Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4409027 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) (2339) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2020
LadySarah:

Whether or not you give her she will outgrow them before 3 mths, Its called Colic and common in children. It is gas swallowed during breastfeeding .

How to help.
1.After every feed gently massage the back from down to up to let the gas escape.

2.lie her down facing you and gently move her legs as if she is riding a bicycle. She would fart grin
3.Dont make a habit of giving "suggested" drugs to your infant. All she needs now is warmth, food and enough rest. If you are concerned pls take her to the hospital.

Congrats dear

This is so helpful.
Since it is normal, I'll keep calm now and take care of her.
Thank you so much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 10:18am On Jun 12, 2020
TiffanyJ:

Don't be worried. A few weeks after birth, my baby sometimes go a week without pooing. It's nothing to worry about. She will poor at her own time

Its alright. Thank you ma

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by biggal: 10:23am On Jun 12, 2020
Good morning my fellow vigilante mothers.

How do you boost your immune system after delivery?
We have you covered with this Manual fruit juice extractor.

No electricity required

Price is #6000.
Call or WhatsApp
For video

Limited stock available

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OMOLARAFE: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
Hello dear mamas. Happy democracy to us all.
Please I need candid opinions on my 2 years and 3 months old daughter's speech. She still speaks mostly "gibberish" and just says few real words like mum, apple occasionally .
She is my first so I don't have basis for comparison.

I thought at this age she should have started using phrases to communicate but she drags me to whatever she wants instead of saying them.

Please advise. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Datcokegal: 6:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
OMOLARAFE:
Hello dear mamas. Happy democracy to us all.
Please I need candid opinions on my 2 years and 3 months old daughter's speech. She still speaks mostly "gibberish" and just says few real words like mum, apple occasionally .
She is my first so I don't have basis for comparison.

I thought at this age she should have started using phrases to communicate but she drags me to whatever she wants instead of saying them.

Please advise. Thank you.
At least she’s saying something audible..just keep communicating with her ,allow her interact with kids that are already talking fluently and in no time she will pick up..please don’t compare her with other kids..Different kids with different personality.

4 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by eolowu1(f): 8:03pm On Jun 12, 2020
good evening mummies. pls which cream can I use for my daughter, she has extremely dry skin, she's 1yr+, I used seba med for her was she was a baby, nw she's on E45 but her skin is so dry and we Neva enter harmattan oooo, pls help. tanx in anticipation
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by OMOLARAFE: 8:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
Datcokegal:

At least she’s saying something audible..just keep communicating with her ,allow her interact with kids that are already talking fluently and in no time she will pick up..please don’t compare her with other kids..Different kids with different personality.

Thank you mama. I appreciate.

The social distancing and lockdown has made interaction with other kids impossible.

But I will keep engaging her in chit chats as you advised .
God bless ma.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olabrinks(f): 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
When do babies start sleeping through the night angry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed pleaseee ohhh I need to know I am tiredddd

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2020
LadySarah:

Whether or not you give her she will outgrow them before 3 mths, Its called Colic and common in children. It is gas swallowed during breastfeeding .

How to help.
1.After every feed gently massage the back from down to up to let the gas escape.

2.lie her down facing you and gently move her legs as if she is riding a bicycle. She would fart grin
3.Dont make a habit of giving "suggested" drugs to your infant. All she needs now is warmth, food and enough rest. If you are concerned pls take her to the hospital.

Congrats dear
My baby had it for 6 good months. She is 7 months and 2 weeks already and it still disturbs her small small at night.
My sister, I won't wish this gas on my enemy talk more of my friend. E really showed us pepper

3 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2020
Good morning Mama's
My baby girl is 2wks +1 . Her navel stump fell off yesterday with the navel protruding. What can be applied to it now so it will heal completely

Cc Angeltolly, zaynie and other Mama's

Abeg no trowey face for this matter
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adezie: 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2020
olabrinks:
When do babies start sleeping through the night angry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed pleaseee ohhh I need to know I am tiredddd
For me they start to sleep through the night once I stopped breastfeeding and also stopped offering tea or water at night. let's say three days after.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
adezie:

For me they start to sleep through the night once I stopped breastfeeding and also stopped offering tea or water at night. let's say three days after.

So I still have a long way to go.
Hmmmmmmm
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olabrinks(f): 12:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
adezie:

what age was that please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
preshpearl:
Good morning Mama's
My baby girl is 2wks +1 . Her navel stump fell off yesterday with the navel protruding. What can be applied to it now so it will heal completely

Cc Angeltolly, zaynie and other Mama's

Abeg no trowey face for this matter

There is nothing in particular to apply aside what you were using before either methylated spirit or chloroxyl gel till it close up and heals completely

What were you using before, my hospital prescribed chloroxyl gel and that is what we used from start to finish.

But what do you you mean by "navel protruding" ..... I don't understand that part. Picture??

