Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2352) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4396322 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by tyhgfrdeswscbhf(f): 10:21am On Aug 05, 2020
Christianaoha:
Good morning Mummies, please am new here. I am a first time Mum. My baby is three months old and has stuffy nose which he suffers most at night. I have gone to the hospital and I was given crystal menthol but that thing is too harsh. He has had it for over a month. I bought saline drops it offered some relief but they are expired and I don't want to get another one I just want it to go. After a friend's advice. I have been doing steam for my baby since Saturday, morning and night. Just yesterday I was told to give him vit c please is there something else I can do to relieve him of this it's becoming a nuisance.

Cough started 3 days ago but wasn't obvious but during this night he has coughed 3 times.

And please the nights that are hot how do you cool the room with baby in it? I usually on the AC for sometime switch it off, wait for the temperature to come down a bit before we go into the room. Please how do you cool your room with a baby in it?

Go to pharmacy and get sliverbird . Always put two drop in a bowel of hot water cover ur baby in it so she can sniff it..

My baby started using it since he was one month and up till his 3 months has not had any cold or cartarrh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MayoDebz(f): 11:28am On Aug 05, 2020
Good morning mamas.
Please I need recommendation on good children hospitals in Abuja - Both private and public that work 247.
Thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Omakraid(f): 11:39am On Aug 05, 2020
MayoDebz:
Good morning mamas.
Please I need recommendation on good children hospitals in Abuja - Both private and public that work 247.
Thank you
Limi Children Hospital is one very good hospital I know. My aunt was referred there from another private hospital when her baby was sick sometimes last year and I was there with her. she's been using there till now. It should be somewhere in Wuse if I'm not mistaken. Google the precise location pls.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by MayoDebz(f): 11:40am On Aug 05, 2020
Omakraid:
Limi Children Hospital is one very good hospital I know.
Thank you Mama.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 4:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good afternoon ma, pls I need a good hospital around dei dei in Abuja or madala . Just moved in to this area and not familiar with this area yet.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by delaveres(f): 6:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
Good evening mums.
My 5 weeks old baby keeps choking on her saliva when she’s trying to wake up. This makes breathing difficult when it happens and I have to pat her back to clear it.
What could be the cause of this and what can I do to stop reoccurrence
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello Ma'am,

After the delivery of my boy. I saw my first mestration three month after, which is on 5/07/2020 even though it lasted for seven days but my mestration is for four days before delivery but uptil now, I've not seen my second mestration and today's date is 5/08/2020. I did home Pregnancy test and it was negative.

Did any one experience the same?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by zikodem(m): 10:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
[quote author=Mummy4life1 post=92500824]Hello Ma'am,

After the delivery of my boy. I saw my first mestration three month after, which is on 5/07/2020 even though it lasted for seven days but my mestration is for four days before delivery but uptil now, I've not seen my second mestration and today's date is 5/08/2020. I did home Pregnancy test and it was negative.

There is nothing to worry about, since d p test is negative, so many factor could be responsible for d delay,
1, stress
2,anxiety
and other factors, my wife had same experience but saw her period after 31dayz

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:41pm On Aug 05, 2020
[quote author=zikodem post=92501028][/quote]@Zikodem:Thanks for prompt response
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mommatriplets: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2020
Christianaoha:
Good morning Mummies, please am new here. I am a first time Mum. My baby is three months old and has stuffy nose which he suffers most at night. I have gone to the hospital and I was given crystal menthol but that thing is too harsh. He has had it for over a month. I bought saline drops it offered some relief but they are expired and I don't want to get another one I just want it to go. After a friend's advice. I have been doing steam for my baby since Saturday, morning and night. Just yesterday I was told to give him vit c please is there something else I can do to relieve him of this it's becoming a nuisance.

Cough started 3 days ago but wasn't obvious but during this night he has coughed 3 times.

And please the nights that are hot how do you cool the room with baby in it? I usually on the AC for sometime switch it off, wait for the temperature to come down a bit before we go into the room. Please how do you cool your room with a baby in it?

about cooling room with ac, simply set the temperature on 24 or 25 deg, and leave it indefinetly, it will maintain that temp in the room. most people go and put it on 18 or 16 deg..and turn around to complain that its too cold

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tracyp007: 6:29am On Aug 06, 2020
Pls mama my 3 months old baby is having Ela (red patches on faces)what can I use to remove it?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Ma'am,

Your body is just adjusting to a whole new cycle.... It will take time to regularise.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by angeltolly(f): 7:46am On Aug 06, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Ma'am,

Are you sure its saliva? Is he always well burped before you lay him down? Check that.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2020
Mumaraoluwa:
Good afternoon ma, pls I need a good hospital around dei dei in Abuja or madala . Just moved in to this area and not familiar with this area yet.
My friends that live in Deidei are using hospitals in kubwa, Kubwa general hospital and Daughters of charity hospital ( private). I don't think there are good hospitals around that place. Don't know of Madala.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 8:08am On Aug 06, 2020
delaveres:
Good evening mums.
My 5 weeks old baby keeps choking on her saliva when she’s trying to wake up. This makes breathing difficult when it happens and I have to pat her back to clear it.
What could be the cause of this and what can I do to stop reoccurrence
Saliva? or breastmilk? My baby choked on saliva on the very first day I gave birth to her and was told it was because she wasn't getting enough milk. I think yours should be breastmilk. Ensure she's always burped before laying her down. Also, you can put a small flat pillow under her mattress to raise her head a little.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 8:13am On Aug 06, 2020
Good morning mamas. Please I need a good recommendation for breast pump.

