Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,712 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! - Health (2355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! (4391729 Views)

In Benue, Woman Delivers 6 Still-Born Babies (Graphic Pic) / SHOCKING PHOTOS: See Chinese People Kill And Eat New Born Babies / Are There Doctors For Newly Born Babies Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) ... (2515) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2020
Good evening, gbogbo Ile.
How are our babies doing??
Please, who has used Sayana Press injection family planning??
I need reviews biko. I don't want IUD again. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 5:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
Nameflow:
check the nostrils? Any nasal discharge or stuffiness. Most times children would favor breathing to eating in the case of nasal children congestion. I hope you don't force feed. The best thing would be to go to the hospital as I can't possibly examine your child from here. If the doctor say the coast is clear... Try reducing the amount of food she takes but increase the frequency and then gradually increase... For example since she tolerated 30 mls feed 30-40 mls every 2 hours then increase by 10 mls every day or two until she's back to her normal dose.. But if she needs more food while doing this pls give.

Keep us posted
Thank you so much for your detailed response, I appreciate ma.There is nasal stuffiness as you could hear it through her breathing I will do as you have said.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
Limahgirl:
Thank you so much for your detailed response, I appreciate ma.There is nasal stuffiness as you could hear it through her breathing I will do as you have said.
most likely... Nasal congestion or adenoid hypertrophy... See the doctor.. Your baby would be OK.. And please what ever you do don't force feed
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 6:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bomgirl:

I dunno about sayana press... But have you considered implants? Implanon and jadelle? 3 - 7 years duration
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2020
Nameflow:

I dunno about sayana press... But have you considered implants? Implanon and jadelle? 3 - 7 years duration

I'm actually scared of implants. Not cos I've had any experience with them, just fear. sad
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 6:21pm On Aug 11, 2020
Bomgirl:

I'm actually scared of implants. Not cos I've had any experience with them, just fear. sad
lol.. It's really not as bad as you fear.. Imagine being stuck with a needle 12 times in 3 years and just have an implant once and forget it's there. The entire process takes less than 5 minutes. Give it a thought.. Once for 3-5 years on 12 injections in 3 years.
Another angle.. The failure rate for injectables are higher than implants.

2 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2020
Good evening mummies and daddies..please, how do you get your lil ones to take medications..my 6 months baby does not like drugs at all and yesterday was worse.she was crying seriously until she choked on it..she kept on coughing and coughing, it was really scary
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by bimberry1307(f): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2020
Mzora:
Mama try and make sure he latches properly i.e his mouth covers your nipple.s well..and is around your areola.
Thanks mama. I'll take note
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by rvpbae: 10:27pm On Aug 11, 2020
sunny15:
Good evening mummies and daddies..please, how do you get your lil ones to take medications..my 6 months baby does not like drugs at all and yesterday was worse.she was crying seriously until she choked on it..she kept on coughing and coughing, it was really scary

I use dropper, target the insides of the mouth.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by swtzeebae(f): 10:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
Used baby stroller available for sale
Price - #13000
Location - Ibadan

Call or whatsapp 08147230527 if intrested

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2020
rvpbae:

I use dropper, target the insides of the mouth.
Thank you so much ma'am
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Errys: 11:55pm On Aug 11, 2020
Interesting thrend
Am not a mom yet though.
Congratulations � to all mom here.
God bless you all n may all ur labour not be in vain ijn.

5 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2020
Nameflow:
lol.. It's really not as bad as you fear.. Imagine being stuck with a needle 12 times in 3 years and just have an implant once and forget it's there. The entire process takes less than 5 minutes. Give it a thought.. Once for 3-5 years on 12 injections in 3 years.
Another angle.. The failure rate for injectables are higher than implants.

Thanks for this. I appreciate.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabelladee(f): 10:48am On Aug 12, 2020
Bomgirl:

Hi, I do have Experience with Sayana Press and I didn't have any regrets using it.
I still got regular periods while on it and most importantly didn't "fall" pregnant grin
I got off it last year and my periods stopped for a few months (still didn't fall pregnant too) but they returned and everything is back to normal.
No periods after you get off it is a side effect which didn't bother me and the duration differs from individual to individual.
I'll recommend and you can ask any other questions you might have.
I hope this helps smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Izanghi(m): 12:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
Good afternoon, am new on this thread, my son just clocked 2 years old. He has been blabing words and so we thought he'll outgrow it but someone checked his mouth and complaibed about his tongue and so we took him to the nearest health center to check and they told us he has tongue tie. Am taking him to general hospital immediately but am scared if it will affect his speech (that is, ability to talk properly) because someone told me it will be difficult to do when his older compare to when he was a baby.
Your suggestion will be highly appreciated

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2020
fabelladee:

Hi, I do have Experience with Sayana Press and I didn't have any regrets using it.
I still got regular periods while on it and most importantly didn't "fall" pregnant grin
I got off it last year and my periods stopped for a few months (still didn't fall pregnant too) but they returned and everything is back to normal.
No periods after you get off it is a side effect which didn't bother me and the duration differs from individual to individual.
I'll recommend and you can ask any other questions you might have.
I hope this helps smiley

Thank you so much.
Did you experience carry weight gain?
Were your periods crazy whenever you had dem? I know it still varies from one person to the other sha, but I just want first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by fabelladee(f): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
Bomgirl:

Thank you so much.
Did you experience carry weight gain?
Were your periods crazy whenever you had dem? I know it still varies from one person to the other sha, but I just want first hand experience.