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jennykoko3009(f): 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2020
futuremoma34:

God bless you... Coconut water has been saving babies from colic... As in Ehhh... Once you give the baby dat water... The will not cry for colic or disturb your night... It's you that will be waking your baby up in the night to breastfeed.

pls can a 3 months old baby take it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 2:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
olabrinks:

grin grin grin grin once they reach 5 years tongue tongue

No mind me oooo
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
angeltolly:

There is nothing in particular to apply aside what you were using before either methylated spirit or chloroxyl gel till it close up and heals completely

What were you using before, my hospital prescribed chloroxyl gel and that is what we used from start to finish.

But what do you you mean by "navel protruding" ..... I don't understand that part. Picture??

Here's a picture

We use spirit and cotton wool

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
preshpearl:

Here's a picture

We use spirit and cotton wool
Well, am not sure there is anything abnormal here except that your baby's has an outie (protruding) belly botton which is normal and not a concern. Please continue to clean with spirit till it covers up. Kisses to baby

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by preshpearl(f): 4:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
angeltolly:

Well, am not sure there is anything abnormal here except that your baby's has an outie (protruding) belly botton which is normal and not a concern. Please continue to clean with spirit till it covers up. Kisses to baby
Thanks mami
Can I have your WhatsApp contact please?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by prestige2013: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2020
Evening All, my 3 months old baby snores when sleeping, should I be worried or what can I do to correct it at an early stage?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olabrinks(f): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

grin grin grin grin once they reach 5 years tongue tongue

No mind me oooo
abegggg ohh I don’t want that kind of curse lol cheesy grin
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
olabrinks:
abegggg ohh I don’t want that kind of curse lol cheesy grin

U asked for it

That's d joy of motherhood soon it will pass

Me sometime s I will just leave my baby with my mum I go and catch breeze I cannot Kill myself
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by adezie: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
olabrinks:
what age was that please?
I gradually stop breastfeeding at 11 months and slowly replace breast milk with tea, pap and water. By 11.5 months, we are totally off breastfeeding and fully taking pap, tea or water at night. By 13 months we are completely off everything. No more night feeds. She sleeps through the night. She also eats whatever we eat during the day. Tea, juice and pap are now twice a day or sometimes none at all.
modify* I think they sleep better with full tommy. I used to wait till like 10pm to feed her well so she can sleep through.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olabrinks(f): 8:43pm On Jun 13, 2020
tyhgfrdeswscbhf:

U asked for it

That's d joy of motherhood soon it will pass

Me sometime s I will just leave my baby with my mum I go and catch breeze I cannot Kill myself
ahh it is a must ohhh. I need at least 1-2 hours a day to myself.

Mummies need a break too, we are not machines ahbeg lol.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by olabrinks(f): 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2020
adezie:

I gradually stop breastfeeding at 11 months and slowly replace breast milk with tea, pap and water. By 11.5 months, we are totally off breastfeeding and fully taking pap, tea or water at night. By 13 months we are completely off everything. No more night feeds. She sleeps through the night. She also eats whatever we eat during the day. Tea, juice and pap are now twice a day or sometimes none at all.
modify* I think they sleep better with full tommy. I used to wait till like 10pm to feed her well so she can sleep through.
okay thanks a lot. This gives me hope that my son will sleep thru in the night soon. He is 3 months now, so I will be monitoring him.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by missyblissy: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2020
lioha:

At what rate pls?

You have to order it oooo

Just notice that as from one year parents are responsible for the vaccine of their kids oooo. If you are using govt hospital, please note that from 12 months the govt clinic will only give you vitamin A. It more than that ooo. I paid 32k for vaccine for my baby last week and this week will pay extra 7500 for second dose of cholera vaccine. It is so expensive except where your hmo can cover some of the cost and these vaccines are very important oooo

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by TiffanyJ(f): 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sabi mamas, my seven months baby doesn't like the friso gold I give her so I'm thinking of changing to another. Which is better between Nutribom and Nutriben?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mariatt(f): 10:19pm On Jun 15, 2020
Hello wonderful Mama's in the house. Please patronise me for your cheap data plans. It's genuine and affordable. Call or Whatsapp 0.8.1.4.3.8.2.5.5.5.5

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by babythug(f): 7:24am On Jun 16, 2020
eolowu1:
good evening mummies. pls which cream can I use for my daughter, she has extremely dry skin, she's 1yr+, I used seba med for her was she was a baby, nw she's on E45 but her skin is so dry and we Neva enter harmattan oooo, pls help. tanx in anticipation

You can mix the E45 with Shea butter and coconut oil.

You can also give her COD
Liver oil as a supplement

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Techhybabe: 8:38am On Jun 16, 2020
missyblissy:

You have to order it oooo

Just notice that as from one year parents are responsible for the vaccine of their kids oooo. If you are using govt hospital, please note that from 12 months the govt clinic will only give you vitamin A. It more than that ooo. I paid 32k for vaccine for my baby last week and this week will pay extra 7500 for second dose of cholera vaccine. It is so expensive except where your hmo can cover some of the cost and these vaccines are very important oooo

tongue tongue You use Beachland?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2333) (2334) (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) (2339) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.