first time of seeing them. If you move her to another position, she’ll stretch her neck to look at the other wedding picture across the room.

At times when she’s crying, we take her close to the picture and she stops crying. Sometimes, she looks at the picture and smiles, almost laughing sef. There was a day she was smiling broadly at my traditional wedding picture and everyone in the room started laughing. She burst into tears making a face like we were mocking her... Lol

On a more serious note, I’m very concerned about how much she looks at the pictures. Although, she stares at the wall, fan and light as well, but those pictures! At times she takes a break from breastfeeding to look at them, smiles, then goes back to feeding again.

Experienced mamas, am I worrying too much?

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Lisa001: 4:57pm On May 02, 2020
My baby is 3 days,I haven't given him the BCG Injection ,I'm hoping to go to the hospital on Monday I hope it's not too late?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2319) (2320) (2321) (2322) (2323) (2324) (2325) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.