I am plus size but I didn't experience any crazy weight gain because I paid attention to it for the first 3 months which was the duration of the first shot.
My period were very normal and regular too. I personally didn't experience irregular bleeding or really heavy periods either, it was still my regular cycle and flow. I had way less cramping too and some months no cramps at all!
I surprisingly had no acne all through as well.
It worked great for me and I was really happy about it unlike my personal experience with Implants.
I was skeptical at first but after use the Pros definitely outweighed the Cons for me. smiley

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Jenny855(f): 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2020
Hello Mum and Dad
Do you want your little one looking good at a great bargain ?? Miva Kids Thrift got your back and we consider your pockets too���
We bring you first grade UK thrift wears for newborn to 12years�� gowns, trousers, boy tops and shirt, skirts, leggings and girl tops.

Follow us On Instagram @miva_kidsthrift and don’t forget to turn on post notification so you don’t miss out our posts

You can also chat us on WhatsApp just check the link on my profile on signature , we can send you your preferred sizes and you pick the one you want

We also do WHOLESALE ���

Thank you ��

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mommatriplets: 1:51am On Aug 13, 2020
Christianaoha:

Thanks mama, 24/25 is not too cold?
Well, it varies from body to body.
Normal room temp on a sunny day is abt 28 to 30 degs.23/24 usually works ok for me most time.
You can get a portable room thermometer and find out what works for you/ baby

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by LadySarah: 5:47am On Aug 13, 2020
sunny15:

Thank you so much ma'am

Get a syringe without the needle. Put it at the corner of the cheeks and press. It goes directly to the throat.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 1:02pm On Aug 13, 2020
Temitope009:

Since your doctor asked you not to worry, there might be any need to.
If you still are, seek a second opinion.
To be on a safer side, increase his calcium intake. How?
Feed him calcium rich foods like milk, eggs etc.
My baby was started on calcium supplements at a year plus.
Talk to your doctor.
Does he have a lot of weight?

Thanks for your reply ma'am, he doesn't have a lot of weight, he weighs less than 10kg. I have also increased his calcium intake.

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by mzzkismet: 1:08pm On Aug 13, 2020
Izanghi:
Good afternoon, am new on this thread, my son just clocked 2 years old. He has been blabing words and so we thought he'll outgrow it but someone checked his mouth and complaibed about his tongue and so we took him to the nearest health center to check and they told us he has tongue tie. Am taking him to general hospital immediately but am scared if it will affect his speech (that is, ability to talk properly) because someone told me it will be difficult to do when his older compare to when he was a baby.
Your suggestion will be highly appreciated

Please take him to the hospital. They should still be able to cut it.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2020
LadySarah:

Get a syringe without the needle. Put it at the corner of the cheeks and press. It goes directly to the throat.

Wow,thank you so much mummy
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limahgirl: 8:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
Nameflow:
most likely... Nasal congestion or adenoid hypertrophy... See the doctor.. Your baby would be OK.. And please what ever you do don't force feed
Are you a doctor? Thanks for always responding to questions on this platform. God bless you.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Nameflow(m): 9:10pm On Aug 13, 2020
Limahgirl:
Are you a doctor? Thanks for always responding to questions on this platform. God bless you.

9 Likes

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by khaffi2(f): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ligxy:
Hello mums, my 5 months old baby rubs his ears and cry, it wakes him up in the night. I don't know if it's the teething thing or something else.
I feel so bad for him.
I don't want to visit hospital due to this whole covid thing. I need advice please.
Same happened to my DS when he was around 7months+. If you can use Bonababe for your baby and make sure fluid doesn't enter his ears while bathing or breastfeeding. Or rather see a Doc for checks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by khaffi2(f): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
Bomgirl:
Why don't you just go for Implanon... But consult your doctor first to know if it suits you
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Bomgirl(f): 6:06pm On Aug 14, 2020
khaffi2:
Why don't you just go for Implanon... But consultant your doctor first to know if it suits you

Just learnt of the duration of implanon. Will discuss it with the fp people on my next visit. Thanks
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by comtem2011: 7:53am On Aug 15, 2020
sunny15:
Use either dropper or syringe, give her by the side of the mouth, small small, she will swallow all.
Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by sunny15: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2020
comtem2011:
Use either dropper or syringe, give her by the side of the mouth, small small, she will swallow all.

Mama,Thank you ,God bless!

1 Like

Re: NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! by Limitlessbond: 12:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
Good day mums and dads in the house,
Pls I will like someone to help and/or advice me in this regard. I observed my son who will be 3 years old in October usually have lots of saliva come out of his mouth. He speaks freely and ears well. No sign of anything to worry about to the best of my knowledge aside from this excess saliva drolling down his mouth. I am so worried. Read alot online but he doesn't exhibit any of the symptoms they mentioned that if he exhibit it may be infection. Kindly assist me. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (2352) (2353) (2354) (2355) (2356) (2357) (2358) ... (2515) (Reply)

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.