Also, can anyone teach me how to do steam inhalation for a small baby. Thank you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 8:39am On Aug 06, 2020
angeltolly:

Your body is just adjusting to a whole new cycle.... It will take time to regularise.
Thank you ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Fruitfulvinee: 11:08am On Aug 06, 2020
miraclebaby:
I used petroleum jelly. Bend a finger and apply small Vaseline on it, then press onto the navel to rub rotating it to touch all parts. That’s what my mum did and it didn’t take time to heal. As for pains, I don’t think there’s any associated pain
Thanks mama. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by delaveres(f): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
Limahgirl:
Saliva? or breastmilk? My baby choked on saliva on the very first day I gave birth to her and was told it was because she wasn't getting enough milk. I think yours should be breastmilk. Ensure she's always burped before laying her down. Also, you can put a small flat pillow under her mattress to raise her head a little.

I used to think it was breast milk, but it’s saliva. She secretes a lot of saliva and she chokes when she’s about to wake up cos she swallows plenty at once. I also make sure she’s well burped before lying her down. I presently use a pillow, but she changes position often which makes her leave the pillow area.
This keeps me awake most times coz I always have to be at alert
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
Good day in the house.Please my baby of six months cries seriously in fear when I use the blender around her.I complained in the hospital and was told to always take her away whenever I want to use it.Now,she gets scared at the sound of a car engine or the sound that comes when you are fetching water in an empty bucket.I dont know if its something to get worried about or she will outgrow it or I go back to the hospital..Though her reaction is worse with the blender..thank you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mumaraoluwa: 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
Limahgirl:
My friends that live in Deidei are using hospitals in kubwa, Kubwa general hospital and Daughters of charity hospital ( private). I don't think there are good hospitals around that place. Don't know of Madala.
ok thank u ma. Do u have an idea of their antenatal fee and delivery fee?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jaynifer51: 4:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
Hello mamas please I need tips on how to increase my milk supply, with my first child I was engorged for a long long time and never had any issues with milk flow but this time around my baby is just 8days old and my supply isn’t giving me joy at all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Cal2020: 7:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
sunny15:
Good day in the house.Please my baby of six months cries seriously in fear when I use the blender around her.I complained in the hospital and was told to always take her away whenever I want to use it.Now,she gets scared at the sound of a car engine or the sound that comes when you are fetching water in an empty bucket.I dont know if its something to get worried about or she will outgrow it or I go back to the hospital..Though her reaction is worse with the blender..thank you
For the blender thing I had the same experience with my first daughter . So what I noticed is that when I was pregnant of her I had people around cooking all the time so I never had to blend anything the whole period of nine months myself or be around anyone blending. After she was born I moved to another part of the city where most times it was just me and her at home and I have to blend, she will cry and scream �. I had to be blending under my staircase just for her to not get scared.
I just had another baby two weeks back, from day one of the pregnancy to delivery I blend stuff my self and I guess she got use to the sound of blender before she came out, so if am using a blender now she just watch me do it . I don’t know if this make any sense though but I know the sounds they hear when in the womb become familiar to them when they are out. Don’t worry your daughter will outgrow it.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunbestie(f): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
Jaynifer51:
Hello mamas please I need tips on how to increase my milk supply, with my first child I was engorged for a long long time and never had any issues with milk flow but this time around my baby is just 8days old and my supply isn’t giving me joy at all.
U can try taking hot pap with enough milk, warm water, massage ur breast with hot water,drink tea always and keep ur mind at rest. Always put ur baby to d breast always. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mommatriplets: 9:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
my baby like rubbing his eyes frequently, his eye is clear, am i cant see what he is always rubbing vigourously.
2ndly, when he is sleepy, another bout of rubbing starts again, like he wants to rub out the sleep. 4months old. anybody experienced this?, any quick remedy?
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Tomblessings: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
miraclebaby:
No experience with this. Do you massage her with warm water to be sure she’s not having pains? Hope you also don’t use water that’s too hot or too cold on her. Is your home cold? That could give her shiver too

Thanks for the reply ma.
I'm sure it's not pains but fears.
I believe she'll outgrow it.

It is well o. Being a mom is not an easy task

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 9:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
Mummy4life1:
Hello Ma'am,

It's normal as long as you are sure that you are playing safe. Your cycle will soon fall into rhythm.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
Tracyp007:
Pls mama my 3 months old baby is having Ela (red patches on faces)what can I use to remove it?

Hospital recommends Sudocreme.Locals also recommend the Red Acalypha flower. You can ask those ppl that advertise and grow flowers. Boil and bath baby with the water. Use severally until the re color fades.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Limahgirl:
Good morning mamas. Please I need a good recommendation for breast pump.

Also, can anyone teach me how to do steam inhalation for a small baby. Thank you.

Electric. Madella is good
Hand held. Chicco is good.

Steam inhalation. Boil hot water and pour in a bowl or bucket. Add 2 or 3 drops of silverbird or mentholatum or.... With your baby on ur laps and you seated down. Cover both of you with a fabric that won't let steam escape. A big towel or bedsheetetc.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
sunny15:

My son was that way. I fact we stopped coming to church cos we spent more time outside th inside just cos of microphone and the blender too. I guess you live in a quite area.
Sooner or later she will hear noise on this Nigeria so you have to get her accustomed to it. You can start with your home sound system. Play it as often as you can while reassuring her. She will get over it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 9:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Jaynifer51:

Keep putting bby to it or pump with a breast pump to send signals to your brain for increased supply. Also warm fluids is very important and your mindset. Always try to be positive. My gynae told me our mood greatly influences our supply.
Goodluck!
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Mummy4life1: 10:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
LadySarah:

It's normal as long as you are sure that you are playing safe. Your cycle will soon fall into rhythm.
Thank you ma'am even though I am not playing safe.God will help me ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (2349) (2350) (2351) (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.